Run Local LocksmithIllegal Business

A

Based on a horrifying experience, this national business uses false advertising and carries misleading charges. They claim that the locksmith services start at $29 but don't write that this fee is just for the technician reporting to the site alone. Additional charges apply making a minimum total charge amount at $125. They also claim that a technician will be at the site within 15 minutes of the call. This is inaccurate when the technician actually called within 15 minutes of the call, lied about the estimated time of arrival, and then showed up nearly two hours after the initial call! On top of that, the technician was rude, threatening and violent. Anyone requiring locksmith services should be highly warned to stay away from this company and use a real locally advertised locksmith.

• Js
    jsvse Mar 02, 2013

To whom it may concern,
    RUN LOCAL LOCKSMITH
    Friday, March 1st, my mother locked her keys in her car. Not the first time. However, she was visiting Texas from South Dakota, so not familiar with a local locksmith. I looked online and found their website. After calling and asking for a price, she was told they would determine it when they got here. Online, they say starting price is $35. I was extremely uneasy when an old beat up car showed up in my drive way with a man (SAMUEL) that had absolutely no identifying marks to show that he worked with this company. He then wrote out a price quote for $140.00!!! With no indication as to why it was so much more than the price of $35. After indicating we had already called a few other lock smiths with no price near $140.00, he finally came down to $65.00. This is absolutely outrageous and as far as I'm concerned, a scam!! If your going to charge $140.00 for a simple unlock job, than that needs to be indicated, instead of leading people to believe its going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $35. Something needs to be done!
    Complete SCAM DON"T USE THIS COMPANY

• Yc
    Y.C. Feb 05, 2013

It's such a nightmare to call this company - what a scam - Runlocal Lock Smith Inc

I got locked out last weekend, and I online searched this company which is on the first top list in Yahoo. I called and was told the price that $15 for the service call, and $35 or up for the lockout service. I checked to the operator very carefully that how much to charge for one regular front door lock, and I be told that's started from $35. I said plus $15 dollar that would turn to $50 - Which is make sense. Meanwhile I did call another locksmith to get the price check which charge fixed price $60.

As the Run Local Locksmith $10 cheaper than another, i had them to come over. The operator told me I would receive a call back in 15 min from a technician, and when the technician called (area code 202 MI) he said he would be my place within 30min.

45 min later, finally the technician was here, but not the one who called me! Anyway, he checked the lock, and started to say something like " O... your lock is difficult to open, you want to damage the lock, or you want to keep the lock?" and i asked what could you do for $50 dollars? He said nothing, and told me to paid $185 for the open lock service, and he even showed me couple invoices that other people had paid the $185 too!! I checked to him if any big favor he could do, and he said he would give me another $5 discount which's total $180. IT'S TOO MUCH TO CALL FOR THE LOCKSMITH!!! He said without this price, he couldn't open up my lock!!

Then I called another Locksmith who charge fixed price $60 to come over. After I hung up the call, the Technician said he could do it in $50 dollar by his own but not report to the company, and started to said he would even waive me the service call fee $15. What I pay for him just $50! I refused since this company and the guy are not honest at all. The Tech. kept bugging me don't pay for $75 for the locksmith - how ridiculous that he forgot he tried to charge me for $180!! At the end, he charged $15 for the service call fee, and I asked him leave!

That's very bad to have this business serve around! SUCH A SCAM COMPANY!! As you know, when you call a locksmith for sure you need the service right away! And what this business does that is fishing first in cheaper price than others, delay service (wait for over 45min), and catch the fish as the client wait for over than the patient period so when the guy comes, most people will pay for the over charged price!

• Yv
    Yvonne D. Benjamin Dec 26, 2012

I was leaving work and HAD my car keys in my hand but for some reason neither of the locks would turn. (I am thinking electrical problem). Went back inside work for a phone book to call local locksmith, no phone book. My co-worker said no problem I'll GOOGLE. She said here is one and it says $19.00 to get into your car. So I call and explain the problem asked for a quote, was told $15 service call and it starts at $35 depending on the what they actually need to do when they get there. Received a call back from a tech who informed me he was about an hour away. When he got there he spent almost 25 minutes trying to get into my car. He called technical help 2 times saying he had never experienced anything like this before, He NEVER received a call back. Finally he said "What are the black buttons near the door handles ?" I said, "They are the lock and unlock buttons. Why, you haven't tried them yet?" He said NO!!! I told him I couldn['t believe that wouldn't have been the first thing he did. He hits the unlock button and GUESS WHAT IT OPENED!!! Now I ask him how much I owe and he says $119.00... I was flabbergasted and showed him what I was told. He got SMART with me and said he had to include the time it took him to get to me and back home... I said I would have NEVER called the company if I had not thought it was local. Anyways, I paid him and I was so mad I was actually crying. Got home, called the number to the main office only to find out it was in another state!!! Asked why I was quoted $35 and was told that price is to get into a piece of LUGGAGE, CABINET or DOOR!!! HELLO, I was asking about a CAR!!! Demanded to speak to a supervisor, talked to someone else with the same dumb-### excuses, SO demanded to speak with her supervisor and was told she could not give me their name or even anyway to get a hold of them... Basically at this point I PITCHED A FIT and was connected to Tolbert who gave me Juan's info but told me he wouldn't be in the office until Wed. This morning I got on the Internet and read ALL the SCAM ALERTS about this company and YUP I WAS SCAMED ALL RIGHT. I am not done with this yet!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO THROW YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AWAY!!!

• Sc
    Scammed in Las Vegas Aug 10, 2012

MENI AGABABAYEV IS THE CRIMINAL WHO RUNS THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION. His partners are STEVE PAPO and CARMEN AMIS. His address is: Meni Agababayev
    26636 Van [censored] Ave
    Center Line, MI 48015
    Send him something special in the mail or visit him.

• Sn
    snoopoy Jul 10, 2012

Run Local Locksmith in Ontario, CA did the same to me. They agreed a charge of $50 max, be at the site within 25mins. Someone came about 1.5 hours later and told me the fee is $150-$200 to open the lock. We don't want his service, he said he need to charge $15 for to come out. The worst thing is that the superior call me to make a deal for $75. I trusted him and gave him my credit card # for charge $75. He turn around and told me they can't do it but still charge me $15. What a kind of company are they? It's a scam

• Jp
    jpc4mopar Feb 04, 2012

Run Local Locksmith is an internet-based call center operating from Michigan... They utilize Bait and Switch to rip you off... $15 service fee is followed by Extortion labor fees charged by an illegal-visa Israeli who will threaten and intimidate you into paying hundreds !!! 15 min response time, yeah right... 15 min for a "tech" to call, followed by hours of waiting to arrive because they are NOT LOCAL !!! Do your homework... read the complaint boards, blogs, postings, and watch all the videos on You Tube... These guys are CROOKS funded by an Israeli with deep pockets and they plan to get into yours !!! Don't be fooled by all the positive postings that are put there by their employees to mask the truth... If you need a local locksmith who will treat you fairly, ethically, and LEGALLY, then make sure they have a Valid address in your local area... Toll free number to call is a dead give-a-way as well as the "tech" calling you having an out of area phone number !!! DON'T BE THEIR NEXT VICTIM... They have ripped off people for the last 5 years all over the U.S.!!!

• Bu
    Bubba Jones Nov 30, 2011

The “Run Local Locksmith” company should be avoided at all costs. Most if not all of the positive reviews are put out by the company themselves.

My son had locked himself out of our house and he ended up calling this company. They advertised their services for $15. However, when they got to our house the locksmith did not know how to use his key kit and ended up drilling out our core, but before doing so told our son he would need $90 in advance. They (my son and his friends) only had $30. The “locksmith” took what they had and told them not to tell anyone. After he drilled the core out he charged him another $169.

After doing some research on this company I discovered that they are part of an organization called “Israeli Locksmith Mafia.” ABC did a story on them back in 2007. (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2007/07/the-locksmith-m/ ).

I also looked up the phone number on the receipt [protected]) and found it belonged to Meni Agababayev. When you look up his name in Google you will get many positive reviews. The reason being he put them there. If you look at the sites, most of them are his. He understands how the Internet works and is using it to his advantage. He makes sure that for every bad review there are considerably more positive reviews.

If you find yourself in need of a locksmith do not use this company. Find someone who will give you a quote over the phone. The price from a legitimate company should be between $60 to $100 with no extra fees after they get there.

• Ra
    ramesmichal Nov 17, 2011

Phoneix locksmith successfully installs the ultra-modern security system

I was planning to open a Jewelry showroom and was planning the use of ultra-modern security system to ensure that safety of material and people could be maintained. While selecting the system was not difficult, find the right Phoenix locksmith company who could install this was not easy. After giving the chance to a few companies, it was the Run Local Locksmith who could do it without any hitch. I must say it was sheer experience and ingrained training at display.

fred Nov 07, 2011

In adition to the bbb complaint file a complaint with your states attorney general. Any legitimate locksmith that is worth his salt can pretty much give you an exact price on the telephone. These guys have a call center in the state of michigan just outside of detroit. It seems to be an international organized crime ring from Israel. They are all over parts of the world and are operating in just about every average city in the U.S.

A real locksmith.

You can Google ABC News And the word locksmith and watch a Good Morning America video about this scam. You can also google Locksmith scams, ripoffs, overcharge etc and see stories all around the nation about Identical stories. They have even been posting comments here that praise themselves in an attempt to hide the complaints

Please file complaint with state attorney general and even contact your local news and police as they are doing this to a thousand people a day around the countryy, and many dont take the time to file a complaint which hides the severity of what they are doing.

jammyparasar Nov 07, 2011

Locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith Company saves lives, wins Mall contract

It seemed like hell when we were left stranded in a malfunctioning elevator of a mall in Bronx. We were about 15 people and there was the fire alarm which suddenly went off and the locks of the elevator got jammed. It was for the expertise of the locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith company who prevented us from dyeing of suffocation. After, the incident, the mall gave the contract to the Run Local to maintenance and upkeep of all security systems. And, they are doing a pretty good job.

• Do
    Dodj Aug 29, 2011

Today, we got locked out from our car. So we called the company and asked them to come they said they would be there in 15 mins. Made us wait for LITERALLY 4 hours No Joke. And they never came!!! Worst experience ive ever encountered. I highly recommend to never try that company!!!

• Ro
    rombyjacksman Aug 23, 2011

Best Sacramento locksmith Services

We called Locksmith Sacramento at 6:00 in the evening of a rainy Saturday after I found the door-lock of my entrance jammed. I got a quick response within 10 minutes and they came within half an hour. The price was exactly what the operator had quoted. I was extremely satisfied by their professional attitude.

• Re
    renusdesuja Jul 01, 2011

Run Local Locksmith helps to save my life

I never had such a fearsome day in my life like the one which I witnessed in the shopping mall. I got struck up in the elevator along with some ten other people for about one hour. The door of the lift got jammed. The attendant locksmith of the lift was on leave that day. Therefore the local locksmiths were called to perform the operations. Some initial calls were not responded to. But, Run Local Locksmith took the call quickly and sent off the person who reached us well in time. Had it not been for his efficient and focussed work, we would have suffocated inside the elevator.

• Mi
    michaljoe Jun 21, 2011

Thanks for your efficient and kind services Run Local Locksmith

My house door got jammed and I had no other door keys to open from. I had no other alternative than just waiting outside for some help. But, then my neighbors gave me the number of Run Local Locksmith services, and, I got relieved when they got my door house opened. Thanks for your efficient and kind services.

johnchristry Jun 06, 2011

Run local locksmith provides reasonably priced service

This locksmith company busted my long held belief that locksmiths are opportunists and the meanest of all. The locksmith came with all his tools and lock picks for attending to the lock of my safe made of stainless steel. Arrival was timely, in about 25 minutes of making the call. He was polite, courteous, told me clearly that it was only about 20-30 minute work and also told the charges along with it. He did not make a tall order of the work to extract more money from me…very reasonable in charging for services.

• Le
    Lee Jun 05, 2011

Home > Business News from The Birmingham News
    Yelp reviews of Alabama locksmiths don't add up
    Published: Thursday, June 02, 2011, 5:50 AM
    By Stan Diel -- The Birmingham News The Birmingham News
    Locksmiths can definitely help with your lock-and-key woes, but beware of online reviews. (The Birmingham News file)
    BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- There may be no better place on Earth than Alabama to get locked out of your car, if glowing reviews of area locksmiths posted on a consumer review website recently are to be believed.
    A total of at least 84 positive reviews of Alabama locksmiths have been posted on Yelp.com in the past week. The Alabama reviews were posted in large, almost simultaneous batches. They seem to follow the same scripts and include the same misspellings and some idioms and syntax not rooted in American English. And many of the locksmith companies identified in the reviews don't seem to actually exist.
    The Alabama phone numbers listed in the reviews ring through to a Michigan company called Run Local Locksmith. That company, mentioned by name in a handful of the reviews, takes phone calls nationwide and refers callers to local locksmiths.
    A man who answered the phone at Run Local Locksmith said he was unaware of any Yelp campaign and said nobody was present who was familiar with the company's advertising or marketing. This flood of suspicious Alabama reviews comes about a week after The New York Times reported on Yelp's ongoing battle with overseas services that will, for a fee, write and post fake reviews. Many fraudulent reviews are posted by people working in India and making $2 to $3 an hour, the Times reported.
    Run Local Locksmith has the Better Business Bureau's lowest rating, an "F, " because BBB attempts to reach the company to address complaints about its advertising were not successful.
    This item was published in The Insider, a weekly column in The Birmingham News Business section.

mariare Jun 02, 2011

I called this company also before reading reviews i wished i had they lie on their website and then they have people come out to your home without id and then they say they only take cash probably again to rip you off and steal from you then they like to cuss at you and look at you like they wanna kill you. Please someone needs to stop them when you write a complaint or whatever they don't like to respond to you!!! DONT EVER USE THEM THEY ARE NOT THE BEST COMPANY IN THE USA SORRY!!!

John Christry May 25, 2011

• Johanna Taylor May 07, 2011

Last night I had gone to a party with my friends. We all went to a night club and were having fun grooving to the music. In this process I somehow dropped the keys to my house in the club itself. When we returned home I realized that I didn't have the keys. One of my friends called Run Local Locksmith. They reached my place in a matter of 20 minutes and unlocked the door for me. I am really happy with the service I received at such a short notice so late in the night.

• To
    Tom loother Apr 29, 2011

I had to call a locksmith from Run Local Company for operating on urgently on my safe lock where my travel documents were kept since I had to board a flight the same day. It was good to see that the person arrived in a van and after showing his license, ID card, telling the price, he was quickly on his way to opening the locks. From the small screws, nuts, bolts and screw drivers, to the latest gas cutting equipment, I could see that the person has come well prepared for meeting my requirements. Without doubt, he opened the lock without any damage to the lock whatsoever. It was good to see extreme professionalism at work. Prices were well deserved as well.

• T2
    T2times99 Apr 25, 2011

Called today because my son locked keys in car. They told me it would be between 15 and 25 minutes for the locksmith to get there. I was told the charge would be $15 and was not told of any other charges. It took one hour and 15 minutes for someone to get there and the charge was $150!!! I called the number back, at that point they told me the service call is $15 and there is an additional charge based on the type of car. I was never told that on the phone.

• Le
    Lee Apr 08, 2011

HOW TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST LOCKSMITH SCAMMERS
    Below are links to various news outlets, consumer protection agencies and state Attorney General offices addressing the issue of locksmith scams. The story is familiar in many states: an out-of-state company hires a number of unscrupulous individuals in the area to sub-contract its work using assumed business names, fake addresses and phone numbers. Many times consumers have been over-sold, under serviced, or just plain lied to!
    The Illinois Attorney General filed criminal charges against a New York locksmith operation for setting up phony storefronts with unlicensed individuals practicing locksmithing that lead consumers to believe they were dealing with local companies. The action was successful, and the company was ordered to pay thousands in restitution, to cease operations and to no longer do business in the state under a new name or any of the 25 different names the company had been using in local telephone directories!
    Associated Locksmiths of America, Inc. (ALOA) encourages locksmiths who are facing this same situation to go to their state's Attorney General who can take the appropriate legal action against these fraudulent companies. ALOA recently sent a letter to all Attorneys General urging them to pursue this matter in their state. To contact your state's Attorney General,
    ALOA is also empowering you to take immediate action when these fraudulent operations show up in your city. Click Here for a Press Release that you may send to your local print and broadcast news media outlets. Make sure you put in the date and the name of your city in the highlighted areas.
    For further assistance, contact ALOA Legislative Manager, Tim McMullen at [protected] x203 or [email protected]

• Tw
    T. Webb - Phila PA Apr 08, 2011

This company is a complete rip-off. They charged my daughter $125 to change a $20 door knob. No, she was not locked out and needed to gain entry then change the door knob, the door knob was broke and needed to be replaced. They sucker you in with a $15 service-charge because they know in the end they can rob you every way but the right way. I will never do business with this company again and recommend to anyone smart enough to research a company prior to doing business with them to save yourself some aggravation because these people are total rip-offs!

• Nm
    nmcelhaney Apr 03, 2011

I will not be using this waste of a service ever again. They had advertised a $15 service fee and listed nowhere on their website did it include the $120 fee for the 30 seconds it took to actually open the car door. The price is completely ridiculous and I could have gotten it done for 45 anywhere else. The website also claims that the locksmith will be there in 15. From the time I initially called, it took 2 hours to get to my location and even he quoted that it would take 15-20. He then said it would be $135 total, and when I said I wasn't going to pay that and I was going to call another service, he said that he wasn't going to allow that, and was hostile towards me. He eventually said that a $15 service fee for driving out there would be acceptable, but that would be a waste of money on my part, so I just paid the $135 and I would not suggest using this in the KCMO region!

• Mr
    Mr.TEA Mar 28, 2011

I called them on Saturday March 26, 2011 to open my Land Rover as I had locked my keys in the car. I was told that they would show up in 20 to 30 min needless to say they showed up in approx 1hr and 20 min. He then proceeded to open the door which took him 4 min. He then told me that would be 180.00 for the job I asked him to explain the charges which he did 15.00 service call and 165.00 to open the door. I had no alternative but to pay him I was stuck. I called the same company on Sunday [protected] and gave them the same problem but this time I told them I was in Roosevel Mall they told me that the service fee was 15.00 and approx 85.00 to open the door. I thought that this was reasonable but not 180.00 These people are scam artists this is legalized Jesse James without a gun . This took place in Westbury N.Y.

• Ke
    kempdx Mar 23, 2011

I believe I was scammed by Run Local Locksmith. I got my key jammed in the drivers side door. The key didn't break off or anything, it just wouldn't budge. I called Run Local because they were one of the first locksmiths listed on my internet search and I was in a hurry to get my car unlocked. The lady on the phone quoted me $15 to get a technician out there and $75 for key extraction.
    The website advertises a 15 minute response time. Well it took the guy 20 minutes to call me to tell me he would be there in 10 mins. He didn't show up until 30 mins later. He showed up in an unmarked white van and I got a shady vibe from him. He took a look at my lock, sprayed some spray in it, wiggled the key with a wrench and it came out within 2 mins. Then he charged me $190. I called the next day (Sunday) to question the charges and I was told to call back on Monday to speak to Juan. I called back Monday to speak with a manager about why I was charged $100 more than I was quoted for 10 mins max of labor. The manager, who was extremely rude and uncaring, said he would call the technician about the breakdown of my services and call me back. Well I waited 2 days and he never called me back. I finally called him back and he said the technician charged me based on what HE thought his labor was worth. This subjective price scale is totally ridiculous. I want to know what exactly this locksmith did in the 2 mins he worked at my lock warrants $100 extra charge. The manager offered no other explanation or anything else on the matter and I am left furious, frustrated and out of $190.

fred Mar 09, 2011

RUN LOCAL IS NOT A REAL LOCKSMITH

THE COMPLAINTS ARE REAL

THE BS STORIES COMPLEMENTING THEM ARE PHONY lOOK AT THE POSTERS WHO POST THEM.

WILL SHOW UP AND WILL JACK THE PRICE. CALL THEM AND ASK WHAT IS THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE PRICE. THEY WONT TELL YOU.

ISRAELI NATIONALS SCAMMING US CITIZENS.

• Sl
    slccitizen Mar 08, 2011

I had pretty much the same experience in Utah. THey were unprofessional, communicated poorly between dispatch and failed to tell me there were additional charges, were pretty much rude from the begining, advertized false charges and whopped an extra $100 on once they arrived. absolutely horrible business practice and customer service. I paid the $15 for the guy to show up and do nothing and sent him away. I had waited an hour for him to get there and then still had to wait for someone else to come that wouldn't scam me.

• Av
    averymiller001 Feb 24, 2011

Run Local Locksmith show remarkably good service

I had to call for a locksmith when the key of the safe-lock of my iron cabinet was lost. I normally use it for keeping important documents and jewelry. I wanted to get the lock opened without any harm to the locking system or things kept inside. At the same time, I also wanted the locksmith to be reliable for that crucial work since it actually meant showing him the way to the safe where my valuable are kept. My friend referred me to the Run Local Locksmith and I asked for their services. The locksmith arrived in the next 30 minutes, a bit late than what was promised. After examining the lock, he told me the price for rekeying the same. That was quite reasonable. After working for about more than an hour, he was able to open the safe, but he desisted from opening it full. Instead, he moved aside and walked away, allowing me to inspect and check for all the belongings. I really appreciate this move and it showed his professionalism and impeccable personal integrity. Frankly, I paid him more than what he had asked for.

• Al
    allierichards18 Feb 17, 2011

Run Local Locksmith is target of malicious campaigning

What is all that crap that I am reading about the Run Local Locksmith Company? I had the chance to use their services myself on one occasion and provided their reference to two of my contacts. There were absolutely no issues with us at all. What is being reported in this forum in unbelievable and I are of the firm opinion that is the doing of some mischief monger who is making use of the internet medium for the malicious campaigning. There was no threatening body language or over charging or misleading us on any front. Rather, we found them to be quite efficient and focused in their work. And, if they do charge a bit extra, with prior information of the same, I do not think that they need to be labeled wrong in the public at all.

• Ak
    akirasimpson23 Feb 12, 2011

Run Local Locksmith provides services in snowy conditions, warms up hearts

I was at my friend’s place, some 50 km away from my home, when it began to snow heavily and, being busy in the party, I forgot that my car is parked outside. When I came to the car to drive back home, I found that the ignition and the transponder keys of the switch of my car was not working. I found the run-local locksmith from my mobile and asked them to send a specialist for the same. I wondered whether any one would be coming in these weather conditions. To my pleasant surprise, he did turn up ion the next 30 minutes and changed the keys for me. Though I still could not go back home, I appreciate the sense of commitment of the locksmiths of the company.

• Je
    jennifermoss38 Feb 08, 2011

Run Local Locksmith verifies me before unlocking the door!!

I called Run Local Locksmith for unbolting the main door of the house. My husband had taken it with him by mistake on his week long trip. The other set was at his office whose key in turn was inside the house. I was quite amazed to find the locksmith ask me to prove that this is my house before he begins to open the locks. Usually, it is the locksmiths who are expected to show their IDs or licenses only. Thankfully, I had the car papers as well as the driving license which proved the same. After opening the lock and taking he apologized for inconvenience and narrated the reasons for asking the same. It is good to see such professionalism by the company for enhanced security. Other companies shall also emulate the same and the customers shall cooperate as well.

• Ge
    geetmaryn Feb 03, 2011

Run Local Locksmith facilitated my Foreign Trip

I had to go abroad on a foreign business trip organized by my company. With crucial company documents and the travel documents along with the passport kept in the safety vault of my cabinet, there couldn’t have been a more secure pace to keep these important documents. To mess up things, I forgot where I had kept the keys to the vault while I was packing at night at 2 AM to catch the flight at 12 noon in morning. After searching for the keys for the next 2 hours, I had to call the Run Local Locksmith company. It was good to have the locksmith within the next 30 minutes and it took him another 30 minutes to finally open the lock by 5AM. I thank them
    for their timely service.

• Ir
    Irish791 Feb 02, 2011

I use to work for this company. The company policy is to lie to the customer. I was fired for making a mistake after being there for only a month. I will be suing.

fred Jan 28, 2011

Question?? Why would a consumer who is happy about run local locksmith go to a website that solicits complaints about bad businesses and post a positive comment. I would think they would post these comments in other places. The fact that all these positive comments are posted here is very suspicious. And if you pay attention you can see this. This company is a scam outfit in my opinion. The positive cooments posted her in my opinion are all fraudulant and lies. They are posted by agents of this organized crime ring.

fred Jan 28, 2011

MONTYCRN IS A PHONY POSTER. He is from India and is a highered POSTER. This company has hired them to put thousands of phony posts trying to make this scam company look good. It is a nationwide Israeli organized crime ring That is Impersonating Locksmiths all over the country. Yhey have untold thousands of these types of posts all over especially YAHOO. If you click on the posters name you can see all of the other locksmiths they post phony good ratings for. Shame on the US government for allowing these foriegn organized crime syndicates to prosper.

• Mo
    montycrn Jan 27, 2011

Run Lock Locksmith saved 13 lives

That a locksmith would be of such a vital help to me was not in my farthest imagination. I have a business of making the automotive parts and the best of access control systems are installed. Due to a short circuit a section caught fire with about 13 people trapped inside. The heavy duty doors went jammed. Coincidentally, a locksmith working in the next factory saw the blazes coming out and came running to our factory along with the owner of the other factory. He showed his ID card and sought permission to open it. In the next ten minutes, the door was opened, much to the relief of everyone. I called his company, Run Local Locksmith and informed and thanked them for the same. We gave him cash reward, not just his costs.

• Br
    Brandon in Fort Worth Jan 11, 2011

December 2010 Fort Worth, Texas
    Unfortunately, I feel compelled to add to the complaints against Run Local Locksmith, although i doubt it'll do much good since criminals do not respect the law and as long as our Texas Atty General allows them to continue to misrepresent their services, take advantage of its citizens, and make millions doing it, they will not change their ways. We had a house sitter staying at our home over the holidays and she accidently locked an interior bathroom door. She had the misfortune of picking Run Local Locksmith off the internet b/c their misleading advertising caused her to think they'd be the fastest and cheapest. The service guy showed up and after damging the interior door for 30 minutes, he said he'd have to go outside and try to get in through the deadbolted exterior door. This is insanity!
    The interior door was a simple, cheap hollow stock door with a single hole lock that can be opened by a 5 yr old with a small screwdriver. Even an unlicensed, untrained novice could have gotten the door open, as later verified by the 2nd locksmith, who had to be called after the criminal from Run Local locksmith got through destroying the outside deadbolt. The idiot tried to drill into the Schlage deadbolt and promptly broke the drill bit off in the lock! At that point, he said he'd done all he could do and he'd have to call someone else in to "finish" the job.
    This was actually a blessing since he evidently called back to the crooks who run this scam business and they called a "real" locksmith, who showed up and was able to open the interior bathroom door by simply slipping a tool around the exposed tongue of the door locking mechanism and popped the door open within a couple of minutes of arriving. However, this poor guy then had to remove the ruined deadbolt that the other [censor] had broken a drill bit off in and replace the expensive locking mechanism with a cheap gold colored version, so at least the door could be locked. Now, the door hardware does not match the other six french doors along the back of the house and due to the fact that the hardware is more than 10 yrs old, I cannot find a matching replacement. The subsequent locksmith was very familiar with these outlaws and he is willing to cooperate with my efforts to try and hold these criminals responsible.
    The good news in all of this is that I am an attorney and I am going to report them to every state agency in Texas, as well as prosecute them for their deceitful way of doing business. I would not take on a case like this if someone were just to call me out of the blue since it will take a lot of my personal time and money to bring these scammers to justice, but since I am the one who they tried to take advantage of, I am willing to do whatever it takes to at least get them in front of a judge and jury. I am sure this will be an expensive lesson for them, assuming they even respond, but it pales in comparison to the millions they are raking in on this scam, so it will not cause them to change the way they do business until our Atty General either puts them out of business and/or makes it too expensive for them to stay in Texas.
    It will also be interesting to see if Run Local Locksmith has complied with state law by having criminal background checks on all service employees before sending them to a private residence. Their advertising also claims all service technicians are licensed/bonded and insured, which I bet is a complete lie since they rely upon unscrupulous independent contractors to do all their work, who, in turn, have to pay a "referral fee" back to Run Local Locksmith for sending them the business. Total phone center, internet scam job! Our poor house sitter, who was just doing us a favor, feels horrible, but she is young and not used to dealing with criminals and people who are solely motivated by greed and money.
    If you have any similar experiences in the Metroplex area (D/FW) with this company and wish to share them with me, I may be able to use them in my lawsuit against these crooks. You can email me at [email protected] Brandon in Fort Worth, Texas

johnbowis Jan 04, 2011

Run Local Locksmith ran to save my life.

I must admit that I received help from a very unlikely source in the most crucial juncture of my life. I got trapped inside my car when it met with the accident. Central locking system got jammed. The people came rushing in but I could not move since leg was struck and it was bleeding. A person from the people who had gathered nearby called a locksmith, who opened the car door and rescued me from inside it. The doctor later told me that I had received a very timely help and more bleeding could have contributed to low blood pressure. The person who called the locksmith told me that the person was from Run Local Locksmith, who literally ran to save my life.

• Ad
    adamHudson Jan 03, 2011

Run local Locksmith saved loss of a work day.

I have taken the services of a locksmith from the Run Local Locksmith Company in the recent past when I had some error in my bio-metric security system. Frankly, I did not believe that I can get it mended in so less a time! I was thinking that the whole day will be lost since the access door for the some of the employees did not open up and they were kept waiting outside until the door was opened by a special locksmith.
    It is quite amazing that the internet resources carry all that trash opposing this company. I think there is some highly disgruntled source behind this vengeance filled conduct of making totally false and baseless complaints against the company.