Vector Marketing Complaints & Reviews

Vector MarketingScam, Misleading

I am posting my experiences with Vector Marketing.

I am a desperate and needy college student. I found Vector from a friend who could not work there because he didn't have a car. I applied online and scheduled an interview. I went to the interview and was hired. The next week was training.

The first thing that bothered me was the unpaid training. Many (as in many I mean almost every) companies give paid training if I am not mistaken. We are there to get a job and an income, not to waste gas money.

The first day of training was just mindlessly reading scripts and taking notes. It was a brainwashing seminar. It was just 6+ hours sitting there hearing her pitch about how these knives and scissors are so great (cutting through pennies and ###) She boasted about the great opportunities, vacations and team member nights.

The scripts really sounded like pressuring the customer, especially the telephone ones. You will sound like a really annoying sales person/telemarketer. Just to sum it up, if they say no to a product, you go to the next one, and next one, and the next one. If they don't want to talk to you on the phone to set up and appt you have to ask why and read a scripted response in order to persuade them to schedule and appointment. It would make anyone sound like a jerk.

I went home and googled it. It auto-filled "Vector Marketing Scam". Why did I stay around? I needed the money so I wanted to see how long I could last. Like I said, needy college student. I regret doing that because I wasted so much time.

I had a lot of unanswered questions. I asked the manager, "There could be a possibility we won't sell anything because of the poor economy. Would we be fired?" She didn't answer it, just some scripted response of we would sell if we really tried. My next questions were about the prices. For example, paying up front for the Homemaker + 8 set was around $900, not covering shipping and taxes. Paying it for 5 months was around $220, not covering shipping and taxes. Maybe I am wrong, but $220 * 5 equals $1100. $900 =/= $1100. All the prices were like that and I asked her about it. She said the figures were right even with the evidence of $900 =/= $1100.

What finally made me left was my manager telling us that we need to pay for $150 for the kit! We are there for a job, not to be a customer. I told her flat out I can not afford it. She told me to pretty much beg to my friends and family to loan me $150. I told her my parents wouldn't do that, so the told me to go ask strangers to give me money. Isn't that bizarre?

I walked out with several others during the last day of training after I expressed my concerns with them. She stopped us and asked why. We pretty much said that we couldn't do this. She tried to keep us as long as she could saying that "You can do it" and other stuff to makes us feel oh-so special and capable. After she realized that she couldn't get through to us, she just gave up.

Don't let them fool you. The nice sum of base pay isn't worth it nor the fancy products. They are there to steal from you, to waste your time, and gas money.

• Bi
      bitchnMoan Jan 20, 2011

Total scam and waste of time. beware.

• Dr
      drpapsul Sep 24, 2010

Should I worry that I gave them my ssn on the application form?

• Ks
      ksc1 Aug 31, 2010

I worked for them for all of a 2months. Sounds great and all BUT
      1st downfall you must pay for the knives
      unpaid training for 2wks
      unpaid 2-3hrs meeting 3 times a wk
      using up gas to drive across towns-unpaid if sale is not made and if they dont fit into their 3M's program
      SCAM

I didnt like how when they sent the checks in the mail, they was no stub to go along with it. after you cashed it the only proof of it was either on line or in that bs office of theirs
      &&youre sooo right it is brainwashing and all the people there are soooo scripted, they never give a straight anaswer. Its madness

Vector MarketingNot getting paid

When i started, they said $12.50 per appt. and so the first day i had 3 appts. That was the end of the pay period so i should have at least gotten $12.50 for one appointment right? Well instead i receive a check for $11.50. I have now been with the company for over a month and i have sold over $3, 000 worth of cutco and i have not received another check and i have been complaining! I am trying to get someone to help me! Is there anything i can do, i want them to be turned in and i want my money! Its not right to go out and work, waste gas, go to meetings that you don't get paid to go to, or conferences and still not get paid i am highly upset and yes i am giving vector marketing a bad name!

jeff moore.

• Aw
        aware19 Apr 04, 2010

Please be aware that there is blatant Astroturf being done by Cutco people using software Radian6!

• Be
        Ben61 Oct 28, 2009

Either you're lying about selling 3000 or you didn't file your orders. You can easily do it online and the company will send you a check. Go on to vectorconnect.com and log in, it's really not hard at all.

Vector Marketing — Scam

I want you all to know I think this company is scam. This week I had seen ad for Customer Sales and Service...

Vector Marketing — Scam and cheating

I'm writing this report as voice of the people. This company I understand is ripping a lot of people off...