UKNL FoundationFake lottery win

B

Hi, I received the following email. It was obviously too good to be true. I gave the details that are asked for (stupidly), is there anyway they can scam me? Thanks, Becci.

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59 WINNING NOTIFICATION We happily announce to you the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International Program held on September 05, 2008. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number: [protected] 188 with Serialnumber 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: [protected] and a bonus numberof 24. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £590, 983.00 (FiveHundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three Great BritishPounds) in cash credited to file KTU/[protected]/03. To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent via emailimmediately: Mr. Richard NessClaims DepartmentThe UKNL FoundationEMail: [protected]@verizon.net You are required to provide the following information for verificationpurposes: Full Name:Full Contact Address:Sex:Age:Occupation:Tel (Home/Office/Mobile):Country of residence: Congratulations once more and from all members and staff of this program. Yours Truly, Seth Hickerson, Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

• Vi
    Violet F. Coleman Jun 18, 2008

I received an email that purports I have won some ridiculous amount of money via a London National Lottery. I googled the information and found alerts and warnings about this company. I am lodging this complaint because I do not want to receive anything else from these scammers.

• La
    Larry Sep 04, 2008

I received several messages about my apparent winnings of a lottery that I had never entered. I checked out the actual website for the real U.K. Lottery; it is just like everywhere else, you can't win without purchasing a ticket and e-mail addresses are never used as a means for selecting winners.

• Hu
    Huguette Sep 16, 2008

Hey what a surprise indeed...I wonder who really falls for this!
    And how on earth did they get my e-mail address?? I NEVER play lottery as I'm against the principle of taking money from others effortlessly...not to mention stealing it !!

FYI that was the message in my e-mail box

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59
    WINNING NOTIFICATION

• Gr
    greenlilith Sep 16, 2008

Isnt that amazing. Here you are in Canada and here I am in Australia with exactly the same message with the same winning numbers including the bonus number of 24. Synchronisity 0r scamonisity? Unlike you I wish it was true I could certainly share this amount of money around but c'est la vie, easy come easy go!

• He
    Helen Stay Sep 16, 2008

yep I also got this email- looked up Seth Hickerson and theres one on facebook...is it him? who knows...

• Ju
    JULIE Sep 16, 2008

i have also received the same email
    Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05Batch: R3/A312-59 WINNING NOTIFICATION We happily announce to you the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International Program held on September 03 2008. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number: 56475600545 188 with Serialnumber 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 01-14-21-3-35-48 and a bonus numberof 24. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £590, 983.00 (FiveHundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three Great BritishPounds) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03. To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent via emailimmediately: Mr. Richard NessClaims DepartmentThe UKNL FoundationEMail: [email protected] You are required to provide the following information for verificationpurposes: Full Name:Full Contact Address:Sex:Age:Occupation:Tel (Home/Office/Mobile):Country of residence: Congratulations once more and from all members and staff of this program. Yours Truly, Rhonda Krein, Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

• El
    Ell_roxie Sep 16, 2008

I got the same email, this is so stupid
    I dont see how someone could possibly fall for this?
    Like someone would actually give out all their details to win a fake about of money.
    Honesty, poeple should think logically before they try and scam people

• Je
    Jeanette Sep 17, 2008

i got the exact same email today, please contact me if you know its a fraud, i already sent an email to the email address it implied w/ my contact info, should i be worried?

• Al
    Alex Sep 17, 2008

Yeah, I did receive the same mail, from that mr. Hickerson. Of course it's totally fake. I suggest not giving detailed information about us. Regards.

• Ri
    rikki Sep 18, 2008

yeah got the same one. exact same serial numbers and everything... hilarious. this "lottery coordinater" must be about one evolutionary step away from a fish. if he WAS the coordinater, he would undoubtebly be on the net somewhere, yet he doesn't seem to have considered that it is intrinsic in most humans to investigate and explore and that most of us would google his ### and find a reference to him on a complaints board! Seth Hickerson, or whatever your real name is... i tip my hat to you. someone as dense as you must have no worries whatsoever.

on another note, i can't believe that some of you gave over the information they asked for! C'MON PEOPLE! for shame

sam Sep 18, 2008

Yes i got the same email a couple of days ago.

It was too good to be true so i just saved it to check on it later, as i currently don't live in the uk.

It was a good idea to check verizon's website and see there are others in the same situation as me.

I didn't reply to the mail anyways!

Sammie Sep 23, 2008

i receieved the same email, my partner recieves many of these types of email so i was instantly suspicious,
    i wouldnt give out these details as they are questions that would be used for security purposes..
    ie: a mobile phone company, telephone banking
    date of birth, postcode, address, telephone number etc can all be used for security questions..
    meaning affectivly they will have enough of your details to accomplish this..
    failing that it could be identity fraud..
    i would not trust any type of email like that.. your personal information is personal .. you will be amazed what you can do with even just a name...

• Iv
    Ivan Sep 27, 2008

Yes I get the same crap in the email as you guys.
    If you didnt participant in any thing how on earth are you going to inform that you are the winner? They are very stupid. But very sad there are someone who fall in this. Let's educate the people dont fall for this!

• St
    Steph Oct 01, 2008

i had the same e-mail except now he is Mr. Lewis Jnr and his email is now [email protected]

• Ca
    Caleb Oct 02, 2008

Sent me an email for my info i.e address and telephone I replied with those details. Then I figured it was dodgy and found your website with other complaints. I just wanted to report. I will NOT be giving them any bank details or money!

• Li
    Linda Egan Oct 25, 2008

just recieved e-mail stating that I have won 250, 000 uk sterling as above only a Mr Darren Nelson
    fiduciary agent for the National Lottery for draw number 1055 to make arrangments with ~Mr George Hilton customer service manager of speed courier ltd. I'm glad I came across your page. What came be done to these scamsters? how on earth did they get my e-mail address? dont get me wrong 250, 000 grand would of been nice but its not the first time I've had gangsters e-mailing to build up my hopes just as well I dig around before I take the bait. People beware!

sally n Oct 26, 2008

i had the same email but different name mr christopher was my fidiculary agent, i decided to check out the name 1st so realised must b fake wen i found this page!

• To
    Tom G. K. Oct 29, 2008

received news about lottery winnings. After trying the given phone # - "no service" I started getting suspicius, e-mail was returned: not deliverable - but one email did not came back, in this I mention "this maybe a scam".
    There was no reply to this. After looking up UKNL in google I found my answer: IT IS A SCAM. Watch out!

• Va
    Van Oct 30, 2008

if you have given them your name, phone, address but no banking information, what could they do to you? One of my friends have just received the same type of email and stupidly enough to provide the info they've asked for. She is very worried now.

• Ca
    Carmen Nov 03, 2008

I'm in Puerto Rico and I also received it!

Ref: LSUK/2031/8161/05
    Batch: R3/A312-59

We happily announce to you that your email address has won the sum of
    £590, 983.00 (Five Hundred and Ninety Thousand Nine Hundred and Eighty Three
    Great British Pounds) in the recent draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online
    Sweepstakes International Program.

To file for your claim, contact your fiduciary agent via email immediately:

Mr. Christopher Smith
    EMail: [email protected]

You are required to provide the following information for verification
    purposes:

Sir Mark Dulle,
    Online Lottery Co-ordinator.

• Le
    Leonard Nov 08, 2008

i recieved this stupid email too! obviously if the email was from the national lottery then the email to reply to wouldn't end in @hotmail.co.uk or @live.co.uk...would it, this could be anyone's email, , do they think i am stupid! what fukin ###! i hope he (they) get caught and put in prison for trying to rip people off. I hope for your sake you do not beleive these ###s. As the people from the real hustle say, "if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" .

lenny :)

Chris Nov 13, 2008

Yeah i recieved many such mails..
    But i dont send any detail, but instead i send some Vulgar words which will put him to shame..

I suggest all to do this...

Chris Nov 13, 2008

i got mail from @uknl.com

So i searched regarding that.. I was surprised to see..
    You can get details here..

Chris
    India

• Ke
    kev Nov 17, 2008

i had a simililar one, only the guy was called edward connor,
    there was a contact phone number and straight away thought about the phone scam where you dial up, get a machine and find youve been charged 200 quid.
    Also they recommended i use a courier to pick up the cheque and also a sony laptop etc cap t-shirt,
    Four Ways Courier service only i tried search for the company and it dont exist
    im suppose to have won £850, 000

• Ju
    julien Lefebvre Nov 23, 2008

supposily send by byu.edu????

• Li
    linds11 Dec 04, 2008

Hiya,
    well the email is still doing the rounds. I advise no one to provide any personal information, If you have provided any personal details then these people can obtain loans, credit cards etc in your name as they have your name, age and address. I suggest that anyone who has provided this information to perform a credit check on yourselves with the likes of experian or equifax just to make sure that all debt on there is yours. If you find that they have obtained credit in your name you then have to prove that it was not you that took the debt out.
    This is very common with ID theft. They take the money and leave you fighting to prove that you didn't borrow it.

All the best.
    Linds

• Tr
    trish1963 Feb 19, 2009

i rceived the same email today its now a christopher smith and dr janbertil widmark their email is now [email protected] BEWARE.

• Lo
    loli Feb 28, 2009

i recived the same hehe it is fake it is obviously! a sweepstake how you never inscript?? too good to be truth! and the e mail from the person how are in chrge it is Charlotte Ekdahl ([email protected]) and said to clam your prizee mail: [email protected]

• La
    lakshmi Mar 12, 2009

This is a part of research about them. I got a mail on 8th mar.09 saying that my email won the lottery and huge amount is awaiting. I supposed to submit personal information regarding . Any way I am not replied instantly and did a research. Viewing all these I decided not to reply.

lakshmi

christopher smith May 20, 2009

I RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM UKNL FOUNDATION REGUARDING SOME FAKE LOTTERY .THIS SAYS THAT U HAVE WON 973 THOUSAND (GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS ).THAT SUVAR HARAMZADA FOOLED ME KUTAA KE BACHA SALA HARAM KA PILLA WAS UNABLE TO FOOL ME BECOZ I HAD SHIEKH CHALLI KA SAPNA SAMJHA MADAR CHOT...

• Ni
    nivlem Jun 17, 2009

I also received the same e-mail a few days ago... Honestly, I was tempted because of the large sum of money. Well, thank God... Hahaha! I Just learned that we should always be careful...

chera Jun 28, 2009

I got the same email just a few minutes ago, it came from national-lottery.co.uk, and they asked me to contact christopher smith. Considering all your stories, now I have no doubt at all to delete it, haha...

• Mi
    mits55 Jul 24, 2009

hiya,

i got this, too good to be true...its a scam for sure, dont reply,
    and who the hell is christopher smith...
    ****************************************************************
    "
    Ref: LSUK/1507/1982/16
    Batch: R3/A312-58
    Cash on file: £973, 000.00

Dear Email owner,

Your email address on ticket number 71471999545 914 has won a total
    cash prize of 973, 000.00 Great British Pounds and consolation prizes.

For claims and due remittance of funds. Please contact the claims
    officer for more information.

Claims Officer: Christopher Smith
    Email: [email protected]

**Note: All replies, queries or questions concerning your claims
    should be sent to [email protected]

"
    *****************************************************************************************

• Ih
    IHateScammers2 Sep 08, 2009

I got the same email - except I won the money because of my email address! It's such a scam. What can we do to stop these guys??

• Le
    leoiyke2001 Nov 04, 2009

just got that scam too, but who are the criminal behind all this ...one has to be carefull this mordern world has turn into x

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices