Tirechains.comIncorrectly sized tire chains

C

Buyer Beware: If anyone is planning to buy tire chains, do not purchase chains from TireChains.com. They are an incompetent and ignorant “middle man”.

It seems that they only stock a limited number of chain sizes and they send you an inappropriately sized chain and then tell you to cut them to fit (both width and length). Hats can be a one-size-fits-all but tire chains should not be.

I recently bought two sets of chains for my truck and when they arrived they were two sizes too big. I contacted the company and emailed them photos of the improper fit. (As a CO resident and a commercial truck driver, I know how chains should properly fit without risking damage to the vehicle.) I received a response that it is acceptable for the chains to be wide enough to nearly touch the rim on both sides of the tire and that it is common for every chain to be too long and I just have to trim to fit; so they would not offer a refund. The company then proceeded to delete my photos and so when I called to dispute their decision i was asked to re-send my photos. I contacted a local chain and tire specialist that agreed that the chains were too large and that the stock number of my shipped chains validated that as they referenced a much larger tire. The company refused to take them back and I was forced to file a complaint with PayPal.

Its like going to a restaurant and receiving an under-cooked hamburger and having the waiter tell you that "a well done burger should be bloody, if you want it cooked more you have to cook it yourself”.