TravelCurrencyTotal scam

S

On November 9, 2008, I authorized Travel Currency, Inc. to debit $3, 813.78 USD from my bank account to pay for a wire transfer to Costa Rica. I was informed by Travel Currency, Inc. that the transaction fee for the wire transfer would be $25.00 USD and that I would not be charged any other additional fees. After the transfer was made, I learned that Travel Currency, Inc. withdrew an additional $140.00 USD from my bank account and then sent the wire transfer 11 days later and only sent 3637.78 which was $176 short so I had to quickly send the balance of $176 by cashiers check to avoid losing the deal with the travel agency. This was a total of $292 that was stolen from me over and above the agreed upon $25 to complete the wire transfer. I attempted to obtain an explanation as to why the transfer fee withdrawn from my account exceeded the agreed upon $25.00, but Travel Agency never responded to my written requests..

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and found out that there were already several complaints against this rip-off artist named Rainey Threadgill in Fredericksburg Texas. I should have checked BBB first and I would have never touched this company. This is a total scam and he should relocate to Nigeria where he would fit right in.

I also contacted the Texas Attorney General's office and filed an affidavit with them on this case and was informed that there are other claims existing. Stay away from this company.

• Pa
    Pamela Eberhardt Feb 24, 2016

I wholeheartedly agree. It blows my mind that this man is not in prison where he belongs. This is a story that repeats with every business he owns. https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/newspubs/releases/2008/030608travel_afj.pdf