Robert Kahraunethical, cheater, unlicensed,thief

A Review updated:

This is an unlicensed contractor who has dozens of civil cases against him and his so called company, the better business bureau does not have all of the bad information pertaining to this man on their site, his contractors license was cancelled by the contractors state license board. Don't bother with this guy, even if you take him to court he wont show up, God knows why he is not in jail considering all of the people who have already sued this guy. His name is Robert Allan Kahra and also goes by Bob only, he cheats people all over the inland empire and subcontracts jobs and doesn't pay the contractors, if you are a contractor that has recently done a job for this guy and you did not collect money, immediately put a lien on the property otherwise you'll never see your money. He has outstanding law suits in almost every county in southern california. Stay away from him.
He uses and alternate number of [protected] and also goes by Kahra & Sons Painting and Handyman Services, His sons are Josh A Kahra and Gregory C Phillips.

• Ah
    ahhaa2011 Apr 20, 2011

I've had the same problems with him. I even made the mistake of referring him to two friends. One, he took a deposit and the other he did some work and never returned.

• Bo
    BobKahra Feb 02, 2018

Hello. I'm not sure who you guys are and why you are posting such negative comments about me but I've worked on, restored and helped THOUSANDS of people in my career. I did slip into a small slum of alcoholism and may have made some mistakes in business however NONE were with harmful intentions. I must of done something right if I was "Referred to two friends". If you feel I have wronged you, or you fell victim to poor decision making or things didn't go right on your project, let me know and I'll do my best to make it right.

• Ne
    Neal Mc Clung Sep 12, 2019

@BobKahra Bob, You got to be seriously kidding or outright lying that you are not aware of all the people you ripped off. I live in the charter oak mobile home estates and you really abused my kindness and gullibility when you not only did not complete the job but borrowed an additional $1500.00 for your daughters school, or so you said. I tried several times to give you a chance to make it right but you got belligerent towards me. How can anyone believe you when you make no attempt to make things right?

• Mi
    Michelle duke Aug 11, 2019

Beware people Bob Kahra/Lothar paint comes across as a honest human being but will flip like a switch. He Doesn't honor or follow contracts takes your money and starts another job with it then wants more money before anything is done. Does a half ass job I could go on and on. Just dont do it you will regret it. Started on july 5th what should have been a 3 day job not even half way done by 19th so we had to hire someone to finish. We should have done our homework it's our fault. If I had looked up his name first and seen the numerous complaints I wouldn't be in this predicament.

anon1935 Aug 28, 2019

I can personally say that I am sure that all of the complaints are true as he has swindled me out of $2800.00 dollars. He is a charming thief.

• Mi
    Michelle duke Sep 10, 2019

@anon1935 People like him need to go to jail it's so wrong !!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices