The Tax Club Complaints & Reviews

The Tax ClubScam Artists, Swindlers...LIARS!!! THE TAX CLUB WILL BANKRUPT US ALL!!!

I signed up with The Tax Club over 6 months ago and I have YET to see them make good on anything they said they were going to do!! In our phone consultation, I was told that all I had to do was pay the initial fee of ($4500) and I would be able to get my business off the ground. MOMENTS after my phone consultation, the money was taken right off my credit card. They just couldn’t wait to start ripping me off!!

I started receiving calls from them nonstop, always asking for more money. I’m a single mother and with this economy, that initial fee was hard to come by. Now they need more money for bookkeeping, payroll and lots more. I didn’t need many of these services as it’s just me but they told me that my business was doomed to fail if I didn’t get them. So I did. Each time I received a charge from them, it showed up as something totally different. The first charge was Manhattan Professional Group then it was All Access Books and Business Document Center and after the last call it was Vital Payroll, Inc. Why did they charge me under different names? A legitimate company, one that provides the services that it claims to, charges under the same name. For all I know Billy Joe Bob in Tumbleweed, Arkansas is getting my money.

I’ve called them on numerous occasions and every time getting a different answer. I have been told that a supervisor would contact me and I have yet to hear from him. I’m starting to think this person doesn’t even exist. Who does business like this?

($17, 400) later, I am now on food stamps, facing a potential bankruptcy and God knows what else all because I trusted these people and they didn’t hold true to their word. The Tax Club (Manhattan Professional Group, All Access Books and Business Document Center or Vital Payroll, Inc. whatever they want to call themselves) hasn’t done anything but take food from my children’s mouths. I can’t feed them with empty promises! The worst business decision I have ever made was to get into bed with these crooks. I was struggling then and now I’m worse!! I’ve had to change my number several times because creditors keep calling for money and thanks to The Tax Club, I CANT PAY THEM! I thought the feeling of being ripped off from The Tax Club was bad. Try having to send your children to school with clothes too small because you didn’t have the money to buy them new school clothes. Or the pressure of making the little bit of money I get from food stamps stretch all month so my kids don’t go hungry. This is no way to live.

I contacted my attorney on the steps that I needed to take in order to get my money reimbursed and he referred me to another law firm that better deals with companies like The Tax Club, whose sole purpose seems to be to bankrupt unsuspecting people like myself. I spoke with Richard at [protected]. He was really helpful and considerate of my situation, which is a lot more than I received from the “consultants” at The Tax Club. I did not have to pay anything upfront like The Tax Club, which gave me peace of mind. I couldn’t afford to get ripped off again. I was required to follow up with him a lot more than I had hoped for but all and all, it has been a success. I got my money and I’m just going to do the steps of opening my business the BEST way…and that’s WITHOUT The Tax Club.

Savings…GONE
Business…FAILED
Bankruptcy…ALMOST
Government Assistance…YUP
Feeling like you can’t provide for your children…CHECK

All thanks to the one and only The Tax Club, I mean Vital Payroll, Inc. Whoops! The Manhattan Professional Group. Oh, I’m sorry they have so many names :/

But after speaking with Richard….

Getting my money back and sticking it to The Tax Club ….PRICELESS!!!

• Go
      GoGoGale Oct 24, 2012

So, to sum up everything...

Savings…GONE Business…FAILED Bankruptcy…ALMOST Government Assistance…YUP Feeling like you can’t provide for your children…CHECK

But after speaking with Richard….

Getting my money back and sticking it to The Tax Club ….PRICELESS!

The Tax ClubCOMPLETE FRAUD

If you are thinking about signing up with this company, PLEASE DO NOT. They are a bunch of fast talking frauds that are trying to sell you a completely over priced product. The worst part is it never ends Every call you get from them is for more money, thousands.The only thing this company will do is financially ruin you. JUST SAY NO!!!

The Tax Clubtook $3500 from my credit card

They claimed to be partners with Applied Knowledge Institute and two guys put a hard sell on for two days and when I finally disagreed with them, they took money off my credit card without my permission. I didn't find out until I got the bill from Capitol One. In one day they took out $1000, $1000, $1000, and $500!! For a total of $3500 on my credit card. I've gotten no product, and no refund. They hurt me bad and I can't afford to pay my credit card. Thier lack of good business practices has cost me plenty. I have no job and no income at all and they refuse to work with me.

ScamHero Feb 13, 2012

Get a refund from the Tax Club by... The person to call reguarding all Tax Club scam situations is their lawyer Joseph Sanscrainte. He orchestrates the entire scheme to let the Tax Club get away with robbing the public consumers. His phone number is [protected]. He will consider your options for refund. If he does not cooperate with you reguarding a refund, I suggest you may call:

Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
          61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
          New York, NY 10006
          [protected]

scamdnomore Dec 05, 2011

Contact your Credit Card company and get a Charge Back. They will work with you.

Joan Resevoir Jul 21, 2011

I have heard a lot people using this company called Scammer Guard to help get back at The Tax Club. A lot of these people are getting their money back. Check them out its www.scammerguard.com. I called them up and they are helping me get my money back from the Tax Club.

The Tax Clubrefund

I too was scammed by the Tax Club. I complained to the BBB in New York, and they stransfered the complaint to the BBB in Utah. I finally got a 50% refund, I think I should have got more, like 80% because they really did nothing for me. The Utah BBB helped me out to get he refund that I did get. They were a big help as I live in Canada and didn't have the resources that I needed to fight with a USA company. I agree with everyone that this organization should be shut down, and I am sure they are associated with Fortune Learning Systems, that is how they got ahold of me, becuase I was stupid enought to sign up with FLS. Also you have to complain to everyone you can think of. The [redacted] maybe will get you an answer from the Tax Club, but they side with the Tax Club, nevertheless The Tax Club don not like to have a BBB complaint against them.(It makes them look bad) imagine that!!!

ScamHero Feb 13, 2012

Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
            61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
            New York, NY 10006
            [protected]

• Tm
            tmc10 Dec 27, 2011

Lots of luck, once they have your money there is very little you can do - but keep complaining to everyone you can think of. I got a partial payment back, but as you said, they don't do anything for you except take your money and tell you they did all this stuff that YOU could have done for about $100 yourself, also they will state there was a time limit to cancel and you missed it. They are a rip off company and should be shut down, at least investigated like Ivy Capital was, and I still believe they are part of that whole scam concerning IVY. I am very sorry you got involved with them and I wish there was something we could do to warn others.

• Kc
            KClark31 Dec 23, 2011

I was contacted by the Tax Club and they told me that I needed them if I was going to have a successful business, and I needed to purchase their tax service for $2, 300.
            Once I realized what was going on, I called them up and told them that I had made a mistake and I didn't want their services anymore. I didn't know what I was thinking at the time and if they could refund me back part of what I had invested because really they hadn't done anything for me. I'm still waiting for a response.

The Tax Club — Scamed out of $40,000

After a brief relationship with this company I am forced to file for bankruptcy. I knew what I was doing...

The Tax Clubslow refund

Was connected to The Tax Club through PMI through StoresOnline (all Utah Corporations). Cancelled my membership within the 3 day period allowed but was told someone would call me back since I was at work. Had refused the startup materials shipped by FedEx so when they called & talked about moving ahead and moving forward, I didn't really care when they wanted to send the startup materials out again. Refused delivery again and they claimed that they had recovered me as a customer and I was outside of the 3 day window. I filed a complaint with the Utah BBB and started one with the Utah AG-consumer protection division. Called them back about the refund and was kept waiting and shunted to nonexistent extensions. Just as the Utah BBB closed the window on my complaint without my accepting it, they left a voicemail that they were crediting my card for the full amount. I found this out after I had mailed the credit card company information so they could reverse the charge. Lucky there but am still hooked up with PMI and Stores Online. Should have googled The Tax Club complaints first not last.

The Tax ClubFinancial Services

I first signed up with PMI to start an Internet Business(I would not recommed them either..I think its all a Big Scam!!). Then I was contacted by The Tax Club and they set up some "business meetings". Each business meeting was to get me to sign up for another "so called service" that The Tax Club provided.
            At first they talked me into Incorporating to protect the assets I do not have and to reap the "330 tax breaks" I can get as a corp. Then I needed The Tax Club Tax Accounting Services for a one time fee of$3890(and this is the discounted rate) and after 4 months I will pay 49.99 a month for unlimited tax consultations and they would take care of all the paperwork I needed to keep my Corp "Compliant" as they "were knowledgeable in tax law and code in all 50 States". Then the next week I had another "business meeting". This time they convinced me I need the Bookepping Services..I told them I couldnt afford it, didnt want it and spent a coulpe hours on the phone..they wore me down . This cost a one time fee of 1495 and 29.99 after 9 months(and again this was the "discounted rate")...the next week I needed to have the "Business Credit Builder Plan"..I held them off for months..but they keep calling..they wanted 5000 or so for this..some how they down graded me to a "Business Plan Package"..i signed up for it 1795, then came to my sences and cancelled but since it hadnt been cancelled in the 3 day period they still are keeping 15% of the 1795 dollars. And as for the $5500 the sucked out of me..they inform me I cannot get a full refund because of "Services I Have Received"..Seriously???..All Ive got from The Tax Club and PMI is a Big Pain In My ###!!! And no services what so ever! Theres more but Im getting so angry I cant type anymore!! This has cost me soo much money to incorporate to dissolve the corporation..my state has a minimum corporate tax that you have to pay no matter what(and they never told me this) and now Im trying to decided how to file forms with my state and the IRS in order to be compliant with these entities. Even though I have made no money spent alot of money and have already dissolved my Corp, with no help or guidance from "The Professionals at the Tax Club".
            They are Scam artist and should be in jail or sued. I have received no services from them yet they have take about 5, 500 dollars..Im probably going to have to file bankruptcy. Between PmI and The Tax Club.my Spirit has been broken..I thought I was smarter than this but they take newbies who are naive and want to do something positive and make a change in their lives and they suck everything they can out of you!!! Run as fast as you can!!!
            Please go to You Tube ansd post to The Tax Club Videos and expose these scam artists for what they are. You will see my post as Jaamman..join me..[protected]@hotmail.com.
            Dont make my mistake.

Thank you.

SCAM Revialed1 Oct 06, 2012

CR CONSUMER RESOURCES IS A SCAM!!! Research them on the net. They've been scamming people for years! They charge you an upfront fee and promise they will win your case but two months later the credit card company charged the money back to my card. Turns out they just disputed the charges on my account as fraud and never provided anything. They got their money and now they are GONE! WHAT A SCAM!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING! They will get you a temp credit but its not impermanent until the credit card company researches the charge which they original scam company is sure to respond. NOW I have been scammed twice! This is ridiculous! PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! They post comments everywhere as a scammed victim who used crconsumerresources llc and got there money back with there services. SCAM! They post all there comments as Ccook1963

There address is a PO BOX. P.O. Box 31069, Phoenix Arizona, 85046 and the members are listed as JAY B ROSEN KAREN A ROSEN Robert A Rosen. Address 4925 E ACOMA DR SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85254

CR Consumer Resources LLC Scam, CnsmrRsrcs SCAM crconsumerresources.com ripoff, CR Consumer Resources LLC BBB Scam, CnsmrRsrcs SCAM crconsumerresources.com BBB ripoff SCAM

• Ki
                kittykatlover Aug 20, 2012

It might not be too late for you actually. I had a company help me with The Tax Club and my transactions were 2 yrs old. I was able to recover 60% after the company named CR Consumer Resources fought for me for a couple of months until we could settle for more than the initial settlement refund they wanted to give me for 25%. I had lost almost 20k with them so I am a very happy and cheerful person now that I can put that nightmare behind me. the website address is www.crconsumerresources.com. I was very impressed with them. I thought because I was in the UK they couldnt help me but they did and they did a wonderful job.

not good business practice Jul 23, 2012

I know that it is too late for me to recover anything but if can help prevent someone else from falling for their scam. I feel that I have served my purpose. I would like to say that they have been doing the same thing sense 2009 because that is when I fell for it. I read a report where the The Tax Club responded by saying that everyone makes mistakes. Well, what I have to say to that is, 2009. This is 2012 how long does it take to change your way of doing business.
                Now here is what happened to me in 2009. I too started with PMI and stores online. Cost for mentor ship and training $4910. I talked with the mentor maybe twice. He did nothing for me and did not seem to know anymore than I about how to get started than I. Then from out of nowhere came The Tax Club telling me that I needed their services. I thought at the time it was all part of PMI and Stores Online. The first thing The Tax Club wanted to know was how many credit cards I had and how much credit was left on each card. Me being inexperienced and too trusting like many of the others with complaints I gave all the information requested. They told me I needed to get incorporated and gave the big spill that they wanted me to do this right. The fee was $3890 and $49.95 monthly fee for The Tax Club membership and Incorporating. Then they said that I needed to establish and set up corporate credit fee: $2900. Then they said that I needed to attend their web meetings. I tried telling them that I needed to put all my efforts into trying to set up a web page and try generating some income before I started all this but like others said the high pressure and that they could provide me with accelerated mentoring. So I proceeded but when they came back and said I needed a business plan. The fee, I don't remember but it was between $3000 and $4000 I think. It was about all I had left on my credit cards. After checking the Internet I found that I could get a business plan for a lot less and could even do it myself but they said that I needed to let them do it . That is when I realized that they was only interested in accelerating my credit card debt to the limit and they even tried to get me to try and raise the limit if I could. Which would increase their bank account. So I refused to let them do the business plan. I had already spent $11700 with no web page and no business set up to generate any income. They also wanted me to pay $800 to do a tax return and I didn't even have a business or web page set up. They also said that I could deduct these expenses. I did not let them do my taxes that year. My local tax consultant said that I could not deduct a home business expense until I generated some income. By that time I was too busy working all I could just to pay credit card debt and living expenses and had no money to work with and could not take on any more debt and they was still pushing me to apply for some of their high interest rate credit cards and financing recommendations. I said no and finally had to refinance my home to pay off credit card debt. All they did was sell me services that I did not need to start a business with me telling them that I would have no money to proceed with the business but they assured me that they could help me with that. But I could not handle any more debt without losing my home which I was not willing to do. I was already too close to that. This year I told my local tax consultant about The Tax Club membership and she said cancel the membership that it was a ripoff not my words the local tax consultants words. I came to this site and read the complaints and stopped the membership. I just want to confirm that it is my opinion that all the complaints on this site are valid and that they need to be stopped because I know they have been doing this sense 2009. because that is when they got me. My tax consultant said that I didn't even need to get incorporated until the business was proven to be successful. So all The Tax Club done for me was sell me things that I did not need at a very high price. I don't recommend PMI either.

• Td
                tdgglobal Mar 28, 2011

Yardlady, contact your credit card company. I was just successful in getting a full refund. Were you also duped by Fortune Learning systems for the website? My visa card company said it would be at least 60 days before I hear back about my request from refund. I really hope we all get our money back. I've been unemployed for the last several months and really needed this to work. I have since moved my site to homestead and just got it back up after FLS shut me down for a week.

Best of luck.

• Ya
                yardlady Mar 27, 2011

I signed up for the my essentials plan last August. All I wanted to do was to make a little more income to make life a little easier. Boy was I wrong. I too had my website almost finished. Then, no more phone calls and could not access the website. I've been trying to keep everything going since I lost my husband a couple of years ago. My kids are grown but still living here with me. I thought this would be a good way to make some income. Now I am about 25k in debt and don't know what to do. I think how dumb can I be at 52! Well now, I can at least thanks to all these complaints I can get my butt up and see if I can get my money back at least some. Thanks for the info. And I will be letting my state representitives know. If you have any more suggestions you can contact me at [email protected]ail.com

• Td
                tdgglobal Mar 16, 2011

Just to let you know, I too was scammed into the tax club and their other division of my essential plan through fortune learning systems who has now been shut down by the FTC. I contacted the tax club customer service via a message posted in this forum. My first contact with them to request a full refund was 3/8/11. As of today 3/16/11 I have been notified by Nicole - customer service manager that I will receive a full refund. Of course talk is cheap so let's see if they deliver. Below is the information I used to contact the tax club. Hope it helps.

" For those who have been scammed by the Tax Club, here is some vital info you may want to have. You can call and write this guy who is in charge over there along with his partners.
                Brendon Pack - MPG, Inc. - 350 Fifth Avenue Suite 6015 - New York, NY 10118
                Phone: [protected] Email: [email protected]
                His partner Gary Milwick: [email protected]
                Go ahead and contact these guys for your money back. I also suggest you contact the FTC, FCC, Attorney General's office both in New York and your state and file complaints. Also call your credit card company and have them do a charge back on the amount you got scammed for. Good luck."

The Tax Clubwill not honor refund

The Tax Club received my name from PMI Education of Utah. They explained to my husband and I that we needed their accounting service for a new business that we are just starting. Then Bookkeeping dept called telling us that we could not run a successful business without teaching us how to keep books. We had 2 more appointments, which by this time we realized were both going to tell us that we needed their services too. So we called to get a refund and no answer, we left voice mail and never received a return call. When we sent an email to the person who first sold us on the tax club, the email he gave us did not go through. Finally when we were able to contact them, we were told the 15 days for a refund was passed and we could not get any money back. We have dissolved our business that the tax club was to handle, but they will not refund our money, even though we no longer have a company to do taxes for. What a scam of a company they are.

• Fi
                  FIADSERVICES1 May 15, 2012

If you have not received a refund yet and would like FIAD Services to force a full refund through our Dispute Resolution Services, please contact us at [protected] to discuss your case. We have NO UPFRONT FEE’S and work on a contingency basis. We work on a No Win, No Fee basis. We only need you to answer a few questions to confirm we can help.

We have done a background report on Professional Marketing International and other known accomplices (see below link) PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE NEED TO ADD OR UPDATE ANYTHING! Please note report consists of previous client feedback that had previously done business with Professional Marketing International.

BACKGROUND REPORT - Professional Marketing International - http://www.fiadservices.com/company-list/reported-large-scale-scam-list/professional-marketing-international-scams/

Reported accomplices so far for Professional Marketing International;

Success Merchant
                  My Essential Plans
                  All Access Books
                  Success Internet

The company that I work for is FIAD Services (please visit our website, http://www.fiadservices.com/our-team/our-services/dispute-resolution-services/ )

Luke Daniels

Website: www.fiadservices.com

Comments

• Cj
                  CJ Hunter Jan 24, 2011

I was scammed out of thousands of dollars from the tax club. They sold me services for an e-commerce business that they were going to set up for me, along with the website. The website never materialized. They had excuses for everything if and when they answered their phones. Since I didn't need all the services related and including a non working website I cancelled my membership. They refused to refund my money stating that even if the website was non working it had been delivered. Therefore the related services could be used. What do I need a virtual office if I don't have a product to sell? What do I need a website that won't let people buy?

The Tax ClubScam/Fraud

It all got started back in early 2008 when I applied to a work from home business doing home rebates, then I started getting phone calls from all kinds of home business opportunities and the Tax Club being one of them they offered various programs for my busieness to be very succesful of course for a price and were very eager that I use my credit cards for payment of these services, they said not to worry that I would get every cent back from the Goverment when filing my business 2008 taxes I was very excided and dumb at the same time that I gave in and all kinds of phone calls started coming in with all kinds of appointments and my credit card debts all topped out and the rest is history I will make an official complaint to The Arizona Attorneys Gen.office for further advise and hopefully investigation and settlement for everybody involved of this scam...Jesse T.

• Ba
                    barrieels Jan 29, 2011

Hi there

I'm another victim of The Tax Club and now find myself in allot of financial trouble and was wondering if you achieved anything and if the investigation got a positive outcome for victims like us?
                    Any feedback would be much appreciated.

The Tax ClubFRAUD

I joined the Tax Club via Online Hosting Services both are just as bad as each other. The tax Club advised me that they were part of the OHS and told me that i needed to set up a US Company. I Obliged as not knowing the US tax laws and set up company(hope its legal) and like so many started to receive calls to do this and that all of which was going to cost more and more money.
                  I advised them not to do any more sales calls which they stopped along with all the other services I had signed up for so really they are the biggest scam artists around and should be stopped.
                  I have now started action via my Credit card supplier to get my money back from the Tax Club for Fraudulant dealings .
                  Check with your Credit Card provider and see if you can lodge a claim for refund of moneys. the more that start this type of action will cause hopefully the demise of this scam.

• Go
                      GoGoGale Oct 29, 2012

But after speaking with Richard….
                      Getting my money back and sticking it to The Tax Club ….PRICELESS!

The Tax ClubExcessive charges for services

I initially signed up with The Tax Club based on an ad I saw at LegalZoom.com. I paid an initial one-time $1500 payment plus $20/month. After I signed up, they said that they wanted to schedule phone calls with me to discuss my tax planning. I assumed this was to help with preparation of my tax records for the preparation of my tax return. It turned out that every call (there were about 6 calls scheduled) were to sell additional cost services to me. Plus the sales approach was combative. Regardless, The Tax Club did prepare my 2008 tax return to my satisfaction. I received a call today (12/30/09) that was to discuss the status of preparing my 2009 tax return. I found out that I was going to have to spend an additional $850 to have the 2009 tax return prepared even though I had paid the initial $1500 fee plus I had been paying the monthly $20 fee that I thought was to go towards the preparation of my current year tax return. It turns out the $20/mth fee was only for access to tax consultants. So I cancelled my account. I can prepare my own business/personal tax return at much lower cost using TurboTax's business/home tax software. The Tax Club is a ripoff.

The Tax ClubBad customer service

I first enlisted the services of the Tax Club in order to facilitate the somewhat complicated process of incorporating a business for a first time business owner. After reading much of these complaints on this Tax Club I decided that the best decision for myself and my business would be to cancel their monthly service. I first started searching on their non-user friendly website for customer support links or contact info and unsuccessfully submitted inquiries about canceling through their Q&A box which, oddly enough, does not work. I replied to an email that I received from them when I had first signed on to their service and got a reply with their phone number to cancel.
                      The phone conversation I had with the so-called "cancellation department", which appeared to be more like that of a car salesman trying to convince the customer to buy from him instead of the competition, was very interesting. A woman answered my call and I explained to her that I wished to cancel my membership with them as I've found services here locally in my hometown to be much more convenient. I was told "no problem" and put on hold twice, the second hold was what seemed to be 5 minutes. During the hold, I briefly heard a voice, like as if someone had their hand over the receiver and it had slipped off inadvertently. A short time later, a man comes on the phone saying, "cancellation department", as if she had "transferred" my call, and proceeded to throw his sales pitch at me saying things like I've paid this much amount of money already and canceling my membership is a very bad idea on my part. I told him the same story I told the woman to which he replied, "I understand, " but still try to come up with more and more reasons as to why he thinks I should stay with their service, to which he was becoming more aggressive in his tone.
                      First of all, I am not the type to become intimidated by the likes of these services and/or sales reps so his aggression in his responses only helped to solidify these complaints against this company. Secondly, and what was the original nature of the call, I had originally agreed to the $10/month fee for the unlimited consultation with an advisor, but wanted to cancel. It was then that all this talk about money I spent and paperwork processed, etc, etc, came up. Personally, I think that's what made him to be upset. The only other service I paid for was to have the Tax Club handle the paperwork in order to have my business established with the IRS and in my state, ($1800). I'm unaware of "normal costs" for these types of services so I didn't think it to be out of the ordinary. Also, being that it is in the name of my business, it should be tax deductible, so that was the deciding factor for going through with them.
                      I understand that a business will try certain "sales pitches" in order keep their customer, however, I feel that if a person no longer wishes to use a service reason given or not, that business shouldn't give them any hassle. Obviously they don't want to use it anymore because they're calling the number and requesting to cancel, enough said. I don't believe the Tax Club to be a scam, as the service I paid for was completed. I just felt uneasy being that this company is over 6, 000 miles away, and that a local tax prep service would be of better interest for my company. Too bad their customer support wasn't as understanding as they portrayed to be.

Mari78 Feb 16, 2011

What! do you work for them or something ???
                          Gave you service well you must be one in 5 billion people. this is a compaints site not a promotion site for them.
                          People who come here and write are not lying or misleading they Got Rippped of by these [censor]. So people who read articles wont fall into the same trap.
                          Sorry but your comment has shown me how dumb your really are and i dont believe you for a second of what you said

The Tax Club — Provided no services, no Refund

My Girlfriend signed up for the service for me as a gift (near christmas 08). (December 11th 2017) She told...

The Tax ClubJust another Money Swindleing Scheme

Right after I create a new business entity from "Legalzoom.com" I received a call from Steve Frank - A sales team member from thetaxclub.com xtn. 4364
                        I was promised help planning & preparing tax for my start-up by Steve Frank (Sales person). Also in the list of promises were 1. Payroll Assistance 2. Business Plan 3. Marketing Plan 4. Business Loan assistance 5. Book Keeping. I paid huge upfront fees and became a member.
                        Since then, I have to chase "Tax Club" just to make an appointment to have a phone chat with an accountant. What I was promised was a Face-to-Face meeting with an accountant on a monthly basis and review my tax plans, book keeping etc.
                        There were also free consultation calls (annoying) scheduled every Tuesday for coaching on the above promised services. The free consultation calls were not consultation calls at all, before the caller would hear about my business, they were just eager to sell the "ABOVE & OTHER SERVICES" from Tax Club for additional fee.
                        This is the WORST SERVICE I have encountered. Now I am in the hole for a large pile of money and can't get any decent service. This was a good lesson learn't for me, I will go back to my local CPA, and you all please do the same.

Sandy Tramble Sep 08, 2015

I also, was a victim of this online company. I was devastated when every time they called it was for another charge for something else in order to set-up the program. I also was as victim of the 3 day back out option. I am so glad that something is being done about this company and thank you for the information sites to go to for help. I tried to back out but my 3 days were over the weekend.
                            Sandy

The Tax ClubFraudulent sales practices

We were steered to the tax club through Stores Online to set up our on line business as a Corp. They set you up with a series of appointments which we were led to beleive would be tax related. They were all sales calls for various services provided under the company called The Manhattan Professiaonal Group. During the third phone call to sell services we declined because we could not afford anymore services. They used fraudulent statements to convince us how we would be able to pay for the services through our tax return refunds. So we purchsed the other services offered.
                          The first return they did for us had us owing a large amount the second try was a little better. We finally took it to a local firm and they doubled our refund.
                          The Tax Clubs representative Naressa Ourderk admitted the false statements were made but when the BBB asked for a copy of it and the policy that supposedly protected the company from having to give refunds they conveniently couldn't locate the call transcripts.
                          We have received less than half the funds we paid them. Do to fraud nd poor services we feel we should be given a full refund.

• Le
                              Letsmakeadeal Feb 25, 2009

Everyone...think about it!! You are using a business affiliated with others - of course they are going to try and sell you something else. I have had the same calls and just said no!!...you don't need to buy anything else...The club itself is great. Their advice on structuring my company and forming my S Corp as well as my LLC's has been invaluable. You feel like it is a scam because they are trying to sell you something - but if you are using them in the first place than you are probably a business owner and isn't selling what you do everyday. Take it easy and do some research - go pay your CPA $325 an hour so he can tell you nothing...

Wait for an audit than try and contact your CPA. He'll probably tell you to get your lawyer and than the both of them can collect the big bucks while you sit and wait for answers...keep being skeptical-you can always just sit there and do nothing

The Tax ClubRip Off - Scam

This seems to be a very common thread with all the postings, but I wanted to do my part to help you out. This is to avoid the money lost and headache that we had to go through. Please avoid this company! Here is our story:

They were not up front about all the costs. I paid $1500 and they said that it would cost me $30/mo and $37 filing fee at the start of each year and a tax filing for both me and my business partner. When we got it started, they dropped it on us that it costs $895 a year to renew. Plus only one personal tax return was given a year, not two.

When we asked to cancel we were told there is a %15 penalty for services rendered when there was no service done for us at all. Also, every single "tax consultant" that we spoke to was VERY impersonal and we wanted a "tax team" like we were promised.

When trying to get a hold of the person that sold me, he never answered nor did he return any phone calls. I had to threaten a lawsuit, just to get anybody that could fix our problem...Guess what, still not fixed.

Please ask about how much it costs to renew and about services included with the huge upfront cost. They misrepresented themselves to get quick money out of two honest individuals.

Go with a local tax advisor that you can trust. We are and a whole lot happier too.

• Ad
                                adnan salimi Oct 12, 2010

Hi!

Does any body know the contact details of The Tax Club.com?

If you know their phone number then please send me their contact details at my email address,

[email protected]

Many Thanks,

Adnan

• Ad
                                adnan salimi Oct 12, 2010

Hi!

My name is Adnan. My email address is,

[email protected]

If anyone knows The Tax Club contact details such as phone number then please email me at above email address.

I want to contact them.

Many thanks,

Adnan

• Jc
                                jcburg Feb 28, 2010

I was taken for app 30, 000 and still need another 15, 000 to get a web site and virtual office.i was unemployed and this is causing financial distress.Wish i never heard of these people.Will they refund your money, anything is a good thing for now??????

• Ta
                                Takamineman Oct 07, 2009

I was led to the tax club after joining Real Estate Coaching program which turned out to be PMI. After trying to back out because I was unemployed and living on my savings, a very high preassure salesman told me I needed this because I could get a business line of credit which would allow me to take all of the money I invested on my small business and put it onto my corporate credit. Sounded great, but after paying $4500 for there most affordable package, I found out that the biz credit was a separate service which would cost an extra $3000. As if to compensate, he sends me an email saying that through my membership with the Tax Club I can benefit from their relationship with various credit cards and qualify for a biz credit card in 30 seconds. Wow! The only problem was that the credit companies had no knowledge of this so called "relationship."

Then I was told that my membership included a corporate service which would form an LLC and DBAs for me. They even gave me 4 DBAs for the price of 2. What a deal, huh? As it turns out, this "service" consisted of them downloading free PDF forms from the state website and filling in my name and address along with my LLC and DBA names, and then mailing them to me with instructions for me to send my fee to the state. The forms included a legal firm in Cinncinati listed as my Registering Agent. After talking to the State, I found out that I would be billed for this legal service. The Tax Club assured me that this legal service was included in my membership, but when I asked if it would still be included after my membership expired or was cancelled, they could not hel but admit that I would be responsible for paying for this "service." To top it off, the LLC/DBA forms were not filled out correctly, so I had to download them myself and fill them out. This took about 10 minutes. I then mailed them myself. They charged my credit card $149 for this "Corporate Service." When I finally managed to cancel and get a refund, they would only do so after retaining a 15% "Processing Fee."

Do not be swayed by these snake-oil salesman. They are deceptive and fraudulent. If there is a class action suit brewing, I would gladly sign on.

The Tax Clubrefund refused

Stores Online (SOL), Professional Marketing International (PMI), The Tax Club Scam

Like many out there I fell into the trap set by this trio of high pressure selling, let's get the newbie companies.
                              OK, I admit it, I was gullible and I knew nothing about Internet Marketing when SOL came calling in my town (Australia) in March 07. I bought 6 websites (US$ 3535), quick sign here, where is your credit card, by the way you need this as well and this, blah blah blah; you got 3 business days to make up your mind.
                              I was never asked what I was going to sell or advised whether my product (niche) was suitable or had profit potential
                              I was never told the truth about what hidden traps (like the Tax Club) were waiting down the road or what is truly needed to trade online in the US (or so they say).
                              When I did not activate any of my sites due to unexpected work commitments, they had sales people call a few times to coax me into using their services for more money (I don't blame them for that).
                              But in October 2008 SOL passed my details on to PMI and after more high pressure phone calls I relented again (!) and signed up for 5 live training shows (including building my website and helping me advertise it) with some of their specialists (US$ 4645). I asked for the first show to be scheduled for Nov 26 as I was busy with other stuff till then. When the time came for LIVE training I could not access it because their toll-free number is not valid where I am. In the end we settled that I should do the pre-recorded version which they said was the same. Strangely enough the girl on live chat could neither find my account nor the 5 live calls I scheduled during their first call in October at first.
                              During this time, on Nov 6, I had already been approached by The Tax Club (TTC). I'm assuming my details were passed on by either SOL or PMI. The Tax Club turned out to be the worst as far as pressure selling and being secretive about cost is concerned. They told me that I could not run a drop-shipping Internet business in the USA without starting an LLC with business name, EIN number, bank accounts and credit card. I had given PMI $4645 which now seemed useless unless I agreed to join The Tax Club for US$ 3890. This included $1195 for the business name and EIN number (this can be done for free online) and looking after my tax.
                              On Nov 26, the same day my first PMI live session got messed up, I had my 2nd call from TTC and the motor-mouth sales person had the hide to ask me for another $8000+ for business graphics and getting my website all finished and launched real fast before Xmas (he must have known that I had already paid PMI for doing that). I declined. One week later he asked for $1700+ for setting up a bank account with credit card and never having to worry about another thing. I declined again.
                              By now I was so cheesed off, confused and disillusioned that I canceled my membership with PMI and TTC.
                              I never bothered to take my second training call from PMI.
                              The Tax Club's letter of engagement states that if cancellation occurs within 30 day of the initial transaction, they will keep a 15% processing fee and retail price of services rendered. I returned all their documentation unused to their NY address and I figure that, considering the whole mess, they owe me at least $1600, yet they have determined my account to be eligible for a refund (nice Hey!).
                              PMI have emailed me that I will be contacted by phone to discuss my cancellation. I've asked for a refund of $4000 since I only got to course 1 (with difficulty and not as promised) and all the "hard" work for them, like setting up the site and advertising it, never got done. So far, no call.
                              SOL is ignoring my long detailed email. All they are doing is telling me that selling my 6 sites is not recommended. I still have access to them.
                              PMI & TTC have stopped me accessing their sites.

I'm sure that there are many people out there who have benefitted from these 3 companies. Their sites are well set up, they have 24/7 support and all the trimmings but they are unscrupulous, prey on the gullible internet marketing beginner with false pictures of easy success stories and don't tell the real truth about all the cost involved. Outside the US it is almost impossible to talk to somebody in person. Their online chat and email communication is not what one needs when discussing problems like the ones detailed above.

My advice: STAY AWAY FROM THESE 3 COMPANIES UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

Jan de Jager Mar 05, 2009

Hello George,

Just like you I am with StoresOnline, PMI and I WAS with the Taxclub.
                                  We have one Website that is being marketed right now and hopefully we will make some sales in the not too distant future.

About the first 2 companies (SOL and PMI) I can be quite positive sofar but the Taxclub was a real trap.
                                  Exactly the same experience as you had, they literally talked me into joining the Taxclub for indeed $3890.
                                  And almost every phonecall ended up with :
                                  How is your creditcard today ????

I was promised a business line of credit which turned out to be BS because I live in Australia, not the USA.
                                  Now I don't believe they didn't know this !
                                  Then I was told to create a bankaccount in the USA :
                                  SAME story !! I am NOT a USA citizen so NO bankaccount could be created.
                                  Apart from that do I need to pay tax in the USA ??? Being an Australian citizen I don't think so !

They finally gave me back $895 US dollars but refused to refund the remaining $2995 US.
                                  Because the creditcard transactions were just over three months old I went to my bank (ANZ) and requested a transaction dispute of all the transactions being done by the Taxclub.

Two weeks ago I got a very nice surprise in my mailbox :
                                  ALL transactions had been made UNDONE (including the one of $895) and I got my money BACK !!!
                                  I consider the extra $895 as a compensation for the interest of 3 months I had to pay ANZ after being charged by the Taxclub (which was almost $6200 AUS).

The ANZ bank has done a tremendous good job and hopefully I will be succesful with my website(s)
                                  Without the their enormous power I certainly would have lost a hell of a lot of money !!!

Jan de Jager, Brisbane, Australia

• Ge
                                  George B Feb 26, 2009

After months of knots in my stomach, letter writing, filling in complaint forms and sending letters of demand, I am pleased to say that all 3 companies have agreed to and paid partial refunds which I accepted.
                                  I have no more issues with SOL, PMI and TTC and I'm thankful that this whole nightmare is behind me.
                                  All I can say in closing is this:
                                  KEEP YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN WHEN DEALING WITH ANYBODY ON THE NET OR IN PERSON AND WHEN IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.
                                  When you get 3 days to make up your mind about a major purchase, go straight home and Google the name of the company you are dealing with. If you find a string of complaints against them, you know what to do.
                                  If I'd done that way back in March 2007, I would now be about $4000 richer and have way less gray hair.
                                  regards
                                  George B

The Tax Club — RIP OFF!!!

As with many others, we were promised many benefits. They told us of all of the things that was included in...

The Tax Club — Scam

The tax Club located on the 60th floor in the Empire State Building is a complete scam. If you go on...

The Tax ClubStay away from them

The worst business decision I ever made. From my experience, they are a frustrating, no service organization (I use "organization" with reservation).

After signing, I received calls to set appointments, supposedly with the tax club staff to review business tax issues. Not so, the calls were sales calls selling additional services; book keeping, deduction services, business plans, etc. And in the end you do all the work and they only file.

Their "customer service" number produced nothing but aggravation, no accountant, and nothing resembling an intelligent response to questions.

My advice, stay away from the tax Club, find a local accountant you can sit with, look in the eye and who knows taxes.

• Di
                                    DinWa Jan 08, 2010

i signed up with them yesterday and per my readings of the scams I decided to cancel my "membership" as they call it. They were very talkative as to why I need their services to make my eCommerce business successful. I had to tell them about 10 times that I just want to cancel and per the agreement I have 3 business days to do so. Finally after a 30 minute phone call, they submitted the cancellation. Now I just need watch my bank account and make sure the money gets refunded! Starting an eCommerce business should never cost you almost $5k just for tax services!

• Fr
                                    fruhlingb Feb 19, 2009

I decided to check out this company on the Internet before they called back tomorrow to get us to sign up. Boy! Am I glad I did! My husband thought it was very expensive as I did. They did give us good information on their initial call, but we are going to go to a good local tax attorney too. Thanks, everyone who wrote about what happened to them with "The Tax Club".