United Financial SystemsDisaster

S Review updated:

In March I contacted U.F.S. to consolidate my debt. I initially spoke to a representative named Felipe. I found him to be forgetful and he kept mixing me up with 'another New Yorker'. I requested to speak to someone else. I was connected to David Bishop. He was very slick and efficient. Everything was set up, papers faxed etc.

After that it has all gone down hill. At this point, I have had $600 withdrawn from my account in March, April and May yet only 1 credit card co. has been paid. And they have only been paid once. I have called repeatedly and have received many different explanations. I have been told that even though the money is deducted on the 26th of the month, it takes 2 weeks to be sent out. But that doesn't explain why it was NEVER sent. They say they have sent it out and that the credit card compnies are lying. On the other hand the credit card companies tell me these consolidation firms are crooks. I have not gotten a straight answer from anyone. but the credit card companies continue to hound me for their money. I requested some proof that the money was sent or paid to the credit card. I was told it would take accounting 1 week to give me that info. Well, 1 week has come and gone, no proof.

An account manager named Jamie Lyons has tried to contact me several times but I teach and can't always answer the phone. I always return her calls and leave a messege.

When I started this program I was up to date but I knew I couldn't maintain that. That's why I contacted U.F.S. Now, I am not sure where most of my money is, I owe a fortune in late fees and my credit rating is worse then ever. They have not done what they are supposed to be doing. They are not paying my creditors. Are they crooks? Where is my money?

I would never recommend this firm to anyone. It has been a financial disaster for me.

Aug 03, 2009

That is common practice for United Financial Systems. Once employed by this company, I know how unprofessional customer service conducts themselves. Little is done about it. The term under-qualified comes to mind. But, as the young lady said that posted the complaint I am commenting on, the customer service is the least of their issues.

• L
      Dec 02, 2009

The very same thing is happening to me too. I have been with U.F.S. for over 3 1/2 years and they have missed two or three payments here and there and are ruining my credit also. Exactly opposite of what they are supposed to do. They are very hard to contact and give you the run around. Never a straight answer and always say that they can't do anything about the problem. They are worse than useless because they are hurting my credit instead of fixing it!
    They also told me that I would be through with the payment in 50 months, which I am now finding out it will be atleast 60 months.
    U.F.S. is a terrible company to deal with!
    Larry

Dec 30, 2009

I have been with this company since 2007 and I just found out they were 3 payments behind with my account. You MUST ask to speak with a manager, the reps will be sassy with you and say the manager will tell you the same thing but they don't. If you get to the manager suddenly all your payments are posted, they are very difficult to get through at times. Even though three payments just went through I am now having to call every month because they continue to not be processed. If you are in a financial bind you just have to stay on them.

Jan 26, 2010

I have had 2 payments withdrawn from my checking account and not one payment to my credit card companies have been made. I was sent an email to show a payment sent electronically on Dec.22 and to my surprise nether credit card has received payment. I was told how many days they have, how many days the credit card company has to post. I had my daughter call her friend that works for this company (the only reason I signed, so have checked them out anyway), Her friend tells her that she will have someone in management call, I get a call around 6pm after I get off work, (same day) and now I'm told that because tomorrow will be 30 days, they will contact accounting and put a trace it will take 5 days. Do I think a payment was sent, NO! It's easy to have a form email, where are the transaction number for the electronic transfer, etc. I have family that worked in the banking all his life, electronic is not snail mail. Where is my money sitting in their account earning them money, Now I'm late with 2 cards that I haven't been and over $400.00 is sitting in their accounts. I think this is fraud, 1) I will call and demand payments now, both payments. 2) I will report them to the BBB today.

• D
      Jun 19, 2010

I am having the same problem with United Financial. I have been with them for 2 years. They take $728.00 from my bank account every month and I have no idea what they are doing with my money but they are not paying my creditors. I have been getting phone calls daily, all day and night from my creditors wanting their money. All of my payments are 2 months behind. I was not behind on my payments before I entered this program and now my credit score is terrible. I don't know what to do at this point. I can't get in touch with UFS. When I call them I get a recording and then they disconnect me. What can be done about this?

Aug 23, 2010

I had this problem also and about ripped my hair out dealing with the drones working their customer service. Don't deal with anyone less then a manager...I talked to Jamie Lyons who is high up the ladder if not at the top, she contacted me back an hour later saying everything is taken care of and I won't have this problem again. True to her word it's been fine ever since. Before her I talked to at least 20 different low level customer service reps with the same result...uhhhh our accounting department uhhhh our computer system uhhhh where else can I pass the buck etc. It is a good company and they do deliver, but don't put an ounce of faith in the drivel they call customer service who aren't qualified to use the office water cooler let alone handle your finances

• B
      Sep 29, 2010

• D
      Oct 07, 2010

Is there another number to reach them at? I have been trying to get someone to help with my account (behind two months..hmm..and it is direct debited without a missed payment). I just sent emails to jlyons and customer service. I cannot get through to anyone by phone. I am at my wits end and ready to talk to someone about pursuing legal help. What do I do?

• F
      Oct 22, 2010

does anyone know Jamie Lyons email address? Seems like I can't get a phone call back...:(

Oct 22, 2010

I also have been with this company for exactly 3 years. We have a total of 6 cards that were being paid on. After many calls and e-mails of them telling us not to worry about the creditors calling, we finally started looking at our statements in depth. We have cards that are 5 months - 2 months past due. And one that they paid for the most part on time. We are approximately out $2200 at the moment. We had about a year and a half of good service. Since the middle of last year a payment would be skipped periodically. We put too much trust into this company and now are paying the price.
    I have called all the cards companies and started minimum payments on my own. I called our bank and put a stop with drawl from UFS. The teller was soooo nice - she was actually able to reverse one of their with drawls back to our account. We completed the proper paperwork and funds were back in our account w/in 5 days.
    Each card I called have treated me like low life!! We have average $400 past due on 5 cards. I get talked down to and feel like crap.
    UFS hasn't missed taking our money - no, they haven't!!
    I have found an attorney that will represent our case. I do have to now save for the filing fees. He will work with us Pro Bono - any settlements we win, he will then take his share from that.
    Again many hours of calling the card companies and collecting statements for the past 3 years to document every missed payment, late charge fee, interest increases ect.

FIGHT BACK - what they are doing is WRONG!!
    Good luck to all of us dealing with this huge MESS!!

Nov 17, 2010

Much more discussion on this horrible company and good advice on how to get your money back can be found here:

Get out while you still can.

Nov 18, 2010

I have been trying to contact this company for 4 months. They keep withdrawing money but no payments made. I have been charged over $500 in late fees and over $500 in interest, plus month payments. Does anybody know if there is any lawsuits against this company. I will be willing to jump on board.

Nov 22, 2010

I was told that you can contact your bank and request for a revoke ach draft (reverse ACH payment). Some banks can go back 3 months some further.

Nov 25, 2010

I've called every phone # & sent an email to every address I could get my hands on. NO response including the one I sent to J Lyons someone mentioned. I have proof she opened my email but she has not made any attempt to contact me.
    If anyone has any ideas or knows of away to get these toads to pay up please email me @ [protected]@hotmail.com
    Phyllis from Philadelphia

Nov 30, 2010

I received a letter today that beginning December 1st Consumers Alliance Processing is taking over the handling of the debt mgmt for United Financial. I sent an email to them and they called me back in less than 30 minutes. That's unheard of with UFS. They are going to call me back in a day or so to let me know when my accounts will be brought current. I hope I'm not being fed BS. We'll see.
    Phyllis from Philadelphia

Nov 30, 2010

I feel that we all have grounds for suit! This company has taken advantage of thousands of people (me included) We need a good attorney that will take this case.

Dec 01, 2010

Phyllis Thank you for posting the consumers alliance statement I spoke with them While they didnt have our account yet she did get me a number that actually went through to a voicemail and an email that wasnt denied Hopefully We can get our money back from these clowns . I filed a complaint wit the bbb today so hoping somthing comes up. For everybody else here is the Good number and email
    561-883-2398ext312 email [protected]@unitedfinancial.org

Dec 01, 2010

UFS is still handling the disbursements prior to 12/1/10. I did get a return call when I called to find out about missed payments. Prior attempts were ignored. But it seems they are now returning calls. Good luck all

Dec 01, 2010

It's 12/1/2010. I sent in my certified check to pay off all my debts two months ago, and still nothing has been done in my accounts. I am following Phyllis H. number later today. Thanks!

• E
      Dec 02, 2010

I have been a client of United Financial debt consolidation systems since September 2008. As of July 2010, I have been totally disappointed with the company and I have reason to believe there is fraud involved. I have creditors that have not been paid since July (Chase Bank), some since September (US BANK), and the two added in September of this year (Macys & Best Buy) have not been paid at ALL. Yet the company has automatically drafted payments from my bank account every month. I am highly irritated with this situation and mad. I have sent numerous emails, as well as made phone calls. I usually do not receive a response from the emails and I'm on hold at least 30 minutes every time I call just to either be hung up on or have none of my questions answered. I spoke with Pamela Lee TWO months ago and she insured me this situation would be taken care of. I have been told on at least three occasions that the company had a 'deadline' to pay the creditors. This did not happen and it appears to my creditors that I owe even more than before due to late fees and increase interest rates. I have been removed from some of their debt assistance programs and have acquired late fees. The bottom line is I want to know where my money is and why my accounts are past due or no payment at all. Not only have the payments been debited from my bank account, but the service fee for United Financial has been debited as well which says to me that I have paid for a service yet the service has NOT been carried out. This is unfair and unprofessional. I have been told that the accounts have now been moved to a new company, which is fine but what about all of my payments from July until now. This is the WORST company EVER!!

Dec 02, 2010

Ok this is the info I have. UFS is responsible for disbursing of all draws made prior to 12/1. I spoke to a person by the name of Carolee @ UFS. She told me that the missed payments will be disbursed no later than Friday @ midnight. Do not know if that's for everyone's accounts but that's what I was told about mine. I am very impressed with this new company. First of all they have an "A" rating with the BBB. They answer all phone calls & emails. They made their 1st draw from me this morning and it's actually a few dollars less than I was paying. I just sent them an email & asked how much time between draw & disbursement of funds. Haven't heard back yet, but I will let everyone know whatever info I find out. There looks to be a light @ the end of the tunnel.

Dec 02, 2010

Ok Just heard back from the new company. She said the way the process works... It takes 3 business days for the funds from your bank to settle into theirs, then they disburse payments out to the creditors which is done on Mondays & Thursdays. Hope this helps.

• B
      Dec 02, 2010

I agree with Shannon 0899 ... I've got a lot of correspondences between myself and them (FAXs, e-mails, letters from angry creditors) and would be glad to provode them to a lawyer who's exploring the possibility of a class action lawsuit. Instead of helping to repair our credit, they've made it worse than when we began!

Dec 02, 2010

I just called Consumer Alliance thanks to this forum. I spoke with a rep who took my information down after I explained that I sent them a payoff amount and then received letters from my creditors that they haven't received any payment since July. She is going to fwd the information to their staff, who will speak to UFS. She gave me the same number for UFS, ext. 312, which goes to Jaimie Lyons voicemail, where I left a message earlier today.
    I hope something happens soon, or we will all have to go class action against UFS.

Dec 02, 2010

Is there a way to get a refund from UFS? Looks like they didn't pay any of my creditors since July. I am just going to have to go to my savings and pay off my creditors and get the money back from UFS. Looks like its gonna be a wonderful x-mas after all thanks to UFS :-/

Dec 02, 2010

Jamie Lyons is the one I was trying to reach and she doesn't respond. I sent her multiple emails & left a number of voice messages & no response!! Try [protected] Ext 342. Her name is Carolee. She called me right back !!!

Dec 02, 2010

wow I just got yelled at and berated by some lady by the name of ladissa (i think) Because of an email i Sent and a voicemail i left yesterday. At least it was a human She came on yelling telling me . About my tone in the voicemail yesterday... so oh well. I better get my money either back or dispursed to my creditors because as of now my acct cannot be acessed by these clowns I reccomed everybody lock your money down and start calling these numbers You may get yelled at but its atleast by a human i can yell back at. Thanks Phyillis

Dec 02, 2010

I just settled over the phone with Chase and paid them $3000 on my balance that UFS should have taken care of. I am going to attempt to call Carolee at the new extension to just get my money back from the cashier's check I sent them 2 months ago, then call my bank to get back the ACH withdrawal from August and Sept.
    After talking with Chase, they said that they dropped me from the program in Oct. since I wasn't making payments for 60+ days, which I had no idea about because I thought UFS was on top of their game. Time to call Carolee. Thanks Phyllis for your help!

Dec 02, 2010

Carolee @ United Financial was totally professional & helpful when I spoke to her. The customer service reps are taking a real beating right now. The people responsible for this nightmare are not the customer service reps, but because you can't get past them they get the blunt of all our anger and outrage. That is one job I would not want.

Dec 02, 2010

I totally agree with you but she picked up and her first words to me were " this is how its going to be" and she informed me she was the was she was because of my Harsh voicemail. I could really care less how her day has been after the nightmare that company has put all of us through so to inform me that their records show all of my payments have been dispursed and i am "ignorant " of the finansial buisness and a delay of posting procedures to companies, I think she got exactly what she expected which was a screaming match. But like I say I am at least happy to speak with a human and maybe I lit a fire so now they can go into the computer and push the button to dispurse my money thats all I want. Cause they will never touch Our money again. Hope everybody else is getting some attention at this point as well have a good day

Dec 03, 2010

Has anyone tried to call today? I received a voicemail from Carolee late yesterday saying that they were going to investigate my disbursements, but now when I try to call with her extension, it says that mailbox is full. In the meantime, I am still trying to work with my creditors and resolve the problem on my end. I just want my money back at this point.

Carolee's email address is:
    [protected]@unitedfinancial.org

Dec 03, 2010

Thanks Phyllis. I appreciate it a lot! My email address changed, and I asked them and sent them emails repeatedly from my new address, but nothing yet. Hopefully Carolee will respond to my email now.

Dec 03, 2010

United Financial owes me money!! I canceled my account with them over a month ago because they fell over 2 months behind on payments to Chase (collection agency calls up the yinyang). One of their customer service reps assured me that my account was canceled and that i would be receiving a check from the accounting department for the money they pilfered out of my checking account and never sent to Chase. But lo, while I awaited my check, instead of them sending it to me, they transferred my account (which was already canceled) to a company in California without my permission!!! No one will return emails, no one answers the phone (not even the mythic J Lyons).

Dec 03, 2010

Jamie Lyons does not respond to any calls or emails!! I was told by the new company that the accounts were transfered but not the money prior to 12/1. UFS is still responsible to make the payments for draws made before 12/1. Jamescfr contact Carolee Estabrook @ UFS. She was very helpful with me. [protected]@unitedfinancial.org

Dec 04, 2010

Carolee seems to be the only one there. I sent her an email explaining my frustrations early Friday after she had left a voicemail on my phone late Thursday (I was at work and don't have reception, but I wish I had gotten a chance to speak to her). She responded to my email about 20 mins later, saying that she gave the accounting department my information for them to review. I don't believe her, but thanked her in an email. I am giving them until next Tuesday to "review" my information. Meanwhile, I am sending them a certified letter according to Steve at getoutofdebt.org (where I found this website from), and talking to my other creditors.
    In the meantime, I will be getting in touch with the Florida State's Attorney and my own State's Attorney and the FTC to move forward and file a complaint.
    This is wrong and they act like they did nothing wrong while sending all their customers on a wild goose chase and ruining their credit.

Dec 04, 2010

Hmm... this is interesting... Chris Boulahanis is the founder of UFS. I did a search for his name, and at first, I figured, well... it couldn't be true, but its the same address as UFS.

Dec 04, 2010

Carolee was very helpful and apparently told me the truth. She told me my missed payments would be paid by Friday midnight and they were!!! Unfortunately my credit card companies knocked me off the program which I made the new company aware of. To my surprise they already sent new proposals! Be careful there is someone on these blogs that's trying to steer everyone to their debt management company. Do your research!!! Consumers Alliance is a member of BBB and has an "A" rating.

Dec 04, 2010

I spoke with Carolee yesterday and it did not end well. She said that it was merely an electronic glitch that prevented UFS to make payments to Chase, and that even though UFS has decided to not renew their license in Pennsylvania (which is why they sent my account to that place in California without my permission) I will not be receiving monies owed to me. Sure, she said that UFS will be posting payments to Chase this coming thursday for the months that they failed to do so, but they will still be keeping their cut of it, and she refuses to provide me with my initial security deposit "because [I] didn't complete the program" which is ludicrous because UFS admits that they will no longer be servicing accounts in Pennsylvania. Looks like UFS will be making a killing with all those initial security deposits from their canceled ex-customers in Pennsylvania and whatever other states they decided to not get re-licensed in.

Dec 04, 2010

I was told by Carolee that if we completed the program UFS would pay us back our security deposit. She even said she'd check with her boss and call me back. She called back and said yes they would return our money upon completion of the program. So more lies???? I was also told the disbursement issues only effected the PA accounts. Has anyone else contacted Carolee? If not please do so. Ask how they are handling the initial deposit for accounts that were transferred. I'm curious what story she gives. As of the other day UFS transfered NO money to Consumers Alliance.