The Hart Group American Income LifeDeceptive recruting practices

N

I received a call from a woman today, indicating that she found my resume' on Monster, and wanted to discuss some opportunities with her company. It seemed like an insurance sales job, which I am not interested in. When I asked the recruiter if it was a sales job, she fumbled over her words, and indicated "There are many opportunities with my company, including management." She also asked me if I was employed, which I found to be a peculiar question.

She offered to have me come in for an "interview" tomorrow, to discuss how my unique qualifications might meet with the company's needs. After asking her questions about the company, she finally told me the name of the company. I set the appointment for the interview, but I had a strange feeling that something was amiss about this company.

I did a Google search, and was horrified to see the horrible reviews this company has. I sent the recruiter an email, canceling the interview. I'm glad I followed my gut instinct, and did not align myself with this company!!!

Before considering any company, do your homework! Make sure you know about the company, and that it has a good reputation.

• Ju
    jules5854 Mar 30, 2016

I was contacted by this "hart Group" in Tracy California offering me a job in management. They explained I would be working to assist people in receiving benefits fro the Union. I asked specifically if they were at all related to insurance sales and she replied NO. I do not feel they should be allowed to recruit with such blatant deception and actually flat out lie! This is hurtful and very discouraging for those looking desperately for employment. The time and trouble and emotional disturbance should be illegal. To lie to get someone to get all dressed up, missing other opportunities and travel a long distance to find this deceptive company there is wrong. This is a major company, I am sorry, where is public protection? WRONG!!!

• Fe
    Felicia tee Jul 30, 2019

@jules5854 I also received this email & I never applied for any job with this Company. I'm glad I found this complaint board.

Good Morning!

My Senior Manager viewed your resume posted on Career Builder and he felt there were some things on your resume that would translate pretty well to a couple open positions we have here at The Hart Group. With that being said, he would like to invite you in for an interview!

The purpose of the interview is for our Senior Manager to have the opportunity to go over your background as well as discuss the positions we are currently hiring for in great depth. This way we can see if you would make a good addition to our team and also figure out which position you would be suited for and if we would be the best fit for you.

Below I have listed the times he has available for an interview:

Wednesday (7/31) at 10:00 am
    Wednesday (7/31) at 1:00 pm
    Thursday (8/1) at 10:00 am

Please confirm with me which time works for you and I will get you set on his schedule!

Some insight on our company; We manage all permanent benefits for our members in Northern and Central California. Our members include; Teachers, Firefighters, Police Officers, Nurses, and other union based organizations.

Currently we have open positions in our Benefits Coordination department and Management department.

I look forward to scheduling a time for you to come in and talk more!

Have a great day!

The Hart Group
    7311 Greenhaven Dr
    Sacramento, CA 95831

Anne Boleyn Aug 13, 2019

@Felicia tee I got two emails from Taylor Paige(probably not her real name). I answered the first email right away and never heard anything re confirming the appointment or what the address is for their "new office in San José."

Smelled like insurance and my guess is that "our Shawn" wants to pump me for with my contacts.

Now that I see your letter, the typo makes sense. They changed the title "Senior Manager" to Shawn but neglected to delete the preceding "our."

Chinalake Sep 01, 2019

@jules5854 I got the same email from "Ms. Taylor Paige". Interesting that the Name at top is Taylor Ermis but when you get to the bottom, it is Taylor Paige and the email address is taylor @paigerecruiting.com but email addresses are easy to spoof, just like this one did.

Stay far away from the "Hart Group" and their deceptive practices. Bunch of con artists.

• Mm
    MMc0 Apr 21, 2016

Thank you for posting. I also received calls from them 3 times this week, wanting me to come to Tracy for an interview. Same lines, the whole thing. I asked them to email me a full job description, which I have not received. I have no idea what kind of scam this is, but I am not driving all that way for a job I know nothing about.

• Ap
    [email protected] May 17, 2016

Wow I presently work a swing shift job getting off a 1:00Am I was preparing to drive to Tracy in the morning to interview for a Management Job with this company. It happened exactly the way the people above explained. A woman called to set up the interview and was very vague regarding the company. I asked her the classification of the job and she said between 60 to 80k or a little more for management. I stopped her and said no I meant, what is the job title, and she said Management. I am happy that I took the time to look the company up. I also requested a job description prior to my interview, she told me that they would email it to me, I never got it.

• Ro
    Ron378 Jun 14, 2016

I was excited to get a phone call.

Someone called saying they found my resume and see that I have HR experience; I was told they are opening an office in Hayward and Sacramento and have positions available. My excitement jumped before my judgement. Afterwards, I reflected on the phone call realizing the conversation was vague. What really got me looking deeper was the confirmation email: the email was sent from someone at gmail not from a professional email address, the email doesn't include the company name, and the confirmation email told me to be on time, bring a resume, and dress professionally. Being on time, bringing a resume, and dressing professionally are OBVIOUS. Why would they say that in the email. Also the email requesting me to bring a paper and pen because I will receive a lot of information was another red flag. Thankfully I did some research before driving out to Tracy this morning. I emailed them (Jamie) asking for the job title and job description and was told

"My job is to ask you a few questions and set up an interview. At the interview all of your questions about the different positions being offered, as well as pay, will be answered.
    If you're no longer interested then I'll go ahead and cancel your interview."

Well, that sealed the deal. I canceled the interview and remind everyone who reads, do your research and know what you are interviewing for.

• Ex
    EXF Jun 15, 2016

The same just happened to me. A cold call, claimed I applied for the job on Monster, I asked if it was sales and the woman emphatically said no and continued asking questions about my work history, I asked if she had my resume in front of her, she said no. Set up an interview in Tracy, 1 1/2 hours away and then looked up the company. Needless to say I will not be going to this "interview" for what is most likely a barely legal pyramid scheme.

I get a lot of this crap from Monster via email and this is my second call, but they've never blatantly lied before. I think Monster needs to do something about this. For now, I am removing my resume from their site.

• Da
    David Bentz Jun 29, 2016

This Monday I recieved a call from a woman claiming ahe found my resume on Monster and wanted to schedule an interview. She simply told me that the company she works for was branching out into the Elk Grove area. Then said that I'd qualify for a job. The company description she gave me was beyond brief. She told me the company was hiring Full-Time with benefits, yet I had a strong suspision with what little she said the job could be 100% commission based (which I am not going to do).

Unlike many of others who wrote reviews here, I was sent a confirmation text with the address & time of my interview. Of course it said "Dress professional, Have a resume, and bring a pen & paper". But I was also told due to the interview being Tracy multiple stage interviews would be done on the same day to the convience of those traveling long distance. Oh how they lied

I showed up early 10 minutes to spare, they asked me to fill out paperwork, but before I could even start an employee names Kylie introduced himself and I swear this guy needs to be fired. Due to past experiences with other companies I informed him that before we commence the interview I had 2 simple questions (because I didn't want to waste their time & visa versa). I asked "Are you indeed branching out into the Elk Grove area, because it would be convenient for me" and he was like "Duh, we called you. Do you realize your on a interview here". Then I asked if the job was 100% commission based and he responded "Its sales of course we do commission... But we have other postions that aren't commission based as well". Then he asked like 2 quick questions and had me leave. My interview was less than 5 MINUTES. I had a an interview at Chevy's last week go longer and be more respectful than this.

I left feeling belittled like this Kylie thought he was some big shot, and left with ZERO information about a particular postion. I professionally called back thanking them for an interview, and they had the nerve to want me to come back. I said I'd be available on Thursday hoping to settle things correctly because they were going to have me be interviewed by someone not in sales, yet after told them over the phone my availability the booked me for Wedneaday instead (all withing 10 minutes).

I'm happy afterwards my uncle told me to research this company. This site was the #3 result on Google for Hart Group. And as soon as I read these reviews I made my mind up to call in when I wake up later to cancel the appointment.

I'm tired of companies using shady recruiting tactics.

• Sl
    SL322406 Jul 10, 2016

Just because your not qualified to handle a job or are not offered a job does not mean a company is a scam. I have been to plenty of interviews where I was not a good fit and or the company was not a good fit for me, that doesn't mean the companies were a scam it means we were not a good fit. Instead of sitting around whining on the internet about not getting hired why don't you go out and find a better fit opportunity for yourselves. I have friends that work for this company and they make tons of money and help families, you should figure out a way to do the same.

• Su
    Susan Olsson Jan 24, 2017

@SL322406 You must be someone from the Hart Group. I received a call yesterday from Kevin. He left me a message that was so vague and he talked so quickly that I thought he was calling about an apartment. When I called back, he gave me the song and dance about my resume on Monster and said I qualified because I had management experience (no) and/or customer service experience (no, again). I asked him about the job and it was the one where you get union retirees to enroll in benefit programs (I'd get a whopping $500 each, but zippo if the person did not enroll.) He talked a mile a minute, which is a red flag. Any legit company is going to give you all the information to need to make a decision about whether to come in for an interview. This is not one of them.

Guess Who! Aug 11, 2018

@SL322406 It's you're, not your ("Just because your not qualified to handle a job or are not offered a job does not mean a company is a scam. "). Also, some commas would help, unless you do not breathe and say everything in one sentence. Oh, by the way, you deciding to include, "Instead of sitting around whining on the internet about not getting hired why don't you go out and find a better fit opportunity for yourselves." is quite laughable, considering you spent the time to type your comment, and also decided to visit this webpage. Your "friends" who make "tons of money" and "help families, " are they happy with their lives? Truthfully. Or, would they be willing to accept a different career if the opportunity arose?

• Da
    Danni209 Sep 19, 2018

@Guess Who! The no commas and run-on sentences sound like Kyle posted that comment. He does in fact work there and this company likes to prey on individual that are looking for a better opportunities. They start by asking you what you are looking for in a job and then tell you that this job is that and more. They lie lie lie. Kyle is unprofessional in interviews and as a person. I unfortunately fell for their lies and waisted to much of my time with a company that doesn't care if you can pay your bills or not. They would sell their grandma used underwear that's how shady they are

• 34
    34x235 Jan 26, 2020

@SL322406 You can't even correctly use you're and your. What makes you think you're qualified to be talking about any jobs?

• Ro
    Rolocedoc Jul 19, 2016

I have verified it myself coz the lady gave two different websites torch mark.com and hart group based in Tracy - I'm not going to that interview, she can't give out a persons name and contact number; I'm not new to this at 54 years old, my hair has gone gray already from this scammers.

Martha Rodoni Dent Jul 20, 2016

I got the same call today, wanting me to interview in Tracy. I told the woman that I didn't have any of the qualifications and she told me that they train you and they would screen me and match me to the best position.. I had a bad feeling about this and told her I wasn't interested. Glad I'm not the only one. Its strange that only 1 review is positive.

Jody D Oct 20, 2016

Steer clear of this place. They're not actually looking to hire employees like a regular company. They're looking for people to join a MLM group. Believe every bit of negative reviews about this place. It's an office full of suckers playing dress up and pretending to be professionals. This place is as far from professional as you can get. They just want people to work under them for free so they can make money from their pyramid scheme.

MAdBurnne Feb 28, 2017

WATCH OUT this company is deceptive. fraud scam liars.

MAdBurnne Feb 28, 2017

BEWARE! WARNING!
    watch out for company like this one, deceptive, full of lies, scam, fraud,
    WASTE OF TIME. taking advantage of people who are looking for decent jobs and they screw your time, effort, etc

• Ta
    Talisin M Mar 12, 2017

Hello. My name is Travis Martin. I have an interview here Tuesday the 14 of March 2017. Which I'm looking forward too with great anticipation. To everyone here; I understand your concern and your disappointment In what you thought was a great opportunity. But let me tell you my opinion if you will lsten; OPPORTUNITIES, ARE WHAT YOU MAKE THEM. Sure, life is Trial and Error. But it does not have to be, it could and should be Trial and success, for those who are willing to get up at 4:00am and bust there back for their goals and want they want to achieve until 1 in the morning, sleep for three hours and do it again Monday thru Sunday, that's a boss a hustler an achiever, that knows what he or she wants and will do anything and let no one stand in their way. Commission or not! Now, if your afraid of commission, I understand, because we all have bills, and children that we can't risk, but in a position like this, the sky is the limit, if you have the utmost confidence in your self, determination, goals, desires, dreams. Sales is an entrepreneur position, only the best succeed, and the weak will be flushed out. Now I'm not saying for those who are listening, that your one to be flushed out; you just don't want to take that risk, and that's respectable, but the reason for my comment and my post, is just to state that Im not one of them, I will succeed I will achieve what it is I'm looking for, and if your like me, ; Don't let nothing stand in your way! Thank you. Travis Martin. ``hustle, grind, boss up, set goals, achieve those goals, repeat the process.''

• Mo
    Monica Parra Apr 19, 2018

@Talisin M You're ghetto. You're immaturity astonishes me. Sounds like you are related with this company! I know that I had an instinctive idea about the evasive conversation regarding my questions about their job posting that I supposedly applied for. If your a paid recruiter for 100% commission for every interview you get via ambiguity and lying through omission, find a real career. Money doesn't make you successful. Integrity and competency to innovate your own business not a company that has no honor nor respect from 98.7% of people. There's more negative experiences here than the 2 people who protect the reputation of hart by getting defensive and juvenile. You look foolish and your making all the other's point! hart is not a job because jobs you're getting paid for your skill set and your time. I don't work for free or follow some illegitimate crowd making money for a signature and membership

Guess Who! Aug 11, 2018

@Monica Parra Also, @Talisin M apparently doesn't know how to use the word "too" in the correct context. The grammar is like, "wow, really?" Where did you go to school Travis, and who allowed you to graduate? (if you did graduate). My goodness. Also, if you truly believe a sales person is the definition of the word entrepreneur, then we must have a lot of entrepreneurs at AT & T, Verizon, Costco sales booth, Footlocker, and other retail brick and motor establishments... Not! C'mon, really? Travis, it seems like you fell right in to their plan. Also, in this sentence, listen, is not the proper word to be used, "But let me tell you my opinion if you will lsten." This isn't a radio. One does not listen on this website, one reads (it's comments, not sound bytes or audio).

Me, that's who! Aug 25, 2018

@Guess Who! @Guess Who! Please be aware! The grammar police is here to wreck havoc on those who have foolishly made errors on the "complaint board". If you happen to work for any of the mentioned companies, or are simply in sales, YES - you definitely CAN be an entrepreneur. Do not let a limited and thoughtless individual influence yourself. The best investment, is an investment in yourself!

• La
    Latina Urbana Jul 17, 2019

@Talisin M Travis, nothing wrong with your entrepreneurial hustle spirit. If you are up to the task, then do your best.

As for everyone else, while this job may not be for you, stop bashing this guy for his enthusiasm. There are plenty of multi-level sales jobs that are very legit and yes, there is SO much money to be made, BUT it's not for everyone.

Complain about the deceptive nature of the company, that I agree with. I was about to drive out for an interview this morning and glad I ran into this site. Saved me 2.5 hours of aggravation!

Back to Travis, work your butt off and make lots of money. Remember to be ethical and treat others with respect. Don't push hard, longevity in sales is best when you build trust and rapport. Think about how you would want your family members to be treated if someone was trying to sell them what you are selling. Best to you.

Chinalake Sep 01, 2019

@Talisin M Good grief! Learn how to write and proofread you moronic boob! Quite frankly, you have two grey cells in your head; one is in a wheelchair and the other is pushing. Oh, and one more thing, get up off your knees and quit being a shill for these scammers. You and everyone at this company really needs to go play in traffic.

Chinalake Sep 01, 2019

@Me, that's who! Well since you're the authority on being limited and thoughtless we bow to your experience! Obviously you work for this scam business. Shame your mother didn't swallow and save the rest of us from your blathering.

• As
    Ashley Buchanan Mar 20, 2017

Just wanted to share my recent experience with The Hart Group.
    My story starts out the same as pretty much all of the above. Received a call from a woman named "Tania" who said she found my resume on Monster. Said it looked like I would be a great fit for the job, and that I sounded pretty natural on the phone. She spoke fast and when she was telling me about the job I misheard her and thought she said she was calling from "The Hartford" which is a company that I was familiar with because they managed the benefits claims for my last employer. I told her that and she said that was great. She scheduled me for an interview and told me to dress professionally. First flag- real employers don't ask you to dress professionally for an interview.

I drove out to Tracy, and they had a nice building with lots of professionally dressed people. I told the receptionist my name and that I was there for an interview. She checked a clipboard with a long list of names and said she didn't see me. She said that it was okay and told one of the managers I was there to interview. The manager came out and brought me into his office. He was a nice enough guy, very fast paced sales- type, but also very casual demeanor. At first I thought maybe this is just a "millennial" environment (no offense to millennials, I am 26 years old!) and maybe I'm just not used to working in such a "laid back" setting. He used a lot of "dude" and "man" when speaking to me. I told him I was familiar with the Hartford and he got really confused and said "Wait, this is the Hart Group not the Hartford". Of course at this point I was pretty embarrassed. The fact that I didn't know what the company was didn't seem to be an issue though .He rushed through the job description and it felt like he was leaving a lot out. The biggest points he was trying to get across were "You're going to make a ton of money" "If you work hard you can make $250, 000 a year" "You can take Thursday and Friday off and go to Vegas for all I care as long as you make your numbers". He didn't ask a lot of questions about my job experience, just told me how much money I could make. Towards the end of the interview I was filling out some contact paperwork and another employee came in and told me how much he liked the job and that he'd only been there for a few months and they were already talking about promoting him to a manager as long as he could get a team under him.

I went home and did a little bit of research on the company, and found this site and many reviews on Yelp and Glassdoor saying this was a pyramid scam. Their Facebook page has no information about the services the company provides, just posts saying they are hiring, pictures of professionally dressed people writing out bonus checks, and posts talking about how great it is to work there.

I texted the guy that I interviewed with and told him I changed my mind. Glad I went online and did a little bit of research before quitting my current job!

Guess Who! Aug 11, 2018

@Ashley Buchanan You and me both (" Glad I went online and did a little bit of research before quitting my current job!").

• Pa
    Pam45 Mar 28, 2017

Some of the above comments put out a double check for me. I too was told other positions were available and sales was NOT my expertise. However after reading all this and being through some other "like companies BS" decided to cancel my interview. I have wasted my time twice and I do not want a sales position. I am a office support person, accounting or reception, administrative assistant. Gads were do they get sales from items of this nature stated on cover letters and resumes???? Thank you all for your feed back. I need a position that pays, not a training program and certainly con commission only.

• Ke
    KelleyW Jul 19, 2018

Stay clear. I received an email asking for an interview for a "Benefits Coordinator" position. After reading everyone's comments, i called the corpprate office for clarification of the job title. Karen said something to the effect that their "Benefits Coordinator" title is code for "Sales", and that this was a sales job.

Well. I was going to have to apy to Lyft 50 miles, get dressed up in 98 degree heat, and spend almost my whole day on this "interview". I was, and am, furious. I let Karen know this and canceled my appointment.

Don't even deal with this company. Liars.

Guess Who! Aug 11, 2018

Something is just really off about this company. I received a recruiting email, and that already is an indication that something is off, because any great company that does not have a terrible turn over ratio, does not need to recruit employees. That's just strange in every aspect. Has anybody received a recruiting email from Apple? Google? Microsoft? Berkshire Hathaway? Costco? SpaceX? Amazon? etc. Probably not, because they don't need to recruit, unless they really want to, but who would know why. Long story short, I scheduled the interview, went to the interview, which was very strange, and reminded me of when I was working at an auto dealership. Their recruiting strategy is similar to that of an auto dealership sales position, in that they have weekly meetings, which attempt to hype up the sales staff, or pitch them stories about how they can become rich, and wealthy, if they put in the time and effort. But in actuality, if one puts in the time and effort in to anything, there's a good probability of success. Simply put, follow your dreams and goals, not the money. Money is good, in the sense that it allows us to purchase things and provide stability for our families, but I've never heard of anybody as a child saying " I wish when I grow up, I can become an insurance sales agent." Have you? Also, after about two interviews, hiring requires that you spend about $500, in total, before beginning to work for the company (The Hart Group). $149.00 Xceltesting, $83.00 PSI Exam, $80.00 LiveScan, and $170.00 California Department of Insurance. The way that they set up their hiring process is very strategic, so be mindful of what you are getting yourself in to. Really consider if this is something that you want to pursue, because if not, you will be miserable.

• Ha
    Harleyboy Jul 28, 2019

@Guess Who! I went to three interviews with the Hart Group in Sacramento, I live in Placerville It's 50 miles each way I was all excited on the third interview I found out it's commission only well after paying 500.00 for all the test and so and having to buy a lab top (250) or more, and I'm unemployed money a little tight and then when you do all that and said I'd have 4-5 weeks of training before I was able to go and sell and would have to split it with my supervisor before I can go out on my own, I think they wanted me because they don't have a rep in Placerville but you spend Monday and Friday at the office witch only gives you only gives you 3 days to see the client it's a good idea if it works that way, I never had an employer want to you pay for a background check, I take care of a special need child thru IHHS and had to do a live scan for 60.00 but it was for my daughter so I did'n mind. But this place makes yo pay for it all not even a discount. My buddy said to check them out before making up my mind and jumping in with my eyes close, I'm glad I did!

• Kb
    K bar Apr 16, 2019

Received the same email everyone else got. Thank you for posting this

• Qu
    QuothxThexRaven May 29, 2019

I received an email from The Hart-Lewicki group about multiple openings for this company. I'm posting here because it sounds very identical to the communications I had with this office. I just got done with an interview with their San Bernardino office. I walked in 15 minutes early, was given a clipboard with some questions as I handed the receptionist my resume. I barely got through the first page when I was met by the gentleman I was scheduled with. It was incredibly brief and I could tell he had a set of questions he really wanted to get through. He told me that he wanted to talk about some things that resumes can't cover, like what I enjoyed doing for work, why I wanted to leave my current job, etc. At the conclusion, he said that he was going to give my responses to HR with my resume and they would contact me. They're currently hiring for 100s of positions and 50 managers. I brought up some concerns you all mentioned and he was adamant about no cold calling or selling of anything. They do visit clients because this company focuses on those that are already insured through their unions. It's about management of claims and clients. I hope this helps! :)

• Ho
    honestgirl22 Jul 10, 2019

There is a BIG DISCREPANCY between the job description and the actual job discussed when you come in for the "interview". I had the same experience with most commenters here. I received an email from their Recruitment Department that said they found my resume on a job seeking website and think that I am a great fit for their open positions. I asked for a job description and they said the Benefits Representative/Coordinator works directly with the members helping them understand their benefits provided by their Union, while managers are required to manage a group of coordinators.

When I got there, the Hiring Manager gave a description of the company being a benefits provider for union members and, then asked me to fill up some documents. I specifically asked if it was a sales job, since it sounded very much like one. She said no, which left me very confused. She hurriedly said she would explain more in detail as soon as the other applicants arrived and left.

All four applicants were given a presentation about the company, the products and the position. It is basically an INSURANCE AGENT position that is 100% commission based. You will also need to pay for your own fees for the review, test, license and other requirements to become an insurance agent. It was very misleading when they said this is not a sales job.

Hiring practices such as this should be illegal. If they have been transparent during the interview invitation, they can bring in the right people for the job. Instead, they waste the applicants' time, resources and energy for something that they might not be interested in and make them miss more significant opportunities.

Do not be mislead. If you are fine being a salesman on commission basis, go ahead. Otherwise, run!

• Ca
    CalTurtle21 Aug 13, 2019

I received a call from "Elizabeth" this morning saying she found my resume on Career Builder and that they were establishing a new office in San Bernardino and were looking for candidates to come in and interview right away. My background is totally accounting / bookkeeping and she wasn't clear as to what jobs were available but that I would be interviewing for either a Supervisory position (60-75, 000 a year) or an Executive position (70-85, 000 per year). I scheduled an appointment for Thursday to give myself time to check the company out. The interview was scheduled with "Kyle Lewicki". Once I got home from other appointments, I had an email from "Ms. Taylor Paige (email address [email protected]) saying the same thing. I had by this time researched the company and found this board and am so glad I did. I am by no stretch of the imagination an insurance sales person and have no desire to be. I sent a text to Elizabeth declining the interview as well as an email response to Ms. Taylor. Thankful for the heads up.

• Mi
    MiCrow Sep 23, 2019

I received exactly the same email as 'Felicia tee' and 'Chinalake', word for word - even to the two different Taylors (Paige and Ermis). It said that " some things on your resume that would translate pretty well to a couple open positions we have here". As my resume is almost entirely software engineering with a little technical writing, I had assumed that these were the skills they sought and replied that I'd be at their Pleasant Hill office at the appointed hour on Tuesday morning.
    When I got no confirming email, I phoned them but got nothing but a "leave voicemail" message. Not a good sign - what kind of a penny-ante operation is this? So, armed with the info that the interviewer was a manager called Shawn, I took the time to look up 'Shawn' on LinkedIn and I'm pretty sure I found the right person, a certain Shawn Lewicki, working for American Income Life Insurance Co. offers these descriptors:

Hiring Manager | Master General Agent | Sales Trainer | Management Development | Good Dude

(I'm assuming "Good Dude" is a job title, not a personality assessment.) His previous positions include one as "Benefits Quardinator." I mean, seriously? Can someone with a Bachelors degree in "Political Science (pre-law)" really have held a position for "1 year 5 months" without knowing how to spell "Coordinator, " his own title?

Anyway, I'm very glad Google took me to this forum, it saved me a wasted trip to Pleasant Hill. However, I must say that I feel disgusted and angry at this scam. There is nothing in my resume to suggest I would be fit for selling anything at all, let alone becoming a commission-only insurance agent. So, thanks for the heads-up, guys.

• Nu
    NubianMarin Oct 07, 2019

I too received an email on Sunday, 10/6/19 from Taylor Paige. It stated that they found my resume online and included the same info as was sent to others on this post. I said I would be happy to take a call on Wed morning (one of the options) and promptly received a reply, this time from Paige ermis (but email still says [email protected]). It was to let me know that they only do in person interviews so I would need to come to Pleasant Hill (or San Jose if that was closer).

After finding this site and seeing all the comments about the Hart Group, I'm convinced it's a scam and I respectfully declined to meet with them. Thank you all for taking the time to report on this..I avoided wasting my time!

• Li
    LiPijet Oct 24, 2019

Thank goodness for this post. Looks like "Taylor Paige" moves around quite a bit.

• Co
    comnor2 Nov 13, 2019

hey!
    im un employed. :(

Meg Amor Dec 01, 2019

Aloha everyone. :) Thanks. Much appreciated. This was the one I got today.

Kimberly Brown
    To:

My name is Kimberly and I am reaching out on behalf of The Hart Group. My Hiring Director Allan was impressed by your background posted on Nexxt. With that being said - I would like to extend an invitation for you to come in and speak with Allan regarding the open positions we have within our Benefits Department and our Management Department. This will provide the opportunity for you to learn about our company and for us to learn more about you!

Below I have listed the available times Allan has for an interview:

Tuesday (12/3) at 9:45 am
    Wednesday (12/4) at 9:45 am
    Wednesday (12/4) at 12:15 pm

Please confirm with me which date/time provided works best for you and I will be happy to get you on our schedule!

Some insight on our company; We manage all permanent benefits for our members in the northern/central California region. We work directly with; Teachers, Firefighters, Police Officers, Nurses, and other union based organizations.

I have briefly outlined the responsibilities within each department we currently have open positions:

Benefit Representative Responsibilities include:
    o Help facilitate benefits through Union/Association members
    o Determine eligibility for new clients
    o Help and assist with application process
    o Open customer accounts
    o Conduct product and service reports by collecting and analyzing client information

Management & Leadership Responsibilities include:
    o Maintain team by selecting, orienting, and training employees
    o Maintain quality service by enforcing customer service standards
    o Analyze and resolve quality and customer service issues within team
    o Identify trends in-order to improve current systems
    o Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops

Tracy Office: 2140 W Grant Line Rd Tracy, CA 95377

I look forward to scheduling a time for you to come in and talk more in depth!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    Have a wonderful day!