Royal Caribbean CruisesCancelled cruise due to covid - refusing to refund money

J Jul 21, 2020 Review updated:

Date of incident: 03/20/20 - 03/23/20
Client #: 4599536 & 4604046

ISSUE:
My family booked a cruise to the Bahamas for the week end of 3/20-3/23/2020. On 3/13/2020, I received an email from Pres/CEO Michael Bayley informing us the cruise has been cancelled due to covid pandemic. The email clearly details (2) options
1. Receive full credit
OR
2. receive 125% future credit.
We chose option #1- full credit and received confirmation of our request.

As of today, 7/21/2020, we still have not received full credit.
After numerous phone calls with customer service and conversations with agents, without resolution, we have escalated our complaint to Michael Bayley who has refused to grant our refund. Our complaint has also been escalated to BBB without resolution. The most recent escalation was forwarded via emails (7/7, 7/14 and 7/20) to Richard Fain- Royal Chairman & CEO. Asking for Richard to make an executive decision to give us our refund. As of 7/21/2020, no reply has been received.

We are being ignored by Royal Caribbean and forced to file complaints for justice. It has been over 4 months since the cruise was cancelled, they refuse to give us a refund and cannot deliver the services we paid for today or any specific date in the future due to covid pandemic. We want our refund they promised us.

We do not want future credit.

DESIRED RESOLUTION: 100% refund of cruise cost + excursions + taxes + fees, etc

SandyA Aug 05, 2020

I have the same situation with Royal. They did refund the port charges and taxes, but have refused to refund the amount they designated for a future cruise, even though I supposedly had the full refund option. I was sent the Email advising me of this option and when I called to claim the refund, I hit a brick wall.
    These future cruise credits can only be used toward the price of a new cruise. You cannot use it for onboard credit or towards your gratuities.
    I am very disappointed Royal Caribbean's handling of this situation. I feel that they fooled me into believing that I had the option of a full refund.