Timber Lodge RV Complaints & Reviews

Timber Lodge RVCollects with thread

We bought our membership in 1999 and have been paying the dues for 8 years. I experienced the same problem with this company in that Jim Jerde will not return my calls. I even called a number that I had on my original paperwork and Jim Jerde answered with Card Services. When I asked if it was Timber Lodge he said NO and I told him that he sounded just like the voice on the Timber Lodge answering machine. He said No he didn't know who that was. When I called back again it went to an answering machine. I then called Passport America at [protected] and they said they would call him and have him call me. Passport America called me back and said that she had spoken to Jim and someone from his office would call me. Needless to say they didn't. I keep getting delinquent notices and today I received one for 129.00 and saying if not paid in 10 days it would be turned over to a collection agency and they would add $100.00 to that. I am hoping that someone can offer a solution to getting rid of this thing.

Timber Lodge RVRip off

Jim Jerde returned our call only after we left a message we were interested in buying a membership. Jim appeared surprised that we were unhappy with our Timber Lodge RV Resorts contract he sold us in September of 2004. We explained to him we had written to corporate, trying to cancel our membership, but were told we could either transfer the membership to a "qualified" individual, pay $996 or pay the $99 per year indefinitely. Jim was so polite stating we should try reaching corporate again, stating "they're nice people there, you can probably work something out." He asked what we paid for our membership and we stated $495 to which Jim said, "Oh, that's a great price, added with the $996 that's under $1500, a lot less than they cost now. Can you still make that deal with them?" We stated we were not interested and only wanted out of the membership, not wanting any payment for it, just to be released from the membership dues of $99/year. We asked Jim if he could help us sell our membership to which he replied he didn't deal with individual sales, that he sold us that when he worked for Camp Resorts. He then referred us to Campground Memberships.com and gave us the number assuring us they were also "nice people". We asked who we should talk to there and he said just introduce yourself like you did to me and you'll get great assistance. In looking up Timber Lodge Resorts RV in the BBB in Minnesota, we found that Camp Resorts, Inc., Campground Membership and Timber Lodge Resorts RV corporate office all have the same contact person, Jim Jerde and the email is also Jim's. This is a shameful practice, running us around to other offices that he knows full well will not release us or will charge us to sell the product he sold us originally. We are complaining that his sales practices are unethical, not stating that the $99 membership lasts your entire lifetime and can never be cancelled, only transferred, paid for in large sum or in the extorted fee of $99/year for life. We do not believe this kind of business deserves a "Satisfactory" rating at the BBB.

Timber Lodge RV$99 a year for life

Our contract states we cannot transfer our contract for 48 months, but does not say we cannot terminate it. We tried to terminate, but are not allowed to, but instead are "obligated" to pay $99 a year, basically for life. Trying to reach Jim Jerde is impossible, an answer machine always picks up and calls are never returned. How can anyone be expected to pay for something for their life?

• Ar
    Art Poettcker Apr 16, 2009

we signed up back in feb 2009. I got a bill for $99.00 but now I am scared to pay anything anymore if the idea is i cannot cancel. Is it true that one is obligated to pay for life??? What did i get into???

• Ti
    titan56 Jul 22, 2010

I have the same problem. File complaints with FTC, BBB and the Attorney General Minnesota. Timber Lodge RV's So called corporate office is in Apple Valley MN.
    Also see:
    /link removed/ and http://www.natlassoc.com/
    My problem has not been resolved tet but don't give up, fight them. I am prepared to hire a lawyer rather than pay them any more.
    The company is just James Jerde and his wife working out of their home.

• Do
    doedoe Jan 11, 2011

I was ripped off by the Jerk, I mean Jerde fellow, and boy did I ever learn a lesson. Never, Ever get into one of those contracts again. He is looking for the everloving dollar regardless of anyone elses problems. Sure hope anyone interested in buying an rv membership sure looks into the contract with a fine tooth comb and a good lawyer before signing on the dotted line.