Steak 'n Shakeservice, cleanliness and manager

K Nov 02, 2019 Newark, OH Review updated:

I work for door dash and have been to your store twice this week and the cleanliness of the store and service were terrible. I waited in the lobby for over twenty five minutes for two small French fries and three milkshakes on a dash order for Michael Swartz last night after 10pm. I stood there for at least 12 minutes before even being acknowledged. In the mean time the manager who was a female with brown hair on top of her head with it shaved in the back looked at me numerous times but never said a word. The only thing she was concerned with was working the drive thru which is probably because there was a timer she kept looking at and was working off of. In the mean time four groups of people walked in and waited and were never greeted. The greet they got after waiting for an uncertain amount of time was by customers who were leaving and said the wait is an hour long however at that point there were only four small tables of people dining in. Everyone of the parties that were waiting and was never greeted walked out. The cleanliness of the store is filthy, especially behind the counter. Please do something about this location I've been going here for years and never had an issue. I know there are some things that can't be controlled but also want to mention half of the employees that were working wear shirts that's are brown in color when supposed to be white like they haven't been washed in quite some time. We love this chain & want to continue to come here but won't on these conditions. Please review as it's hurting your business. Thank you.

• M
      Nov 02, 2019

Steak n Shake are notorious for their horrible service and food. I would refuse to take anymore delivery orders if it involves Steak n Shake.