UK Private Investigators (UKPI)refund not given on a no trace - no fee basis

F

I contacted Mr Burchill to trace a person. He said he would be able to do it and if he was unsuccessful then there would be no fee to pay.
He emailed me a few days later to say that he had found the person and I should pay him to get the information. I paid him £125.00.

I wrote to the person and she was kind enough to write back to me to say she was the wrong person. Many people would have said nothing then I would be none the wiser thinking she did not want to make contact with me.

I sent Mr Burchell six emails asking for a successful trace or a refund. He dodged my requests and only responded when I told him I was going to make a claim through the small claims court. Since then he has done every delaying trick in the book eg cheques in the post, I posted it yesterday, let me know if it hasn't arrived...

Now I am going to court about it. Mr Burchell is a disgrace to the profession and a dishonest person.

RESOLVED

• UK Private Investigators [UKPI]'s response · Aug 28, 2019

Oh Robert Singer or is it Robert Harris ( its hard to keep up with all of you name changes) of Local Detectives based Essex (18 Roneo Corner, Hornchurch, England, RM12 4TN) Born in November 1983 - what a vivid imagination you have. SO many fake posts on here made by you and which have ALL been traced back to you! Hopefully the industry will be licensed soon and people like you who claim to have thirty yrs in the business (despite only being 36 years old) will be kicked out.

• Da
    Dave Armitage Jun 06, 2016

Used this company to do get address details for someone which turned out to be wrong, proved to ukpi with photographic evidence which they refused to refund and ignoring my emails.

• Ro
    Robert1966 Mar 12, 2018

I was also ripped off by Timothy Burchell.
    His date of birth is 08/05/1968 and he is from Kent. His REAL company name is Vestigare Limited.
    This man is a total con artist so be careful