Travel.State.govI have never had such a poor service

S

While I realize there is an exceptional amount of citizens applying for passports at the current time, I have never in my life had as poor service as I experienced with the above agency! I applied for passports for my husband and myself on 3/10/07 for a travel date of 5/27/07. I was assured by the local post office that this was ample time for processing and to use routine service. As instructed, I visited the above website to check on the status of our passport applications and it stated that our applications were being processed.

It is now May 21st and we are scheduled to leave for our trip on May 27th still with no passports. I called the passport information hotline and just kept getting recorded messages.

As a last resort, I called the local post office and they, in turn, contact travel.state.gov. I was informed by the employee at the post office that this Government Agency had not even begun to process our applications! The post office has assured me that I will receive the passports in the next 2 days.

To make matters worse, if we do not receive our passports by our travel dates, we were informed by the agency we booked our vacation with that we will be charged a $600.00 penalty between the airline and the resort. We should not be responsible for mistakes made by our so-called Government! Not even the decency to answer the phone or e mails that I sent to them. OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK COSTING US, THE PEOPLE for attempting to follow proper procedures and this is the example set for us!

• Ru
    Russ Chandler May 22, 2007

We applied March 07, 2007 for passport renewals. Our plane departs in 12 hours, and still no passport. I have made eight calls over the last two-weeks, and several unanswered emails. Frustrating does not even begin to describe the situation and this agency.

Good luck to people who need their passports soon.

• Ba
    Barbara Jean Armstrong Jun 04, 2007

Have not received my attached Birth Certificates back. Who ever heard of such now i guess i will have to try prove that I am who I am because my Birth certificate is flooting around some where please justify where it is. Received passport but nothing else. Please contact me by phone or e-mail ASAP. 202-396-5276

Joseph A. Chandler Aug 09, 2007

We applied for a passport April 15,07. We plan to leave on a trip on 21st of Sept. Checking the status of our passport we were told that my wife's was ready but nothing about my status. We sent an E-mail and in response were told to call which gave me a recording-no help. Please wake up some of those people and get them on the ball.

• De
    deuane mast Nov 03, 2011

believe me guys!! go w another company!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices