SB fun family rewardsCredit Card Charge

G

I found a charge on my credit card from SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS [protected] TX $ 9.95 . I did not approve this charge. This company supposedly represents J.C. Penny and got my credit card number from an on-line catalog order I had made with J.C. Penny and then canceled. I was told by the representative from SB Fun Rewards that I had checked a box on the catalog order that allowed them to charge me. Which I doubt very much that I did. And even though the actual catalog order was canceled, the only way to cancel SB Fun Rewards was to call them directly. I have told them to immediately cease charging my credit card and called my credit card company and informed them of this situation.

Credit Card users beware, check every detail of your atatements. There are alot of shady companies out there.

• De
    Deborah E Williams Jul 25, 2008

unauthorized charges...

Jayesh Vyas Aug 24, 2008

I also got the same unauthorized transaction in my credit card's account.

Ann Jensen Aug 25, 2008

I want this charge stopped and stopped now. I did not authorize this and I needs stopped now!

Chris Aug 26, 2008

UNAUTHORIZE CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD. PLEASE STOP NOW. HOW DID YOU ALL GET MY CARD NUMBER? I WANT A REIMBURSE OF THIS CHARGE.

• La
    Laura Savage Sep 04, 2008

JCPenny. Somehow when I ordered from JCPenny online they enrolled me in this stupid crap I don't need. I didn't realize until I checked my credit card statement and googled the name. I am canceling it if I can!!! ###!!

• Mi
    Michael Todd Backus Sep 14, 2008

I just now found this thing. I am writing a formal complaint I don't even know what its for if not for these complaints I would not have known JC Pennies the source. They lost my business!!!

• Do
    Douglas McKown Sep 14, 2008

An unautorized charge was made to my bank account on 09/12/08 in the amount of 9.95 bringing the account level to a .02 balance. I intend to be on the phone to my bank first thing in the morning.

• Me
    Melissa Lemmons Sep 18, 2008

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers’ satisfaction and our Company’s reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at [email protected], by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

• Ta
    Tabitha Sep 24, 2008

I am in the same boat! I do not know how I wound up with this same debit 9.95 coming out of my account every month! I have been trying for the last 2 months to get it stopped, and they debited my account again this month!

I WANT THIS STOPPED NOW!!!

• Gh
    ghalstead Sep 25, 2008

This $9.95 charge appeared on my visa bill an was was unathorized. Apparently it is in connection with JC Penny cardholder. www.funfamilyrewards.com or 1-888-527-6939

• Mi
    Michelle Sep 25, 2008

I am on the phone with them right now. This is the second month in a row that they have taken money out of my account !

Jose M. Vazquez Sep 29, 2008

Hello! I want to stop this debit(9.95) from, sb fun family rewards on my visa account NOW, on sept 30, 2008. member # 20414683004. Thanks. Mr.Vazquez, JM.

• Le
    Le Gretta Murphy Oct 06, 2008

Yes i looked on my statement last week and I had the same charged of 9.95 on my statement. I know I did not sign up for anything. In the past I have orderd items online from JcPenny and they got my credit card number. I will be calling today to removed this charged and a other charges that will occur.

Frank Lornitzo Oct 13, 2008

The services came as a offer when I purchased online from Penney's a jewelry item for about $40. I thought it was a service giving information online on specials, services, and was free. I did not see info about any charges.

Josh Oct 13, 2008

This is freakin outrageous, i ordered my fiance' a gift online and signed up to get a 10$ refund (which they didnt send me) and on my checking statement the ###s charged me 9.95$ i am done shopping with JC penny for good...

• Ed
    EDUARDO GUTIERREZ GASPAR Oct 20, 2008

I AM FROM MEXICO, I WANT THIS CHARGE ILEGAL STOPPED RIGHT NOW.

Sara A Osgood Nov 12, 2008

My check card has been charged monthly every since I purchased some jewerly for a present. I not aware of how or why I am beening charged this. I have not sign up for anything a JC Pennys and actually do not shop there. You need to remove me from this Fun Family Rewards or I will have my bank put stops on any future attempts. JC Penny's needs to also reimburse me for all previous withdrawals from my account.

• Di
    DIANA BAPTISTE Nov 17, 2008

This $9.95 charge appeared on my master card bill an was was unathorized. 9/6/08, 9/16/08, 9/23/08 and other attempts made. i need to have my funds immediately reimbursed to me. THIS IS STEALING.

• Fo
    foxyroxie81 Nov 20, 2008

I just called to cancel and they tried to keep me for the thier rewards and then to top that off they wanted to offer me life insurance can you believe that!! I was like no lady i don't want it...so if you want to cancel just call them at 1-888-527-6839 and give them your phone number that you put on file with JCPenny when you made your order and they will refund the current charge on you statement. I don't even remember what i did with the little membership card they sent me i thought this service was for free just comes to show all things aren't for free...they bite you in the end. I will just be more careful when i purchase online with any body...oh please don't forget to read the fine print at the bottom of the website when they make you offers...especially if they want to offer you a 10.00 rebate that ends us costingyou money.

Fred Nov 22, 2008

I have written JC Penny's a ltter and told them I will never ever use them again for springing this scam on me. When one "signs up" for rewards you think it is free and you think it is like getting "points." I called Penny's and they just give you a phone number to SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS. It is up to you to try and cancel. I called the company and they are only open during the week so I have not been able to cancel yet. But I have disputed all charges. The real problem is J.C. PENNY. After many years of loyalty, I will not trust them again. Nor will I ever use them again. I would suggest you write Penny's an email and tell them the same.

• Ge
    Geneva Case Dec 04, 2008

there was a unauthorized amount of 9.95 toke out of my bank I would like it put back in I am going to my bank today and will not order from Jcpenny again

frank or susie wagner Dec 29, 2008

I was online ordering xmas gifts & was asked if I wanted this "package " I replied no, and I was charged 9.95 anyway. I'm not sure exactly what all it is, but I do remember it is something I know I would not use, even for 9.95.

• Pe
    pepechana Jan 21, 2009

i was charged with $9.95 every month and I did not nothig about it, I was catched.

• Je
    Jenny Jan 22, 2009

Same unauthorized charge on my statement when I got my bill. Thought I could trust ordering things online from JCpenny but apparently not.

• Vo
    vogelinexton Feb 20, 2009

There are numerous ways Fun Family Rewards, Plan Plus, Leisure Plus, Savings2Go and Perfect Home Rewards can sign you up with or without your authorization.

1. Placing an order through the JC Penney catalog on the Internet. You are lured into the Fun Family Rewards sign up page when you are offered $10 off your order on a pop-up.

2. Placing an order through the JC Penney catalog on the telephone. The JCP rep will offer you $10 off the order and then let you know you are sign up for the FFR for a 30-day trial membership. Unfortunately, a lot of folks don't understand what is happening if they are elderly, not fluent in English, in a hurry, if the JCP rep is not upfront, etc.

3. You order of all things a sexual inhancement product over the phone and the rep(Not JCP) offers you or tells you you must accept the Savings2Go and Plan Plus memberships.

4. You respond to an offer where you get free jewelry by just paying shipping.

• Ro
    ROSIE GALINDO Feb 22, 2009

I HAVE CHARGES ON MY CARD THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. I SPOKE WITH A REP ON THE 12TH OF FEB. I WAS TOLD THE CHARGES WOULD BE REVERSED. MORE CHARGES HAVE BEEN ADDED AND NOTHING HAS BEEN REVERSED AS OF YET. I CALLED THE SAME PHONE NUMBER TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT THIS BUSINESS NO LONGER EXIST. I WILL BE CONTACTING MY GM ATTORNEY ON THE 25TH OF THIS MONTH. I NEED A CALL FROM THIS COMPANY TO CONFIRM THAT THE CHARGES HAVE BEEN REVERSED.

• Ro
    Robin Mar 12, 2009

I was also charged this fee and never signed up for this. How do I get it off there? Robin

• Vi
    Victoria Apr 13, 2009

I did not at any time authorize this company to charge my credit card for any service at any time!!!

Maggie Apr 13, 2009

You must call the credit card that was charged and tell them it was an unorthorized transaction and they should discard it. let me know.

• Be
    Beverly Apr 23, 2009

I had the same situation, around christmas time, I was looking to order something and this fun family rewards popped up on the screen. I also replied no but, have since received $9.95 charges. This is totally wrong for a company to do. I like shopping a JCpenny's but, after this, I'm a bit concerned. I hope these charges are taken off my bill soon or I will no longer shop at the store or on-line.

• Su
    Susan Woodward Jun 16, 2009

I was unaware that I would be charged $9.95 a month. STOP TAKING $9.95 A MONTH AND CONCELL MY MEMBERSHIP ASAP andCREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR $9.95. I am also contacting the BBB of Pennsylvania TODAY. My account # is 0893200957. Susan Woodward

• Co
    Consumer Affairs Jun 17, 2009

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company reputation. As requested, we have canceled your membership and issued credit to your account. In addition, our records show your request for the $10 rebate wa mailed on 5/27. If we can be of further service, please contact us via email to [email protected]

• Su
    Sue Woodward Jun 18, 2009

The $9.95 charge was credited from my checking account, too late, now have a $36.00 fee for an overdraft. My bank (National City of Pittsburgh) said that SB Fun Family is responsible for the charge. Contact me @ [email protected] or call me @ 412-233-5116. I should not be charged for a $36.00 overdraft fee for something I was unaware of and did not want in the first place ( $9.95) RESPOND ASAP PLEASE. Susan Woodward

jadedchaos Jul 22, 2009

i too have received a charge of, you guessed it 9.95 i have no idea what it could be for. i will be on the phone first thing in he morning to stop payment .but it does not sound like that does any good reading your stories. so maybe i should just cancel my card and get a new one.that should stop them from charging me for nothing.tammy combe, n.hollywood, ca.

• Ka
    Karin Gardner Sep 22, 2009

I am being charged 9, 95 $ for something i never signed up for so please stop right away and refund me my money back.
    If JC Penny works like that this will be my last time ordering from them

• Ia
    IAnnika Oct 07, 2009

I got the same charge for something I didn't order or maybe I did order it without knowing there was a charge behind it. I want my refund or $9.95 ASAP

• Ia
    IAnnika Oct 07, 2009

I bought something from Penneys and ended up paying for fun famly awards - why I didn't know I was being charge for something that's "free". I want a refund NOW.

• Pr
    problemarea Oct 29, 2009

I've had the same problem. I never signed up for anything but they said I did when I called to complain. I like to think people are honest so when they said they would cancel me from the 9.95 monthly payment I thought that was fair. They are STILL charging me. I will call again to the complaint dept. above tomorrow and expect them to credit me for all the money they have charged to my account now that I know I'm not the only one that NEVER even signed up for it. The last payment (after canceling it) came in even less than a month.
    Gayle

• Sl
    slr1950 Nov 15, 2009

an unauthorized charge was made on my debit card and I want it to stop immediately. SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS 888 527 6839

• Je
    JenGray Nov 20, 2009

Just discovered a charge from this "company" on my Walmart Money card provided by GE Money Bank

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices