Complaints & Reviews

Stop harassing people!

Funny story, not really, which starts about 2 years ago. I started receiving letters in the mail with nothing...

car warranty

This company is a ripoff. My son has a warranty with this company and his car needs to be repaired. He took it to the Audi repair shop and they clearly are saying that the engine needs a cylinder block and cylinder wall. Curtis at Royal is saying that it is normal wear and tear. Charles at the Audi repair is clearly saying it is not wearvand tear. I have contacted a law firm for a class action suit.

refund for cancellation of extended warranty #cfp001585 on 2006 saab 9/3.

M name is Diane Allen, 18611 Sagewood Dr, Dallas, TX 75252. On April 28th 2017 I verbally agreed to purchase an extended warranty on my 2006 Saab 9/3, vin # YS3FD49Y661138538 through Royal Administration Services with Auto Protection 1. I cancelled that contract, # CFP001585, in writing on May 25th. Letter of cancellation was sent to Royal Administration, Auto Protection 1 and PayLink Direct. At that time I had paid the original $180 and the first monthly payment of $180.00 paid to Paylink Direct. I spoke with Lindsey at Royal Administration Services several times and she said my payments would be refunded within 30 to 60 days. It has now been well over the 60 days and I have not received my refund and have had no correspondence from anyone since.

Warranty

My husband and I signed up both of our vehicles with this warranty company in December. First I think they...

Warranty

After selling me a worthless warranty this company wants to put an engine in my car that was in a major accident and have me pay 4800

I was sold a car by San Diego Auto Connection with an extended warranty that is a scam. My engine went bad before my first oil change was even due

I took my car to bmw of San diego I even paid for the tow once I verified bmw of San diego was an approved vendor which they are.

The warranty company Royal Admin had my engine tore down several times to get out of paying the claim and intended to not pay but also pass the costs of the tear down that bmw said was unnecessary and each time bmw told royal Admin the costs associated.

Royal Admin denied my claim initially before I was even due for an oil change and bmw said my oil levels were good

Royal Admin reviews the denial and reverses it slightly once realizing I am in the right only to try to pass the costs of their shady behavior over to me

Royal Admin doesn't care to do the right thing instead they are barely covering the costs the racked up and trying to make me paying close to 5k for an engine that was in a major accident and the car salvaged

angelnikki Nov 13, 2015

It's unbelievable that this company is still in business. I found a website that actually has helped me with contacting the state attorney and a lawyer that will go after them for breach of contract. There web address is http://royaladmin.info Royal Administration Services is a lying and deceitful company I paid hard earned money in good faith and received nothing but false promise in there service.

Extended warranty scam ripoff

Beware of purchasing an auto warranty from CarChex! I purchased an expensive CarChex/Royal Administration...

Non-payment of Extended Warranty

Hi,

I purchased a 1700 extended warranty from what was three years ago People's Auto Insurance, and is not Royal Insurance Group. Not only do very few mechanics accept this type of insurance, but when I found one that did they refused to pay out.
I have a late 90s Ford Mustang, and when my car went into the shop the mechanic told me I needed a horn, instrument cluster, timing chain, gasket covers, a power steering pump and a new rack and pinion. Since the entire instrument cluster, including the odometer, horn, heat gauge, and battery gauge, is damaged, they not only refused to pay for the repairs, they also dropped my policy. Since the instrument cluster was broken, which includes the odometer, horn, battery gauge and oil gauge, they denied the claim because of the broken odometer. The car is a summer car, and my auto insurance only covers 3, 000 miles a year, a number I am far under. However, the damage to the instrument cluster, including the horn and odometer as well as the damage to gaskets and power steering pump was probably missed the first time by my mechanic during his original repairs. The mechanic showed the adjuster that the entire instrument cluster failed, not only the odometer. The insurance company is arguing that I have been driving around in a car with no horn or gauges since my last visit to the garage, which would be absolutely foolish and dangerous to do. They claimed they would send me a letter discussing returning a pro-rated amount of funds corresponding to how much was left on my insurance.There are many loopholes in this policy.

Extended Warranty

I purschased an auto warranty for my Volvo XC90 from Royal Administration Services. After driving to PA for a family vacation my check engine light went on so I brought my Volvo to Karp Volvo to get the truck checked out. I was told by Frank at service that the angle gear in the transmission needed to be replace and the gas cap needed to be replaced. A call was then put into Royal and an inspector/adjustor would come and check the vehicle. My truck was inspected on July 25, 2011 by Mark (an independant inspector/adjustor) hired by Royal Admistration Services. Mark notified Larry at Royal about the things that needed to be replaced. The response that I got from Royal was that they wanted the transmission taken apart. Frank at Karp Volvo explained that you do not take apart Volvo transmissions. I then called Royal to see if I can resolve this matter but had to speak with serval people (Sarah, Craig, Sarah and Marie) getting VERY upset and angry I then asked to speak to the Supervisor. I was then put on the phone with Larry (after 7 hours of calling this company). Larry was VERY rude, talking over me and not letting me ask the questions that I wanted answers to, he just put the blame on myself and Karp Volvo. I then called Frank at Karp Volvo and explained to him that Larry the Supervisor at Royal was a very rude man and didn't get anywhere with this phone conversation. Frank then put a call into Royal and asked Larry to send out another inspecto/adjustor to take another look at my vehicle. On July28, 2011 another inspector/adjustor looked over my vehicle and wrote in his report what Mark the first inspector/adjustor wrote. Frank then called Larry at Royal to discuss my vehicle but Larry told Frank that Royal was not going to cover the work that needs to be done. I then checked my Vehicle Service Contract Declarations and saw that this work IS covered under my warranty. I then called to get a FULL refund because Royal is not performing the work that was promised under the warranty contract that I paid $2310.00 for. I was informed that I only be able to get a partial refund NOT a full refund.

Worst customer service ever

Car mechanic made claim aproximately at 9:00 am on 10/28 waiting for fax or phone call approval. Received call back at 5:15 pm stating not to touch car until inspector comes by the following day. Inspector comes by around 12:00 noon 10/29 and states not to still touch car until the company calls. I spend the whole day calling Royal Administration Services and requesting to speak with a supervisor and all I got was the round around with different excuses and the claim not being approved yet. In conclusion a repair of brake booster and door switches which could probably be solved in less than 4 hours has become over two day dilemma. Beware this company don't like to pay what they are responsible for.

Extended Warranty

I purchased an extended warranty for my vehicle from my auto sales company and now my car needs a new engine and they refuse to pay. I'ts been more than a month that they are giving myself and my auto repair shop a hard time. It will cost about $5000, and they are claiming the vehicle received extensive damaged and implied to the repair shop that we didnt give it the proper maintenance.

• My
    my3boyz Jul 30, 2011

I am having the same problem with this company. They are refusing to pay for the repairs on my Volvo XC90. I had 2 adjustors/inspectors take a look at my truck and write the same report but LARRY at Royal keeps denying the claim. Today I filed a compalint with the MA Better Business Bureau to get my truck repaired or my money back. A Class Action Suit should really be filed against this company for all the people they have done this too.

• So
    Sonya Callender Sep 04, 2015

My name is Sonya Callender at [email protected] i am interested in being a party to a class action suit against Royal Administrations I purchased CarChex Warranty agreement for my 745i BMW 8 months into this $4, 000 warranty 10K miles later my transmissions stats failing. To my surprise they want me to have the transmission torn down as to identify the failed component. I initially took my car to Field's BMW who diagnosed the issue as a failed transmission. Royal Administration inspector sent to inspect the car identified it as a failed transmission. to replace the transmission $6, 800. I am presently recruiting other victims... this company must be stopped

• Pp
    Ppaul Jul 03, 2016

I purchase the Royal warrant and paid it in full. I went to Nissan to get my window fix and the warrant only wanted to pay 200.00 for a 500.00 job. They only want to put in used part and when you do that and come back to the dealer with the same issue they deny the claim. Also they say the cover so many things and when you go take you car to get fix they deny all the claim with some lame excuse. I will love to be part of a law suit if possible. It not right that we have to pay so much money and they don't want to cover us when we need it.
    [email protected]

• Ab
    Abrahamddd Feb 01, 2018

14 minutes. New record as I listen to their sales pitch. They call me twice a day. Shooting for 15 next call. Computer voice, intake person, qualification, and then sales. Boiler room must be in florida

• Gr
    Greg Geiger Apr 10, 2019

Can anything be done about the robocalls? Phone numbers are spoofed so it looks like a local call, phone numbers are different each time. It's difficult to block. I am robocalled about a half dozen times a week, and it's been going on for five years. I tell them to stop calling, I'm not interested.. it does no good

ChristinaWesley Sep 19, 2019

I am in the process of filing a class acyion lawsuit againt Royal Administrators. They are denying my sons claim that is covered the Audi repair shop is clearly saying that it is the cylinder block and wall. Royal Administrators is denying the claim saying it is wear and tear. Audi repair is saying that it is not wear and tear. I spoke to a man name Curyis at Royal who is rude and a liar. I contacted a law firm today and will keep you guys posted.. My name is Christina and my sons name is Alpha

• Ri
    Riverjack Dec 13, 2019

@ChristinaWesley Did you ever get paid by Royal? I am having two issues of denied claims for pre existing conditions?
    $8000 is repairs for pistons and timing chain. yet the contract states ALL parts of the engine that require lubrication. But all denied.
    Jack

• Ga
    Gabriel Ruthven Jan 22, 2020

@Riverjack @ChristinaWesley & @Riverjack
    Do you guys have an update on both your cases? Me and my wife have the same problem we took our family van to the repair shop last week, they said it was the transmission, after they tore it apart an inspector just came yesterday and denied the claim saying it was a preexisting condition. We are horrified reading all the bad reviews, we haven't been able to contact Royal yet, tomorrow we'll make a call but at this point with all those badreviews we feel hopeless.

Rip Off based on deception, miss leading Promises

I purchased an extended warranty for my Volvo XC90 On Jan 2007, I had some issues with the car and whenever I bring it to my local Volvo Dealer, the warranty work ends up being delayed and not fully covered for one reason or the other.

I visited the shop about three times between 2007 and 2008; I had to arrange for alternative transportation every time I needed repair work done. This warranty company takes 24 to 48 to inform the dealer of part / work they will cover.

During my last trip in winter of 2009, the service department agent told me directly and I quote: "we deal with all kind of warranty companies out there, yours is the WORST one, They are very hard to deal with"

I finally had enough, the repairs started to cost me money, because the Royal [There is nothing royal about them] refuse to pay for most of the work and I was always digging for my wallet to pay for work done and alternative transportation.

But wait, it gets better! I had a 4 year term or 100K miles, I got sick of the whole thing that I bought a new sedan and wanted to cancel the warranty to get the unused portion or 2 years premium refunded as I was promised by the car dealer during my purchase. Not so Fast!

I called Royal Admin and they asked me to put it in writing, which I did that same day just to get a letter in the mail telling me that I was out of luck!
When I inquired they told me that their secret calculator showed that they do not owe me anything because they paid for claims on my account and that the balance paid exceeds certain magical benchmarks and referred me to their policy.

Well, that was not nice and was not fair! I paid for 4 years, I used 2 year and any five year old will agree that they owe me the difference. I filed a complaint with the A/G and the BBB and got their response in form of copy of policy that was 5 pages long that I never saw! The dealer had me sign the last page when I was picking up my car in a hurry thinking that it was a policy confirmation. I was not giving the run down but I remembered clearly that when I asked about termination, the dealer was adamant that it was eligible for retro credit: "you only pay for the portion used" That was the answer I received.

This is deceptive, unethical, highway robbery! Buyer be aware!

• My
    my3boyz Jul 30, 2011

I completely agree!!! I am having problems with this company. They are refusing to pay for the repairs of my Volco XC90 also. I have made numerous attempts to get this resolved by calling LARRY the supervisor but this man is just terrible at customer service and very unwilling to help!!! I filed a complaint with the MA Better Business Bureau because this company will not give me a full refund or pay for the repairs of my Volvo. Someone should file a Class Action Suit against this company for ripping people off.

• M3
    M3Mick Aug 24, 2011

Bought it 5months ago and they won't cover anything, decided to cancel without hesitation. Wait too long no money back from what I hear. I can use the $4000.00 I paid them to get my car repaired.

• Jn
    jnorcut Oct 17, 2011

See Contract.. Breakdown Of Covered Parts: It only says they will pay for reasonable costs to repair and they will pay for new, remanufactured, or replacement parts. This allow them to take advantage of you when it is time to pay. VERY Deceptive !!

IF you take your car to a reliable shop, that shop will mark up the parts as well as charge a lobor fee. I have no problem with my mechanic making a profit. Royal will only pay for the part at the dealership or parts house price. You are supposed to be able know this from this very deceptive wording. YOU pay the additional amount so your $100 deductable (or what ever you have) is unachieveable. They also only pay what THEY determine to be a reasonable labor fee.. you get to pay the difference.

This policy is NOT worth the money we paid. I highly reccomend that you bolt the door and call the cops when they call to sell you this policy and surely don't let a sales agent for this company in your home!

Jim in Tx. 817-819-0365

• 3b
    3bolt Dec 24, 2013

having the same problems will not pay for repairs

• 3b
    3bolt Dec 24, 2013

the company takes your money and they find every excuse not to pay for repairs so I we are all ### out of luck.They give you the run a round, and the sales man that sold warranty said that it is a good one, Liar Liar LIar

Telemarketing Harassment

I am constantly getting telemarketing calls from [protected] (home telephone and cell telephone). The...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices