Scienceuticals Complaints & Reviews

Scienceuticals — The Truth

Scienceuticals — Don Hayden

We are a company that had the misfortune of trying to work with Scienceuticals. Don Hayden smooth talked u...

ScienceuticalsFailure To Respond

Hey, any company looking for a good name. You can now use "Scienceuticals".
Looks like Don Hayden forgot to pay another bill, haha.

See for your self at

PROSECUTION HISTORY NOTE: To view any document referenced below, click on the link to "Trademark Document Retrieval" shown near the top of this page.

2008-02-28 - Abandonment Notice Mailed - Failure To Respond

2007-04-19 - New Application Entered In Tram

1 Response
    • Pu
      Public_Notice Apr 07, 2009

Any formulation made by this firm is to be subjected to additional testing as there are questions to the actual contents of said products. If you suspect you have purchased tainted products from SCIENCEUTICALS or are a victim of Fraud please contact and mail to:

Barbra Wood FDA Investigators
      6083v Atlanta GA, 30309
      [protected]

Or Contact SC investigative unit :
      [protected] or [protected]

The public's help is appreciated on this matter due to possible danger posed by from unlisted / unknown ingredients being distributed.

ScienceuticalsDon't Work for Don or Patty!

I found this job posted on CRAIGS LIST in Reno - WARNING TO ALL WHO WANT TO WORK FOR DON HAYDEN!!!

Account Director - Cosmetic Manufacturing (Reno)

Reply to: job-dmedj-[protected]@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-13, 10:35AM PDT

If you are in the top 1% of what you do thoroughly read the job description below:

SCIENCEUTICALS is a leading contract manufacturer to the beauty business. We are currently seeking Account Directors for our fast growing business in Reno, NV.

Summary

Scienceuticals is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented professional for the role of Account Director to manage our growing US based business.

GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: Account Directors sell and educate beauty industries executive and professionals on our contract manufacturing business in cosmetics, skin care, fragrance and OTC products.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES of Account Directors include:
    • Developing relationships with leading beauty co.’s in an established territory.
    • Building customer understanding by direct sales contacts in an inside sales environment.
    • Utilization of Industry Knowledge and consultative sales technique
    • Managing daily account activities via a territory database.
    • Developing Action Plans, analyzing data and utilizing business development funds to increase business and share.
    • Ability to reach daily, weekly, monthly sales objectives.
    • 85% Self Generated Business 15% existing or new account leads.
    • Be able to make 50 cold calls a day.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
    • Highly motivated individuals with at least two years outside or inside sales experience (any field) and a record of success.
    • Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to interface with a wide variety of people, and a truly professional approach.
    • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
    • 1-3 years of cold calling and prospecting, sales or customer care experience
    • Demonstrate ability to achieve sales goals
    • Display passion and pride in your work
    • Candidates must live within 50 miles of this city – Scienceuticals does not pay for relocation.
    All candidates for this position must be a U.S. citizen or national, refugee, asylee or lawful permanent resident.

--Benefits--
    *Health Insurance *Dental Insurance *Life Insurance *Short and Long Term Disability *Quarterly Bonus System *401K Salary Deferral Option *10 Paid Holidays *Paid Leave Time *Tuition Reimbursement

Compensation: $ Base Salary of $32, 500 per year plus 3 months of draw against commissions of $4, 500. Total first year compensation at plan is $100, 750.

Please view our website: www.scienceuticals.com.

Scienceuticals, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, or disability.
    email cover letters and resumes.

Location: Reno
    Compensation: 75k-125k
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests

3 Responses
      • In
        InNevadaNow May 04, 2010

The above comment from Don Hayden is a joke and a complete lie. I am a former employee as well, Don fired me after I asked him about the ingredient decks of one of my customers, as they thought their ingredients were 100% organic and Scienceutical's records showed otherwise. I had to take Scienceuticals to court in Summerville as Don wasn't going to pay me all wages earned and in fact, still never paid any commission earned. He didn't even have my correct date of hire. For those of you who want to contact Don directly, ask him what he was doing for 5+ hours today.. He was, in fact, in deposition for another lawsuit. I am not surprised that Don, in his response, tried to deflect ALL complaints and not accept responsibility for any of his behavior. That is what one who is guilty does, right?

Donald Hayden Apr 28, 2010

My name is Donald Hayden, president and founder of Scienceuticals, and I am writing to address the alleged complaints listed on this board. For over a year I have elected to ignore them, mostly because I never gave them credence due to their lack of transparency and moreover, did not want to dignify the claims. But now the time has come to address them, since people clearly think they can anonymously post fictitious and libelous slander without recourse.

First and formost, we are NOT being investigated by ANY governing organization. This includes IRS, FDA, EPA or any of the others listed on this site. There has been no fraud or misleading of customers or of their products, nor are we a defendant in ANY litigation.

That being said, I will attempt to address the comments in general, as opposed to each one specifically, as they all seem to stem from the same thread of thought. The themes are of lawsuits, fraud, theft, bad product or bad service. While, we have never claimed to be a perfect, our goal has always been is to provide excellent products and service to our customers. Our current clients will attest to our desire and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to accomplish this goal. However, I am sure there may have been unhappy customers, just like in any business, but nothing to the extent described here, and nothing we would not go out of our way to correct.

The anonymity of these posting is problematic. Most of these ‘customers’ claim to exist in places where we do not, and have not, done business. There are alleged customers from Sussex, England, Provo UT, X, NC, Columbia, SC, El Cerrito, CA, Las Vegas, NV, Kentucky and even Guatemala! We do not, and never have had customers is these locales. While they claim to have been treated badly, our company has had no contact or record of contact with any of them.

This can only lead me to the conclusion that they are posted strictly to bash our name and harm our reputation. If any one of these ‘customers’ posts their name and contact information, I will gladly contact them to discuss their issue, or they may contact me on my direct line at843-486-1002 ext 112.
        I truly believe that these postings are by former disgruntled employees.. Over the past 5 years we have experienced explosive growth and, like many companies, we have felt growing pains. It is unfortunate that during this period we had high turnover as we refined the business model and searched for the ideal team. Now these former employees are trying to exact some revenge for being let go.

Clearly, we would not be in business for 5 years had there been any truth to these claims. I am proud of the business I have built and how we treat our customers, and employees, as well as how we conduct ourselves in the business community. We have created many award winning and highly successful products for our clients and will continue to do so.

I encourage people to view credible, authored, third party information on the web like our Silver Crest Award for manufacturing in SC or The Small Business Commerce Association (SBCA) announcement that Scienceuticals, Inc. has been selected for the 2009 Best of Business Award in the Cosmetic preparations category. In these cases, there are legitimate names and sources behind the references.

In addition, you are welcome to visit us at any time and see for yourself. We maintain an immaculate facility that has been complimented on by some of the biggest names in the business. Also, I am happy to address any of these complaints or issues personally. However, I will not respond to any future anonymous claims or postings on this site. You may contact me by phone or email at 843.486.1002 ext 112 and [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.
        Donald Hayden.

jack May 14, 2009

He will scam you out of your commission. There will be no commissioned paid. He has a temper and when the problem is his fault he will blame you. Do not work there. Turn over rate is too high.

Scienceuticals — Scienceuticals - Unethical Practices

We are also a victim of Scienceuticals. We had a hair/skin care line and Scienceuticals LIED about what they...

Scienceuticalsmanufacturing malpractice

My startup company hired Scienceuticals in the fall of 2006. We hired them to make our lip gloss formula and then to package it into 30, 000 tubes. We were happy with formula that was made for us. Honestly, that is were the happy part of this story ends. Production was 6 weeks behind. They don't do actual line samples for approval so when our first shipment was delivered we noticed open tubes immediately. I contacted my sales rep and she then got Don involved. He assured me that he would get right on it. We were sent another shipment of more tubes and saw that the tubes were still opening and now they were under filled and riddled with air bubbles. Don assured us that it was due to them sending us the first of the run and there are always trouble with the first tubes off the line and we were sent the wrong tubes. But all subsequent shipments gave us the same outcome. We ended up with 14, 000 tubes at our location, but we couldn't sell one tube. My partners and I though we did all the right things... we went to meet our sales rep in NYC, then met our new rep and Don Hayden himself at the plant in SC. They assured us that our product was "straight forward" and not "complicated" at all, this order was a slam dunk. The only slam dunk was the effect on our start up company. No money back, not even I am sorry. Don Hayden is a crook, plain and simple.
      We went to the legal system for help and won a judgement for 48, 000, but haven't been able to collect a dime of it. Sciencuticals was dissolved on 1-15-09 and yet when I called this morning, the receptionist answered and welcomed me to Scienceuticals for all of my manufacturing needs. So buyer BEWARE!

manufacturing malpractice

7 Responses
          Donald Hayden Apr 28, 2010

Donald Hayden.

• Fw
          FWK Mar 23, 2010

Thankyou so much for posting this information, I live in UAE and i was about to order samples from Scienceuticals because I had found them on google search as a contract manufacturer. I had a doubt already as Don wrote to me in the first email "I will be your only point of contact"in bold and underline. So i tried to dig more and asked him if i could first purchase samples instead of placing an order, and he sent me some manipulated sheets which led me to more doubt and here i found this page. Thankyou so much all of you, my hard earned money is still safe.

donscams Mar 24, 2009

BE careful all that go to work for him. There are NO MORALS associated with Don HAYDEN or anyone working and representing his company.

• Go
          GOGREEN Mar 24, 2009

Multiple Companies are now involved in multiple Criminal investigations from the East to West Coast against SCIENCEUTICALS namely Don Hayden. In addition to possible bank fraud it has been coming to light that many of the formulas may have ingredient's not listed or claimed by SCIENCEUTICALS and in fact they may have been manufactured without authorization during a claimed dissolution to the state of SC. See link below:

Furthermore, Any formulation made by this firm is to be subjected to additional testing as there are questions to the actual contents of said products. If you suspect you have have purchased tainted products from SCIENCEUTICALS or are a victim of Fraud please contact and mail to:

Barbra Wood FDA Investigators
          6083v Atlanta GA, 30309
          [protected]

Or Contact SC investigative unit :
          [protected] or [protected]

The Public's help is appreciated on this matter due to possible danger posed by from unlisted / unknown ingredients.

• Go
          GOGREEN Mar 23, 2009

They are under multiple Fraud investigations and have multiple EPA notices about dumping. We have been contacted by the EPA about them. Not only is this fraud but turning into an environmental disaster.

• Co
          cosmocream Mar 12, 2009

STAY AWAY!!! DON IS A COMPLETE CROOK! WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS DESPITE HIM AND SCIENCEUTICALS.

• Co
          cosmeticcutie Mar 09, 2009

hello suchagirl,
          I am actually currently in the process of hiring them for my company as well and was about to send in the check until i read your comment. That is so horrible and i am glad you posted this review! Have you been working with a new private manufactuer? and if so who ? Thanks and if you could reply back to me at [email protected] that would be wonderful. Thanks!!!

Scienceuticals — Awful Company

This manufacturer is the worst and full of amateurs. None of my assigned development people stayed at all and...