Complaints & Reviews

puppy breeder

I have also purchased a puppy from RHF. The puppy has been healthy. The only thing we have had to address are...

french bulldog puppy

I purchased a Bulldog puppy from the breeder at Rock House Frenchies, Maggie Means-Evans. I orginally saw a black frenchie that I asked to go visit, she told me that one was sold but that her sister was still available. We went to go look at her and I fell In love with her cuteness. We got her papers saying Maggie sent them in and pre-paid the AKC registration and once we got a name she would mail us the official AKC papers. Less than a month later, we noticed a small white bump under her tail. My veterinarian said it is likely she had it for a couple months as they don't just come out of no where and that it can be a genetic thing and recommended we have it tested. It came back as a cancerous grade 2 Mast cell tumor (she is 4 months old at this time). Because of the location, surgery was not an option and our only option was to get radiation done or risk the chance of it spreading throughout her body. I reached out to Maggie, as she had owned the puppy longer than me at this point and kept her involved the entire process ( blood work, radiographs, CT scan and 3 rounds of radio surgery) our bills upward of 10, 000$ at this point. I also checked to see if any of her dogs had been diagnosed with this before-she told me no. Maggie was great with communicating with me at first until I started asking for help with the bills (keeping in mind I only had the puppy for a few weeks at this time). I asked for the money back we paid for the puppy to put towards the treatment to keep her healthy and give her the ability to live a longer life. The money I asked for back is a measly fraction of the amount of money I spent to keep our puppy healthy because I actually care about her wellbeing (I work as a Vet Tech and know how serious mast cells can be left untreated). Today, I cant even get a response from Maggie. I've reached out multiple times for any help at all. I've also reached out multiple times to get my puppy's AKC papers which I never recieved - my guess being that she doesn't want cancer showing up in her bloodline of dogs she breeds. (Well guess what, it is. My puppy matters and is doing great now, no thanks to you). I would NOT recommend going here, she does not care about her puppies, she only cares about selling the next one.

• Ro
    Rock House French Bulldogs Oct 09, 2018

There are always two sides to every story - I most certainly did try to work something out with this young woman but she refused. I am happy to provide references from the many satisfied families I have dealt with.

• Bo
    Bonnie Austin Behrens Jun 27, 2020

These breeders need to leave the Breeder to the professionals. Mixing dogs to get colors that they call exotic or faded are what I have read are causing problems in the dogs blood lines. It’s all about the Money with these people. If she really cared about that puppy she should have helped you out . I’d file court papers against her. Since you didn’t receive you AKC paperwork. And Bring you vet bills in that day of court. The reason I say this is Hartz Mountain paid me for my dog when it ate one of its bones and she died. They paid all the vet bills. My dogs special food bill, and gave me money to buy a new puppy. The breeders I bought my dog felt so bad she gave me pick of a litter for free, and so, In return I purchased a puppy from the breeder for my brother... my dog was the sister to the English Spring Spaniel that won the Westminster Dog Show a few years ago. A Tri color ESS. That a Excellent Breeder that cares for the pups. It’s not always about the money. I myself am looking for a Frenchie pup but now I have to wonder. People and money 💴 and what they will do for it. $ 3 and 4 thousand for a pet dog.. that’s not a Show Dog ... you back yard breeders can’t guarantee anything. So I’m going to help you out here. I have owned many AKC dogs check this out... many breeders say they don’t want you to visit there Kennel well p, the AKC says you should do just that... read this link and there is a number to contact. You can also contact the AKC and tell them this person will not give you AKC paperwork . https://devetr.akc.org/press-center/articles/responsible-breeders/