Sensaside effects

This new found diet craze "Sensa" has not only put me in the hospital with a gal bladder attack is it has also effected my heart. My heart is enlarged and is having to be treated with medicatios. I only lost 2 pounds after using religeously for 5 weeks. It seems I cannot find a website to cancel any further charges to my card. Please out any information I can use to "Cancel" Thank you and
Janice Thompkins

MariaJordansMom Mar 13, 2015

I used Sensa. I think it was for about 3mos. The company kept extending my free trial offer. Finally, when nothing was happening I called them & returned my product. Except for a few take along packets that I forgot were in my purse. It was 2010, April 1. My Mother was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery. She kept telling me to go to the Dr because I felt so run down. I promised her I would call him. My Mom passed away on 4-6-10 & in the following weeks I felt even worse. I called the Dr, went to the appointment, he took one look at my neck after I told him my symptoms & said " we need some blood work done, it looks like your Thyroid is swollen". My blood levels showed that I had Hypothyroidism. I was never sick a day in my life!! Now I'm taking medication for a disease. It was definitely from the Sensa, because I was very vibrant and healthy before I used it. I hope it's off the market, it is not a good product.

• El
    elaine17 Jan 14, 2015

OMG, I am so sorry for your loss. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I had rectal bleeding from sensa and I only took it for one week. since then I have had constant gastric problems and bowel problems. I am just so thankful that so far it looks like there was no damage to my kidney, because I have a transplanted kidney that I got two years ago. again, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the entire country reads your post and finds out about this horrible product. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. stay strong.

• Gr
    griftonite Jan 14, 2015

Sensa Killed my father!!! He developed Liver damage from taking this crap!

• El
    elaine17 Sep 22, 2014

I used sensa for less than a week, had the headaches, felt miserable, and then came the rectal bleeding. I stopped the sensa immediately because I just knew that had to be the cause. I had 3 days of bleeding, I am talking about full bowlfuls. I was afraid to tell my husband, and didn't go to the doctor because I felt better when I stopped bleeding. I did return the product and was eventually reimbursed on my credit card. But now I have a question, has anyone had lasting effects from rectal bleeding? My entire digestive/bowel system has been messed up. And now, about 6 months later my doctor sent me for an abdominal xray, my doctor just called with the results and it shows a large mass in my bowel. He first wants me to try this medicine that is supposed to flush out my entire system (I guess like the stuff you take before a colonoscopy), and then we'll see where we go from there. Did this happen to anyone else?

• Wh
    whoknowsright Jun 17, 2014

perhaps you guys have allergy on one of its ingredients: maltodextrin, tricalcium phosphate, silica

• Hi
    HiHiAli Jan 13, 2014

Is it to late to join in the lawsuit against Sensa? I've tried researching it because I just heard about it. I cant come up with much- Any help would be appreciated!!

Maryltapootie Jan 09, 2014

I ordered a 6 month supply. I used it for about 3 weeks during that time my knees became weak. I had to take baby steps coming down the stairs. step down on one step then bring the other foot to the same step. I wasn't good so i stopped taking it and everything returned to normal in about 2 weeks.

• Ho
    Hosta Jan 08, 2014

After the promise of weight loss and 3 months of pressured sales, I decided to stop my purchase of there product. It did not do what I said it would...sa long as I sprinkled it on all that I ate. I would lie to have my money returned!

• WOT Lies Dec 19, 2013

health and wellness shams are all over tv, all over the web. both physical and mental health nonsense can be found without even trying to look. be very wise...and very careful...before investing money and energy into this fad-ish junk. sensa? really? do you REALLY think this stuff will objectively work?

• Je
    Jessicasch Dec 17, 2013

I have been on sensa for about a month and I have gained weight and can't wear my pants anymore. My throat had been giving me problems, went to er and they said it was tonsilitis, but the medication ihas not worked. I finished the medication and still having the same problems. I am about to call sensa and complain about their product. I thought it was supposed to work not make you gain weight and get you sick.

• Do
    Donna Hardaway Dec 10, 2013

I was told that I had to pay to return the product before I could cancel my "Free Trial" and if I did not return the whole package by a certain date, I would still be charged for the "Free Trial". I have been trying to reach someone at the Sensa company, but the phone is not working.

• Mr
    mrbunny Nov 28, 2013

I tried Sensa a few months back. I was losing weight, but it seemed like shortly after using it, I felt like I had asthma. Wasn't sure if it was the Sensa or the smoke from the recent Rim Fire out here in CA. I quit the Sensa and the smoke cleared up. No more asthma feeling. However, I tried it again yesterday. Got very runny nose and a little cough. It the evening I had extreme palpitations, very rapid heart beat. Really scary. Almost called 911, but called hospital instead. Lasted for about 30 minutes. Don't know if it's related to Sensa but after reading other reviews, I think I'll sign up for Weight Watchers.

• Bo
    Bonnie Sorokata Oct 19, 2013

I have been on Sensa for about a month and a half and I reallly thought it was working in the beginning I was eating less but now I am dizzy and light headed my eyes are blurry and have headaches. I have not lost a pound totally ridiculous these people should be put out of bussiness. I been reading all the side effects and glad I did I been so out of it for 3 days now I should of read the side effects before I started it I was so uneasy about it in the beginning I should of never went on it. To all you that are having good luck with it good luck, but I think I read more bad than good

• La
    Lala57 Sep 15, 2013

I read the ingredients for SENSA prior to trying the product. It seemed harmless enough. I had an episode 8 months ago that mimicked a heart attack so well that I was put into ICU and had a heart catheter done. It wasn't a heart attack, but I quit taking SENSA. I started feeling normal and since I have about a year's worth of SENSA I decided to give it another try a couple of weeks ago. Sure enough, I started feeling pressure in my chest and having general malaise. I can't figure out why it could be the SENSA, but I have no other explanation.

joelly22 Sep 04, 2013

I have been using Sensa for 3 weeks now. I am sure that my breasts have gotten at least a cup size larger. This is not good because I now have to buy larger brassieres. This is also not good since I am a guy.

• Qu
    qunicy Aug 22, 2013

Hi everyone I use sensa for the first time and I was constipated the very first day I thought it was just a normal reaction to the product
    NO it was not I still took it and I did not go to the bathroom for 4 days I would not recommend this product to any one.

• Br
    brit5402 Aug 14, 2013

I have been using this for 3 days and I notice how I get very dizzy after I eat sorta like to a big rush to my head and it kinda makes me just sit here for second and try to catch up on what's really going on, I don't like this at all andf I have really bad anxiey.. and I asked the people on the phone when I ordered, Because of a freak out over not Because of a freak out over nothing and the people told me know that it was all natural were found in food that I would were found in food that I would have in my fridge.
    WHY ARE THEY LIEING ?
    IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIANCING MIGRAINES, AND A SUDDEN RUSH TO.THE HEAD OR.AM I CRAZY?//???

• Tr
    tr2rich Aug 06, 2013

I have the return # for Sensa. I started on 8/4/2013 I found the big red spot on my forearm and have an on going pain in my neck. I called Sensa 8/6/ and canceled.

• Fl
    FLAChick Jun 30, 2013

I am just on my third day and have diarrhea and upset stomach. I googled to see if any reports of that existed and that is where I found this site. I guess I will quit taking it immediately. Luckily I bought it at GNC so I don't have any automatic renewal of the product.

Anne Falk Jun 20, 2013

I have used Sensa for over 2 months. Last week I started experiencing nausea, bloating and stomach pain. It was so bad it send me to the Doctor's office. They did a blood test looking for a bacteria as the culprit then sent me home. It occurred to me that my problem may stem from the Sensa. This product has not helped take a pound off me until the side effects kicked in. I couldn't eat food for 5 days. I am struggling still with stomach aches and fatigue. I have had my gall bladder removed years ago but I would have sworn I was having gall bladder attacks. I will not be using this product again and hope I can feel normal again soon.

sandra henry Jun 15, 2013

Just spent 8 hours at the hospital, been using sense since may 29, 2013, lost 3 pounds, before I started the diet, I ask my doctor what I could use that was safe, because I do have some health issues, she say the v-shake or sense, started having severe chest pain, this past week have been having chest pains, also pain in my upper back, and feel like something is squeezing my chest, they check everything for my heart and couldn't find anything, all the test says I wasn't having a heart attack, . Haven't had any chest pains in over a year, have been having to take my nitro for the past week, going to stop sense to see if the symptoms go away

• Am
    amatxlatina Jun 04, 2013

I have only been taking sense for 4 days. It started yesterday afternoon and I thought maybe it was because of something in the air. that night, I broke out badly took some Benadryl and went to sleep seemed to be going away then it started up again when I ate breakfast/lunch and now I am whelped back again and I just sprinkled some sense on chips about an hr ago. I am going to definitely stop as I cannot afford to lose more work because I am broke out in hives.

Jane Sellars May 03, 2013

I started Sensa Easter weekend. 3 1/2 weeks later, my blood pressure increased by 20 points and my heart was racing so fast, I thought it was coming out of my chest. I was anxious, but wasn't sure why. My stomach had been rolling for days, but wasn't sure what caused it. Was having some bowel movement problems and unable to sleep at night because of stomach rolling.
    I did have high blood pressue and cholesterol problem as well as COPD, asthma and an enlarged heart.
    As of this time, I had not lost one pound yet.
    I stopped it a week ago Thursday, but I'm still having stomach problems. My blood pressure is coming down, but the stomach is still issue.
    Now I have this salty taste all the time. My saliva has a salty taste and it doesn't make any difference what I eat, it's salty, even the sweetest item, is like salt. I've tried eating bread and butter to see if it would help, but hasn't yet.

How long before this gets out of my system? How do I get the salty taste from by body?
    Any help appreciated.
    This is worst thing that has happened to me and I would not recommend to any one.

• Belleville May 01, 2013

Her alcohol and drug abuse got worse and worse over the years and her lies and deceit grew to intolerable levels and she was arrested for drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs.

chicago mal May 01, 2013

After taking Sensa for 3-4 consecutive meals I began to feel shortness of breath, the next day I experienced burning in my throat. This was really weird and thought about what I'd been doing differently, I immediately thought of Sensa. I then went online to site, reviewed the CD for any side effects and saw none. I then searched online and found this site outlining Sensa side effects and about 80% of people contributing listed the same side effects. By the next day I had full blown respiratory and sinus infections.
    Although supplements are not FDA regulated, the least Sensa can do is list known side effects from high doses of it's "natural" ingredients. I cannot believe that in testing and studies with Sensa, many subjects did not experience the same side effects that many of us in this online community experienced. I find it irresponsible that Sensa would not fully disclose these OR any side effects at all.

I just thank all those who posted previously to me that help me realize the Sensa made me very I'll and immediately me me stop.

• Sh
    Shannon2011 Apr 24, 2013

@heath2011 =TROLL with too much free time on their hands...unless you are getting paid to try to turn negative comments to positive...look at the history of comments people...enough said

• Sh
    Shannon2011 Apr 23, 2013

@heath2011 paid commentor stop trolling the message boards!!!

• Ad
    A.Dixon Apr 21, 2013

I am on my 4th day of using Sensa 3xs a day. I know it's early in the weight loss program but I decided to weigh myself this morning. Well, I gained weight rather then maintaining or loosing anything. Has this happened to anyone else??? Please reply Thank You A. Dixon

Jackie Dan Apr 11, 2013

3 days after starting Sensa I had an episode lasting about 30 min of blurred vision I left eye, white "flash" spots in right eye, numbness/cold fingers and lips and a "medicine like" taste in my mouth. Didn't think it may be linked to this product until I read a few other comments with similar symptoms. It has curbed my appetite.

• Di
    Dilpickle Mar 12, 2013

I've been using sensa for 5 days now. I have the worst stomach pains ever...I've had three children and this seriously feels like labor pains. I've had non stop diarrhea (sounds like I'm urinating when I go) for 30 straight hours. Severe pain and bloating. I developed stomach pain after day 2 of taking this I just didn't associate it with sensa. I'm returning it tomorrow! I should lose weight since I haven't been able to eat for the last two days because I've felt so rotten...DON'T BUY!

• Em
    EMTMom Feb 20, 2013

I started taking Sensa a week ago and from day one I have had absolutely no energy and all I've wanted to do is sleep, I have a 7 y/o daughter sleeping my day away is not an option. I've been congested from day one but it's winter so I just attributed that to the weather not an allergy. BUT for the past three days I have been in the bathroom non-stop!!! I'm to the point of tears when I use the bathroom it hurts so bad and because of this specific issue I was unable to do my shift at work ( I work on an ambulance and going to the bathroom 3-4 times an hour is not an option). Aside from that pain in my a$$ (literally) I've had right side pain, now I have an existing gall stone but I have been in more pain than normal this week, not to mention how bloated I've been as well AND I've been waking up with acid reflux and I've NEVER had that before. Now before I decided to try this product I read the website and then I when I got the try it free offer I watched the DVD completely and do not recall a single mention of these in any of the advertisement. I've stopped taking it and hope I'll be able to return to work for my next shift (my shifts are 14 hours long.) As mentioned I work in the medical field I know that NONE of this is normal, I guess it was my own fault for not looking up side effects before ordering. Right now I'm out $2 for the shipping of the first 2 months and will call them to return the rest of the the unused product. And if they give me a hard time will make sure any additional charges will be declined. I hope all these posts of side effects stops further people from trying this product, it can have horrible consequences.

• Em
    EMTMom Feb 20, 2013

Well I have been using Sensa for a week and the first couple days weren't so bad. However now for the past 3 days I've been in the bathroom about 3 times an hour, it is not pleasant, I am in so much pain I cry when I go to the bathroom (I missed work today because of this problem... should I mention I am a medic on an ambulance). In addition I've also had a stuffy nose since day one. Now it's cold out and thought it was that, NOPE it's not. I have had right side pain for the past 4 days and have been very bloated AND I HAVE NO ENERGY all I want to do is sleep!!! So I did the research online, I watched the stupid DVD and I did not see anything mentioning a single side effect!!! As I said I'm in the medical field and I know this is not right!!! I stopped taking using that Sensa crap and I'm calling them and returning what is left and hope that my symptoms subside before my next work shift (which is 14 hours long.)

Mari Lyn Feb 17, 2013

I tried Sensa today for the first time. I had 2 soft boiled eggs and sprinkled Sensa on them. About 2 hours later I made the orange drink with the bottled water. Then went on to make a hamburger patty and sprinkled it with Sensa. I then poured a glass of skim milk and drank about 1/3.
    I started to feel very light headed, almost like I was getting Vertigo. I began to feel nauseous. I stopped drinking the milk and put it in the fridge. I could hardly walk.
    I debated going to the ER. or calling my Doc. I kept going to the computer and reading all I could about side effects from Sensa.
    It's hard to say just exactly how I felt, but it was terrible. Within 2 hours, I started to go on the mend. Right now it has been 4 hours since it all started and I'm not 100%, but feeling a lot better..
    I will not use the Sensa again. I have to tell you that I don't get sick like that, even with the flu bug. An the food I ate...I had eaten the day before...so I knew they were OK.
    I was eating this particular food because I wanted to start a diet. So that is why the second day I decided I would try the Sensa, too.
    I had no othe side effects like itching, etc.

• Bo
    bonbony Feb 05, 2013

I been 25 pounds overweight, been using sensa for a month now, last week I start getting dizzy and having hard time with anything visual cant even keep my eyes open, feel once. Cold most of the time and drained of energy even after red bull and coffee. Have not lost even a pound and been using sensa on everything. hope my vision comes back I had eye check up month before I started with sensa and my eyes were almost perfect, I draw a lot and since last week I cant even look at anything . Just canceled on the web it was very easy.

• Te
    Tedddy G Feb 01, 2013

The second time I had taken Sensa I had flushing in my face wheezing in chest felt like I had a lot of nervous energy very dry throat lightheaded and instant headache . Will send it back to Shop NBC and they said no side effects dosen, t seem to be a true statement for everyone .

joice Jan 31, 2013

I started using Sensa this week and I felt hyper, so excited, and really weird like I used drugs then after a few hours my tongue was numb and my blood pressure went too low, and I felt terrible, pallid.. And had difficulty to breath normally. I don't recommend Sensa to anyone. I called to cancel and also cancelled my credit card, and ordered a new one so they can't charge me anything for the "free trial"

• Li
    lindalou58 Jan 24, 2013

I am so damned mad at myself for trying this product not once, but 3 times!! Last time was a 'charm"! ugh
    I never seemed to remember to sprinkle each and every time I put food into my mouth, but this time, I told myself, I was going to do it!!!
    ha! I have been SO sick this week...still recovering, from what I thought was a very bad stomach flu. I got sick on a Sunday night, shortly after eating dinner and a snack, all well covered with Sensa.

By midnight, I could not lay on my stomach, had HORRIBLE diarrhea, gas, body aches, nausea, and felt feverish. By Tues, I was feeling better, and never attributing being ill to sensa, I started to sprinkle all my meals that day OMG! Everything returned with a vengeance that night, and I'm still recovering. Sure, I have lost 6 lbs this week, b/c I have never felt so sick! Who the hell can eat? DON'T TAKE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANYTHING UNUSUAL!

THESE SO CALLED 'SENSA COACHES' CAN BE FOUND ON FACEBOOK, AND IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT FEELING ILL THEY WILL TELL YOU TO 'SOLDIER ON'! INCREDIBLE!!

THIS STUFF IS DANGEROUS!

SafeForNow Jan 18, 2013

Wow. I started looking for Sensa side effects expecting to just find the bloating, gas, and heartburn issues some of you have mentioned (I mean, it is a substance that makes you feel full, you kind of have to expect those are possible), but most of the rest is beyond the pale. I'm sorry for the problems many of you have had, but thank you for posting your stories to warn the rest of us. It's very appreciated.

masy Jan 17, 2013

Hi all,
    My aunt is experiencing high blood pressure and headaches and has been taking sensa for about a week? Any thoughts on this?

• Da
    dancesilly2 Jan 14, 2013

SENSA probably does work for some people who are not sensitive to the product's ingredients. But I used it for a couple of days and got queasy and diarrhea, I thought it was from a cold that I have been suffering with for about a month now. I took a break from using the SENSA and realized the diarrhea went away. When I started using it again sure enough, I'm back on the toilet! Also feel a little dizzy and light headed. I did read somewhere that there may be adverse symptoms for the first week to month and to stick with it. But I'd rather lose weight eating right and exercising. Losing weight because I am sick to my stomach and don't feel like eating is not the way for me. I suffer from IBS so I could be sensitive to what I eat. Therefore I think I will stop using this product.