Menu
Home Dental Services Talega Dental group
O
7:06 am EST

Talega Dental group - dental services

I'll start by saying I'm shocked by the negative reviews for Talega Dental. I've been their patient for 5 years as have my son and daughter, and we all like the work they do and the way they treat us. Dr. Steven Edwards has been my dentist during this time and not only is he an excellent practitioner, he is also a great guy who has a genuine interest in helping his patients via a preventative care first approach. Not only have I had fillings, crowns, and porcelain inlays done by Steve, but he recently completed front upper veneers for me which make my smile dazzling - not exaggerating I get tons of compliments on my teeth and smile, and I feel better having followed Steve's recommendations.
The hygienists, Dr. Mozafari and the front office staff are polite, helpful and more importantly fun. Phyllis and Elise are a riot and they care about you as a person. No one enjoys going in for their dental visit but this team makes you feel good about it. They took my Dental HMO insurance with no problem. Go see them if you need dental care.

Jul 07, 2011 8:01 pm EDT

They seem more interested in performing unnecessary procedures to generate revenues than in the welfare of their patients. Get a second opinion.

T
9:53 pm EST

Talega Dental group - dishonest dentistry

I took my family here. The dentist said my son had 8 cavities that needed to be filled immediately. My gut said "no way." They tried to make me feel like such a horrible mother for not wanting him to do the work he said was necessary. The assistants said the dentist was angry and didn't want to do the cleaning we came in for. I trusted my gut and took my boys to a different dentist who claimed he has 0 cavities. To this day such is so. New wave dentistry, watch out!

Dear Trish G,
Typically, if a patient has questions or doubts about their treatment or diagnosis, it is best they contact us and ask us to review the x-rays and chart with them and explain to them why we diagnosed as we did. It is hard to respond to your comments online. However, if we diagnosed cavities on your son, then he has them. It is perplexing how the second doctor said he did not see any cavities! I would take your son to another dentist and get yet another opinion. Your trust and confidence are important to us. We would even pay the bill for the 3rd opinion to be fair to you! Also, we would be more than happy to review his diagnosis and his x-rays and even do another check up on him in your presence at no charge. Please call us ASAP.

D
8:34 pm EDT

Talega Dental group - Rip off/horrible service

These people are only in the business of only ripping off people. They have train there staff to viciously charge you thousands and thousands of dollars for treatment that you don't need at all, and they lie and fabricate such a case that makes you feel that you dying right there and then. After spending a few good thousand dollars with them, because of pour material and a awful job the crown came off. Offer nicely asking them to fixed it for me, they tried to imply that there was a cavity causing that, so they could charge another thousand dollar. After addressing them that I will take that to a second opinion, they switched gears and said no there is no cavity but there is a charge to put back the bridge that they already got paid on for several thousand dollar! Sorry just don't leave this office before paying another $150 for cementing back the bridge! Oh wow...and they did all this games in a very rude and disrespectful manner, to the point of using bad language and falling. Please be careful and hold on tight to your valet.

S
Feb 04, 2011 5:53 pm EST

I don't agree with this at all. They provide great service and were very friendly. I've learned that you pay for what you get and if you want good quality service than you may have to pay a little more but its worth it and still reasonable.

N
3:10 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Talega Dental group - Rip off

Talega Dental group found out I had two PPO's for my dental care. Instead of asking me about different treatments and costs; they did a elective procedure using a porcelain filling for my tooth. They didn't bother telling me the cost up front or what was covered. They did not get a pre - authorization for treatment to see if it was covered. They did bill me $900.00 on my credit card and said they would bill the insurance. Unfortunately, I was led to believe that the insurance would reimburse me. One year later I'm still fighting these dishonest people. They don't return my calls, emails or letters. They are just out to make a buck, and not care about customer service or patient satisfaction. Bad business. I will never return.

Pros: New facility

Cons: Who cares if they rip you off

4 comments
Nov 06, 2013 4:38 pm EST

Dr Mozafari is a crook

Nov 06, 2013 4:36 pm EST

i had the same experience. this company and dentist are not ethical and should not be trusted

A
Apr 07, 2009 10:56 am EDT

I just read your comments about our office. I am sorry you are disappointed with us. Please call our office and ask to talk to me. I would like to find a way to compromise and keep you as our patient. Dr Mozafari.

S
Mar 06, 2009 7:38 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Clearly no time for idiots is the actual idot who probably works for talega dental. Eventually, they will screw over the wrong person and that person just might pull a columbine.

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account