Secure Data Rescuecomputer hard drive recovery

M

Avoid secure data rescue. There are many other companies that will do the same work with more integrity and speed. Secure data took 10 days to assess my hard drive, then took 10 more days to supposedly fix it. Secure data then charged almost $200 more for parts. A parts list was never provided. So much for "no hidden fees". When I questioned the charges, I felt threatened concerning the safeguard of my data. I reported this immediately to chase bank and visa. It was so serious, that chase visa recommended I call my local police department so that they could get involved. Apparently, any data that is recovered by secure data may be kept on file by secure data. When I challenged the charges, I received harassing phone calls from secure data. I filed a complaint with my local police department and federal authorities because of the sensitivity of the information on my drive. These agencies followed up by contacting secure data about the threats. There appears to be nothing "secure" about this business. There is nothing secure about the "data". The "recovery" was suspect and incomplete. There is nothing safe about "secure data recovery". Avoid secure data rescue.