UMG*MERCHANTTEC HSOLUTUnauthorized transactions from bank account

I'm a small business owner and sole owner/employee.

At no time did the company contact me for its "services" or products. Mysterious, transactions in the amount of 49.95$ labelled UMG*MERCHANTTEC HSOLUT appeared every month.

According the the customer service rep, I had apparently joined my company following a telemarketing phone conversation. Funny part is, I've been in Japan for the period starting several months before this phone call occured... hmmm...

I have given them 72 hours to post credit, the customer service rep danced around trying to make excuses about his supervisor this or that.

Sounds like a scam on the massive scale to me.

• Ra
    rajrajco Jan 11, 2012

A charge of $19.95 appeared on my mastercard. I contacted them and they said they will reverse the charge. They could only give me credit for 5 months, but they have been charging for long time.

• In
    interioraids Dec 22, 2009

A charge of $1.00 appeared on my credit card from "UMG*TECHX [protected] IL. I immediately suspected a scam - imagine thousands of $1.00 charges - many might not even pay attention. I will call the number in the AM, and also contact the vendor I made an on-line purchase from on the same day - as it seems to be a suspicious coincidence.

• A1
    A-1 Owner Jul 15, 2009

Same scam was on both my checking account statement and my credit card statement. This happened after order a part online. When I found the debit I immediately called their [protected] number to find out what this charge was for, they said I had requested their service online. Of course, the person on the other end did not speak very good english. I told her no such purchase had been approved and she said a contact would have been made via phone to confirm the purchase. I told her again this had not been approved and that this was a scam and I wanted a full refund. I said on my check account a credit the next day. Not sure about credit card yet.

• A1
    A-1 Owner Jul 15, 2009

My company also was hit by this. After ordering a part online a popup connected them to my credit card. They in turn charged my Business credit card for $49.95. When I recieved my credit card bill and saw the charge, I called and they said I had requested it online and someone would have called me to confirm. I told them this was a scam and I wanted full refund back to my account. I have not seen the refund back to my credit card account but I also found the same scam against my Business Checking Account and funny that same day they sent a credit to the checking account.