The Dumprude & dishonest management + deceptive sale tactics

M

I spent almost 2 hours working out with sales person for my dining room furniture we liked. Decided to go ahead and place order for self pickup. Also made arrangement for truck for next day as it was bit late that evening and I was there in store for more than 3 hours with my 1-1/2month boy.  During all these process, sales person went back and forth to his manager 4 times but never told us that he is selling floor model at same price as new. He didn't even tell us also when he was charging my credit card. I happen to look at his computer screen and realize that its a floor model and I confronted him regarding the fact.

At that point he realized that I caught him selling me the floor model as brand new boxed item so he went back to his manager.After spending another 30 mins, he came back and told us that manager doesn't want to give any additional discount on this price as its already low price which you can find elsewhere.

I told him and his manager that I am not looking for floor model so forget about discount. At that point, manager told us that they didn't have new one for the particular item so take it or leave it. I was so furious that I have spent all this time and you have no honesty to disclose the fact that you have only floor model for this item even after you make transaction on my credit card neither you have listed it as "floor model" on that item, what a scam!! At that point manager asked us to leave the store as he knew that keeping me there will worsen the situation and might effect the sale as people around us listening to our conversation.

I have never seen this kind of rude, dishonest and deceptive tactics any where else so far.

I can never trust these people and for sure, I'll never walk in to that store location again ever.

• As
    Ashley Philly Jul 02, 2011

Terrible place. Never use them. Hidden fees- fraud.

MargaritaE. Jan 05, 2012

I went to the Dump to get a sectional for my living room with this promotional letter they had sent me saying no money down, no interest and no payments for 12 months, there was anywhere in the letter stating that it would all depend on someones credit score. I spent with the sales person about two hours after a long day at work supposedly their computers were down that day. Well I come back the next day to get my sectional, the computers were working fine the sales person prepares the paperwork and in no moment he is honest with me about not getting the no payments no interest for 12 months. I take the paperwork, and then my husband came to pick them up because that was our arrangement. Well 4 weeks came by and i receive a bill with interest and a payment due. I called the number on the bill and it was like a game from accounting to store to sales person. Well I decided to pay it with my credit card which had no interest for 1 year. Then I wrote the store manager a letter to state what had happened, how unhappy i was and how i felt that i was cheated and used. They decide to call me back and apologize for the so call miss understanding and offer to send me a gift card valued at $50 dollars which i never received. I do not recommend this place, they are dishonest, all they care is about making their commissions and quotes. I will never shop at this store ever again and won't recommend it to any friends nor family. Horrible experience I should have kept the business with my old furniture store.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices