Stop Repair Bills Complaints & Reviews

Stop Repair BillsContract Warranty

Do not make the same mistake as I did. Do not do business with this company. I purchased their "deluxe" coverage package which ultimately did not cover any repairs. So, not only did I pay the Service Contract Price, I also paid for repairs out of pocket. It was nearly impossible to cancel...spent an hour on the phone with an intense customer service representative to learn that I needed to send a letter requesting cancellation which needed to my name, reason for cancellation, mileage, and a signature and date.

Stop Repair BillsBig Scam

I received a call from this company telling me that my 2004 Ford Explorer would have full coverage until it has 140000 miles. after having the policy for almost a year I had a problem with the front end it ended up being a defective steering rack, well to my surprise it was not covered as I was told and promissed from this company. I then cancelled the policy in writing on November 4, 2010 and after over 15 calls to the company looking for my refund I was told it was mailed then it was not mailed then it was mailed then it was not mailed and then finnally it would be mailed out on January 14th 2011. But as of today 1/31/2011 I still have not received a check, I have been told its in the mail, another day I was told they had a bad snow storm and it could be the reason I have not received it. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY RIPOFF!!!

Stop Repair Billsnot paying for repairs

I bought a used 1 ton dual pickup used & I bought a warrenty from this company & I have paid the money to keep it going & now the transmission went out & the warrenty company said that there was a miliage discreptantcy with car fax & that they refuse to pay the 2017.00 transmission bill. I told them that the proof of purchase & the title show actual miles & they still dont believe me & now Im stuck with a huge bill. What ever you do dont buy from this company there a JOKE & need to be prosicuted fully

• Th
    this company stinks Jun 15, 2010

I called this company because my husband and I had wanted to look into getting repair insurance for our car. Everything was going smoothly when I called them to get a QUOTE as far as the cost was concerned. When I told the guy that it was a little more than we wanted to pay down and per month...He swithched me to another guy who at first wanted me to get the insurance without speaking to my husband and then wanted to call my husband for a three way call ( WHILE HE WAS STILL AT WORK ), when I told the guy no, he then proceeded to accuse me of wanting to get the same promo rate at a time of MY choosing...something I considered to be a pressure sales tactic, not rude and pushy. Needless to say, I did not get this insurance and will not deal with these people in the future. If they are going to treat a potential customer like this, I am worried about how I will be treted by this company should anything really bad happen to my car.

Anna Mujahid Jul 06, 2010

My complaint with this "Stop Repair Bills" is the arrogance the rep had when i phoned for a quote. i called back and supposedly talked to a supervisor who was more professional. you know, somehow, i knew the first rep was going to be arrogant beceause he was talking to me, a woman, whom he assumed didn't know much about cars. Nessdless to say, his inevitable attitude turned me away completely. Representatives who answer company phones give the potential customer a preview of what to expect--or first impressions in these cases are lasting impressions--definitely. Ironicallly, i'm glad he was rude, for had he been kind, i may have been duped into buying into this prop.-Anna Mujahid, Philadelphia

• Gm
    G M N Jul 31, 2010

I called SRB for information about warranty service. Salesman kept lowering price and I told him I had to talk to my son first, then he said I had 28 days If I changed my mind & I gave him my information. My son had already checked them out on the web, so I called them back to cancel the service. I talked to the 2 rudest men who kept arguing with me. I think it was a game for them. One told me that United Car Care did the warranty and SRB does the selling. It finally ended with the salesman telling me that since I wouldn't get the papers in the mail to sign, the transaction was stopped. He could have told me that in the beginning. Now I am scared that they have all in info. Will they try to take money out of my bank. At 74 I don't need this kind of harassment.

andrea470412 Feb 25, 2011

This company is a fraud. I cancelled my contract 7 days later after hearing negative reviews online about this company. The Customer Service Rep. told me that the refund to my account should be by my next billing statement. Instead, they charged me again. When I called back, no one would answer the phone and after 3 weeks of constant calling I was told that I would get a prorated refund. Even though I cancelled 7 days after getting the warranty. They claim that they never received anything or any calls requesting a refund. This company is a scam and when I say scam, I mean scam. Do Not Buy Anything from this company. You will regret it later.

Sargent2 Mar 09, 2011

I have gathered all the requeried proof for my contract to take effect. However, I was denied my claim and now I have to pay $2600 out of my pocket. The Administrative Company said it's a pre-existing condition. Does anyone know how to drive a car with a blown head gasket more than 1000 miles? If so, leave a message, please. When I want to cancel my contract, the customer service representative said this task is impossible!

• El
    elijah91 May 13, 2011

WOW!! these guys used the same tactics on me. I just called and luckily my cell phone died or i would have made a big mistake! But i did have doubts because every time i mentioned the price being too much the cut the price in half and it sounded too good to be true. Thanks to this review and my conscious I wont make a mistake i cant afford!

• He
    HereIsMyExperience Sep 15, 2011

I was shopping around to look for extended warranty on my car. I ran into this website and submitted an online request for a quote. Their sales person called me within 30 minutes and offered a price along with the request for a credit card/debit card to charge the downpayment ... all in the same sentence. I told him that I have to shop around but he would not listen and continued to remind me about how this is the best deal and kept asking me for my credit card. I was at work and kept telling me to send me the information by email or phone for me to evaluate but he did not listen. I had to hand up. Three days later, I got a call from another sales person who claimed to be an underwriter from StopRepairShop.com and said that the actual insurer company is American Auto Sheild. When I asked him how come the underwriter is not from the insurer, he changed his position as a customer service rep. He offered me a lower price than what was offered a few days ago and insisted that the price was valid only if I gave him my credit card info over the phone. I told him that I am not comfortable in providing that info on an incoming call and that I will call him back... he kept pushing me to provide the credit card number until I got totally annoyed and hung up. I am not sure if this is a scam, but something seems fishy. I am still shopping around but please beware of these guys.

• Dc
    dctrsin May 02, 2012

I bought the plan 3 years ago and paid approximately 2300.00. never needed it till today. called them up and low and behold the ONLY thing not covered is the fuel system whis is fuel pump and thats what i need. if you look on theyre website it shows it covered but its not according to them. Dont buy this product

• Gr
    gramljc May 18, 2013

I have had product for about 3 years paid them they won't cover anything. I have engine problems, that's not covered, knock sensor, that's not covered, transmission problems, and that's not covered. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT it is a ripoff. They cover so call certain parts and thats it. Its so bad I don't bother to call them. I wish I could get my money back.

Stop Repair BillsWhat is being done to correct these one of many fraudulent companies

Really, what is being done to stop fake companies such as Stop (annoying me) Repair Bills. Makes me think the commercials companies are getting a kickback as well. Really showing truly how classy these individuals really are. Here's an idea, why not have a commerical right after the goofy stop repair bills skit showing all the complaints about this company. And maybe ask where these people exist so we can see how reputable this company really is. One more idea and then im out. Here's a hint, why dont we start going after these companies so that we can deter this kind of behavior in the future.

Stop Repair BillsCancellation

I had a contract with Stop Repair Bills, I refinanced my car the company that I did this with offers a car repair warranty. The new car warranty is alot cheaper it covers all the same things that Stop Repair Bills claims to cover plus I don't have to pay a deductable. I called to cancel the coverage with Stop Repair Bills I ended up talking with four differant people, they all tried to talk me out of cancelling even though the contract says purchaser has the right to cancel this agreement. Despite telling them time & time again to cancel they still proceeded to try & talk me out of it. After all the yelling at them they finally gave in but it was no easy task. I am the customer I am paying for the service if I choose to cancel then cancel! Beware once you are in with this company you will pay hell to get out!!

• Kr
    Kristie M Jul 26, 2011

I just had the EXACT same experience with them! It was unbelievable! After a half hour of pressuring me to sign up I was reassured that it would be no problem to cancel. I did my homework and called back the very next day to cancel. I was transferred and put on hold 3 times in 30 minutes then hung up on when simply requesting to cancel. I had to call back go thru 3 more customer service people demanding each time to just cancel my policy. It took me nearly 1 hour of fighting and yelling on both ends to finally get someone to agree to cancel the policy. Absoutely horrific on all levels!!! Do not do business with this company!!!

Stop Repair Billsoverall customers service

After numerous attempts to get them to cover a repair that was listed in the contract I was angry. I called in many times as well as the repair shop with nothing being done. After a week of fighting with them I called and canceled the contract on the day the payment was due. I was told the amount wouldn't be taken out, but they did anyway. I am now fighting to get my money back.

I have to say I shouldn't have had to fight to get my vehicle fixed. I followed all of rules threw out the contract terms.

Stop Repair BillsQuote

This company is boguss. We called in to get a quote. Once we got the initial quote the caller refused to let us hang up. He kept lowering the price of the quote and when we told him we wanted to discuss it further, he told us that was just silly. What honest company would care if you wanted to discuss whether or not to take them up on their offer. I would definetly recommend staying away from this company.

• Le
    lenman Mar 10, 2010

I was railroaded into the policy by the pushy salesperson on first contact. Did not recieve anything from the company for three weeks after payment came out of my checking account. When I did get information from them it was a package of additives to put in my truck( spray for the air conditioning, additive for the oil, additive for the coolent, felt pads to put on the battery post) no payment book, no account number just a phone number to call. When I had a claim my mechanic called and was told I would need proof of mantiance for two years and that my claim was not approved. I called and was handed over to three or four different pepole just to cancel my policy and was keep on the phone for more than a half hour. I would not recomended this company to anyone in fact someone should investiagte the whole company from the owners down to the sales.

• Wo
    wontbetaken Apr 17, 2010

Yes! They did that to me as well. The man on the phone kept bullying me and making me feel as if i was the bad guy for being skeptical. after about 20 minutes, i had enough. I just hung up the phone. I cant believe those people!

Stop Repair Billsbuncha stoners

STOP REPAIR BILLS IS A JOKE!!! Take it from a former employee. ! The main warranty we were trainned to pitch, has the worst approval rate for repairs by any other insurance. Pro-Long will deny every claim with fine print in their contract. Pro-Long is also a PRODUCT warranty. That means u dump crap into your engine and radiator over flow as your warranty, these products are supposed to prevent breakdowns. Even when a covered component needs to be repaired you have to provide and unreasonable ammount of documentation showing that you had a proffesional service you vehicle as recommended by the manufactorer. If you miss anything even by a mile it gives them grounds to deny your claim. STOP REPAIR BILLS knows this but they will pitch that coverage because they make commisions and only have to insure that you dont cancel your coverage with them for 1 month. The only way you can cancel your coverage is if you total your vehicle or get it repod then it still takes months to get a refund. I think its incredibly sleezy and would never recommend purchasing any coverage for them. Also every one of the warranties is marked up at least 1400.00!!! You can bet whatever rep you speak to is also stoned, zanexed, oxycontined, and even coked out of there mind while they are trying to pitch you this sale in an attemp to bonus and feed their fix. I got word from a friend who still remains employed there, 2 of the employees were busted in the parking lot snorting heroin and smoke marijunna, What happened to these employees? NOTHING AT ALL!!! The 2 employees attempted to bargain with the cops who busted them to set up a drug dealer in order to save their own ###. This is probably 1 of the most underhanded warrenty companies around please beware!

• Th
    That_One_Guy_08 Sep 23, 2009

ok so i just set up today, did the $50.00 down payment.
    iv been reading about this comany more and more i dont want it.
    please tell me what i need to do.

antdizzle Oct 17, 2009

its been 23 days, anything happen ?

Chaseison2 Mar 02, 2010

Really wished I had of known the problems that I was going to have. I would not of signed up with. They are nothing but big fat liars.

• Al
    ald0 Mar 04, 2011

WE SHOULD GATHER ALL OUR COMPLAINTS AND INITIATE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IF THEY DO NOT REFUND. I AM STUCK WITH THIS BILL WITH OVER $1300 DOLLARS ALREADY WASTED, PRECIOUS MONEY THAT COULD HAVE BEEN APPLIED TOWARDS REPAIRS ALREADY, AND WITHOUT THE HEADACHE!

SRB VICTIM

Stop Repair Bills — Scam

Well, after about 20 mins of talking they pressured me and kept doing it!, started at 300 for intial set up...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices