Travel Zoounredeemable vouchers

A little while back I purchased 2 vouchers from travel zoo for a manicure and pedicure from dorjon salon & spa in boca raton. As required, I contacted the establishment in order to schedule an appointment. I spoke with "jeannie" who indicated that there are no more appointments available to use my voucher. She stated that "I should've used it by now." I told her that the voucher expiration date is not until october 18, 2011. "jeannie" then advised that she "didn't know what to tell me, but they don't have any appointments available to honor my travel zoo voucher."

I then contacted travel zoo at [protected] and spoke to "anselme." after explaining the issue to him, and advising him that I wanted my money refunded, he told me that I would have to speak to a supervisor. I then asked him to transfer me to a supervisor; he then advised that not a single manager or supervisor was available to speak with me. He indicated that the best he could do was to "put a note in my file and the issue would be investigated." he then proceeded to tell me that at the conclusion of the investigation, "someone would contact me with the outcome." I asked him how someone would contact me if he ("anselme") did not even inquire about the best number to reach me at. "anselme" then told me that he did not say that; that if no one contacted me within 48 hours regarding the issue, at that point I am then to call back. I asked him, "well, am I supposed to call back, or will someone contact me because you are providing two conflicting answers?" at the conclusion of the conversation I still had no answers.

I am very disappointed in the voucher redeeming process. And the customer service via travel zoo was very poor. I have already paid my money for a service that the establishment refuses to honor, and travel zoo is negligent in handling. This is my first experience with travel zoo, and thought this was a legitimate and reputable company.

Sayline Jun 02, 2013

I live in San Diego bought a certificate that was 99.00 for a Spa at the Hyatt Hotel, 99.o0 great price for 50.00 minute massage AND sugar scrub. After reading the FINE PRINT when I printed it a week later it said a 42.00 service fee is added- and the value was 210.00. I tried to get a refund after going to the Spa's Website and seeing their ACTUAL prices- I would have paid less to have done it on my own, they REFUSED to give me a refund because I called in 8 days-I would have had to call in 7 days!!! The scrub was done during the 50.00 min massage had they first done the scrub for 1/2 hour - then massage for 50.00 minutes it may have been closer to the ACTUAL price but the total time it took was 50 minutes. I have HUNDREDS of spas to choose from that I could have paid FAR less-(80.00 for massage 16.00 for a tip would be the going rate for most spas). RIP OFF-BAD COMPANY TRAVEL ZOO.

• Yu
    Yulaxis Perez Dec 01, 2011

I bought recently a voucher for 2 nights at the Sundy House beach hotel located in Delray Beach Florida. We went for a couple retreat, we were supposed to check in on Sunday 27th and check out on Tuesday 29th. We ended out getting back the same night and we did not even sleep there. I have to say that so far this was one of the worse experiences of my life. The hotel was horrendous, dirty, I think that the maintenance was not done for years. We changed room 3 times trying to find a decent room but it was impossible. The pool, if you can call that a pool was green and dirty. I think that this hotel was not even a star, I have never seen nothing worse in my life. I have to say the food was good. The only thing good there. There were even ants in the suite room. The reason I am so upset is because we took that vacation in advance to rest after long hours of work and we ended out getting back the same day. Please someone reply back, we did not stay there and I will like to receive a return for this voucher.