Singles Station Complaints & Reviews

Singles StationRip Off - Liars

This dating service is nothing more than a Fraud, Scam Operation, Rip Off, and extremely Dishonest. Do not waste your money or time with them. I invested AND lost $5, 000. to these crooks. >> They are suppose to match you with what you desire and seek. Example: height, education, and common interests. >> Do they? No. >> They are suppose to have Mixers every month. Do they? Who knows, I was never invited to one. >> I was told when I signed up my membership was for a lifetime or until I canceled it. Guess what? TODAY, Oct. 21, 2011, 5 years later, still single, PLUS told today I COULD COME IN AND SELECT A NEW PACKAGE. WHAT??? MUST BE A JOKE, RIGHT??? NO, the agent was serious. She actually thought I had STUPID written on my forehead... (((((Why would I give them more money for nothing???)))))) >> I was informed today by one of their representatives that a client is given 27 matches only >>>shocking and surprising to me<<< (these matches don't mean dates - these are matches created by their workers who throw anybody together, call you (they claim) and say they have a match for you. haha... >> They keep a so called log of your matches - unbelievable what their representative tells you (lots of lies and misinformation and things you were never ever told). >> They are suppose to be a Christian run organization and a background check done on every member... No way... simply not true. I was screwed royally by SINGLES STATION.

Singles StationDo NOT Waste Your Money

Unfortunately, I didn't search this site before I wasted my money
    ...Here is how you will get the shaft;

- You'll meet with a VERY nice sales person, in a very nice office, who will describe a great "safe" way to meet other people just like you.
    - Background checks and detailed analysis will help them find the right person for you
    - You'll be offered several programs. They will negotiate it to help you sign.
    - You'll walk away very happy about the program

THAT WILL BE THE LAST TIME YOU'LL BE HAPPY
    ...here is what they don't tell you

- You will never see or hear from that person again
    - The local number they give you is a number that forwards to a machine in Tulsa.
    - The people their have no idea of our geography or the culture here
    - You will rarely talk to anyone when you call. They will call you back on their schedule
    - Unless you sign up for the most expensive package, they will only send you a contact once or twice a month.
    - The people they match you with are nothing like the people you described when you met with the person that took your money.

Any of the on-line dating sites will provide a better outcome than Singles Station.
    I'm sure Singles Station isn't doing anything illegal, but it has to be close to it.
    I guess the people that work their just don't have soles.

Anonymous Missouri Mar 28, 2012

Agreed with the above. Apparently, they have a mailing list of previous subscribers to EHarmony. They email you with a "survey" then the calls start. And they never end. Fortunately, I didn't fill out the survey all the way but they retained the information any way (I suspect this is a violation of FTC online rulings).They called me three times in five days, each time I told them no I was not interested in their services. The final call tonight from someone named Tiffany was the ultimate: she proceeded to insult me which is when I hung up on her. I called EHarmony and made a formal complaint. They are partly to blame because they probably sold them my name. I will escalate this if they call me back again. I'll go to the BBB, MO State Attorney Generals office. If they continue I will file a complaint with the FTC. Everyone beware: If you get an email like this don't even fill out the survey, it's a scam!!

Singles StationScam Guard

Founded in 1979, The Singles Station Dating Co. is the largest independently owned personal introduction service in the Southwest. In the last 25 years we have introduced over 100, 000 couples and are responsible for thousands of successful relationships and marriages. The Singles Station continues its commitment to be the most successful dating service of its kind. The Singles Station Dating Co. has offices conveniently located in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma and Bentonville, Fort Smith and Little Rock, Arkansas and Nashville, Tennessee, Kansas City and Wichita, Kansas.

Re: Scam Guard

The Singles Station is not a dating club or an internet dating site. The Singles Station provides personalized introductions. We meet with you face to face in our offices. We take the time to get to know you, to understand your relationship goals and to find out what is most important in the people you want to meet. Our proven introduction system includes a 120-question personality profile that ensures you will meet compatible singles with similar interest and core values.

We are a membership-only organization, and we place great emphasis on our members’ relationship goals. At The Singles Station Dating Co. your relationship goals are our relationship goals!

Singles StationSuccess Story

Singles Station,

John and I would like to thank you for matching us up. We knew from the 1st lunch we were made for each other. What a shock, he had been a widower for several years & I had been single for 21 years. We just want everyone to know if you don’t take a chance you will never know what’s around the corner. We are so happy, thanks to the Singles Station.

- John & Carolyn

• Ar
            ArianaSicily1900 Jul 25, 2009

SCAMMERS AND CON ARTISTS!! TOTAL DATING SERVICE BULL$**T!!

• Hu
            Huggy Fuzzleton Jul 27, 2009

John & Carolyn... please don't reproduce and stay deep in the shadows of our society. You are not needed nor welcome among the rest of us.

• scir Jul 31, 2009

john and carolyn is a computer programmer from the company artifically trying to raise its reputation. come on kid, it's quite obvious what you are doing

Singles StationRip Off

Do NOT fall for Singles Station line of BS...$ of us got " pulled in" by their line of salesmanship...After years on the Internet dating Sites, this sounded so good... we were all told so much more upscale, they checked out credit history, work history, criminal background, then we filled out a 100+ questionaire for our preferences, etc to match us with, were suppose to get a match every 2 weeks or so, you pay by how many matches you want, eg: 12 matches around 2400.00 !!! the more matches, the more money...well, let me tell you...they fix us up with nothing to match our criteria, age, height etc, never call us, we call them 6 weeks later, we get the, " oh, I bet you'd like a match"...matches are NO better than internet, once was told by a person there that they had hardly any men in our area, ive been a member 1 year, have actually met 2 men in person, not at all in my criteria, 1 call back from a drunk, 1 who didnt have a job and lived with his Mom, they always try to set me up with someone 10+ years older than my criteria or much shorter...then they get an attitude if we turn that match down !!! Im ready to get an attoney for THEIR breach of contract...

• Wi
              WiserNow Apr 21, 2009

I didn't even join, but I was shocked by the high-pressure salesmanship on the phone during the first call. I did allow them to schedule an appointment for me, but then quickly reconsidered and called back in a couple of days to cancel the appointment. The girl who answered the phone absolutely would NOT quit with the high-pressure tactics, even telling me I was putting my own life in danger if I attempted dating on my own. She was very insistent and rude, even after I told her flatly I was no longer interested. I finally had to just hang up on her. Days later, I got another phone call from a different woman who was totally nonprofessional as well. I don't know how long this will go on, but I will NEVER consider doing business with these people.

Don't get suckered in to this company! They charge high dollar amounts to women because so many women fall for the sales pitch, but I know a guy who got his matches for free because they were so short on men at the time. NOT a reputable business!!

• Mi
              Mix8083 Oct 28, 2009

I agree with the comment about Singles Station noted above in that the company makes great promises regarding high quality singles available in your area, how they screen their customers, etc. However, I was matched up with someone on felony probation and with others that didn't match my criteria. I was even given false information by Singles Station staff so I would accept an introduction. The staff all the way up to the corporate office in Oklahoma, have been rude. A man claiming to be second in command in the company, just under the owner, was verbally abusive. I was not treated like a paying customer should be treated. I am surprised they are still in business. This has been very stressful and I would not recommend this company to anyone.

SaferToBeSingle Jan 10, 2010

I totally agree - fortunately, I wasn't scammed out of any money. Their high-pressure sales tactics from the first phone call was a huge red flag. They called at the most inappropriate times, i.e., while I was at work, out in public, etc., and refused to let me pick the time to discuss all the highly personal questions they were asking. They went on to call TWENTY FIVE TIMES in five days! A girl named Brandy in Little Rock was extraordinarily rude to the point of being verbally abusive and actually hung up on me when I asked her to stop calling. Since then, they have actually called me three more times!

Avoid Singles Station at all cost - there are much safer, less stressful ways to meet people!!

• Sl
              SLM1960 Dec 03, 2010

I joined this company two years ago when it was called The Singles Station, and it is now called "E Love"...they changed names, but it is still the same "rip off" service. I had much the same sort of problems as others have listed: weeks without a contact, contacts who don't ever call or who call when I relayed to the company I didn't wish to be contacted again by that date, operators or "file managers" who cop an "attitude" when I didn't find the "match" one that I 'd be interested in seeing, ignoring my criteria for personality, age, physical appearance...and I am no "beauty queen" but I am attractive...I was "matched" with much older men who were rude, stating things like "I wanted someone just like my ex wife and you're not her.." to saying with dripping sarcasm in their voice to my conversation attempts: "Wow, I guess we are talking about your work again..." Folks...this service is a RIP OFF. BEWARE.

Singles StationSingles Station did a great job

Wow...what a bunch of unhappy people complaining about this company. I'd like to offer the other side of the story. I know this is site dedicated to complaints, but how about a little bit of good news.

In less than a month of becoming a member of the singles station, they matched me with a man that had all of the qualities on my wish list. After only a short period of time we have decided to see each other exclusively and see how the relationship grows. He knew from our first conversation that we had something special, and I agree.

I'd like to thank the singles station for doing a wonderful job for me.

I've learned something important in life. Unhappy people will always find reasons to be unhappy. Happy people will always find ways to be happy. The wonderful thing is that you get to decide which one of these people you are.

cameron2cool Mar 08, 2011

I agree that single station does make good matches on occasions, but do the math. Their success rate is extremely low. If only 1 person out of 100 is happy, either you are very special and everybody else is wrong, or you were very lucky and everybody just wants quality service.

Singles StationBogus claims

Oh my God! Do not "join" this service. The fees are outrageously high and unless you are a complete shutin you get NOTHING for the money. They will call you with an "introduction" to someone, giving you some information that person gave, which is likely to be crap and then you're on your own. It's a completely blind date and the person they try to "introduce" you to is likely to not even be close to the type of person you told them you were interested in. You can't change anything on the contract they make you sign and you can't cancel the contract, unless you want to go ahead and pay the rest of the service fee. Once they have your signature, the people you deal with are very rude and made it plain to me that they didn't really care about offering anything even remotely like good service. My dealing with them has been nothing but unpleasant.

• Su
                  Susan Clark Sep 15, 2008

I absolutely disagree with Beeker318. SINGLES STATION FOUND ME MY SOULMATE!! I went out with several people who were unhappy, not because the service was bad, but they were unhappy people. I found the experience wonderful to say the least. They were extremely helpful, caring and considerate of my needs. Without them I would have never found the love of my life. They have changed my life for the best and without them I would still be trying to find a way to meet a decent men.

• Fl
                  Florida girl Feb 19, 2009

I am in the middle of my 12 matches & I have not actually met any of them yet- the phone calls are useless. The first two did not say more than 5 words in the call & they never asked me any questions at all. The third one turned out not to even match what was in my profile. It is a waste of $3000. How do they actually make these matches, what are their qualifications. How do we know that they are not just opening the phone book?

• Ye
                  YesIdidgoofup Mar 09, 2009

The truth of these comments can be verified and added to if we are brave enough to admit it. The background check is on our bank account. The request for never married or widowed is never considered by single station. You can be matched with a reborn drughead, dui/dwi offender, sex for a meal, move on in, one or more family members in prison plus the " have nothing to show for work history, wages earned or integrity-----.
                  You do get an expensive education in how appreciate not dating.
                  The personnel change so often you end up with calls from other states who have no knowledge to make quality matches.

• Ki
                  Kim G Apr 28, 2009

This company sent me an email to join. I filled out my personal info on the first page and submitted it. The second page then popped up and it said that they would "call" me so I tried to exit out of everything but it was too late, they started calling. I called them back and told them to please take me off of their call list and the girl I was talking with was named Tiffany, she was a real smart a**. Just on that experience alone, I would tell people not to waste their time.

• Mi
                  Miss Led Jun 14, 2009

I agree that this company misleads thier clients. In the "interview" process I asked whether there were as many men in the program as women..I was told it was 50/50 in my age group...yet when I spoke with the young lady that was responsible for matching me, she said they had a lot more women than men. I was told that they would match me with someone within 3 days and that I would probably have a date every week if I wanted. It took 3 months before I got my first match and it was not someone that I was remotely interested in. When I called in to voice my concerns, they were not helpful at all and sometimes even rude. It has been a HUGE waste of money and time for me.

cameron2cool Mar 08, 2011

One thing I learned about Together- once you sign the contract, good luck!!

cameron2cool Mar 08, 2011

One of my biggest problems was that the ladies I was matched had received matches with 4-6 other guys in the same week!! I was lucky to get one match every 4-6 weeks!! Yes, ladies receive many more matches and they give local girls with no incomes" introuctory offers" for free!! Count your chances guys!!

Singles Station — Scammed out of $2595!

I was surfing Christian single web sites about Feb 20. Never went to Singles station.com, but they called me...