TripleAlert.comFraudulent charges

I bought into TripleAlert's idea of credit monitoring for $4.95 a month, and had been using their services many months. Then, I was curious about my current credit score, so I paid an additional $35 for their services to receive a copy of my 3 credit reports & 3 scores. Then I paid an additional $15 three weeks later to re-confirm the credit scores since we were planning to purchase a car. I was told my credit score was 746 from all three agencies. I assumed the information was genuine, and I proceeded to shop for a new vehicle and applied for a car loan. It was very embarrasssing to us when the dealership told us, "No, it's not 746, your credit score is [much lower]." I paid for a service I did not receive and was quite upset. Despite the wording on the report web-page (which I saved!), which says "Credit Score from Equifax, " the information was never pulled from Equifax, it was just assumed by a third party's general review of my credit history that my score was 746. When I called TripleAlert.com to complain and ask for my money to be refunded, I was told "We are not Experian, we are not a credit reporting bureau, and you cannot rely on the information you receive from us." Isn't this criminal? The Experian logo appears everywhere on their website. They would not refund ANY of my money. With all the focus now on a person's credit file, I think everyone should be aware of this internet scam. They are guilty of fraudulently misrepresenting who they are, selling false information, and stealing money from you for this inaccurate information. I must be getting old, because I think this is criminal, predatory behavior, and another instance of corporate America gone awry. I feel like an idiot, albeit an educated idiot. And as for the $4.95 per month credit monitoring, if I had been an unfortunate victim of credit fraud, I seriously question whether they would have stood behind their product for that service either. In final, let's band together and everyone quit using their services. This is one business that SHOULD fail. And no, Congress, they won't need to be bailed out.