Stormy Point VillageCompany misrested their product

R Review updated:

May of 2013 we went to a presentation for summer winds resorts there was a misrepresentation of what we were offered and left details out during our signing of our contract. We have tried to contact them to cancel are contact and refund us the money they received from us. The sale rep's are very fast talker. And i'll believe they are feuding and customer that comes. Because we make the mistake to trust them. I 'm looking for other that would like to sue summer winds resorts / vpg partners vl, llc and get our money that we have given them, please email at [protected]@yahoo.com

DickBININYA Feb 15, 2010

Stormy Point Village is a bunch of lyers and cheats they will rot in hell for there sins, Stormy Point Village will tell you whatever you need to make the sale but after they wont ever return your call, stay away fro Stormy Point Village and Summerwinds or Festiva they are all the same

• Fe
    Festiva Rep Feb 17, 2010

I'm sorry you had a negative experience at Stormy Point but to clarify, Summerwinds and Festiva are in no way the same company nor are they currently affiliated with one another. Festiva previously had an affiliation with Summerwinds that ended several years ago.

Festiva currently does not have a front-line sales presence at Stormy Point and does not sell weeks there. The only Festiva sales representatives at Stormy Point are there to offer Festiva Adventure Club upgrades for existing Stormy Point owners who previously purchased from Festiva several years ago.

If you have a specific complaint about Festiva, then you can contact us at [email protected], but if you're interaction at Stormy Point was with Summerwinds, then you should contact them directly.

• Bo
    bodi168 Jun 01, 2010

Stormy Point Village burned me as well. Run as fast as you can. It's nearly impossible to book time, in fact we have yet to be successful. Floyd in customer relations has never called me back a single time. I have to chase someone down to get a question answered. Don't fall for the friends and family week b.s. you can only book those times 30 days out so if you plan to use stormy point any other time than winter you'll never get a stay booked as they will always be busy. They must be making a killing the sales manager owns a $500, 000 house boat on the lake. Good luck reaching that guy either. So far I regret every second of my purchase. Run as fast as you can.

• Ge
    Getab May 04, 2011

I have the same unhappy experience at Stormy point - robbed blind. I purchased time share for more than 6000 and still I am supposed to pay 400 USD every 2 years. I think we have to find a way to bring this to the eyes of a law!!! I am discussing with lawyers to see my options.

• Un
    Unhappy "owner" Feb 20, 2012

I have the same experience. Was told prices were $75 per day or $299 per week at this resort and have never been quoted that price. Was also told availability is excellent due to the constant building, also not true as we haven't been in the 3 years we have "owned" because its never available. Salesman Rod told us as long as you were willing to stay in a house other then the one you purchased, you wouldn't have to pay the maintenance fees. After receiving a bill for maintenance fees, I called and was told that wasn't the case and would have to pay the fees. If I own the house for one week every third year and maintenance fees are $400, how much money are they making on just maintenance fees. $400 a week is $20, 800 a year per house. I am also seeking legal action against Summer Winds. Any information a Class Action case would be appreciated.

norm 12 Nov 28, 2016

@Unhappy "owner" any results ?? thankyou

disgusted "owner" Mar 14, 2012

Same thing happened to us. We spent 7 hours with them asking very specifc questions over and over again because it did sound too good to be true. They blatently lied to our faces about several things, including the $299 vacations "anywhere in the world" and maintenance fees. We were told those were optional, which after purchasing, we discovered were not. Now we have been stuck with them for a year. We filed a complaint in Arkansas and now am filing one in Missouri. I would also like some good information on legal action to take against them.

• Ev
    Evelyn Hamilton Mar 14, 2012

We were so taken by them, I feel stupid, but we ask over and over again if it was true that no money would change hands because we had an other timeshare of equal value, so I paid to list my other timeshare, with the company he (Scott) said would sell it and after nine months of course it still is not sold, so now they want the remaining $8, 500.00. We don't have the money so they are getting lawyers to sue us. They also told us we could use our timeshare anywhere, anytime for $299.00 and a bunch more lies. I have never been taken so bad in my life and they should not be able to do this. So I too would like some good information on legal action If anyone is taking a class action suits we would join you. So mad

• Sm
    smpeel Mar 15, 2012

We were robbed by these people as well. Told we would be given two free weeks every other year but when our first year rolled around, we were given one week and told they have never sold anything with two week only one week. Floyd, the "manager" if you can really call him that told me I would have to provide proof of being told such a thing, made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on him. We purchased in July 2009, we have yet to be able to book anything for our family. With the 30 day only reservation rule you can't get in anywhere and there is an upcharge on everything which certainly was left out in our presentation. The only successful booking, (I'm using the word successful lightly) was for my daughter & son-in-law for their honeymoon. I couldn't book where they wanted naturally but they found an affiliated resort so we had to pay an additional $119 on our FREE week. They said the place was ok but nowhere as fabulous as they make everything seem. I have contacted them asking if I can get out of our contract and stated why. I am being given the run around by Tom Newman. He had to forward my request to the developers office in Branson. That's the only response I can get. My husband & I were completely ripped off and I have nothing but harsh feelings for this place. I would love to be included if anyone does a class action suit. This place is a big joke! Nothing but a bunch of liars!!

Marvin G Alford Apr 25, 2012

The "pressure" sales sure does put money in "their pocket", but when you need help to sell it, they give you names of "realitors that are NOT BBB certified and they have you "pay" up front with a promise to sell. Don't ever pay up front! You LOOSE AGAIN. I have cancer and desperately need to get rid of this payment for medical bills. It just can't be done! So sorry that this world has to be so dishonest to good people like this. Any lawsuits? I'll sign up to! MGA&MSA

• Go
    God Bless me and my famly Jun 11, 2012

My husband and I purchased a timeshare at Stormy Point Village in Branson Missouri. We were told by the salesman that if we didn't use the week then we would not be chared the maintenence fee. Well we got a bill for the maintenence fee and we did not pay it and then we started getting collections calls. Our salesperson was Rick Grame. He told us that we could sale the timeshare at anytime and make money off of it. Rick Grame said that he owns six timeshares and he rents his weeks out. Don lupner was the manger. I called Stormy Point on several occasions and they have never returned my calls. This company is a fraud and scam making millions of dollars every year. I hate that people would go this low to dig in hard working citizens wallets. There needs to be a lawsuit against timeshare companies. I also have a timeshare at Sunbay Resort in Hot Spirngs Arkansas. When I purchased it they told me the same thing and I could make money off of it. They said I could sell it and make money. I purchased Sunbay before Stormy Point. Anyway, I hate that I have spent money on these two companies. I am sure they are still selling timeshares and makeing a killing. I am trying to sell both hoping I don't have to file bankruptcy. I have them listed on Craigslist and I listed Stormy Point on Ebay. I saw others on Ebay to but for much lower for what they paid I am sure. God Bless the hard working citizens of the United States of America!!!

• Jr
    jrr1631* Jun 21, 2012

I agree this place is a scam they got us for 10, 000 to start with then said it would invalid unless we bouggt in for another 10, 000 some lying sorry people!!! I am staying at green mountain in a few weeks called to see if i could use the pool at stormy nope i can come on "their property" unless im staying there excuse me!!?? I guess im not a owner evem if i do have a titled on big scam if some comes up with a class action COUNT ME IN!!!

• Go
    God Bless me and my famly Aug 09, 2012

Count me in on the lawsuit. I am frustrated with Stormy Point Village!!! I want to sell my timeshares sooooo bad and get out of this headache. I hate it sooooo much!!! Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies is all this company is going to tell you. I am wishing and praying that a lawsuit is brought against Stormy Point Village and Sunbay Resort Hot Springs, Arkansas.

• Ro
    Roxann76 Sep 14, 2012

Well I too feel that my husband and I have been taken advantage of also. We got in a bind and could not make payments, contacted Floyd Elliott, and sure enough they don't exercise the right to sell through them, like they told us we could. we contacted the finance company and they worked with us to get caught up. Once again we have fallen behind can't seem to catch a break. So the contacted finance company today, after they have tried to get a hold of me for payment, and the guy laughed at me, when I told him I couldn't do anything until October the 5th, He proceeded to tell me they have paid Stormy in full, and we owe him over 7000. I said again I can not pay anything until October, he says well I will let you talk to supervisor. He put me on hold and hung up. I truly feel that the sales manager, and Floyd lied and now we will have this against our credit. But us on the lawsuit claims.

Sport145 Sep 28, 2012

I've noticed several posters asking if there is anything that can be done about this scam, because like you, my wife and I just recently made the terrible mistake of buying into the lies. After reading the comments here and other websites, particularly the BBB, I have decided there may be enough support to start a petition, and with enough signatures, send to our state representatives, the Mo. Atty Gen. Office, and last but not least, Mo. Govenor Jay Nixon (former Atty Gen.) The least we can do is try and get as many people to sign this petition and serve notice to Summerwinds Resort that we, as consumers, are not going to stand by and become their "Cash Cow and ATM machine". Here's what you
    need to do: Go to Change.org and type in Summerwinds Resort in the "find" space at the top of the page. That will take you to the Petition that I started yesterday. Click on "sign" and fill in the blanks. It only takes a few seconds and if you don't want your name or spouse or whomever displayed publicly, there's a place to click on that too. I've HAD IT with this company and according to the 100's of complaints and comments I've read over the past couple weeks that goes back YEARS, my wife and I have decided something MUST be done. You will see on the petition my name (Sport King) signed twice. That is for myself and my wife. When we have enough names, not sure how many but I'm going to find out from the Atty Gen office shortly what will get their attention, I will personally make sure it gets sent to the highest legal offices in the state including the FTC Bureau of Consumer Affairs. If you're serious about wanting to do something, or at least attempt, then sign the petition and get the word out through whatever means, social, word of mouth, text, websites on the internet, etc. I am just like the rest of you. I do not like being lied to, especially when it involves my hard earned money, and will not rest until something is done even if it involves lawyerin' up. Good luck to all of us...

• El
    elle777 Jun 20, 2017

@Sport145 I keep trying to sign the petition but i cant find it

Sport145 Oct 08, 2012

A Florida man was sentenced to 14 years in prison in a timeshare resale telemarketing scam that involved 54 victims in southern Illinois.

Brian Christopher Morris, 46, of Boynton Beach, Florida was sentenced to 14 years in prison, five years of supervised release, fined $1, 000 and ordered to pay a $100 special assessment fee.

Morris pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud in connection with telemarketing in February 2012.

The indictment alleged Morris and other were involved in a telemarketing scam in Florida that bilked more than 22, 000 victims of $30 million in all 50 states.

Morris was a manager of Universal Marketing Solutions and later Creative Vacation Solutions in Palm Beach County, Florida. The scheme began in October 2007 and continued through January 2010.

Telemarketers called timeshare owners and falsely represented that the company had actual buyers for the owners' timeshare properties. They solicited advance fees up to several thousand dollars and promised they would be refunded once closing on the property occurred. Despite collecting fees from 22, 000 victims, the indictment alleged the companies did not sell a single timeshare unit.

Several others have been charged and sentenced in the case.

• Ex
    exbransonlover Dec 17, 2012

My family and I were in Branson on a family vacation and decided to eat at the Big Chicken. As we were leaving we were propositioned by a very nice elderly lady who asked us if we would like a free night stay at a hotel. Little did I know that hotel stay has cost me ten thousand dollars. Since the purchase of the timeshare in November 2011 I have yet to stay at Stormy Point. I have called every thirty days since that time trying to book a two night stay and have been told that they have no availability. Today I received a bill for $292 for maintenance fees for a timeshare I have never stayed at. Their high pressure, lies, and sales techniques are despicable. They pray on innocent people on vacation, show them very nice cottages, and promise them things they do not ever intend to keep. They told me I would never have to stay in another hotel when I visited Branson, that I could use the amenities, including the pool, anytime I was in Branson, regardless if I was staying there or not. They now tell me they used to tell people that but they can no longer commit to it. I used to enjoy vacationing in Branson but now every time I go and check in to a hotel it makes me sick. Count me in on the lawsuit!!!

• Ms
    Ms. Calderon Dec 30, 2012

I have owned with stormy point for 4 years and have yet to be able to use my week. If you call to book and pay as a visitor they can get you right in but if you own all you are doing is being stuck paying owners fees and never getting to stay there. This is the worst buying experience of my life and they lied to us when we bought. They said it was not a "timeshare" and thus the problems that plagued others would not effect us. We would always be able to use our time and pretty much whenever we wanted. I am astounded these people can sleep at night. Some day they will pay for this fraud. I wish there was a way to sue them because I definately would. If a lawyer reads this and wants to do a class action suit I would be 100% on board. This place deserves to pay for their frauding of thousands of innocent people just looking to give their families a nice get away once a year. Shame on you stormy point village and owners!

• Tw
    twiles Dec 31, 2012

Totally agree with every thing I have read above. These people at Stormy Point are the biggest liars and cheats I have ever encountered.
    We bought from a guy, I think his name was Amir. He was European. He had sold alot of timeshares. The only time we were able to use it, the new salesman, Rod, told us that they had seven people trying to clean up Amir's mess. He also told us that the type of timeshare we were sold does not exist in the timeshare world, and that we needed to upgrade our's for an additional $8, 000. It is very difficult to get in. Every time we call we get different answers. These people are crooks of the first order. Never believe anything they say.
    One of the worst experiences of my life. We can never go there without being reminded of the hell it has caused.

• Sc
    schmoo Jan 21, 2013

We purchased recently but rescinded within 5 days after learning of the number and nature of complaints, and discovering these can be purchased on eBay for as little as $1. Our salesman was actually a nice guy. The closer was a sleazy creep.

d&hnellis Mar 16, 2013

My husband & I purchased in 2009 a 3 bedroom-1 week every other year. We were told that our weeks would be rolled over automatically if we did not use it in the two years, that our friends & family could use at our contract discount price & that we could bank many weeks; even months. We payed 15, 000.00 plus a maintenance fee every 2 years & payed it off quickly. We tried to book several times for a friend & could not get a reservation. We went in 2010 & paid for a week so that when we were broke we could use our free week however, when we called to use that free week that was suppose to roll over they said we lost it & that we was suppose to call in the first year by October to roll it over (they stated it would roll over automatically). We were extremely angry that we lost that week-we obviously would not of paid for the week if we could of gotten it for free. Then, on a visit up there they made us attend a meeting for quote owner update which we found out was a way to sell more stuff again -they offered free tickets & gas money if you stay & listen to another pitch with the sales guy Steven Mcguire. We talked with him & he said that he would upgrade us to a 4 bedroom for 5, 000.00 & that we would pay a maintenance fee which was higher than the one we were paying but if we stayed in the 2 or 3 bedroom that in 1-2 months the maintenance fee would automatically be sent back to us. So, we thought we will always use the 3 bedroom & get out of paying the maintenance fee & could use the 4 BR on occasion ( like in time it would pay for itself). When I called up to roll over my year & asked about my maintenance fee, I was told that you only get that back if you don't use your week at all & that you have to fill out paper work for that re-inbursement. Other than the friends & family, we have been able to book a vacation there however they have BOLD FACED LIED TO US ABOUT MANY, MANY THINGS. I was very angry when I found out that we were not getting that maintenance fee back- $600.00. I asked to speak with the supervisor & Floyd called me. We had paid our 5, 000.00 & maintenance fee off a month before & he accused us of being deliquent on our maintenance fee-how could it be deliquent if its paid in full? he acted like I was a liar & stated that he has never had a problem with Steve. When we were up there both times the salesperson & loan person both gave us the same lies about our benefits & refused to write in the agreements because we said that the contract was too vague, but we had trust in them that what they said was truth like dumb butts! Floyd told me that the co. had talked to my husband about rolling over that lost week before we had lost it. That was a lie & he said that all phone conversations were recorded & I said get it together because all your going to hear is complaints. My husband was never called! We wanted to see if anyone else had problems so that a class action suit could be filed & I am glad I found this web-site. We will be signing the petition at the web-site change.org by Sport King (Thank You & God Bless) Stormy point/Summer Winds are liars, cheats & money hungry-they need to make things right!
    Daniel & Holly Nellis

David L. Mears Apr 06, 2013

We purchased less than 30 day's ago and now I feel like a fool for not googling the complaints on Stormy Point. We can't get them to return our calls either and we can't reach our salesman Robert Cavar. This is Saturday 4/6/13, and I will be visiting an attorney Monday to see if I can get out of this since the contract is less than 30 day's old. I'm now going to "change.org" web site to see what they have on Stormy Point Resort.

norm 12 Nov 28, 2016

@David L. Mears any luck so far ? thankyou

David L. Mears Apr 11, 2013

I am looking for persons that have sat through a Stormy Point sales pitch in Branson, Mo.
    I will hire an attorney to sue both Stormy Point Village and the sales person. They blantantly commit civil and criminal fraud according to the MO AGO when and if they make false promises. We were unable to get a return call for over a week and we are unable to obtain a rental unit in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, or Denver, Colorado. The $299.00, unit for one week doesn't exist for all I can find. Please post information if you are willing to testify when I take them to court. I need a witness or else it would jusb be "he said, she said".

• Lo
    Lookin 4 justice Apr 11, 2013

To all who are not happy with Stormy Point lets do something about this, just go to www.change.org type in summerwinds resort and sign the petition and give this place what they deserve for lying to all of us and destroying our lives by taking our money and lying to us. these people need to be stop so lets all pull together and do this. I know I am going to hire a attorney as soon as possible.

• Ne
    Near miss Apr 18, 2013

THANKS, to all who posted their experiences with Stormy Point. I got suckered into signing for one of their time shares, was never given an opportunity to cover all questions I had from the vague contract (which does not state any of their promises about costs or charges in writing) and on Tuesday after the Saturday signing, I was able to stop payment on the check for the down payment given them, notify the bank to block any future attempt to withdraw the amount, forwarded a cancellation letter within the five day limitation given in Missouri to cancel, and sent all their color worthless literature back to them. You folks made it possible for me to avoid near disaster, as I researched this sight on the Monday following the signing. Has anyone contacted the State Attorney General office, State of Missouri, and filed complaints. They will act upon it and send legal letters to the parties pushing this monster, demanding a response and perhaps would be able to facilitate legal action against them. Thanks again for saving my hide.

• Ke
    Keith A. Tallent May 03, 2013

What Law Firm is handling the class action lawsuit? I would like to share my experience I have had in trying to contact Stormy Point to book a week with no success. I believe Stormy Point owes us an explanation. Keith A. Tallent, Dodge City, KS

• Bs
    bswope May 14, 2013

This purchase was the worst mistake my husband and I have made. I contacted the Atty General and filed a complaint. We received a letter from Stormy Point (Floyd Elliott) telling us they were switching us from the yellow season (which they never mentioned during their LIE PITCH) to the red season. So then we called just to check to see if anything else changed and Lo and
    behold the weekly rate of $299. for a 2 bedroom went up to $499. and the $399. for a 3 bedroom went up to $599. When we asked about the increase, they put us on hold, and when she came back she stated it was an across the board increase.The whole thing is absolutely a ripoff. My friends went this past weekend and they were offered the same thing we purchased. Supposedly someone traded theirs in for an upgrade so now this could be offered to them. And guess what $299. for a 2 bedroom and $399. for a 3 bedroom. So where did the across the board increase go. I just want out and they should be prosecuted for the scam they are promoting. They told us we could just quit paying and they would take it back. So in other words DEFAULT!!! My email address is [email protected] if anyone has any suggestions.

dishhome May 14, 2013

bswope,
    You should give your real name so we can listen to both side of the story.

• Ta
    tarthur71 Jul 28, 2013

Stormy Point owner, unfortunately. We have been able to pay to stay a few weekends since we've owned over the last couple of years, but never able to stay during our owned week. Imagine that, but I'm sure if we wanted to pay there would be availability. Lol. I'm going to the website suggested to sign the petition as well. I don't want to own another time share again!!! These people make me sick!!

Sport145 Jul 30, 2013

FTC is cracking down on timeshare scams

I just received this information from my timeshare resort, the Sheraton Buganvilias in PV. I think that is great and I wish all resorts would let their clients know about these scams. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/06/timesharerelease.shtm

Sport145 Jul 30, 2013

FTC is cracking down on timeshare scams

(Borrowed from another timeshare site.)

• 61
    618Josh Oct 22, 2013

In June of 2013 I attended a sales presentation for Summerwinds with my wife and inlaws. We too made the mistake of believing the lies told by the sales rep and bought into this nightmare. We all will testify about the deceptive practices of summerwinds. The way they do business is nothing short of fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB and received a call from Mrs. Cooper at summerwinds. She offered me a reduced contract for a reduced price, but I refused because of the lies about the program. I will now file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General and will agree to be a witness of this deception. If anyone can give any further advice I can be contacted via email at [email protected]

• Dn
    Dndd56 Oct 24, 2013

I just purchased today & was very apprehensive about their guarantee to sell my timeshare. They constantly assured me I have nothing to worry about; it was guaranteed to sell. I was so excited because I would be getting out from under my high maintenance fees & joining a resort that I had the option to never pay maintenance fees again. I guess what they say is true. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. I don't want to gamble with that much money. I can't afford to be stuck with 2 timeshares so I am canceling tomorrow. And my question to them that they never answered was, if they guarantee to sell your timeshare, then why does the contract say otherwise?

• Li
    Lisa32469 Jan 20, 2014

has anyone had any luck getting rid of this nightmare????

• Lb
    Lbilodeau2 Jan 27, 2014

My husband and I heard the same sales pitch tactics that have been shared above. Better vacation options than our current time share offered - No maintenance fee if you don't want to use the week - We should have no problem selling our other timeshares. Even gave us an asking price for them - Special discounts on flights - Additional Family Weeks at $299 - All of which I have not found to be true. We signed the petition at change.org. Hopefully something can be done to stop this fraudulent activity. We are looking for a way out too!

DISGUSTED AND BROKE Mar 04, 2014

Stormypoint village resorts LIED to me. promised to sell another timeshare I owned and then I would not owe anything, as a matter of fact, I would come out ahead.. that was 2 years ago! I not only got a letter telling me I owed $15, 000. but an additional $1, 500..
    was told if I didn't use the resort I would owe nothing. THAT TOO WAS A LIE! we should be able to bring a class suit against these.
    fraudulent acts against the public. I'm for it if enough of us come together. we should be able to do something about these CROOKS!

• Dd
    D/D Jun 20, 2014

In April of this year we upgraded to a 4 bedroom with many, many promises including that we could stay ANYWHERE for $50.00 per night as long as we stayed TWO nights...our first attempt to book we were practically laughed at. Seems so far that absolutely everything we were promised was a LIE. We feel very stupid that we did not look into this closer before we purchased. Our salesperson was Sandra Dee and she was just so delightful and fun we trusted her and everything she told us. We want to be part of any class action lawsuit that is filed. We want to warn anyone checking into Stormy Point to BE AWARE of their record...no matter how sweet and fun the salesperson might be. We have been able to stay at Stormy Point in Branson (and each time more than half of the dwellings were empty) but we were promised that we could use any resort in the interval international book...was not true.

• De
    debbydo Jul 02, 2014

We too have been lied to by Stormy point. Has anyone had any luck getting rid of their timeshare with stormy point?? We just want OUT!!! So any information to help us would be very appreciated... Tried talking to them at the stormy point office but that got us no where.. Just more lies.. We can't even get in to stay a couple nights but a friend that doesn't even own a timeshare with them can get a cottage for the same nights I tried to get one...we were told you couldn't stay there unless you own a timeshare..Every thing we were told have been lies... we know this was our mistake for trusting them but we would just like to get out of this timeshare...Thanks for any info...

• St
    Stanley W Haessig Jul 30, 2014

We purchased a timeshare from Stormy Point through Robert Cavar in September 2011...We were told that they would sell our timeshare at Palace View, a Spinnaker Resort in Branson for no less than so many dollars and that it would take less than 6 months to close the sale...someone would contact us shortly..even went back the second day to verify that it was guaranteed to sell for no less than stated sum and it would be done on an average of 6 months and that is the reason a credit card was issued with no finance charges for 6 months (to carry the loan until all was settled .sure enough we received a call from Ed Magee who is with VSI (another worthless operator) and he listed the property for $99..he wanted to know what we wanted for the property and I told him that he had already told us what would be the bottom line number...after a year or so I called him since the property was no longer listed and he told me that we had not renewed our listing after one year but out of the goodness of his heart he would continue to list for another $99 until it sold...to this day have never received any offer but have been told that Palace View has sold thousands of timeshares for much more than we were told we would be paid. Cavar stated that his parents used the $299 option and stayed a month in Florida every year for $1196 but when we call about anything it is closer to $800 per week...I agree that nobody will return calls as I have tried continuously to call Rusty Cory, Robert Cavar and Toby Pennington, all to no avail. we were told that the water park would be completed in 2012 but our son and family just came from there and nothing done...maintenance fees are a joke...was told that if you did not use the week then you could request the maintenance fee be returned...shortly after our purchase we received a bill for 1/3 payment of fees each year beginning in 2012...also was told that fees would only be collected once every three years which was somewhat true because what we ended up with was a triennial week but was told we could use it every year...I finally got to talk to someone other than the receptionist and voice mail one day and I told Floyd Elliott what I thought about his operation and his operators and he told me I should have read the fine print...My comment was if his company was straight forward then they should not have to live by the fine print and who would take time to read the entire BS they put out when you are on vacation with family and trying to relax from the circus at home and work!!! While attending the Iowa State Fair we saw a vendor representing Summer Winds Stormy Point Village trying to get people to come and visit...I explained to him the handling of his company and he was devastated...he told me to contact the owner of Stormy Point because he was an extremely honest and of the highest values man and would be very upset being told what was happening in his organization...I tried getting his name and address form Floyd Elliott and he told me to send my complaints to the Board of Directors and they would handle my concerns...evidently the board is no better than the people selling and overseeing the operation...maybe we should find out the owners name and ask to meet with him to air our concerns...I am sure he would not mind sharing some of his wealth with his owner partners who have been misled and lied to by his wonderful sales team...count us in on any legal actions taken as we have nothing more to lose...Thanks for listening to a sucker in Iowa

• 61
    618Steve Aug 05, 2014

This scam has been going on for a long time. My brother and I went to a sales meeting back in 2008. There was around a hundred other people in this meeting and we were being served champagne and other treats. The salespeople were very aggressive and agreeable to every question we asked. We were told this is absolutely guaranteed not a timeshare. This is a owned unit shared with a limited number of other owners and comes with a deed that has to be recorded with the owners names on it and submitted to the local recorder of deeds in that county just as you would your own home. We expressed interest in a three bedroom unit yearly. They said that would be $36000. We said there wasn't enough liquor in Branson for that. Then they said we have someone who wants to sell their 3 bed unit for $27000. Now they started to see we were ready to leave and get on with our vacation. Then comes the real sales pressure. Our salesman Chad calls the
    big boss over. You see they already had asked how we would finance our purchase and we said we would just pay for it that day with a check. They did not want us to leave. So now the big boss comes over with more drinks and a deal we could not pass up. We were told we would not have to give more than a one week notice when we wanted to come stay and be able to use it anytime of year. A new restaurant was being built that year in the shape of a Pirate ship and a private boat dock. All this for a cash price for a 3 bed unit of $14000. We bought that day and called 6 weeks later to let them know we wanted to come use our unit in a month and was told nothing was available for at least a year from now. Sound familiar. We have only used it once since we bought it. 618 Steve

C.Hoopster Aug 18, 2014

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and enlightening me. I tripped over this site while searching Google for Stormy Point Village (SPV) floor plans and Timeshare Resales, which I only knew existed thanks to advertisements seen during my Branson visits. I was surprised by the massive savings used SPV Timeshares offered, compared to buying new from the Resort. Now I know why. I, too, have sat through the initial sales presentation, along with a follow-up sales pitch, since I only purchased the "Explorer Package" (EP) at the first meeting. For those unfamiliar with this, it's a way to keep interested prospects on the line for possible future sales. When they see you're really interested and buying their lies, but you just won't quite commit and are poised to leave, they resort (slight play on words) to offering the EP, which gives you one week at SPV to be used before it expires in 2 years. You also, allegedly, get another week at one of 3 other destinations, including Myrtle Beach, but we couldn't afford the airfare to any of those. The EP is also supposed to lock you into the prices quoted that day, which was the first lie I detected. The so-called family weeks increased by $100 at the next meeting. The EP cost us about $1500. At the second meeting, the pressure was firm, with statements like, "We only have one or two Units left before we're sold out." And when we got up to leave, "Just as long as you understand, you can never come back to Stormy Point." As an ice breaker, he asked several questions about our stay, appearing to actually be interested. When we explained how the coffee barista was very rude and condescending, he must have been elsewhere mentally because he responded with, "So that was good. Good." In summary, we were told the same lies as the other folks here. I will sign the Petition, and I would be happy to testify on behalf of anyone with a suit against SPV. Our visit to SPV and second sales meeting was from August 2 to August 9, 2014, so quite recent, as of this post.