Perfectmatch.com Complaints & Reviews

Perfectmatch.comSmith Anderson,a scam artist on it

I want to report the scam that started off with a Christian romantic attachment through this service, that ended up being connected with a Lagos, Nigeria scam to get your money. Things all seem legitimate & the scammer has you fall for them after months of conversation, and even some phone calls that seem legitimate, too. But then they have to go out of the country on a business trip & from there, start asking you for money.It is a dark and sad thing they do to an innocent person's heart.

• Lu
    Lucinda Dec 04, 2008

This company has over 159 complaints to the Seattle, Wa (their headquarters) Better Business Bureau!

Review what the BBB says at:

• 44
    44Allison44 Jan 07, 2013

I was online at AmericanSingles.com and was online scammed by some loser named Capt.Wayne Lake. He sounded SO real & got scammed.Please don't fall for the lies and send anyone money EVER. How sad that these people prey on lonely people.I was so ashamed of myself my riends tell me that this is what they do for a living.How can they look at themselves in the mirror?I am way wiser now..please be vigilant!

Perfectmatch.comno suitable matches; false advertising

This company is fraudulent! I signed up after seeing that they were considered one of the top relationship oriented websites. They offered an a special of $99 for 2 mos with 2 mos free. They would not let prospective members test the site first, so I went on faith of the on-line dating site rankings which listed that the site was endorsed by Oprah as "the best internet dating service". Trust me, it is the worst I have experienced so far (I have also tried Match.com, Yahoo Personals and eHarmony).

I have sent numerous complaint emails to a fellow named David in customer service and he continually gives the run around. I have found only 1-2 men in my demographic (within 25 miles of West LA) who are a match for my age, Duet analysis (their special matching service), and have left most of my other criteria flexible. I complained that there seemed to be few members in a huge city like LA and David responded that there were plenty of members (across the nation!) I am not looking to date someone in another state or major city!

I have asked for my $ back and so far no response (I was only on the site 2 days when I started to complain!) Please, please do not give these fraudsters your business! It is a scam!

Perfectmatch.comMoney for nothing

PerfectMatch presents itself as a state-of-the-art internet social introduction service, and it guarantees its services. However, it does not offer an opportunity to evaluate the service prior to actually purchasing a membership.

I signed up for the service and paid the fee. Within a couple of hours of becoming a member, I realized the service did not meet my expectations because the sample size of potential social matches was very limited. Within ~12 hours of becoming a member, I notified the service that I wanted to cancel the membership and requested a refund.

PerfectMatch was very happy to cancel the membership; however, they refused to issue a refund. They explained that it is their policy to not issue refunds. Had I been able to evaluate the service before actually paying for it, I would not have signed up. Buyer beware.

• Mr
    Mr. Reviewer Jun 07, 2009

Registering for this personals service is ridiculous. You've got to answer so many question that just aren't important or don't make sense. They could make it easier, we're just trying to meet someone, not play 20 Million Questions. I gave up halfway through. Try match.com instead, it's a lot easier and more practical, or plentyoffish.com, it's absolutely free to register and respond.

• Tr
    trugirl2007 Aug 20, 2009

BEWARE PEOPLE!!! after regsitering for a completely different dating website, not even theirs, I was automatically brought to their website and told to register (only username and password made up by me) so I did, thinking the two were affiliated - but they weren't .. then upon sending a cancellation letter I was told I had given them my credit card info, WHICH I DID NOT. I fought it and they said they would cancel the account without charges. Needless to say, I was not charged anything which I still don't know how they could have (if they really had the info or were just trying to coax it out of me) becasue I did not give it to them... something really wrong with this picture... potential credit card fraud

• Mi
    Michael62 Oct 15, 2009

I have been on the site for over a month and not only has no one, not a soul, looked at my profile but every attempt I have made to reach a woman on the site has met with silence. I contacted the company to cancel and get my money back and this was the response:

Thank you for contacting us as we are here to address any questions or
    concerns.

Have you used our advanced member search capabilities yet?

Please keep in mind that when utilizing the ‘CUSTOM SEARCH’ tool, you will
    be able to search for members by more specific factors, such as interests,
    education, background/values and lifestyle traits - at ranges as close as
    within 25 miles of your zip code.

Unfortunately, we cannot definitively say why members may choose not to
    respond. Members utilize their PerfectMatch accounts in a variety of
    ways - and some may only 'check in' once a week. Others might be busy with
    work, on vacation, pursuing another relationship on PerfectMatch - or are
    taking a break. Additionally, Basic (free) members are unable to reply
    once they have used their 'three free replies'.

Unfortunately, although I would be more then happy to cancel your account
    which would prevent rebilling at the end of your current billing cycle, in
    accordance with our Terms of Use, accepted by you as part of the
    enrollment process, canceling your membership early would not result in a
    refund as it is not supported by a refund policy.

Best regards,

David Johns
    Member Services Specialist
    [email protected]

That was the best they could come up with. So much for the guarantee.

• My
    myra79 Apr 26, 2012

im seriously the serious man...

Perfectmatch.comWhat a joke!

I've been a member on several other dating sites & I've got to say that this one is the worst yet and the most expensive one at that too! First thing I noticed is every single match that they have sent me have either been quite a distance from where I live or a photo less profile of a man at 5'6, when I stand 5'9 . Another downfall I came across was not knowing how recent their members on there really are because there is nothing that tells you how often they are active, but the main reason why I canceled my membership was out of the 10 profiles that I wrote to, only 1 responded and as for someone contacting me first, there hasn't been one single person in 4 or 5 days. It's kind of strange how I had "many" responses on all the other sites, especially upon first signing up & not a one on this one? Leaves a person to wonder if there really are such people on there or if it's a total scam.

• Sc
    Scott Aug 17, 2007

Regarding Perfectmatch.com, as with the complainant above, I did not receive responses from possible dates. On two other sites, I always received responses. After a while, I decided to randomly select (about) 10 women to email--attractive or unattractive. I rolled the dice and sent my emails. No responses. I emailed member services specialist David Johns and accused Perfectmatch of posting profiles of women who are no longer using the site. Mr. Johns did not respond to the accusation. Instead he rambled about how the subscribers have varying habits when it comes to managing their accounts and this is why I might not receive any responses.

• Je
    jean Mar 05, 2008

I joined PerfectMatch for $99 on 2-8-08 today is 3-6-08. NOT ONE CONTACT.

Posted two decent pix and a happy, neutral profile. Sent out 15emails and 20 "ice breakers." Rec'd NO replies. My 3 "perfect matches" had no pictures, lived nowhere near me, were not the same "type" according to the service's own "scientific" test, and didn't respond to my emails, anyway.

What a rip-off.

I've had many dates from Match.com and SeniorFriendFinder, rec'd a lot of support from each, and had fun--changed just because I still hadn't found "the one."

• Gi
    gina Jun 18, 2008

Please send me my user name and password. Have asked for it numerous times with no response. Please give me your 800# so I may talk with someone. I am a paying member!

• Mi
    mischa Nov 11, 2008

perfect match works

• Je
    Jeremy Jun 01, 2009

I'd have to agree with all of the above regarding perfectmatch.com... I feel like I've written a pretty good profile, filled out all the questions and put up a photo. Granted, I'm looking for someone fairly specific so I don't expect many matches, but I was able to find a few myself using the custom search. Unfortunetely it seems that all of them are entirely inactive, after sending out icebreakers to pretty much anyone on the entire custom search list (about 20 people) that came up in my entire state not one has responded after a week. I even emailed several, and gave them a non-perfect match email to contact me with if they so wished... no responses. Neither have I received a single person contacting me. Its rather fishy that there is no "who's looked at you" or "last logged on" information, which tells me this site is very likely a complete scam.

• Ji
    jim in la. Oct 16, 2009

i agree with all the above. when you first go on and it's free i got a bunch queries from women, mostly from foreign countries. if you contact someone close by you must join which of course costs you. once they take your money forget it. no email receipts. your bank can't stop payment. and lo and behold all those responses you got at first. no more. i've read what a lot have said and many are probably kinder in your temperment, me, i wanna whip somebodies ###.

Perfectmatch.comDon't waste your time!

This company provides dating matches that are too far or of poor quality. They DO NOT give refunds of any kind!! Don't waste your time or money!

• Ra
    Ray Aug 01, 2007

I too am trying to receive not only a refund of my $59.95, but any response from them at all. For those thinking about perfectmatch.com, please take my word and not spend a dime on this fraudulent service.

Those that are attempting to receive a refund, I would encourage you to file a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Perfectmatch.comPerfectMatch.com service is very unsatisfactory

PerfectMatch.com service is very unsatisfactory. After several emails regarding to complaints about the service, with none satisfactorily resolved, I tried to cancel my account and refund my money, which they didn't address in any of their response emails. When I was charged again for another month, and contacted them yet again, they refused to refund my money. The link to cancel and close out my account has been removed so I can't close the account immediately. I have written yet another email for them to close out my account.

• Su
    Susan Mar 14, 2007

Perfectmatch.com is definitely not perfect! I was contacted by someone using a fake photo and profile. Turned out to be someone in Nigeria asking me for money after several weeks of emailing back and forth.

I reported it to perfectmatch.com and received no response at all. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and reported a 2nd time. Still no response. My third email to perfectmatch.com I wrote that the way they handling this situation is even more disturbing then the fraudulent account. Maybe they can't stop all the con artists from signing up, but they can at least respond to a member!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices