Run Local LocksmithIllegal Business

A

Based on a horrifying experience, this national business uses false advertising and carries misleading charges. They claim that the locksmith services start at $29 but don't write that this fee is just for the technician reporting to the site alone. Additional charges apply making a minimum total charge amount at $125. They also claim that a technician will be at the site within 15 minutes of the call. This is inaccurate when the technician actually called within 15 minutes of the call, lied about the estimated time of arrival, and then showed up nearly two hours after the initial call! On top of that, the technician was rude, threatening and violent. Anyone requiring locksmith services should be highly warned to stay away from this company and use a real locally advertised locksmith.

• Bs
    bs runlocallocksmith Apr 13, 2009

$29 is base on commission on 800 number
    person who open the door, they can charge what ever they want...
    b/s 10-20 %off i have ever seem they over charging for just open 2003 chevy cargo van... 29 + 150...

• Ih
    Ihumble Apr 23, 2009

This company uses $29 as bate.

I have never seen such a high charge to change key for a lock.

I got a socking experience from this company's practice.

A company likes this should be exposed and prosecuted.

joejoeandme Jun 14, 2009

Do not use this company, they are a total rip-off! I got locked out of my house yesterday and called them. When I asked for an estimate on the phone the woman told me that there was a $29 service charge and the the additional cost starts at $45 and up depending on the degree of difficulty. It took the locksmith 5 min and he charged me $180.83 - this is absurd. I'm changing careers!

Marlene009 Jun 20, 2009

This company is THE WORSE!
    The guy called me that he was going to be there in 20 minutes, and he arrived an hour LATE, when I try to reach the manager, he's never there, he always happens to be out of the office.
    The guy, when he finally arrived was rude, careless, and wanted to charge 160 for opening a 2008 SUV!!!
    WHAT A RIP OFF, this company should totally be sued!

• Wa
    WALockedOut Jun 26, 2009

I just called their service for rekeying my front door lock. The operator told me $29 + $19 onwards for rekeyeing depending on difficulty. Guy arrives 25 min. late - after me already giving them 1 hour notice, then appears in an unmarked Van - has nothing but 1 carry on tool kit with him, and no ID. He quoted me $70 additional above the $29 fee to rekey the lock - emphasizes he is doing me a favor by not charging me anything for labor (I am thinking - if you are rekeying - isn't that really all you are doing is labor?) - anyhow, total damage $110 . Unfortunately, it was late enough that I was in no mood to argue - but I do intend to get the lock replaced tomorrow - since he would only give me 1 key - not the 2 that is traditional with any rekeying - so I am thinking he has a copy with him????

Avoid this company, till they actually put up a Business Address and a BBB stamp on their website - I lost money - you shouldnot!

saigon Jul 17, 2009

I am having a HORRIBLE experience with them right now!
    My scooter locked out couple days ago, called service RunLocalLockSmith.(RLLS)
    7-15-09 Technician came late (his name Samuel, local tech in Richardson, TX) didn't know what the F* he were doing, end up he F* drewed a little scooter lock then charged me for total of $104 which included $29 service call (this is BS) and $75 just for drew a F* tiny lock!!! then he took picture of the lock and said will contact me back in an hour for pricing new lock but never heard from him!!
    7-16-09 called RLLS spoke to servial CSR but no one know what was going on nor can see any previous service records or communication records in their system. They said sorry and set up new appt with a suppervisor will come out. Again, I was waiting and waiting...no one call or showed up. called again and complaint!! this time spoke to Tina and she set up another appt and very confidence that someone will call and show up this time.
    7-17-09 suppose someone will call or show up around 6-7 am but nothing had happened. On the phone with Tina 2 times this morning but still nothing!!! I then call and ask to talk to manager, her name is Dee. The manager has no sympathy, sorry or compensate for the troubles I have been thru with them. She said she will re-set up another appt but I told her NO because I am getting SICK SICK SICK and TIRED of this company and now I know why because I should of look them up before I get involve with them, feel so sorry now!!!
    Now I lost $104 for them to damage my scooter lock and have to find someone else to take over their ###!!
    Technician has no name tag, uniform or not even driving car or truck with company name or logo on it.
    He came out with his own car like anybody car and dress like anybody and had his little tool box and that's all!!! the receipt they used really lousy, doesn't have company name on it. Just like any receipt you can buy at office depot and write whatever you want on it!!!

PLEAES PLEASE PLEASE BECAREFUL AND DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM.

• Wa
    Warren Schaub Jul 30, 2009

We had Run Local Locksmith come out to replace a 54 year old doornob that locked up. My call was returned within 15 minutes but the tech arrived 35 minutes later than the time he promised without even the courtesy of a phone call. He arrived in a private unmarked vehicle with a woman waiting for him in the vehicle while he tended to the door. He had to leave to purchase some parts and returned approx an hour and a half later. He returned with two brass plates to cover the curout of the original ornate fixture and put in a very low quality piece of garbage. While he worked he was impatient, cranky and rude. He had drilled holes for the screws to seat the brass plates and they would not line up properly to allow for the round doornob to properly operate, so he drilled new holes. The doornob then worked but the holes are visible in both the front and back of the door below the brass plates. Even after all of this, the plates are not set straight on the door and below the front plate is a portion of the original hole visible. It looks horrendous! To boot, this charge was over $450, to include $85.00 for each little brass plate, two charges for labor in addition to the famous $29 service call charge. This is only part one... AFter the tech left, I attempted to lock both the new doornob as well as the deadbolt above it, and neither would work. After some significant effort, I was able to get the new lock to work and called the company back the next morning. This time, the tech did not return my call for an hour, so I called again to complain. Ten minutes went by and he did call me back and promised he would be at my home between four and four thirty that afternoon. He did not show up until 8pm... no call, no explanation. When he arrived he was angry, rude, impatient and hostile. I was frightened of him, truthfully. When I explained that I could no longer use the deadbolt after he worked on the door, he rather rudely replied, "I didn't touch the deadbolt". I then calmly explained that I wasn't accusing him of anything, but that I simply needed his help to get both the locks working properly, which was the purpose of me calling on him in the first place! He did remedy the situation with my insistence, but it was careless, rushed and without any concern for resolving our problem or for achieving any level of customer service. My next complaint was with regard to the bill... there were charges that were illegible in terms of the description and amount and the total was miscalculated by almost $200! We called the company and after being given the run around, we did speak with a manager, who put us off for a couple of days, then he was on vacation when we called again, and now he "stepped out of the office". We left numerous messages and he has not returned our calls, We were denied the ability to speak with the company owner, therefore we will dispute the charges with the credit card company.

This was a frightening experience and a very poor example of sound business practices. I would advise anyone to run the other way when the name of this company is mentioned. They should be taken to court for impropriety and have the book thrown at them, and I just may pursue that!

Annarbor Aug 03, 2009

I wish I had veiwed these posts before I called this business. My bad experience started from that I felt the front door lock was not very good on Saturday morning, so I called my old locksmith, but he did not get the phone, and I think he does not work on weekend, so I stopped calling him.

I should have not used the front door from that point, but I thought it would not be so bad so I went to walk my dog using the front door around 7pm, without bringing my cellphone. When I came back, I could not open the lock at all. It is getting dark, and I have no money, no cell phone, so I start to feeling scared. I knocked several my neighbors' door, and finally one lady is at home. She helped me check internet, and called a locksmith----RunLocal Locksmith, a New York business running lock smith nationally.

The website says $29.95 service fee, and many other words of low cost.

When the locksmith came, he first used some oil and my key opened the lock. Then he said that my lock was broken, and I need a new lock. It is around 9pm Saturday night, and if I did not do that, I bet he would either left my door no lock, or he would just rob me. Anyway, he changed lock, and charged me $380 total for coming onsite, opening the door, and changing the lock.

I dared not to argue with him too much, because again it is dark and the guy is like a big-tower to me. So I paid this money and let him go.

After he left, I read the receipt, and could not find any information of the local business--it is just a piece of paper with the amount of money list there.

I felt I was just robbed.

I then checked internet, and found many many bad reviews of this business. Basically, they are just scammers.

I felt very unsafe with the new lock, what if they came back to really rob. So, I finally went to Home Depot and bought a new lock and put it on the second day.

• Na
    Nate L. Aug 12, 2009

I was locked out from my shop this afternoon. It was 96' outside, and the locksmith was no show. Nor a courtesy call why he was running late either.

A friend of mine came by and was able to pop the door with a Swiss Army Knife. Dont' ask me how he did it.

As soon as I got in, the locksmith called me. He was calling from the opposite side of building, in front of some drug store. That is not even where we agreed to meet. I told him he was a little late for the job.

He went berserk and screamed that I owe him for his trip. Hmm ... Commandable, but not with that kind of attitude. Besides, if someone screams at me like that he or she better be signing my paycheck.

When the locksmith called me back second time, he said I still need to sign some mysterious paperwork. MYSTERIOUS PAPERWORK. I told him "NO-OHHH". After that he threatened me to call the police. I said "Oh yeah? The number is ... 9 1 1".

10 minutes passed. A woman claiming to be a supervisor called. The call came from 727 area code. According to some websites, it is an area code in Florida. Well ... I live in California.

Anyway, she demanded for my credit card number up front. Just like the locksmith, she was talking through her ###. For about 10 minutes or so, we screamed at each other over the phone and hung up.

A friend of mine (not the amateur locksmith) told me that I have no legal liability to pay up these people. HOWEVER, if he was in my shoes, he would give some money to the locksmith for his time and trouble.

No liability eh??? Well ... I knew that. Then, did I win???

How come I still feel like how I felt after I cheated on the history exam in my freshman year in college.

For those who have been cheated by those unscrupulous locksmiths, I am truly sorry for your losses. I guess I was just lucky today. Also I am very fortunate to have friends like mine.

Well ... Thanks for reading my story.

Nate

viktor8 Aug 17, 2009

This is a scam they scam people for money

viktor8 Aug 17, 2009

This not a real locksmith company the are a fraud. Most of them are Israelis who are illegal in this country and have no paper and specially a locksmith license. A real locksmith can pick and open almost every door. My wife got lock out and she called this company they said will open for <$29> funny that what the say, and then tell you it’s not true $29 it’s a service call you misunderstood ok no problem the guy came he was Israeli talking on the phone very loud in Hebrew I believe and acts like he is a big shot locksmith and when he saw a deadbolt (a medium security) he start telling stories that he have drill because it’s a deadbolt and it will $275 + $29 and if I pay cash a big break its coming NO TAXES xe xe funny {“A professional locksmith can PICK any lock exceptions could be give < to multilocks and heavily duty MEDECO locks} we are not stupid my wife said hold on she called me and I told her tell him to go to hell and called a friend whose friend a real locksmith who has a license. Mean while the Israeli guy trying to scare my wife by asking her money for the service call do you know what my wife she said hold on she called the police those “A big shot phony locksmith start running like rabbit” When the real locksmith came he open the lock with in 5 min by picking the lock and he ask $75 only. I know today its hard to find a real locksmith because the scam locksmith mess the phone system you will call to 20 places you will end up to same call center go out find your local hardware store meet face to face with the locksmith and get his number the best advise . I know one thing they didn’t fooled us.
    I wonder what our authority is thinking and not doing anything? If FBI or IRS will just pay a little attention they will find out that they pay no taxes the all illegal in this country the have no license and papers, and most of the have no knowledge it’s a crime they advertize in 30 or 40 state by giving phony advertize lying to the customers now imagine how many people get scammed they shoed be prosecuted and putted in jail

• So
    someone angry Aug 17, 2009

NEVER NEVER use this company!!! Whoever runs this company should be locked himself in the jail. This was almost a joke when I told my experience with this company to my friends.

At night of 7/4/2009, my wife and I were locked out from our home unfortunately. We went to one of our neighbor’s homes and found Runlocal Locksmith on internet. Their website was certainly brought our attention on 15 minutes response and 24/7 service. The service fee is only $29. I placed a call to the company at 1-800_686-3088 around 11:30pm. The operator seemed to be nice and helpful. However, she cannot provide me an estimate on the costs. She said, the technician on duty will provide this information to us once he gets to our house. A few minutes later, I got a call on my cell phone. It was called by one of their technicians. The area code on the phone number was from another city, which is 50 miles away from our house. When I asked him, he told me that he is local and only 15 or 20 minutes away. However, he had a hard time to find my address on his GPS. I had to tell him the detail directions. After an hour and an half, the technician finally arrived at my home with another woman sitting next to him. He told me he could not find my address on his GPS. That's why he was late. It was almost 1:00am in the morning. He started working on the two locks on my basement door right away without providing any estimate on the cost. After about 20 minutes, he broke the locks and opened the door. Then, he asked me whether I want to replace one lock or two locks on $89 each. I said, just one lock on the top. The lock has been replaced. Everything went back to normal in less than 30 minutes. It seems to be great. I expressed my thankful to him when walked back to his car. When he gave me the receipt, I was shocked by the total cost on this service, which was $440.50. It was broke down by the following separated charges:

Service call $55
    ___________________________
    Total $413
    Taxes $27.50
    Grant Total $440.50

I asked him why the cost is so much. He replied, because it is a holiday. I didn’t want to argue with him as it was almost 2:00am in the morning. My wife and I were so tired and no energy left for anything.

We have been calling and complainting this company since the next day (7/5), but nothing has been resolved. You cannot even find their busness address. I have been told by their employee that he or her can be fired if telling me the address. Is this a registered legal company in USA or what?

• Mb
    mberk Aug 17, 2009

This company is a load of crap. I have to keep it brief b/c it's so late and I just got into my house. I locked myself out of my house from my screen door. the guy who came out could not pick the lock so he said he had to to break it. After several unsuccessful attempts of breaking the lock he had to call someone for advice. What professional locksmith do you know has to call some one for advice to break a lock?

After that he tried to use some sort of air bag compressor and I was deathly afraid he was going to break my screen door. Then he claimed he had to completely take the lock off and that would take a long time. A long time? It's already an hour and 15 minutes later and you still haven't gotten in.

To my frustration I found a ladder, climbed on my roof, found an open window and crawled in. Wonderful, right! Not! He then tried to charge me the service, for breaking my lock and replacing the lock. You didn't even get me into my house, which is the service I asked you for, then you want to charge me? I told him I would pay him the service charge or $29 and no more. He insisted that he could come back tomorrow and replace the lock for $110. Why would I pay you to replace my lock and you couldn't even break it to get me in? After he left, the service then tried to call me to find out what happened. I told them he couldn't get me in, I climbed in my window and I only payed for the service charge. I do not want him coming back tomorrow to fix anything and if he does, I will call the police.

The craziest thing about this whole scenario is that guy was foreign, arrived in his own vehicle, used his own cell phone, and was wearing street clothes. He could have been a crazy ex-convict breaking into my home (albeit not a good one since essentially he didn't... maybe that's how he got caught and became an ex-convict). Sorry I digress... anyway, I am now left with a broken lock that I will have to replace at my own cost ($60 -$90), paid for a service that was not provided ($29) and still can not open my door b/c the idiot that calls himself a locksmith broke it. This whole situation was priceless. Note to self: never use a service with an 800 number. Lesson learned.

• De
    Denisa Aug 19, 2009

RUN LOCAL LOCKSMITH IS THE BEST LOCKSMITH COMPANY IN THE USA!!! EVERYONE SHOULD USE THEM...

viktor8 Aug 21, 2009

They are not even a locksmith company, they are scammers and fool innocent people for money. If there is anyone who writes positive things about this company they probably work for this phony locksmith don’t be fooled. Where is Michigan authority why they won’t do anything? Where does the taxpayer’s money go? I ask people to join me to put those criminals to justice. This is our country don’t let an illegal foreigners fool you and rob you

• Do
    DonovanMichael Sep 04, 2009

I called the 800 number and the lady on the phone was super polite. She explained to me that it would be a service fee of $29 plus a minimum of 45 dollars for labor to open my car. I was in Miami and she told me the guy would be calling me shortly to tell me he was on his way and not even a minute after I hung up with her I got a phone call from a guy with an accent saying he would be with me in 10 minutes. He arrived about 30 minutes later, which was no big deal. He kept in touch with me the whole time and even showed me the speeding ticket he got on his way over to me. Once he got there, he had my car open in no time and he only charged me $55 dollars total for everything.

I will recommend them to everyone.

Also, to that Viktor guy, just because you got ripped off doesn't mean every foreigner is going to rob you. I mean come on. Bigotry never solved anything, you might as well don a bedsheet and declare yourself a "###-hater" while you're at it. People like you make me sick.

• Am
    AmaAnne Sep 18, 2009

How I wish I had read this before I called Runlocksmith...I was told about the $29 service call charge, and that it would cost from $129 up to fix the ignition lock in my car...I never got a call for a quote, just a call that my car was fixed and it would cost me $411! I called the company and got a "sorry about that." CROOKS!

• Cr
    Craig6 Oct 02, 2009

I am a Real locksmith in Atl. Ga. We have a real big problem with this in Atl. A good warning sign is the 1-800#. Another thing you sould do is ask to see there business license before you let them work.

• Ju
    Jung Kim Oct 12, 2009

Please call other place!! The service feel was $29 plus $140 to open unlocked door plus tax!!! I paid almost 200dollars!!
    Then, by the time I paid 200dollers, then he asked me for tips!!!
    Never Ever call them!! I couldn't believe that they are still in business with such a fake advertisement!!

• To
    Todd DeBacker Oct 16, 2009

I just had Run Local Locksmith leave and now I am very upet, I wish I had found this before. I just googled Atlanta Locksmith and it came up, I figured most would be about the same and this one said they would be out there quick. I had lost the key to the condo mailbox and just needed them to change the lock on it. They arrived within 25 minutes which was impressive, even though the quoted time is 15 minutes. The guy showed up knowing what he was talking about and quickly drilled out the old lock and then put in a new one, all said and done about 20 minutes. I thank him and then he pulls out his receipt book and starts marking down the different charges.

Service Call - $29
    LockOut/Mailbox - $50
    New Mail Box Lock - $45
    Remove and Installation - $39

I had expected to pay the $29 plus probably another $40 for labor and $10 for an overpriced lock, but wow. $172.78 after tax, for literally 20 minutes of work.

I immediately called this company to ask what the typical price for something like this is before telling them what I ended up paying. The lady on the phone has no idea what is going on and then I ask to speak with a manager or someone who may actually be able to help me with my complaint. She says call Monday around 10 or 11 and ask for Juan. Really, this is the message I get, call back after the weekend at a random time and ask for a guy named Juan. Juan is the only one who knows these charges? Is it just make it up as you go for the technicians then? I'd like to see a price list of typical locksmith applications.

I don't know what to do, I know that I will probably not get any money back from this, and I was just scammed badly. I feel bad that people are out calling this place right now.

Buyers Beware. You will be SCAMMED!

• Jm
    jmdaily1 Oct 17, 2009

Vikto8 you say they are the BEST LOCKSMITH COMPANY IN THE USA, you must work for them and do you must collect the 29.00 ...

samie_zoe Dec 22, 2009

I called this company on December 17, 2009, only because I tried other numbers and they were either diconnected or not in my area. I was told the Service fee of $29.00 pluse the fee for the locksmith to provide his services. I asked what the average price was for something like this and she advised me that it was at the discretion of the tech and what he felt the fee should be. Um...excuse me?!?! What is that? Because i was in a hurry and needed something done so I would not be late for work, I said okay. They said the tech would be calling me shortly to let me know the expected arrival time. 15 minutes later the tech calls and told me it would be about half an hour before he would be at my house. He shows up an hour later and is there for a matter of 10 minutes and had my door open and keys in my hand. I was so happy that they were able to do this for me. I ask what the total is and he states $150.00. I about peed in my pants when he told me that. I was expecting something around $75.00.

I called around to find out the average cost for something like I needed - $75.00. So, I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Atlanta, GA. Hope they get put out of business. Not right to charge somebody more then double, in my case, then other locksmiths.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! CALL AAA!

• Ka
    Kahlen Feb 04, 2010

(This is in Honolulu Hawaii)
    So, of course I lock my keys in my car. Call my mom in Va. and ask her to look online for a locksmith. She finds these guys, so she texts me the number and I call it. The website, as well as the number online says $29 service charge, and that the person helping me will call me in just a minute. He calls, and tells me he is on his way and will be there in just a minute. It takes him about an hour to arrive, which would have been fine, if I didn't have my child with me. He calls me when he arrives, finds me, fills everything out, has me sign, and then unlocks my car. Altogether the total cost of this is $220 for 2 minutes of labor. The breakdown? $39 service charge, and $160 for labor, (I think that it's for labor at least, can't even read what he wrote for that part...) and then $20 for tax.

Upon further inspection, at the top of the receipt it even says $29 service charge, when he charged me $39. The number at the top is [protected], but the 61 has been scratched out, with no number to replace it. The website on the receipt and the website the number I called was found on are two completely websites. When I told him I have never heard of this being so much, he told me he worked with the company for 2 years, and those were their prices. So be on the look out for a brown haired Fabio look alike in a beat up gold 4runner looking vehicle trying to scam you. I do not believe this is the real company.

• Fr
    fred Feb 11, 2010

I have heard that this company is supposed to be dependable lock inc.

joebobcol Feb 15, 2010

Just used this company last night in a situation where car was running with key locked inside. I found them on the web and couldn't believe that $29 turned into 132.96. When I called I was treated very rudely by someone named Christie and told, like everyone else that I needed to talk to "Juan" on Monday around 10. I was never informed that there would be ANY additional charge. I think we should all call for Juan every 5 minutes and jam their phone lines so that no one else can get scammed for awhile. Anyway, I have contacted my local news station as they have an investigative team that looks into scams like these and warns viewers about them. Any one who has been scammed by this so called company should do more than just complain here on this website. Call someone who can do something about it.

• Li
    livesmall Jun 11, 2010

I called them in Indianapolis, they said someone would show up in a half hour. An hour went by, I called, a woman told me the technician wasn't coming by and told me to call in a week or so. Completely unreliable for a locksmith. It says 24 hours on call. Then a man with a calming voice called me and frankly stated we'll call you don't call us.
    I gave this company my address and phone number ! I would say a dose a paranoia is at hand. The police should know about this.

• Sz
    SZ405 Aug 07, 2010

I just got scammed today by this company. I locked myself out of my house around noon time. Called my cousin to look up a locksmith number. She googled a local listing and gave me a few numbers, I called the companies and they all gave me estimates for around 60-80 dollars. I decided to go with RUN LOCAL LOCKSMITH since they had given me the best deal of $19.00 for the service, if I did not use the service then the charge will be $29.00 plus $35 for the lock.

The guy arrived almost 45 minutes late. When he came, he checked the locks and told me these locks are high security locks very hard to get into. I asked him if he can or cannot do the job, he told me he can and he would drill the old lock and put in a new one before he gave me the price he made me fill out this paper work and demand that I sign before he starts the work.. I was in such terrible heat outside and ready to go in, I went ahead and signed the form (in pictures below). He took out a drill machine and starts to drill as soon as he told me the price of 150. I told him this is a very high price, before I can finish talking, he had already started to drill away. I asked him what kind of lock are you installing that is so high priced, he told me its ONLY $150 for drilling you have to pay extra for the lock, I was shocked!!!

Once he was finished drilling (took him harldy 1 mintue) he let me in the house and told me he will be back. He came back with the reciept telling me its 150, and would not hand me the reciept till I didn't pay him. I had to call a friend to lend me the extra cash, so when that friend came the guy went up to the friend n took rest of the money. He basically was given $200, he came back to the door and gave me the recipet along with $14 dollars worth of change with a grand total written of 197.54 cents on the reciept. I told him this is not correct change what are you charging me this much for, you didn't even install a lock? He told me if I disagree then I should contact the company. I asked for his name and he hessitated to tell me "Georgio" he had no JOB ID or nothing. I told him I am dialing the head office please wait, you are ripping me off. Instead of waiting, he started to walk away...I shouted for him (politely) and he mumbled something under his breath got into his car and drove off! Mind you that his van had no company name or logo and he was wearing a black t-shirt that said LOCAL LOCKSMITH, no name tag nothing. He just drove off!

This guy was very rude to me from the moment he arrived. I tried getting in touch with the head office, they basically made me go in circles for a few hours making me call back n forth. They did not even know what the guy's name was nor did they try to help me out. The lady finally told me she will send someone to change my lock and replace it free of charge. I told her you need to do that plus I demand my money back for all the hassel they put me through! Meanwhile, I recieve a harrassing call on my cell from the same gerogio guy, accusing me of lying and telling me" if you call the head office they will not believe you bc I already called them and told them the truth..." ke kept yelling and screaming at me, I told him I don't want him to call me back I will deal this with the head office and hung up on him! I waited almost 2 hours for this new guy to come and change the lock and heve never showed up!

I am left here at night time in my house without a working door knob/lock, since they drilled through it. I am frightened to be in my own home and frightened to sleep, scared this harrassing georgio technician might show up!

I got scammed, harrassed, and disrespected by this company and it's technician! I am going to be putting a complaint with the local court here along with a police report Monday morning demanding my money back!

Meanwhile I have called the officer on duty to do rounds around my house for the next few nights!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES OF THIS COMPANY IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!!

I am attaching pictures of the reciept and the door knob.

• He
    herndon worldgate Aug 29, 2010

These guyz say $19 service fee, but rest is yet to come and will be an unbearable amount. I had my honda accord locked up with keys inside the car, they showed up after 40 min and gave a estimate of 200 $ including 19$, the guy claims himself a professional!!! is he doing a toughest ever job on the earth, where there would be a million dollar impact? comeon dude charge additional 50 $ over $19 service charge, since its an emergency, why dont you tell the amount before you comedown to my house, you're stealing the money from the people these guys are not lock smithers they're dollar smithers. I suggest everyone to be away from these guyz... I then called 911 to open up my car they came in less then 5 min and opened it in no time, yes Police does take your signature for noobjection just in case if there happens to be a damage after he opens it, but there was no damage to my car. CALL 911 and get the job done.

• Johanna Taylor Oct 04, 2010

Hi folks,

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website.

Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise.

I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]

• Johanna Taylor Oct 04, 2010

Hi,

People talking so negative I believe is the competitors company work . This does not seem to be the case with Run Local Locksmith they have been wonderful in delivering the services.

I think they are the best for services.

• Roxy Rosy Oct 05, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

• Roxy Rosy Oct 05, 2010

Mr Angry Dawg,

I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.

They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

I hope Mr.Angry Dawg that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day.

Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

• Me
    Melinda Black Oct 09, 2010

Contacted them at 5:15pm on tuesday 10-5-10 to have my trunk opened and their web site states 15 min response time. Asked them on the phone if they could open the trunk and was told yes either they would make a new key or break it and I would have to pay to replace it. I was fine with that. I did not recieve a call from the tech in route until alittle after 7pm and was told he was about 45 mins out from me I said ok. He called back again asking if I still needed the service about 30 mins later I said yes. He then called back again about 15 mins later to tell me prices of $19 service charge and $49 to open the car and I told him that was fine. The tech then showed up about 9:30pm and asked me if I had a trunk release button an I told him no I needed the trunk open directly. He then had me fill out paperwork as he opened my car door. I asked him if he was going to open the trunk and he informed me he "can't open the trunk". I asked about having a key made an he said he did not have the machine to cut keys. He informed me to go through the back seat into the trunk. Then he told me the price of $108 was the total and insisted on cash but I only had $60 in cash so he took that and put $48 on my credit card. Said the lock out fee was $89. I then called Run local on the phone and asked why they sent a tech that can not open my trunk when thats what I asked for and they told me to call back in the morning and talk to Juan. I called that next morning 10-6-10 around 9:30am and explained to Juan what happened and he informed me that he had to look into it and give me a call back. Juan said it would take a few hours atleast. I did not recieve a call back that day so I called again the next morning and was told Juan was out of the office an left a message but he did not return my call. Called for Juan again the next afternoon 10-8-10 and asked for Juan the guy that answered the phone was giggling and put me on hold but Juan picked up shortly after. I told him my name and asked if he had looked into my issue yet and he acted as if I had never called him before and asked my info again like service address and what I had requested. He pulled it up and saw his notes on our conversation but then gave me the same line again about looking into it and he would give me a call back. I have not heard from him. I paid the tech the money only because I did not want a confutation. I am alone here with my infant with my husband overseas.

• John. A. Simmer Oct 15, 2010

I have heard that they are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then .

• Pe
    peacekeeper2 Oct 18, 2010

This company has all Israeli workers who self-admittedly are not licensed and learn as they go without assistance or apprenticeship. Angrydawgs story was told to me. I know for a fact they destroyed cars learning. They are rude and obnoxious also. They fight very easily. Make a report to the Illinois attorney general and if they did not give real names which they never do since they use fake American names make sure you have this looked into also. The license numbers they put on thier papers are false. Don't be fooled. Yes, get triple A gold membership and you are set. A lockout will not cost anything and you can have them come four times. The price you pay for better membership is cheaper then one time with this locksmith. It is worth it to have people who are licensed and won't damage your car permanently which you will pay for dearly in the thousands.

• Roxy Rosy Oct 19, 2010

I have used services of Run Local Locksmith . They are best in offering Locksmith services and are best in the area. They are a large organization with many branches across USA and other regions.

The service cost is $19 for the technician visit plus the charges of the services being offered levy.

The key duplication services, lock repair services etc are provided at reasonable cost.

I hope such things don't happen with you again . However call them when you need locksmiths the most. Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with Johanna Taylor in saying that the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. I got my Attic and the Garage part repaired from them.They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

• Roxy Rosy Oct 19, 2010

• Pe
    peacekeeper2 Oct 19, 2010

Roxy is getting the female "services" discount. Yes, they are lecherous and despisable in picking up women in their homes. They give women lower prices and firt and let them know they are giving them a deal.

The important thing is they are not licensed and working without supervision and have damaged cars and have made many errors. They always take 45 minutes to an hour to arrive. They also do not fix the damge to the cars and are not insured for claims. They know when they make the errors but do not guarantee their work of insure damages.

• Aaron Rodgerss Oct 22, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is a certified licensee of the TRUSTe® Site Services Program. The privacy statement and practices of www.run-local-locksmith.com have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with our strict program requirements. We offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. We charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. We have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. We offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. We are a Member of the Associated Locksmiths of America

• Do
    Donna Oct 31, 2010

who ever rights positive things about this company probably working for them trust me