TruTechDVD player on tv broke!

C

I received a 13" Trutech TV/DVD player for Christmas 2006. I was watching a DVD last night 9/28/07 and the DVD player acted like the DVD had scratches on it and it froze. I tried to clean the DVD and replay it, but the DVD player did nothing. I tried to put in another DVD... nothing. It just broke. I can not find a website to find out how to get this fixed and from the complaints on this website, I don't think it is even worth it.

• Kw
    Kwanna Oct 08, 2007

I feel your pain! I received the exact same model on the exact same day (Christmas 2006) and guess what? Yes, while watching an awesome movie, the picture froze. I put in the cleaner disc and it won't even accept it! It happened today (10/8/07). Luckily it was a gift. But unluckily, someone actually paid money for such a disappointing product. Thanks TruTech!

• Te
    TENA MANCINI Dec 11, 2007

PURCHASED A 32" FLAT SCREEN TELEVISION LAST DECEMBER. BROKE IN NOVEMBER. TARGET NOLONGER SELLS THIS BRAND. I HAVE SPENT 4 HOURS ON THE PHONE AND STILL NO RESOLUTION. THEY GAVE ME A TELEPOHNE NUMBER TO A COMPANY WHO REPAIRS THEM. WHEN I CALLED THEY SAID THEY DO NOT. THIS IS A TOTAL RUN AROUND AND RIP OFF. I WILL NOT SHOP AT TARGET AGAIN. I WILL ALSO TELL EVERYON I KNOW. I HAVE A PROSCAN TV IN MY FAMILY ROOM IT IS 15 YEARS OLD- NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. TRUTECH SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR LEAD WITH QUALITY.

• Vi
    vikram dutta Jan 06, 2008

built in DVD player is broken (TV works fine) in less than 6 months ... just displays the "loading" mesg...
    i am pretty upset with Target (which is fast turning into another k-mart).

bottomline is you get what you pay for!

sam salad Jan 18, 2008

Used 2 times door wont open this is junk don't buy this dvd player!

• Co
    coleen humes Jan 19, 2008

i bought a trutech tv and it keeps shutting off. It doesn't have to be on long either. Sometimes it will stay on for 2 hours, sometimes only 10 minutes. Anyone else out there have the same problem? It is the small flat screen one.

• Bi
    BILL May 21, 2008

TV does not turn on. Beware!

Jason G Jul 12, 2008

I bought the Under the Counter 7" LCD TV DVD. It lasted 91 days from purchase then it died on me. According to Target they cannot take back anything over 90 days. Great, now i'm stuck with a $150.oo piece of S**t and I can't find a way to get it fixed or get my money back. Anyone looking at purchasing a TruTech item save your money...

Chelsey Aug 25, 2008

I bought a Trutech tv/dvd combo and not even ONE WEEK after I purchased it the TV would randomly turn off. In order to turn the TV back on, it has to be un plugged and plugged back then, then turned on! The tv will do this ALL THE TIME! Sometimes it will go an hour with out turning off but some times it will turn off every 5 seconds! How annoying to miss your favorite tv show or the best part in a movie! DO NOT buy this product! It is cheaply made and target will not refund!

• Ia
    I am NOT scammed Aug 25, 2008

Are you sure the sleep timer or 'turn off ' timer is not on. That happened on a set I purchased and that was the problem. Read the manual to find out about your timers. Good luck!

• Ri
    Richard Aug 26, 2008

We also made the mistake of buying on of these pieces of junk from Target and guess what? Within a few days of the warrantee expiring the sound went haywire, growling and hissing to the point that we could not understand a word being said. I installed a new cable, but it didn't help. We would strongly suggest that anyone considering an under-the-counter TV/DVD player to look elsewhere. This Trutech product is not worth the price or the trouble.

• Mi
    miguel torres Oct 01, 2008

I bought a 32' ' flat screen trutech. The television will not turn on and target has told me they cannot help me. There is nobody that can fix it because they can't get parts for it. Trutech is helpless, this is ridiculous. Can I get your help. And don't buy at target

manuel Apr 09, 2009

I have a tv dvd pvs21175s1 I need the pcb LS1704073-00-gp
    to replase
    can you help me trutech?

• Sh
    Sheila Abner May 25, 2009

My and my mother bought three trutech tv's on this past Friday. My mother opened a charge account just so that she could purchase these
    items. We got them home and they are showing very dark images. We went back to the store on Saturday for a return but they refused to take them back. Per the manager that we spoke with on Saturday these items were sold as it items. The manager that rang up the purchase did not release that information to us. If that was the case we would have never purchased these items. I am letting everyone know to never purchase anything from TARGET. I will never shop there again. I am planning on letting our Attorney Generals office know about the bad business that Target is doing.

VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

• Tr
    Tricia Morency Jun 10, 2016

The plastic casing started getting very hot after repeated use and is now melting. Each time of use is apx 30 min.