Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Building, Construction CalAtlantic Homes hurricane shutter, standing water issues

CalAtlantic Homes  -  hurricane shutter, standing water issues

K
Author of the complaint
11:33 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First of all, early September hurricane IRMA was threatening whole of Florida when I was installing hurricane shutters with whole neighbors assisting each other find out that one of the set which is to cover largest masterbedroom window is missing from the hurricane sets provided by builder. It was Thursday so I send a email to Customer service Coordinator, asking for their cooperation on this manner ( due to outage of plywood's in home improvement center) I was asking if you can not get the shutter to me in time least just provide a plywood to cover the windows for now, then we could talk about the company's responsibility later.

All the emails were answered promptly with pushing off responsibility to other people to take care of it, but no contacts were ever been made by them, and telling me partner company had contacted me but no phone call ever came to me so I asked what phone # they used, didn't provide # just said they call my home phone # that is B/S of course, my phone # is under confidential and I did not have this home pH # when I purchased the home.

This person is keep playing games and making excuses from two and a half, I do not know how she still employed.

Calatlantc CORP. must not care how their customers are treated.

Update by kotobuki12

Thu 9/7, 8:32 PM
You; Lesley Reid ([email protected]);
Bob Sipple ([email protected]);
+1 more
This message was sent with high importance.
You replied on 9/8/2017 11:19 PM.
Lesley,

Please call the homeowner and resolve.

direct: [protected] ext.

FAX [protected]

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:13 PM
Subject: hurricane shutter

Good evening,

As the Hurricane Irma threatens whole of Florida, I was installing hurricane shutters and found out I'm missing a set of shutter that needed for one of the Master bedroom window.

Please let me know how to resole this issue at hand.
Regards,

 Reply | 
Fri 9/15, 8:36 AM
You;
Susie.FlFrame ([email protected]); Barry ([email protected]);
+3 morInbThis message was sent with high importance.
You replied on 9/15/2017 2:27 PM.

Hello,

I received your email, and have never ignored your emails. Our office was closed for over a week, due to no power. Work orders were sent out. Did you ever return the calls to the concrete company for the work to be done?
I’ll send over for the shutters and hardware and ask the trade partner to call you.
Sincerely,

direct: [protected] direct fax: [protected]

Tampa
Susie, please call h/o KIM and get this resolved.

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: MISSING SHUTTERS H/O CHANDLER WOODS RE: hurricane shutter
Standing water issues in front of the drive way, requested to be fix from day one of my purchasing 2015, MITCH MAULDIN received from Ryland homes informing the issue and I myself contacted her many times for attention and she told me she would take care of it, but after over two years problem persisted and getting worse and during I had to deal with unfriendly people, construction manager (hostile) and she ignores and he uses threatening technique to discourage from calling for Home Warranty Service Request.

e any warranty service calls. Now I have another serious issues, hurricane Shutter. Just this month (September) we had a hurricane IRMA threaten whole of florida and forecasted to hit Tampa by Saturday night. when I took hurricane shutters out prepare to boarded up the house I found one set of shutters missing (designation set #9) these shutter is to go on to largest window (75" x 95") of Master bedroom, so on Thursday (September 7) email MITCH MAULDIN notifying of the missing set of shutter and asked for help in this matter instead of taking care of the problem she email me back (CC me ) of her telling other person should contact me to resolve the issues (I don't know why) to me your company is playing with peoples live and property, to this day I have not heard from either MAULDIN nor the person whom Iguess to take care or resolve this issue has not contacted me. please look into these issues and let me know ASAP what your company's stand is, so I could act on accordingly. 1. Hurricane Shutter Set #9, 2. Standing water front of the drive way. Chandler Woods Community in Tampa, Florida
From: Sang Kim
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: MISSING SHUTTERS H/O CHANDLER WOODS RE: hurricane shutter
you guys aught to be shame of your self!
you still have to take care of standing water issues also
let me know when you guys will take care of these problems?
to recap 1. SET of SHUTTER desgnation # 9.

2. Standing water issues (storm drainage) since community inception.

From: Sang Kim
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: MISSING SHUTTERS H/O CHANDLER WOODS RE: hurricane shutter
As hurricane approaches all plywood is no where to be found or for purchase and these missing shutter set (#9) is to be install on largest window (master bedroom) 75"x95", excluding patio glass door.

YOU and Lesley must have boarded up the homes and feeling safe, while I'm trying my best to be calm and doing best to locate materials for my family's safety and protect property from devastating one of the biggest hurricane ever coming to Florida.
Need SHUTTER ASAP, You guys are playing with people's lives, for what?
For now I need one sheet of plywood for emergency use with fastener and needed by SATURDAY morning.
there will be time enough later to discuss what your company's responsibilities are.

From: Charlotte Mauldin
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:32 PM
To: Sang Kim
Cc: Lesley Reid; Bob Sipple; Christopher Rush
Subject: MISSING SHUTTERS H/O CHANDLER WOODS RE: hurricane shutter

Lesley,

Please call the homeowner and resolve.

direct: [protected] ext.

FAX [protected]

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:13 PM
Subject: hurricane shutter

Good evening,
Please let me know how to resole this issue at hand.
Regards,

KIM, Sang

C-P # [protected]

8013 Whitetail Deer Way, Tampa, Florida

More CalAtlantic Homes complaints & reviews

CalAtlantic Homes - awful experience
CalAtlantic Homes - stole thousands from us!
CalAtlantic Homes - terrible experience