SB fun family rewardsUnauthorized charge

I've been having this reoccurring charge debited from my debit card for several months also. I had no clue what it was. When the transaction came through all I was able to see was "888-527". So finally to get the phone number for whatever it was, I did a yahoo search on "SB Fun Family Rewards" and saw all the complaints just like mine. So I called the 888 number and was informed that I signed up for it. I informed the rep that if I did that it was sneeky. She also informed me that they sent me a $10.00 rebate. Hmmm... I never recieved that. So, not only did I not get my $10.00 rebate (that I never signed up for intentionally) but I've been losing the $9.95 taken out of my account each month, for I'm not exactly sure how long now. If that is the way that JCP is conducting business, I will no longer purchase anything from them on-line or at one of their stores, which I have been a long time customer.
Oh yeah... when calling the 888 number I told the rep what happened and that I was not happy about it, not only did she try to talk me into keeping my "subscription" she also tried to sell me life insurance before I finally hung up!!!

Donna Sisler Nov 02, 2010

THE CHARGE OF $9.95 BEGAN BEING REMOVED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT IN APRIL, 2017 AND HAS BEEN REMOVED MONTHLY SINCE THEN. THIS IS NOT OUR PRIMARY ACCOUNT SO WE WEREN'T MONITORING IT AS CLOSELY AS WE SHOULD HAVE. WE NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS SERVICE AND WE WOULD LIKE FOR IT TO STOP BEING REMOVED FROM THIS ACCOUNT. WE ALSO WOULD LIKE THE CHARGES FOR APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, AND OCTOBER TO BE REPLACED INTO THIS ACCOUNT.

DontOrderIt May 28, 2010

This company has now changed their name to Perfect Home and is still in business charging credit cards $9.95. I will never order anything ever again from JC Pennys. Mr Pennys would be horrified if he knew what you have turned his compny into. A BIG SHAME ON YOU.

• Mo
    mouse May 23, 2009

my relative worked for this [censored][censored] company.They even tried to rip off his mother. she only had a 9.99 charge on her card the same thing. Just call and speak to a manager and tell them you want a refund and make them do it! and make them prove it! my relative said this usually happend to elderly people who used the card and where unaware of what this charged was until it was for months and usually a relative of theirs called and said my mother and father are 70 years old and have no use for this take it off.And they did all 5 years of it.

• De
    Deb Heidenstrom May 21, 2009

I too was scammed when I ordered something from JC Penny's, I know I did not authorize them to take any money from my account. In speaking to Anita, on May 19th 2017, at their customer service department, she stated that I had checked the box to allow this, but yet when I asked her to send me a copy of the page showing my name, account and the box that was checked they do not have a record, so how do they know I checked it or not, so does anyone know how to prove or disprove this???????
    Would love to get my money back that I earned without screwing over thousand of us hard working people.

jaime Mar 11, 2009

Call: [protected] TX
    and demand that your money be refunded to you. I did, just a few minutes agon and they refunded me all three months. Tell them that you did not authorized that transaction, but demand they do it.

marieblu987 Feb 25, 2009

some how they got a hold of my information and have been charging me since decemember and i just found out today i want it stopped. i just want two things.. to know how they got ahold of my information and my money

• Ul
    ultrav24 Feb 25, 2009

i did not authorize sb fun family rewards to charge my credit card any fees, my phone hours seem to limit me from contacting anyone to get this stopped, i want the charges took off my card and reimbersed

violet m. smith
    924 e. fischer st.
    kokomo, in 46901

• Mw
    MWR Feb 01, 2009

I'm really annoyed at JCPenny. As with the rest I have been charged $9.95 for the Fun Family Rewards package which I didn't sign up for. I use to love shopping there but this just puts a dark mark on thier name for me. Is this how they plan to get through these hard economic times? Shame on them. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I'm sure there are many more people out there that haven't even noticed this debit as yet so it's our duty to let them know, tell your friends and family.

Sararose Dec 04, 2008

I was charged 9.95 without permission! Take me off your list ASAP!!!

Account: NFCU ending in 5712

Transaction date: 12/02/2017*
    Amount: $9.95
    Merchant: SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS

Fred Nov 22, 2008

JC Penny wants you to think that SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS is not their program, but the JC Penny logo is on the funfamilyrewards.com web page. So I would call Penny's and really get on to them. They are the ones responsible.

Fred Nov 22, 2008

SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS recurring charges. I have written JC Penny's a ltter and told them I will never ever use them again for springing this scam on me. When one "signs up" for rewards you think it is free and you think it is like getting "points." I called Penny's and they just give you a phone number to SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS. It is up to you to try and cancel. I called the company and they are only open during the week so I have not been able to cancel yet. But I have disputed all charges. The real problem is J.C. PENNY. After many years of loyalty, I will not trust them again. Nor will I ever use them again. I would suggest you write Penny's an email and tell them the same.