Ulta - San Antonio, TX &The Rim&makeover hell

V

Okay so they had this big "makeup even" and one of the associates there got me to sign up for the event a couple of weeks ago. They said they'd do a free makeover and give advice on how to apply makeup and beauty tips. I had to make an appointment to attend this event. I walk in today for my appointment and was just told to have a seat anywhere. This young girl comes up and says she's going to focus on one part of my face today, which I thought was strange because I thought I was getting a whole makeover. She gets started and basically makes me look like a clown. No joke. I've had bad makeovers before but this was by far the worst. The eyeliner was gooped on and each eye looked completely different. She was going to leave it at that and then I asked about other techniques, BIG MISTAKE, she then applies eyeliner to the bottom lash line and it was nowhere near the lash line. It was like a whole seperate line just sitting under my eyes. Believe me.. it looked like crap. She then said "oh it looks great' and that was what my whole makeover experience consisted of. I just got up, said thanks and walked away with my head down. I have no idea why I had to schedule an appointment to waste my time and have someone plop me down for a mere 5 minutes and make me look like crap. I used to love ULTA and at this moment I hate it. What a waste of time. It'll be quite a while before I ever return there.

NocturnalPinkketchup Jun 24, 2011

Why do people complain online but don't say something to the person who is working on them? Communication is architecture. And as if 1 employee represents the whole of Ulta.

• Lp
    LP3274 Jun 27, 2011

That girl probably didn't work for Ulta directly. It's more likely that she worked for the makeup brand. If she did work for Ulta, she wasn't nearly the full representation. You should have spoken with the manager of the store.

• Cu
    Customer2013 Jul 15, 2013

I also had a bad experience at Ulta at the Rim. There was a long line and two cashiers working. The one that I got was named Laura. It was finally my turn in line and I was asked by Laura, "Are you ready?" That was all. No smile-if anything, a frown. I walked over and explained I needed to complete a return. No response. She did not say a word while processing the return, until "Slide your card." Then when slapping receipt on counter, "Sign here." Then she handed me my receipt and just stared at me as if annoyed. So, I asked her what her name was. She simply stated, "Laura." I thanked her and walked away.