United Cash Loans Complaints & Reviews

United Cash LoansIllegal Collection Calls

The following is my second cease-and-desist letter that I sent to united cash loans on october 9, 2012. It is rather self-explanatory.

9 october 2012

United cash loans
3531 p street nw
Miami, oklahoma 74354

To whom it may concern:

On 30 july 2012, I sent you a letter demanding that your company immediately cease and desist from making any further collection calls either to my home or cell phone.

In my initial letter, I cited the fact that on at least two occasions, your company made collection calls to my employer without my permission, in clear violation of section 805, subsection (b) of the federal fair debt collection practices act (15 usc 1692c).

To date, your company has refused to comply with my cease-and-desist demand and continues to make collection calls to my home. Each call that your company makes is a further violation of the fdcpa.

The fact that your company is a “tribal lending entity wholly owned by the miami tribe of oklahoma, ” as stated on your company's website, does not absolve you from liability under the fdcpa. Federal law trumps any state, county, municipal – or tribal – law.

Therefore, pursuant to section 809, subsection (b) of the fdcpa (15 usc 1629g), you are hereby ordered to stop making any further collection calls. Because of your company's repeated violations of the fdcpa, you have forfeited any right to collect.

Failure to comply with this order will result in complaints filed against your company with the u.S. Justice department for illegal harassment under the fdcpa.

In addition, copies of this letter will be sent to my attorneys for possible legal action in the event that your company continues in refusing to comply with this order.

This is your final warning.

Sincerely,
[legal name withheld for privacy reasons]

* * *

I sent my second cad letter via certified mail and received the return receipt on october 15, with the signature of one carolyn williams of ucl, dated october 11, 2012. As of today (october 26, 2012), I am still receiving collection calls from ucl. Their name and phone number showed up on my caller id.

These bottom-feeding # are openly defying federal law and must be held accountable. I already made good on my warning to ucl and filed formal complaints to the federal trade commission and the new federal consumer financial protection board. My next step is to file a complaint with the civil division of the justice department. I am hell-bent and determined to hold ucl accountable to the fullest extent of the law. These so-called "tribal" payday lenders can circumvent state laws, but they cannot willfully defy federal law and expect to get away with it.

SkeeterVT Oct 27, 2012

@thisman:

Thank you for your supporting comment. I did, in fact, file a complaint against UCL with the Consumer Financial Protection Board yesterday (Friday, October 26). I also sent a follow-up letter of complain to my attorneys -- with a request for my attorneys to find out if there are any lawsuits pending against UCL, and if there are, to begin the process of my joining as a co-plaintiff in a class-action.

SkeeterVT Oct 27, 2012

UNITED CASH LOANS EXPOSED!!!

UCL's tribal ownership has been exposed as FRAUDULENT by an investigative report by CBS News and the Center for Public Integrity.

Find out who REALLY owns UCL!!!

• Th
    thisman Oct 31, 2012

Waoh!

• Wu
    wuzard Feb 04, 2013

I took a loan out through this company and completely expected the full amount to be withdrawn from my checking account on the due date of the loan. This didn't happen they took an interest payment and a principle payment out. When I went to there website to pay it off it wanted my user-id and password. They had never assigned me one. I asked for it to be emailed to me with no response. After about 6 requests I quit trying. The next time they sent me a payment notice I responded to them asking if I could get my user id and password they responded with an email asking me to look an attachment for the information. Problem was that there was no attachment. This went on for 3 additional months today I finally got the user id and password and logged on. There is no way to pay the loan off online. You can ask for more payments (= more interest) or less payments minimum number being 2 ( again more interest) but you can't pay the loan off. After getting on live chat they told me the only way to pay the loan off was to call customer service. I called and was on hold for 45 min. waiting for an operator then another ten waiting for a supervisor to take my payment. This supervisor named Laura was the rudest and most obnoxious person I have ever dealt with. I got the loan paid off but it was a two hour process. I will never take a loan out with this company ever again they are thieves.

SkeeterVT Feb 05, 2013

IMPORTANT UPDATE . . . The Federal Trade Commission has filed suit against United Cash Loans and its parent company, AMG Services, Inc., for fraudulently claiming that it is a Native American-owned firm and for vastly overcharging its customers.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Sacramento, California, charges that UCL and parent AMG Services are actually owned by Scott Tucker, a multimillionaire race-car driver who the suit says took in more than $10 million in revenue last year.

The suit also charges UCL, AMG and its related companies with repeated violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and of Title 10 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. by making repeated and harassing collection calls to its customers' homes and places of employment -- in many cases, despite receiving formal cease-and-desist letters from many irate customers.

United Cash LoansFraud/Rip Offs

This UNITED CASH LOAN company is FREAKIN fraudulant!!! Customer service is a JOKE. Uneducated bunch of Biatches!! I think they just went to the Ghetto side of town in a bus, picked them up anyone who was standing outside a liquor store, park where prostitutes hangs out or drug corner and said your hired! You ask for a Supervisor or Manager and they put you on a waiting list. Your better off loaning from CheckCity or Money tree, depending what State you live in, At least when you borrow from them, it's a FLAT fee and when the debt from your acct. it is towards the whole loan including the fee. I just paid $195.00 total from a $150.00 loan, that I took out for my Special childs Chemotherapy meds. I really want to do is borrow from them again, to rent out a billboard stating " UNITED CASH LOANS is a FREAKIN' RIP OFF". and never pay them back and move back to Canada. lol...

Michael Sollecito Aug 25, 2012

I borrowed 400.00 and they are taking so far 600.00 out of me. They where taking 120.00 every 2wks and they keep taking more out of my account, I think i mite have to get my lawyer on this.

United Cash LoansNever applied, but yet they are calling and threatening me

I never went through with applying for the loan through the company. However, today, I got 10 calls from the # [protected] and left me 1 voice mail saying that he was Office Jean Barker and he had an avidavit on me and my social security number and was calling because their money was good enough to me to take a loan out but not to repay it.. I called my bank and checked my accounts to make sure there wasnt any Deposits made by this company. There wasnt. The crazy thing is .. On the voice mail he said his name was office Jean Baker. I later got a call at work. Where the guy said his name was CRAIG and when I called back. I needed to speak with JEFF. all using the same number. I am in the process of reporting this information to the BBB. I had to close my bank account and get a new one. Because criminals like them, never let up. I am very glad that I didnt use them.

• Cl
    clh1973 Jan 25, 2013

I received a similar call from them. They were calling my work harassing me. In one their calls they said that someone was going to come to my work & arrest me. They had my SS#, drivers license # & my bank acct #. I work for a government agency, and my boss instructed me to file a complaint with the FBI & Secret Service. After I filed that complaint, I had not heard from them again until this week.

United Cash LoansFraud

I never applied for a loan through United Cash Loans, but since January of this year I found they have been along with an affiliated company taking out incriments of 90 dollars 75 dollars at a time, a few times a month. I had a good amount of money in my account so i didnt notice it, but when i finally looked at my bank statement this past month, i found almost a thousand dollars they have stolen from me and my family. i never applied for a loan through them!!! never, but i have a copy of an application that was filled out online, that has all of my information, from my SS# to my birthdate to where i live and my phone number. i cant believe it. i dont know what to do or if i can do anything at all. how do i disprove an application with all of my information on it? other than my income being 3 times what i was really making on the application the only other thing that was i guess wrong was the friend referalls, no idea who the 2 people are, but their phone numbers are on the application i have tried to call them, one is disconnected and the other one, i just cant get an answer. someone anyone help me?

• Rm
    Rmd72 Apr 11, 2011

These companies are scams and they are tryng to get money from you.

Your best bet is to change your phone number or contact the police

to file a report. I get calls from different phones numbers daily and they

think that you owe them money when you don't. It's beyond crazy and these

people are crazy!!! All you can do is ignore the calls because there is nothing that they can do to you. I've reported these calls to the local police and they said that you have to change your number unfortunately in order for them to stop calling.

United Cash Loanscalls non stop

I get non stop automated calls from United Cash Loans for someone I have never heard of. It says for this individual to call an 800 number, I do to try to let them know they are calling the wrong number or someone else and to stop the calls.

They say "sure we'll take out your number from our system and not bother you again" but guess what, they don't. I've called several times to get them to stop calling me but they don't. I'm now recording every single instance they harass me with unwanted calles and will talk to a lawyer.

United Cash Loanschanged payment way high without letting me know until after they had done it

I took out a $3OO LOAN from United Cash Loans online and the agreed payment that I have been paying for 4 months was $90 that they automatically take out of my checking account. Well I went into my checking account to balance it (like I always do once a week) and here is a withdrawl from them for $50 AND then another one for $90. I contacted them and they said the $360.00 THUSFAR paid by myself was for fees and now the $140 PAYMENT they will be taking out is for interest and payment on the $300. When they get done I will have paid almost a $1000.00 for a $300 loan. They need to be shut down permanently... I contacted them and told them I am on a limited income (I am on disability Social Security and am 54 and partially paralyzed) and their response was : TOUGH you should have thought about it before taking the loan I told them I wasnt told anything about a loan payment going up usally it goes down sometimes when you get close to having it paid off. they threatened me with a lawsuit etc.

United Cash Loansoverpayment

I took out a $300.00 loan in November 2009. I just noticed on my banking statements 9/30/2010, that UNITED CASH LOANS is still removing money from my account. I called them to question what is going on and was told "Oh you no longer have an account with us, you just made your last payment on 9/24/2010". Every month for 10 month's they removed $50.00 and a separate $15.00 . This totals $650.00. My interest was $350.00 to repay a $300.00 loan. BEWARE!!

• Al
    Allan22 Sep 30, 2010

yes, thats how those places work. you must have misunderstood, you will always pay close or more than double your loan to places like that.

JoeAn123 Mar 24, 2011

I'm receiving calls at my job/home regarding some payment I owe to United Cash Loans. The asian man with an acent that called me was very rude and would not give me any information. I told him to send me written documentation on what I owe, he then started yelling at me and calling my job hanging up on my coworkers, telling me I'm going to jail don't pay. He told me what my social security number is and tried to get me to give more information, my checking account number, drivers license number, etc. I tried calling 1-888-346-6878 to get a mailing address when the person answered the phone they said it was Legal Department for United Cash, I tried to get them to tell me where they're located/address but they would not give me this information. I did a little research and there's a Thanh Johanning whos entity Name is US Cash, I not sure if this person is US Cash -anyway this person's business license was surrendered in 2001. If anyone can give me the address of US Cash, it would help a lot. I'm worried right now because I'm being harrassed/my coworkers are being harrassed, cursed out, etc. This has been going on for 2 weeks.

United Cash Loansfraud #2

Hello again. I just submitted a "complaint" against united cash loans, (see fraud) I am also banned from their web-site. Now if that isn't an admission of guilt what is? Forwarded it to the state attorneys office...

minus Aug 16, 2010

Sorry this took so long, but thanks for all the info. I am not naive, just wondering..

minus May 19, 2011

I have the exact complaint here in Indiana. Pizza was delivered undercooked and cold TWICE. Used to be really good would get a couple a week. Not anymore.

United Cash Loansfraud!!!

Back in march 2009, I had to use united cash loans in the tune of $150.00. It is now october and I just paid it off. They are the worst. I have contacted the state attorney's office in my state and they are working with me to stop them and there affiliates. I had to contact my bank and change my info.

This morning 10/06-2009, I received an email from some group I never heard of offering me $200.00 no questions asked. (how ironic) I then turned arouund and called our state attorneys office, because they warned me what to expect. They are on it!!!

Please, change your banking information and contact the state attorney's office in your state. Justice will be done!!!

Minus (marjorie)

• Am
    amandabaker Jun 26, 2013

They contacted me and told me I was approved for a 5000.00 loan that they seen my credit score was low and there for I had to get a vanilla reload network pack well I said I dont know where to get one at and he told me the closet store around me and I went to get one but they did not have that kind so therefor he told me a different thing to get and I got then no money was deposited into my account cause I had to have insurance on it so had to pay another 205.00 before I could get it so I lost 237.00 and did not get the loan. so people please watch out and dont be stupid to do this!!!

United Cash Loanscross selling

Everyone please if you need a cash advance loan, call in person and fax the info.. Please place nothing on line, they cross sell your info and I was commited to this company just for filling out the information on line for a loan. They stated that I should have read the fine print but in no where did it state that I was gonna pay $19.63 a month for 777save.com a website to save on purchases. So even if your approved or not approved for the loan, they still have your checking info and they send it to this company. Who never picks up the phone. So please dont make loans cause they send your banking info to other companys and they get you with the fine print crap.
United does not place a physical address, nor does the company website 777save.com
Poor customer service.

Signed upset overdrawn and fustrated!

This is the god hones truth! This is not bogus. Thanks!

Resolved United Cash Loansharassment

The company called regarding an outstanding debt in December 0f 2007. Prior to the calls from the company, a third-party collections company contacted me in July 2007 regarding the debt. I made arrangements with the third-party collections company and had a zero balance with them. Six months later, United Cash Loans began calling requesting payment for the same debt again. I requested two pieces of information from them, 1: a letter verifying the debt and 2: to contact me in writing only. After speaking to several representatives and supervisors, the calls stopped around April of 2008.

In November of 2008, I began to receive calls from the company again. However, this time, the customer service representatives call me between 7 and 8 am. I inform them each time that they are calling outside the regulated call hours, and they call me a liar and say that if I pay the debt, they will stop calling, and that my refusal to address the debt will result in additional calls.

It is now January 2009, I have spoken to multiple supervisors at the company, and today after frustration (as they called at 7:09 am) I decided to file a complaint with the FTC. I don't know if it will stop the calls, but I figured, I have given them ample opportunities to address both the debt that has already been collected as well as the calls at 7:00 am.

I see there are multiple complaints about this company, but I thought I should add this as well.

miss frustrated Aug 19, 2010

Where is the one that gave me my loan? I called them and and it seemed like everything was (for lack of better words) top secret. I just want their physical or mailing address and they will not give it up. what the hell with that? i'm feeling like their being scandlist.

So here I am out here in oregon and they say they are in miami, ok. well a lot of freaking good that does me. why can't they just give me their mailing address? what do they have to hide? it is becoming quite appearant I do not want to do any more business with them.

SkeeterVT Oct 26, 2012

The following is a cease-and-desist letter that I sent on october 9, 2012 to united cash loans. it is the second letter I sent them:

9 october 2012

United cash loans
    3531 p street nw
    Miami, oklahoma 74354

To whom it may concern:

To date, your company has refused to comply with my cease-and-desist demand and continues to make collection calls to my home. each call that your company makes is a further violation of the fdcpa.

The fact that your company is a “tribal lending entity wholly owned by the miami tribe of oklahoma, ” as stated on your company's website, does not absolve you from liability under the fdcpa. federal law trumps any state, county, municipal – or tribal – law.

Therefore, pursuant to section 809, subsection (b) of the fdcpa (15 usc 1629g), you are hereby ordered to stop making any further collection calls. because of your company's repeated violations of the fdcpa, you have forfeited any right to collect.

Failure to comply with this order will result in complaints filed against your company with the justice department for illegal harassment under the fdcpa.

This is your final warning.

Sincerely,

Dion b. lawyer-sanders

* * *
    As of today (october 26) ucl is still making collection calls to me. not only am I filing charges against ucl with the federal trade commission and the new federal consumer financial protection board, I also want to know if there any class-action lawsuits pending in fedderal court against ucl. I want to join as a co-plaintiff.

Resolved United Cash Loansfraud and scam

Of course Christmas resulted in a bit of financial hardship for me, I wanted a cash advance to get me through until next payday, I filled out an application online and before the approval I found all of the postings on this website and decided to cancel my loan.

I attempted to contact the company during their business hours but only received a recorded message telling me that their office was closed. I emailed twice asking them to cancel my loan request as it was still in the pending status. I emailed them the third time telling them to cancel my loan request and to cease and desist with putting funds or taking funds from my account as I have not received any funds as of yet.

I contacted my bank and will close my account and open a new one so that I will not receive any funds from this company and they will no longer have my account information. I do worry that they have my social security number. I hope that I have caught this soon enough!! If I don't receive the loan, then this should just fall to the wayside.

If anyone has any guidance for me to reassure me I am taking the right steps here, please please let me know.

• Valerie Oct 05, 2008

United Cash Loans deposited money into my account without my permission and then started withdrawing out 4 to 5x's as much back out with no end in sight. This isn't the only loan company that did it. Apparently 1st Credit Now gave my information to several rip-off companies and they bled me dry. Thankfully my bank saw the fraud and is getting most of the money back but the damage is done. Lots of my bills were not paid or were late. My credit is very messed up. I went into my first ever case of deep depression and had the worst summer of my life. They need to be stopped and clean up the messes of peoples lives they have destroyed. Unbelievable. How do they live with themselves?!

• To
    tony torpes Jul 28, 2009

Yes! If they don't have record of any money going in then they can't take any out. So ofcourse closing your account is very very very wise. I wish I had known this before being hit with this virus. Once they're in, say good bye to all your money as long as that account stays open.

• Be
    Beware 11 Aug 11, 2009

United Cash has been a nightmare. I would advise anyone who is in need of any extra cash to suffer through not having it. I signed up for a loan from United cash and this company continued to transact on my account, although the loan was totally paid off. This is one of the worse experience of my life and I am still trying to resolve it. Each time you call, they claim you can never speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor's name that was give is a summer at ext 2073 and when you call they say the person you're trying to reach is not available. The representatives are rude. Again anyone that is in need of a loan, "do not and I mean do not get a loan from this place, if you do you will be sorry like I am now."

• Un
    United cash loans Oct 30, 2009

United cash loans is a scam you apply for a loan you get one then other companies milf you for fourt nine dollars for goverment grants mail. And thier collection agents lie to you .Payday loan companies are scam artist.United cash loans is one of the worst.These people need to be stopped.You would think the goverment would get involved.

• St
    StephanieRO Oct 15, 2010

I have also been scamed they have been taking un autherized money out of my account and my name is no where on the loan but they keep taking money out they just stole 210 out of my account today I do not even have a loan from them... they are scammers please no one use them!!!

• St
    StephanieRO Oct 15, 2010

United cahs loans are fraud and they will scam you! my husband went through money mutual off the t. v commerical and they sent him to united cash loans as his lender and and instead of his payment going down when he pays it goes up so even thoughwe have a already payed 400 back toward a 300 loan they want over 600 more.. and they keep pulling money out with out being autherized and they just pull any amount they feel like at ay given time.. i'am being forced to close my bank account...

• Al
    Alan E Ross Nov 04, 2010

Yes they are rip offs, and I was scamed, I did not know what they called a service charge was what they were taking out of my bank account. they took three payments from a 200.00 dollar loan and nothing was towards the princable of the loan. thats when I stopped it and changed my bank account and closed it, but they still call just about every day, and tell me that I owe them almost 400.00, they are crazy I told them that I was willing to pay back only what I really borrowed, and as far as I was concerned they already took back > 180.00 from my account, I told them I would be willing to pay them 50.00 -75.00 more, only, tops. for the loan more and we would be paid in full. they disagreed, and kept arguing with me and wouldn't let me talk, or should I say they kept talking and would not listen, (they must hire drugies who are on coke that like to arguie and not listen
    however, they wanted me to give them my new bank account number, (no way would I agree to that. I told them I would send them a money order and pay them off. they refused and said that wasn"t there policy.. I told them it was not my policy to give them the opertunity to rip me off some more,
    take it or leave it, and if you refuse my offer, consider the bill paid, my finial concern is that they still have my ss number, does anyone have any suggestions what can be done about that?? or what they can do with my number?? they are oviousley crooks, how can I stop them. mr concerned

Resolved United Cash Loans — scam - unfair

I took out a $300 loan to help pay for my son's birthday party in September of 2008. I agreed to he...

Resolved United Cash Loansscam billing

I contacted the state and they told me I legally only had to repay the 200.00 I borrowed. When I went through mystatments I saw I had repaid and then some. The online contract was void because Maine law has presidense over contracts signed by Maine consumers who actually live in Maine.

I sent a cease and desist order and revoked my ACH approval, and placed an ACH block on my account and the next week they took out a paper check for 320.00, the amount they claimed I owed still.

I reported them again to the state and they told me to ignore them. The loan is illegal in Maine and even if they tried to sue, it would be thrown out since in Maine they have to be a licensed lender and they are not. The state has sent them several letters on my behalf with the law and telling to pay me back what they owe but the letters are refused by the company and returned.

This company is not licensed to lend in most states.

• Valerie Nov 25, 2008

I took a loan out in May 2008 for 200.00. I agreed to the payments and followed through with them as scheduled. In August 2008 I was informed they were illegal lenders in Maine an had a cease and desist order in effect from 2007. I contacted the state and they told me I legally only had to repay the 200.00 I borrowed. When I went through my statements I saw I had repaid and then some. The online contract was void because Maine law has presidense over contracts signed by Maine consumers who actually live in Maine.

This company is not licensed to lend in most states.

• Ra
    Rachel W. Jan 09, 2009

they are horrible. they overcharged me & overdrew my account on new years eve.

• Do
    doll4411 Feb 16, 2009

How do I find out if United Cash Loans is licensed to lend in the state of Florida.

John Charles Sep 06, 2017

Hey Blogger, Thanks for letting us know about such important information about how dose early paying off a personal loan makes sense. This post is so informative. Please keep sharing.

United Cash Loansripped off!

I submitted a loan application in october of 2007, they withdrew from my account every 2 weeks, balance was paid off and all of a sudden... I had more withdrawals taken out without a new loan... I am still paying on my loan... I finally had the bank stop those withdrawals and put out an alert anytime they tried to withdrawal from my account... I will never loan again online, they took 300. Oo out of my account, I hope they don't get away with this. Someone stop them!

• Mr
    MRS G.W .WEAVERJ.R Jul 24, 2009

I recieve a loan in april cash tells me aprir -4 am told by cash loan. on arial on 4-09-09 and i. d company billed my checking account for for 31.85 I never had heared of the company so got my bank on the phone, they close the account, we change over to the new account, everything was fine until these month and started recieve call from united cash loansthey say I recieve a loan 04-03-09 from them, I have look every where for my bank statement cant find it the close statement deast have it. the close statement has the stop payment on the i. d. s compaty check. after the account was close the bank tells the the ccsh loans billing and thse has gone on sence the first try by untied cash to withdrawin may I was conteced by untied cash olans thse month o7-15-09 and iwill not agrue abount the loan I was try to get a loann at thattime my promble is why they waited the loan has gone from 300.00 to 350.00 if paid to day. the troble is they will not send anything by mail, they were supose to e-mail some informatine theydid, nt thay want my atm numberor my new bank account #they have called everyday I will pay them with more info but I dont want them to have my banking info and it seem with is the only way they want it, and I believe they gave my info to the i. d companty any ideas on what to do. I have a felling if they get the info they want i, ll be in more trouble. mrs g. b. weaver