Stormy Point VillageCompany misrested their product

R Review updated:

May of 2013 we went to a presentation for summer winds resorts there was a misrepresentation of what we were offered and left details out during our signing of our contract. We have tried to contact them to cancel are contact and refund us the money they received from us. The sale rep's are very fast talker. And i'll believe they are feuding and customer that comes. Because we make the mistake to trust them. I 'm looking for other that would like to sue summer winds resorts / vpg partners vl, llc and get our money that we have given them, please email at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ad
    ADS4090 Dec 25, 2019

We also have had the same issues with Stormy Point. We have been lied to numerous times from the beginning. They thought giving us a free week stay at Stormy Point would make everything better. Now that Capital Vacations has taken over Stormy Point they had us go to a meeting to discuss changes in ownership, but what they wanted was for us to pay them $13, 000 more (switch to points) for a timeshare we already paid for with Summer Winds and then on top of that they want $1300 maintenance fees every year. No thanks! If we don't switch we pretty much lose all the benefits we had previously with Summer Winds ( family weeks, hot weeks, etc) since Summer Winds is no longer the owner. So Capital Vacations basically told us the only choice we have if we stay with our current situation (Summer Winds contract) we only have the choice of staying at Stormy Point and no where else and that's if we can even get into Stormy Point since Capital Vacations took over and has so many owners. How do we get out of this mess?

• Go
    Godidit Jul 03, 2019

Would love to go in with class action law suit. Stormy Point is very hard to book. Get the run around each time we call. Also, more fees than anticipated. It is a nice place, just the way it is presented and what one actually gets.

Dena Nason Nov 24, 2020

@Godidit I would love to get in on that as well.

• Pa
    pat62 Nov 17, 2018

Haas anyone had any luck getting rid of their timeshare thru Resort Release or another company? We purchased a timeshare from Stormy point in 2017 and would like to get rid of it.
    The Special Assessment fee is terrible.

• Ac
    ACGunLake Mar 17, 2019

@JCFrakes Are you having any luck filing a class action law suit? We also were lied to and deceived. We are at their mercy when it comes to paying maintenance and annual fees. These costs have become enormous. We would help in anyway we can with the lawsuit.

• Jc
    JCFrakes Nov 19, 2018

@pat62 NOPE, I am trying to get together a group for a class action law suit against SPV. anybody can e-amil me at [email protected] ...

Madeline C Justice Sep 30, 2018

All employees that sell time shares are crooks. Never believe anything they say. Everyone that goes to a sales pitch should RECORD everything that's said because they lie. Never let them give you a paper they
    call a work sheet, its no good. Bank of America must be in on scam because they will tell you no interest for
    period of time but they don't tell you its not for people that already have a credit card through Interval World.
    Stopped using their card several years ago because of lies. The Government should close every business that
    has anything to do with time shares. They come up with new ideas every year but make it sound that you can
    get return on your money but nothing they say is true. Capitol Resorts are total crooks. Going to stand outside
    their sales office and tell everyone that goes in to record complete session. Capitol Resorts is worse than
    Stormy Point for lies.
    Madeline C Justice

Jeff Paulk Aug 25, 2018

Forget about contacting the Missouri Attorney General for any issues with Stormy Point. I have done this several times. The issue I was having at that time was having been lied to about banking a week. Of course the Stormy Point Rep lied in his letter to the AG. The law must be as crooked as these shysters are. I will say that the cottages are nice and we were just there a couple of weeks ago after not having been there for a couple of years. We are annual owners. The place is nice and the people I have dealt with on site are friendly. The timeshare business is a shady, underhanded business. They are always trying to squeeze more money out of you.

Jeff Paulk Aug 25, 2018

Just got a notice for a Special Assessment fee of $660 for Summer Winds at Stormy Point in Branson. I called to find out what this is all about because I already paid my maintenance fee for the year. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and nobody said anything. This is being assessed to all the owners for the building of a maintenance building on site. They aren't making enough money to handle this? They are selling x number of cottages 52 times, plus hitting each owner for an annual maintenance fee of $600. We had to pay $5, 000 a few years ago to get out of Festiva and roll our timeshare over to Summer Winds due to thievery taking place with Festiva. Now they are bending us over the barrel again and screwing our guts out. I checked the contract and if any "Assessment" or "Maintenance" fee is not paid, they have Power of Attorney to file a quit claim deed and take the timeshare back. I have $28, 000 in this, and most people have $40, 000 in it, so I'm not losing that for $660, but the rotten, stinking. lying [censored] will wait until the last minute before I pay it. I wish that I could unload this timeshare and be done with it. It is a high pressure, shyster business and I am thankful that I don't have to tell my family that I sell timeshares for a living. That is waaaaaay below used car salesmen. Used car salesmen are princes compared to these squirrely [censored]. They are bringing in over $6, 240, 000 per year in maintenance fees, yet they can't finance a building with these funds? Yes, property taxes, insurance, and salaries come out of this, but there should not be a need to gouge the owners for an additional $660.

• Md
    Mdethardt Dec 01, 2018

@Jeff Paulk We too were blindsided by the special assessment when we received the 2nd notice dated Aug 20, and not due until Jan 2019. Then at the end of Sept I received the explanation...replacement of aged furniture, larger appliances, interior and exterior renovations and I guess the new Service Facility even though the letter does not specifically say that. I read all the various contracts to see what they say about special assessments and found nothing. Does your contract address this? I would think that "special" means just that...something that could not be perceived or expected and accounted for in our regular assessment. Did they think that furniture and appliances would never wear out? Why wouldn't this be repair and maintenance? What about the renovations...shouldn't this be in property operations? Maybe our board should take a closer look at the expense part of budget! I find it odd that the boards felt they had to admonish the Management team to operate within their budget. We too are not happy with timeshare and we've had it since 2008. The Summer Winds properties seem to be diminishing too. Not happy about that either!

Annie Dethardt

• Bj
    B&JJones Apr 12, 2018

For personal reasons, we need to deed back our ROARK timeshare as there is no way to sell or rent it out. From what we were told ROARK Branson is now owned by Summer Winds, is that true? Has anyone had anyone had success in booking and staying in Apr-May 2016 or 2017 ROARK Branson? Have Did they complete renovations of 1st level units open again since the flooding in Apr-May 2016, 2017 or has it been stalled due to the bankruptcy? Thanks to any one who can share details.

Deborah53 Jan 08, 2018

I purchased mine in 2009. I have used it once. Mine is an every 3rd year. I tried to use it once and was told it was not available for booking. I banked it once and used it at another resort but had to pay. The other time I was told there was nothing available except for in January. I was told i didn't have to pay maintenance fees every year - I do. Mine is for 8 but found out that I cannot trade it anywhere for a place that sleeps 8. Was told I had weeks I could book for friends and family - so far they have never had an opening. This was a waste of money. I feel like every time I talk to them that it is a run around - IF you can get them to answer. I have never been able to get on their website either.

• Sm
    smrtalx Jul 14, 2017

It sounds like everyone here had a shady salesperson. I have owned with French Quarter for10 years and with Stormy Point for 6. Although I am an every 3 year owner I go several times a year, taking advantage of the bonus time. Last year I even got a bigger unit, with a small upgrade fee to take friends at Stormy Point. Yes, I did have to do the 30 day thing but we were flexible on our time, so it worked out fine.The only thing that I see that also happened to me, was the use of the resort, when you don't stay there. They used to do that, but have since stopped for crowding issues at the pool and restaurants. I'm so sorry you have had bad experiences. I would share the name of the salesperson and mangers with each other. I have a feeling you have all had the same one and the corporation needs to know the lies that person is telling.

• Su
    Susan Staffa Newman Nov 02, 2017

@smrtalx Thank you for posting something positive about Stormy Point...I just purchased as an every 3 year owner also and I'm looking forward to returning to Branson for a week at Stormy Point. There isn't a timeshare out there that doesn't have negative reviews so I always take it into consideration that there are going to be some complaints. Hopefully my experiences with Stormy Point will be positive ones.

• Ba
    Barb1943 Mar 21, 2017

We purchased at Stormy Point. We can not even book a place to stay with them. We used Interval, and it wasn't any better. All they want you to do is keep paying money and not be able to use the resort. We had booked at Gatlinburg for June 1917 foe our 50th wedding anniverary. The motel burned during the wildfire, now we can't stay, and they don't want to do anything about it. They want us to pay more money instead. Do believe Stormy Point is a fraud. They prey on older people to get their money, then won't produce their goods. Maybe we all need to get together with a lawyer and do a class action suit. We need to get serious about this. There is no sense in all that happens with these resorts!!! I wouldn't stay with them or any of their resorts, motels, etc not at all because I cannot trust them. Barbara & Fred Middleton

• Ca
    Cathy Blehm Feb 23, 2017

I worked at the front desk at the resort in Branson for 2 years. We were told by our manager that it was an instant fire if they heard you telling the potential buyers any true information about the lies that were being told by the sales people

• Lu
    Luther Marston Dec 17, 2015

Has anyone been able to resolve the stormy point issues. I really need to get out of this situation.

• To
    Tom Dryburgh Dec 06, 2015

We were also given a sales pitch & bought @ summer winds witch now we know was a scam, We have contacted the Mo. attorney generals office but got very little help from them, I do not understand how the City of Branson, Mo. can let this go on we have not gone back to Branson, Mo.since 2013 & have talked several people out of going & will continue to do so @ every oppertuneity.I would be open to a class action suit if any is in the makeing

• Au
    Aunt Ness Nov 27, 2015

Does anybody ever get to stay at Stormy Point if they're an "owner"? We stayed there once because we went into the sales office and loudly asked why if we owned property we were staying in a motel. We were quickly found a cottage that just became available. How convenient. If they weren't renting nightly to anyone who wants to pay to stay, they could accommodate owners. We were told all the same lies. I think the only thing I own is a maintenance fee which goes up every year even though we were told it would never increase.

• Ta
    Tammy Oliver Sep 29, 2015

My husband and myself were lied to as well. Everything I'm reading is exactly the same script that was promised to us. However, no of it is true. I have been trying for 2 years to make a reservation at stormy point village and they are always "full". They also state that they cannot see beyond 30 days, so you have to keep calling non stop. I have made hundreds of calls and NEVER get any help or a reservation. This was a complete scam. We need to get together and sue this company. I am in, if anyone else is ready I'll jump on board anytime. I'm fed up.

Joan Thorne Aug 03, 2015

We made the mistake of purchasing a time share with Stormy Point and then made another after all our questions were answered and reassured that we could sell anytime. (lie) They would refer us to a real estate firm that handled their sales.. (lie) Also when we upgraded in September to Admiral nothing was said that in the previous June 2014 all the four bedrooms were already booked so we would not even be able to utilize the upgrade until a year later which we needed to get our name in for next year by June 2015. (lie) What kind of operation is this that continually sells without contacting the bookings agents for confirmation of availability? (liars) Anything to get the sale! Misrepresented services and a pack of wolves are the Salemen at Stormy Point. So now we have paid over 500 a month for 17 percent interest and also our yearly hov fee of 500.00 We are refinancing to a better rate 5% which is still very high for what you get..one week? We could have purchased a real home or cabin for the same amount and owned it free and clear only taxes and upkeep. This company is a joke and a disgrace to Branson MO!

• Ha
    Happy Stormy Owner Jun 26, 2015

I am an owner at Stormy Point. Purchased every other year option. I use it every other year. No problems. The timeshare is paid for. All I do now is pay my maintenance fee every other year. Sounds like a lot of people were not told the correct information or the sales person did not understand what was he/she was selling. The entire thing has been exactly what I was told it was and I have been happy with it. I would like to see them update the furnishings, however. I bought when they were just building and the interiors have never been changed. I own a timeshare with Marriott, too, and they change the interiors every time I go! I hope Stormy Point stops building new cabins and spends some money on the decor.

Mandy Coulter May 21, 2015

My husband and I had the same experience. We were told that we got unlimited stays after 2014 and would not have a maintenance fee unless we stayed before 2015. We paid the maintenance fee Jan 2015. I called to book a weekend and found out that we only get one week every 3 years. We were also given the same spill as the rest of you about trading weeks and getting deals. They misrepresented the contract in order to make a sale. We make the payment every month for something we have yet been able to use. We were basically told me signed the contract and there is nothing we can do.

• Mr
    Mr. Carrier Apr 13, 2015

I found this site just a bit to late but just in time... I "won" a discounted trip to Stormy Point through a local boat and rv show drawing. At first the discounted price for 3day2night was 139.00 with a pair of show tickets and breakfast every moring. From the start I informed my rep. John Fancer [protected]/4351 that we where not interested in buying into anything, that we work hard for a living and it isnt financially profitable for us to do Time Share. But because I was insistant that i do not spend money on things like this without consulting my husband they would drop the price to 110.00 and add on a second stay for us at any Sheridan or Radison property in the USA within the next 18 months if I paid the total amount today by credit card and when make my reservations on a monday, tuesday or wednesday it would be extended to a 4day3night stay for the one all inclusive price, the second part of the deal is that we can 'invite' another couple to accompany us and they get the same deal to just call Debra [protected]. That these discounted deals are how they promote their place (word of mouth), not with mass media. They mentioned that there would be a 90min property tour to show us all the amenities and that would be the only time they would inconvenience us the rest was a vacation time since this is a ~vacation resort~ not a time share proerty..
    I am so glad I found this site. We were not going to buy any "Time Share", just going for a little discounted get away and get back home to work (depending on the detail package I receive may be trying to get my 110.00 refunded)
    If anyone has had problems with the promotional stay please email me Mr. Carrier -- [email protected]

• Pa
    patricia wade jennings Apr 06, 2015

place is rip off we just bought ones of these signed up maintence fee not due until 2017 may now I see u cant use it until that date nothing but complaint's about this company we were suckered into it wet have 5 days to with draw husband drove down there today with notarized papers and we will send certified mail.we don't like how they did people dirty we went there on easter sunday 4//15

• K0
    k0hx Mar 28, 2015

In July, 2013 my husband and I purchased a "VIP" ownership package to Stormy Point. We couldn't use our first week until after January, 2014, because the previous owner, who was upgrading from a 2 to 3 bedroom, had already used that year, which I am not sure why, because we were signing a "new" purchase agreement. We were told that we could go anywhere, anytime and our first exchange was just $79. Well, neither is true - we tried to book a week in December, 2014 and were told that we couldn't because no one was booked into our condo in Branson at that time - give me a break...no one is in Branson between Thanksgiving and Christmas for the light displays and Christmas shows!!! So then I tried to book a week in April and was told that I needed to book at least 6 months prior to and be put into some kind of "bank" and if what I wanted became available then I could book it, they came back and said they could get me the resort that I had indicated, but it was going to cost me $789 and not $79. What if you are sitting there for 6 months or more expecting to go to a certain place and then because no one is renting your share or the place you are going is not available - there goes that vacation - you are back fending for yourself anyway. Also, not only do we pay our yearly maintenance fee, which is now over $500 we also HAVE to belong to IntervalWorld, which initially, we were told that we didn't have to belong to them, we could just book thru Summer Winds. They are a scam in of themselves...our initial membership was paid by Summer Winds and then after I found out that we HAD to belong, I was sent an UPGRADE offer for a gold membership, so I fell for that one too, only they didn't "upgrade" my original membership, they gave me a new one, so I was paying for two...called and complained about that and was basically told tough luck...What does "upgrade" mean to anyone else??????? We told Andre in our initial meeting that we were not interested in coming to Branson, that we wanted the Texas coast...so he pull up a whole list of places available and again we asked that we could go there any time and of course he said we could. Many places that we were interested in were on that list...well, they are not there now! If we asked once, we asked 20 times...anyplace/anytime and the answer was always yes. Since we were spending 4 nights at their expense, we said we would like to take the evening and talk it over and would get back to them the next day, well, you couldn't do that, you had to make a decision right then and there. That is when they offered us this VIP membership at a much reduced price - right!!! This fiasco cost us $25, 384- plus two years of maintenance fees. The trouble with a class action is that you never get 100% of your money back...we can't afford to let this go back for 10%. I will at this point try to pursue it on my own, if that doesn't work, we will have no other choice but to go with a class action. If I remember correctly, I think we signed something saying we wouldn't/couldn't sue..I am still looking for that piece - should have been a clue!!!

• Bo
    Bob Studebaker Mar 21, 2015

If you have been decieved or treated unfairly by Stormy Point/Summer Winds Resorts, contact me by emailing a short description of your complaint, name & phone number to [email protected] Bob Studebaker [protected]

• Sh
    shove it SPV Mar 20, 2015

They have screwed up our maintenance fee two years in a row now. Last year, they lost the check. Then after I stopped payment and paid by phone, they sent me a letter, and the check, saying they found it under a stack of papers on a desk, TWO MONTHS after I sent it. Now, this year I paid it in January, got a late fee notice in February, called them with the cancelled check in my hand, and was told they credited it to the wrong account. Besides this, I overpaid by $30. They sent me a refund, minus the $30, and I sent the fee to another location as directed. Now, I get another late fee notice, and have the cancelled check for the 2nd payment.
    Also, Fraud was committed by the Festiva owner and supposedly he is going to prison. We had to pay another $6, 000 last year to upgrade to Summer Winds to protect our investment since the old agreement was null and void due to the fraudulent owner lying. We were told that should we decide to sell, they would assist us in that because they do resale of owner units. LIE, LIE, LIE. And do NOT ever use one of those online "timeshare resale" outfits. They are complete ripoffs, crooks, thieves, and liars. It seems the only way out of a timeshare is to donate it and use that as a tax write off.

• Rt
    RTCooper Feb 11, 2015

We purchased a timeshare at Stormy Point and are experiencing the EXACT SAME as all of the other people have in their valid complaints and concerns above.
    There needs to be someone out there that can help us people that are stuck in this disappointing scam, lies, etc.
    We tried to go to the website "change" to sign the petition, and it was closed and not available.
    Does anyone have any help or advice?
    we do not get calls back either, no chances to stay there at the rates that we were promised. Can never speak to anyone.
    Having to pay maintenance fees when we don't even use it or can use it.

• Bd
    BDJosey Jan 29, 2015

On August 1, 2014 we sat through a 6 hour sales pitch that was only suppose to be 90 minutes.
    We were lead to believe we would be able to use our "time share" at any of the resorts at anytime and the only time we would have to pay a maintenance fee at Stormy Point was when we used it. If we go to any of the other resorts that they had listed in there book there would be no charge for the first week we stayed.
    The middle of August I started calling to see about reserving a week in Lead, South Dakota for August 2015, I could not get a straight answer from anyone. Then finely was told we have to wait 30 days before our "time Share" comes into affect. So in Sept after they took out our first payment that is when they told us "you can only get a week at a resort if someone does not use their week and that people hardly ever give up their week, but we can be put on a waiting list." We cannot plan a vacation by being put on a waiting list.
    We are very dissatisfied with this company and there services, feeling mislead into purchasing a worthless "time share".

jenny Mckee Jan 14, 2015

Hi. My advise is. Document everything, When you called talked to who and what was said. Record your conversations. Or if you are talking face to face have them write down everything they promise have the sales person sign and the manager. Then have it notarized. I have a friend who owns a week any time he want unlimited weeks. not true. i have been there several times. Always had a hard time booking the weeks we wanted. had to take one of their week they supposedly have openings. I had seen a lot they keep trying to get me to go threw a presentation. Seance i am a guest of my friends time share they look down on us. Because i wont buy.

• Na
    Nancy Chafin Dec 27, 2014

Blue Green does nothing but lie. Don't buy from this company. I am a Gold member and trying my best to get rid of it so my children are not bound by this money sucking company. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

• Ju
    Judy Smittle Dec 26, 2014

We purchased a package at Stormy Point a few years back, I had the money so I paid the $8000. Now the maintenance fees are $264.50 per year. We have never stayed. We were told we could trade the odd year week for the maintenance fee and only pay on the even years. So far, I have paid every year, last year I had to pay late so it cost over $600. I asked if I could sell back to them and was told I could sign it back to them but they don't buy back, I cannot afford to give them the $8000 investment money. I may have to just so I can get out of this mess. I wish I had known then what I know now. If I can still sigh the petition I will gladly do so.

• Br
    Brian McCallum Nov 05, 2014

We too were suckered in by Ivan Robert Cavar.in June of 2013. We met with Mr Ivan Robert Cavar, nice fellow very personable. He gave us the grandiose presentation, showing us properties and weekly rental amounts we could receive through the Summer Winds Vacation Club. He explained that it was not a time share per say, He stated it was a Vacation Club. He when on in his presentation to explain and guaranteed could even book into Big Cedar through them Summer Winds as they had more pull with Big Cedar than we did as owners. He stated Big Cedar sold them blocks of time all year long. We were impressed with the whole concept and the promise of getting out from under our current time share. We were happy at first with what we purchased until we tried several times to access the rental properties we were told we could. To no avail these or none existed at any of the prices quoted by Ivan Robert Cavar. Again, we too purchased on the lie that we too would have our existing Time Share would be sold by ED Magee. While we were sitting at Summer Winds with Mr. Ivan Robert Cavar, Rob called Mr. Magee the sales broker on the telephone and had him talk to me again he too guaranteed a quick sale of our other time share, 6 months tops. This too we have since found out was another lie by both Ivan Robert Cavar and Ed Magee, over promise and under deliver. When we went into sign all the papers we were asked if this would in fact impose a financial burden on us. We explained that we could manage for the 6 months until our Existing Time Share Sold. Both Mr. Magee and Mr. Cavar said that we had prime property at Big Cedar and that Big Cedar would buy it back themselves to resell as they had a waiting list for our type of deed. Another Lie.. We have since talked to Big Cedar/Blue Green Properties and they assured us at no point in time do they now or have they ever assigned block lots to Summer Winds nor at any time do they purchase deeds from Brokers such as Ed Magee.
    We had occasion to attended an owner upgrade meeting this past June, 2014. At which point Summer Winds themselves contradicted everything Ivan Robert Cavar had told us. Additionally we were monitored as if we were criminals. We never were left alone at any time for fear we would tell others to run or go over to confront Ivan Robert Carvar. Very large gentlemen even escorted to the rest room on 2 separate occasions.

The whole thing is a scam and we will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General of Missouri and the with US Federal Justice Department. We to will contact Summer Winds and explain or situation and ask for for all monies paid to Summer Winds and their financing company as well as any and all interest.

Magdelyn Aug 18, 2014

I am so glad I found this site. My husband and I are in Branson, MO now and went to a presentation yesterday. We already own a timeshare and thought they were giving us a good deal so decided to sell ours and purchase theirs. A 3 bedroom at Stormy Point. We are cancelling our contract tomorrow. Everything I have read in the posts they said to us. Saved by the bell. Thank you

C.Hoopster Aug 18, 2014

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and enlightening me. I tripped over this site while searching Google for Stormy Point Village (SPV) floor plans and Timeshare Resales, which I only knew existed thanks to advertisements seen during my Branson visits. I was surprised by the massive savings used SPV Timeshares offered, compared to buying new from the Resort. Now I know why. I, too, have sat through the initial sales presentation, along with a follow-up sales pitch, since I only purchased the "Explorer Package" (EP) at the first meeting. For those unfamiliar with this, it's a way to keep interested prospects on the line for possible future sales. When they see you're really interested and buying their lies, but you just won't quite commit and are poised to leave, they resort (slight play on words) to offering the EP, which gives you one week at SPV to be used before it expires in 2 years. You also, allegedly, get another week at one of 3 other destinations, including Myrtle Beach, but we couldn't afford the airfare to any of those. The EP is also supposed to lock you into the prices quoted that day, which was the first lie I detected. The so-called family weeks increased by $100 at the next meeting. The EP cost us about $1500. At the second meeting, the pressure was firm, with statements like, "We only have one or two Units left before we're sold out." And when we got up to leave, "Just as long as you understand, you can never come back to Stormy Point." As an ice breaker, he asked several questions about our stay, appearing to actually be interested. When we explained how the coffee barista was very rude and condescending, he must have been elsewhere mentally because he responded with, "So that was good. Good." In summary, we were told the same lies as the other folks here. I will sign the Petition, and I would be happy to testify on behalf of anyone with a suit against SPV. Our visit to SPV and second sales meeting was from August 2 to August 9, 2014, so quite recent, as of this post.

• 61
    618Steve Aug 05, 2014

This scam has been going on for a long time. My brother and I went to a sales meeting back in 2008. There was around a hundred other people in this meeting and we were being served champagne and other treats. The salespeople were very aggressive and agreeable to every question we asked. We were told this is absolutely guaranteed not a timeshare. This is a owned unit shared with a limited number of other owners and comes with a deed that has to be recorded with the owners names on it and submitted to the local recorder of deeds in that county just as you would your own home. We expressed interest in a three bedroom unit yearly. They said that would be $36000. We said there wasn't enough liquor in Branson for that. Then they said we have someone who wants to sell their 3 bed unit for $27000. Now they started to see we were ready to leave and get on with our vacation. Then comes the real sales pressure. Our salesman Chad calls the
    big boss over. You see they already had asked how we would finance our purchase and we said we would just pay for it that day with a check. They did not want us to leave. So now the big boss comes over with more drinks and a deal we could not pass up. We were told we would not have to give more than a one week notice when we wanted to come stay and be able to use it anytime of year. A new restaurant was being built that year in the shape of a Pirate ship and a private boat dock. All this for a cash price for a 3 bed unit of $14000. We bought that day and called 6 weeks later to let them know we wanted to come use our unit in a month and was told nothing was available for at least a year from now. Sound familiar. We have only used it once since we bought it. 618 Steve

• St
    Stanley W Haessig Jul 30, 2014

We purchased a timeshare from Stormy Point through Robert Cavar in September 2011...We were told that they would sell our timeshare at Palace View, a Spinnaker Resort in Branson for no less than so many dollars and that it would take less than 6 months to close the sale...someone would contact us shortly..even went back the second day to verify that it was guaranteed to sell for no less than stated sum and it would be done on an average of 6 months and that is the reason a credit card was issued with no finance charges for 6 months (to carry the loan until all was settled .sure enough we received a call from Ed Magee who is with VSI (another worthless operator) and he listed the property for $99..he wanted to know what we wanted for the property and I told him that he had already told us what would be the bottom line number...after a year or so I called him since the property was no longer listed and he told me that we had not renewed our listing after one year but out of the goodness of his heart he would continue to list for another $99 until it sold...to this day have never received any offer but have been told that Palace View has sold thousands of timeshares for much more than we were told we would be paid. Cavar stated that his parents used the $299 option and stayed a month in Florida every year for $1196 but when we call about anything it is closer to $800 per week...I agree that nobody will return calls as I have tried continuously to call Rusty Cory, Robert Cavar and Toby Pennington, all to no avail. we were told that the water park would be completed in 2012 but our son and family just came from there and nothing done...maintenance fees are a joke...was told that if you did not use the week then you could request the maintenance fee be returned...shortly after our purchase we received a bill for 1/3 payment of fees each year beginning in 2012...also was told that fees would only be collected once every three years which was somewhat true because what we ended up with was a triennial week but was told we could use it every year...I finally got to talk to someone other than the receptionist and voice mail one day and I told Floyd Elliott what I thought about his operation and his operators and he told me I should have read the fine print...My comment was if his company was straight forward then they should not have to live by the fine print and who would take time to read the entire BS they put out when you are on vacation with family and trying to relax from the circus at home and work!!! While attending the Iowa State Fair we saw a vendor representing Summer Winds Stormy Point Village trying to get people to come and visit...I explained to him the handling of his company and he was devastated...he told me to contact the owner of Stormy Point because he was an extremely honest and of the highest values man and would be very upset being told what was happening in his organization...I tried getting his name and address form Floyd Elliott and he told me to send my complaints to the Board of Directors and they would handle my concerns...evidently the board is no better than the people selling and overseeing the operation...maybe we should find out the owners name and ask to meet with him to air our concerns...I am sure he would not mind sharing some of his wealth with his owner partners who have been misled and lied to by his wonderful sales team...count us in on any legal actions taken as we have nothing more to lose...Thanks for listening to a sucker in Iowa

debbydo Jul 02, 2014

We too have been lied to by Stormy point. Has anyone had any luck getting rid of their timeshare with stormy point?? We just want OUT!!! So any information to help us would be very appreciated... Tried talking to them at the stormy point office but that got us no where.. Just more lies.. We can't even get in to stay a couple nights but a friend that doesn't even own a timeshare with them can get a cottage for the same nights I tried to get one...we were told you couldn't stay there unless you own a timeshare..Every thing we were told have been lies... we know this was our mistake for trusting them but we would just like to get out of this timeshare...Thanks for any info...

• Dd
    D/D Jun 20, 2014

In April of this year we upgraded to a 4 bedroom with many, many promises including that we could stay ANYWHERE for $50.00 per night as long as we stayed TWO nights...our first attempt to book we were practically laughed at. Seems so far that absolutely everything we were promised was a LIE. We feel very stupid that we did not look into this closer before we purchased. Our salesperson was Sandra Dee and she was just so delightful and fun we trusted her and everything she told us. We want to be part of any class action lawsuit that is filed. We want to warn anyone checking into Stormy Point to BE AWARE of their record...no matter how sweet and fun the salesperson might be. We have been able to stay at Stormy Point in Branson (and each time more than half of the dwellings were empty) but we were promised that we could use any resort in the interval international book...was not true.

• Di
    DISGUSTED AND BROKE Mar 04, 2014

Stormypoint village resorts LIED to me. promised to sell another timeshare I owned and then I would not owe anything, as a matter of fact, I would come out ahead.. that was 2 years ago! I not only got a letter telling me I owed $15, 000. but an additional $1, 500..
    was told if I didn't use the resort I would owe nothing. THAT TOO WAS A LIE! we should be able to bring a class suit against these.
    fraudulent acts against the public. I'm for it if enough of us come together. we should be able to do something about these CROOKS!

• Lb
    Lbilodeau2 Jan 27, 2014

My husband and I heard the same sales pitch tactics that have been shared above. Better vacation options than our current time share offered - No maintenance fee if you don't want to use the week - We should have no problem selling our other timeshares. Even gave us an asking price for them - Special discounts on flights - Additional Family Weeks at $299 - All of which I have not found to be true. We signed the petition at change.org. Hopefully something can be done to stop this fraudulent activity. We are looking for a way out too!

• Li
    Lisa32469 Jan 20, 2014

has anyone had any luck getting rid of this nightmare????

• Dn
    Dndd56 Oct 24, 2013

I just purchased today & was very apprehensive about their guarantee to sell my timeshare. They constantly assured me I have nothing to worry about; it was guaranteed to sell. I was so excited because I would be getting out from under my high maintenance fees & joining a resort that I had the option to never pay maintenance fees again. I guess what they say is true. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. I don't want to gamble with that much money. I can't afford to be stuck with 2 timeshares so I am canceling tomorrow. And my question to them that they never answered was, if they guarantee to sell your timeshare, then why does the contract say otherwise?

• 61
    618Josh Oct 22, 2013

In June of 2013 I attended a sales presentation for Summerwinds with my wife and inlaws. We too made the mistake of believing the lies told by the sales rep and bought into this nightmare. We all will testify about the deceptive practices of summerwinds. The way they do business is nothing short of fraud. I filed a complaint with the BBB and received a call from Mrs. Cooper at summerwinds. She offered me a reduced contract for a reduced price, but I refused because of the lies about the program. I will now file a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General and will agree to be a witness of this deception. If anyone can give any further advice I can be contacted via email at [email protected]