SENTRY PRO XFC Complaints & Reviews

SENTRY PRO XFCchemical posioning

I used the product according to the directions on the box, my papillion has been needlessly suffering. Shortly after applying the product, she started scratching. Later in the evening, she started twitching, and could not sit still. I washed the poison off, with no relief. She is a laid back dog who could not rest let alone sleep the entire night. My husband had to hold and pet her to soothe her, or she would cry as if she were in pain. This dog has never cried like this not even the first night she came into our home. How pathetic, to watch a beloved pet suffer when by looking at the web sites this has been going on for years. I would never have given this poison to my dog if I knew this could happen to her. Get this off the market so other pet don't have to suffer. I gave her an antihistamine, she is still not her self.Stop this company from poisoning other dogs.

SENTRY PRO XFCPOISONED

I APPLIED SENTRY PRO XFC TO MY 8LB DACHSHUND LAST NIGHT AND WITHING THE HOUR SHE WAS FOAMING AT THE MOUTH, RUNNING WEIRD, VOMITING, AND CRYING. THERE IS A CHEMICAL IN THIS PRODUCT THAT CAN KILL YOUR DOG. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. IM FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM AND THE STORE THAT STILL KEEPS THIS PRODUCT ON THE SHELVES. AGAIN, DO NOT USE, EVEN MY VET WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYTHING MADE BY THIS COMPANY.

Marguerite G Apr 17, 2010

I used this product on my dog when we first adopted him, back in August 2007. He had the same reaction. He was 3 yrs old, healthy, just had some fleas to take care of. In Dec 2007 he began having seizures. I am convinced that this product has caused some long term neurological damage to my dog. If you are looking into a class action lawsuit, count me in. I am shocked to see that this product is still around!!

• Do
    DOROTHY DUTRA Jul 09, 2010

JULY 7, 2010

I APPLIED SENTRYPRO XFC ON MY 12LB BICHON FRISE, WITHIN 20 MINUTES SHE STARTED CRYING, RUNNING AROUND AND SCRATCHING, I BATHED HER 4 TIMES. TOOK HER TO OUR VET WHO GAVE HER INJECTION, STILL SHE CRIED FOR HOURS.THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE SOLD OVER THE COUNTER. SHE SURVIVED, STILL SENSTIVE TO THE AREA, BUT PLEASE DISCONTINUE THIS PESTICIDE. WARNING TO ALL DOG OWNERS, THIS CAN KILL YOUR PET!

• Br
    broken arrow dog owner Jul 09, 2010

I have spoken with Seargents and their "poison control" and all I get is BS answers! All THREE of my Dacsunds are experiencing what appears to be neurological "ticks". They are thrusting their heads forward like chickens and shaking their heads all in one motion, very strange looking. Their ears are contacntly twitching. They cannot sit still. DEFINATELY NOT an allergic reaction as Seargents wants us to beleive. I am a trained medical assitant and am smart enought to realize its messing with their nervous system in some way.

• Zu
    zukyy Oct 19, 2010

i agree with all of you this is not right i just gave my 2 month puppy this medication for the fleas she started licking the medication of her fur started scratching and crying she wont stop crying i went to the vet to see what was wrong and this sentry pro XFC is bs! it just made my poor puppy suffer and it was almost fatal

SENTRY PRO XFCSevere Allergic Reaction

I recently went to PetSmart and needed a flea and tick medication for my puggle because now that the weather is getting nicer, I needed to protect her. I usually use Frontline, but was told by a PetSmart rep. that this product is just as good. Was I in for a surprise. My poor dog started rubbing her back, crying, breathing heavy, drooling, and foaming from the mouth within 20 mins of application. I called the 800 number and they said that there is an ingredient which is unknown that makes the dogs feel like they have pins and needled and it really stresses them out. I almost went through the phone. Obviousbly this is a common complaint. We washed her with dish detergent, but she was really bad all night and didn't sleep a wink. I took her to the vet first thing in the morning and they had to put her on an anthahistamine and predisonel. She is extrenely lethargic, sleeps all day and is up all night. I called PetSmart and voice my stong opinion regarding this. When I finall researched this product online to my surprise there are millions of poor dogs that have to suffer for no reason. I am sick over this. These people should be condemned~

• Li
    Lisa - PA Oct 07, 2010

Our pug and shitzu got really sick after I used the Sentry Pro flea and tick control this past Wednesday. Both started to itch terribly, they were had a difficult time walking. our pug had messed in our home for a couple of days. She really couldn't help it. They were in agony and cried. This is terrible stuff. I will never use this brand again. We went to the vet a couple of times after the symptoms did not go away - severe itching, difficulty standing up, being in pain. Our shitzu cried and I knew he was not feeling well. Never again. Saving a few bucks wasn't worth it. Its a week later and the pups are still not 100% better. What a terrible experience for our pups.

• Ha
    Haterofsentry Aug 14, 2012

I just recently purchased Sentryn flea and tic medicine -- my japanes chin and my shitzu have been very sick. They are scratching, licking, crying and acting like they still had fleas. I finally gave them some anahistamine and I am keeping a close eye on them. I am so angry that I purchased this product to simply help my animals and I have only hurt them. I can't believe all the bad reviews I have read about this product -- GO TO HELL SENTRY! I'm in on a class action lawsuit!

SENTRY PRO XFCPet Smart wants to kill our dogs

For any information regarding this post (to see if I embrace Honesty go to www.operationopenarms.org) The complaint below was COPIED AND PASTED from another pet owner because it is EXACTLY what happen to my dog. Same exact breed and 9LBS. I almost lost my dog from using this product. PET SMART is irresponsible to be selling it. Had I lost my dog, it is pure speculation if I would have had a USMC flashback upon returning to PET SMART. This is a very dangerous product that should be removed from all pet stores, retailers, and Vets immediately. Again, I copied/pasted the below because it described my experience with Sentry Pro XFC precisely. Check me as well. Google "Captain GiddyUp"

I PUT SENTRY PRO XFC ON MY ### ZU 11 AM AND 15 MINUTES LATER MY PUP WOKE ME UP AND WOULD NOT STOP WALKING ON ME UNTIL I PHYSICALLY GOT UP TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG., WAS FOR 2 DAYS MY DOG NOT SLEEP AND SHAMPOO 2 HR LATER AND GAVE THEM HALF OF A BENADRIL PILL THE FIRST DAY AND 1 THE SECOND DAY I BELIEVE IS A SEVERE SIDE EFFECT SO I TOOK THEM STRAIGHT TO THE VET AS A PRECAUTION, THE VET SAID THAT IF I HAD NOT WASHED THE POISON OFF OF THE DOGS IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN FATAL ANMD I FELT REALLY FRUSTRATED THAT THIS TYPE OF MEDICATION PRODUCTS ARE SOLD

SENTRY PRO XFCSentry Pro XFC

Do not give this to your dog. I gave it to my 20-pound Lhasa Apso. Within a few hours of giving it to him, he became restless and pacing. Then he began scratching incessantly. He wouldn't let me go to sleep at night, clawing at the bed like there was a fire in the house. He was extremely agitated, apparently in pain/misery. He starting getting nervous twitches and couldn't stop pacing. I gave him a Benadryl, then a bath in Dawn detergent. It was 12 hours after dosing that he began to act normal again. He still isn't 100% back to normal, after16 hours.

• Me
    Meridith Apr 02, 2010

I apply Sertry pro xfc at 7:00am and my Lhasa Apso and miniture toy poodle are both restless and there hearts are racing. I juct called the 800 emergency hotline and the told me to wash both dogs with dawn dish liquid and but vitamin E oil on them. I read was reading other complaints and they said it made it worst. Please help.

Meridith

SENTRY PRO XFCbad reaction to flea and tick product

Within an hour of applying Sentry Pro XFC to both our Golden Retriever and Black Lab/Border Collie mix (both 6 years old), they suffered a severe reaction to this product. They both were in agony, could not sit still for more than a few seconds and were scratching themselves until their skin was raw. After looking at the application site, it had clearly burned their skin. I immediately gave both dogs Benedryl, but the reaction to this product has lasted 2 weeks already. They are definitely not themselves - their energy level has diminished and they don't eat as well as they did before they received the Sentry Pro XFC. Although we bathed them as soon as we realized what was happening, it is obvious that this product is extremely toxic and should be taken off the market.

I encourage anyone who is considering using this product to consult with their vet before doing so - there are many other safe products on the market that are safe for our pets.

SENTRY PRO XFC — Nervous System reaction

I applied Sergeant's Senrty Pro XFC to my 1 1/2 yr old boxer. Since I have used several spot-on flea...

SENTRY PRO XFC — Chemical Poisoning

My two dogs also fell victim to this product. Obviously all online posts and complaints have not gotten thi...

SENTRY PRO XFC — their lack of integrity and business ethics

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices