Sunshine AcademyGet the Runaround re:Tuition Fee Refund

D

Registered son with Sunshine Summer program session I to start 6/25/2012. Paid via check on 4/1/2012. Canceled on May 24, 2012 (1month + from session start date) due to travel plans. Sharon Peng (head of Sunshine) stated only the tuition amount and not the registration fee would be refunded. I was okay with the penalty, since I agreed to this rule on their reg form. 1) Follow up Mid June on status on whereabouts of my refund check; 2) Follow up June 26 on refund check; 3) Follow up July 5 on refund ; 4) Follow up July 12 on refund; 5) Follow up on July 22 on refund check; 6) Follow up on July 24 - spoke with young lady who said their accountant was 'Out of the country until September' and that I would not see a refund check until mid-September and if this would be okay with me. I am not okay with this. I have requested a refund on May 24th, 2012. They will have held onto my cash (over $1200) for 4 months after the cancellation request. According to my bank statement check, it appears Sunshine Academy went ahead and deposited my check as the funds cleared on June 7. Note: the cancellation request was on May 24.2012.

• Ni
    NickyPc Dec 05, 2016

I registered my kids on 10/25/16. They processed my check on 11/7/16. I asked a refund on 11/8/16 due to something come up that I can't bring my kids to class. I e-mailed so many times. They finally replied by phone on 11/16/16 said that they will refund a check for me. However, today is 12/5/16, I still get nothing from them (no phone call, no e-mail and no check). I keep contact them, but nobody reply at all.

• Ni
    NickyPc Dec 05, 2016

Sunshine Academy, Centreville, VA
    5276 Jule Star Drive
    Centreville, Virginia
    Phone: [protected]
    sunshine-academy.org

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices