Studio Cards and GiftsUnfair charges

E

In Dec 2005, i bought a pair of trainers from Studio and traveled out of the country for three weeks. On my return i saw the bill and paid immediately thou it was late with a copy of my passport and ticket explaining why my payment was late. They took the cheque and i never heard from them till three months later saying that i owe them £60. I wrote and called severally trying to resolve the issue and eventually i was told the charges will be stopped pending when investigation was completed by Ms Aslterika. But to my surprise the charges kept increasing and my name to sent to their debt collector. I tried explaining to them but all they were concern about was payment which i refused to pay because if Studio had replied my letter there would have not been an accumulation of charges up to £112 which they want me to pay.

I received a report from experian stating i owe Studio £112. My record has now been spoilt by Studio and i can't get any credit facility. I will appreciate if you can assist me with this embarrassment caused by Studio.

Thank you.

• Ba
    Bazz o Dec 06, 2016

I Ordered a Nintendo WII when they came out, in time for Christmas, but mid December they told me they were out of stock until the end of January! As it was a Christmas present for my kids I had to cancel and order elsewhere. To my shock the following April I received a bill off them with charges, stating that it was delivered in December! They even sent me a proof of signature! So, I informed them of who I had spoken to, to cancel and that was that. Then in August they sent me a summons, so I sent them a copy of my receipt of where I had bought from (thankfully this particular supplier put serial numbers of electrical items of there invoices). Now, thanks to them I have a ccj for £200 and they don't get my £100pcm business. They are absolute [censor]

• Cr
    cross Jan 06, 2009

Oh, yes. Their "up to" charges of £20 are just that £20. They were closed for the xmas period when I tried to make my payment. So, they added my "up to" £20 charge as an extra gift. When I told them I was leaving their custom they offered me a £30 voucher to stay!!! They can do that because they charge obscene charges when you are simply a day late!!

• Mr
    Mrs Ann Miller Oct 27, 2007

I, too, received a parcel whilst out of the country for nearly four weeks. By the time I came home it was two days out of the payment time. One item was not the item I had ordered. I immediately rang the company, and returned the item the following day. I, too, offered copies of airline tickets etc. I have been "refunded" just half the value of the returned item, by voucher, which must be used within three months. I have been a good Studio customer for more than 20 - 25 years, with never a blot on my record. If this is how the company now treats good customers, I fear for their long-term future.