rug doctor Complaints & Reviews

rug doctorBed Bugs

BED BUGS! I rented a Rug Doctor carpet cleaning machine from my local store Foods CO. I just had the one small room to do preparing for my new couch which was coming in a week. Before picking up the machine I watched the online demo on how to use the machine properly. I picked up the machine carrying it home in the back of a pick-up truck. I brought it up to my apartment and checked to make sure it was clean and empty of solution as the video advised. I cleaned my carpet and returned the machine 2 hours later at around 3 p.m. At about 11:00 p.m. I sat a dinning chair on the carpet in order to lay my clothes out that I planned on wearing the next morning. The next morning I got up, took a shower and started to get dressed. Al of a sudden I began to scratch. At first I thought it was hives. As the itch began to spread from the lower part of my left breast upward to my neck I decided to look in the mirror. Sitting on the collar of the clean T-shirt I just put on was a BED BUG. I flicked it off into the sink and tried to catch it. It ran down the sink and I turned on the water flushing it further. I received ten (10) bites from that one bed bug.

I live in an apartment building that has very harsh rules regarding bed bugs. We have monthly inspections (of which I have never failed) and I had just had an inspection three days prior.

I immediately went back to the store and put in a complaint. Next i went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought plastic bags and coverings with zippers for my mattress, bedding, clothes and every other thing I thought my be affected. I spent the day washing everything before putting in the bags. When I came home I spoke with the manager of my building and he called pest control to come and do an emergency inspection. I later called the Rug Doctor company number (after reading the liability wavier which was unclear with regard to such things as bed bugs) listed on the receipt and put in a complaint. A few days later I received a call at 5:00 a.m. from a woman who was in charge of responding to complaints at Food Co. (aka Kroger Co.). She was very nice and explained what would happen. About two weeks later I received a letter fro Foods Co stating that my complaint had been tendered to Rug Doctor. I have been trying to get in touch with someone at Rug Doctor regarding this matter for the past month, leaving messages but receiving no return call or correspondence.

I know there is little that can be done about such things (from the store or the rug doctor company) but proper correspondence can go a long way. I also want to warn other people to beware.

joe Oct 23, 2008

i purchased rug doctor rug srubber and I'm being over charge for the machine . I want this account closed immediately

rug doctorMACHINE NOT WORKING - AGAIN

We purchased a RUG DOCTOR about 2 years ago. I used the darn thing maybe a total of 8/10 times? It broke once and they did repair it..but we had to drive miles to the center that did this and were without it for a couple weeks. NOW it is BROKEN AGAIN??? What the heck? I rarely use this machine, it's almost brand new. Did they sell me a refurbished one without telling me? I don't know. All I know is I am LIVID about this and out $500.00!!!

rug doctorEmployment

Received call from company on a Friday stating to me it was a call center for infomercials. They set up interview on a Monday for me, which the gentleman I was suppose to interview with was late and when I finally started the interview process he was rude. I found out it was a sales job for rug doctor and in order to start you've got to buy a $40 headset and legal notepad binder to begin. which he stated to me I would accept a minum wage position after I told him I would've accept 7.25 per hr to start that I wont get anywhere in life. But I'm a currently a college student looking for work while I attend school.

• Ni
    Nicole2011 Aug 11, 2011

Just a heads up, the call center that contacted youwas a third party that is not affiliated with Rug Doctor. You would just happen to be promoting/selling that particular companies products/services. You should of found out the name of the call center and name them in your post, not Rug Doctor, as they do not need to call people for employement.

rug doctorcan't get it fixed

I purchased a rug doctor about a year ago. It has done it's job for that year and now all of the sudden it quit working so I tried to call the 1-800- rug-doctor number, but they kept transfering my call or telling me call back and press 4 then I did and I ended up being on the phone for 50 minutes. Here I am out of 800 dollars and have a machine that is taking up space. They want to sell their product but they offer no maitenance so if you plan on purchaseing one only do so if you are a handy man.