RD Group International Complaints & Reviews

RD Group InternationalFraud and cheating

Like most of the other complaints on here I was duped!! I was recently unemployed and had posted my resume on some job boards. I received a call from RD Group under the auspices of a job interview. I went with my resume in hand and dressed ready for an interview. I met with Stephen Fischer who is the 'VP' of the company. He does the sales pitch. I was annoyed at first that I was tricked into a phony interview but he was telling me how they work with people who are changing track career wise and listened to what he had to say.

They offered all sort of services, from helping with your cv to putting you on a 'hidden job board' database for HR directors to access. The big draw was of course they said they network extensively for the hidden job market.

I was stupid and foolish and handed over my credit card thinking I definitely could use some career counseling to transition. What I found instead was they make you busy with all sorts of useless homework that doesn't get you any closer to finding your ideal career. I wasted hours in this pointless interviews with characters who had no interest in if you were successful or not.

My first career counselor was Gord Mackay who would rather gossip than actually help you with your resume. I accused them of a bait and switch and wanted my money back. They said of course they wouldn't do that and threw back a feedback form I had signed after the initial meeting when they are still playing you. They said if I went to the better business bureau or small claims court that they would use this feedback form against me.

When i spoke to the VP again to tell him I was disgruntled he suggested I switch counselors. As I had already paid $5000 (oh and course because I was so real, they told me I got a reduced rate!! Liars!!) I went to this new counselor, Wendall Lacombe, and made my complaints known to him only to be yelled at for the next 20 minutes that I was the one with a problem. They are very slick and have their rebuttals all ready for you having done this for so long.

The website is a joke. They are not an international company and was told by Wendell that the decals on the wall of all the other cities they supposedly exist were there on the wall when they moved into the office!!! Come on!! did he really think I was that stupid to believe that! The whole reception area is to make you think they are, but when you ask about any other offices or why their website has no contact information they lie.

I contacted a number of other individuals who I met in our 'marketing seminar' and asked if they were having similar issues. Each and every one of them was dissatisfied!! We all felt like chumps!! There 98% success rate is absolute BUNK

So I am paying through the nose for this unbelievable bad judgment call. If you are in Toronto you can get all the same service through any Employment Ontario assessment center -- if not more!

So while I have been humiliated by being snowed, I hope this missive will help others avoid the same traps I feel for. Read the rest of the reviews on this company -- look at the contract and how it doesn't say squat about all the other services they try to pitch to you.

Just stay away and if you need career advice, this is NOT the place to find it. NEVER pay for these services!! They are free all over the city.

Lesson learned the very hard and expensive way.

• La
    lasimo Aug 26, 2009

Hello Helen, thank you so much for sharing your experience. They called me today to go tomorrow for an interview but, definitely, I'll not go. Thank you again

RD Group InternationalScam and cheating!

I was called in for an interview just like everyone else who has filed a report against this company. William Kim is real slick - telling me how his mother is a Christian - and he can hook me up with clients the company has - it's all about networking and they have many contacts. William Kim told me how much potential I have, and all the 'nice' words that, looking back, make me now feel like I have been such an idiot! I paid up, nearly $6,000 - went through with the 'drill' - homework and all!
What surprised me though was that everything I did with the homework was not corrected nor provided with 'other ways' - I felt I knew everything already and was suspicious of why I paid so much for so little!! Long story short, I spent much time, effort and expense to meet with Gord MacKay, who was also very slick.

It has been more than a year since I last met with my career adviser - I was given the impression that my experience and education will land me a 6 figure income job in 4 months - but to date, I have had no contact whatsoever with the company nor Mr. MacKay who was so adamant he has a 98% success rate with all his clients. Truth be known, I should have been much wiser but I needed a job badly because I have 2 kids in university and my wife has cancer and I was laid off because of restructuring. Please be careful of this company - these people have no conscience - they are inhuman - preying on people who are already in a somewhat desperate situation - hence more prone to deceipt.

I HAD A REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE - PLEASE DON'T GET CAUGHT - I AM STILL TRYING TO RECOVER!!

James Perera Nov 24, 2008

I went to this place too and got suspicious and this Kim guy requested me to bring my wife next day to discuss about the job the have together.
    NEW Immigrants be careful about this company RD International. They advertised in their office at 350 Bay St Toronto, like they have other subsidiaries around the world...

John Apr 09, 2009

I too agree that it was a scam I also paid nearly $6000 dollars and I had to do the homework and got sweet nothing in retur. Gord MacKay success rate is very dismal beware eveybody it is a ripoff that should be investigated again...B

• Pr
    PRODDD Mar 18, 2010

I also lost $6, 000. I first came in contact with RD International at a Toronto Job Fair. They seemed legit. The second meeting I had with RD International was a high sale pitch meeting. I did not want to use their service at this time since I already had a second interview lined up with a new employer (which was already in the works before I went to RD International) I wanted to wait and would have used their service if I was unsuccesfull to get this new job. The high pressure sale tactics continued and doubts were put in my mind that I would very most likely not get the job I was being interviewed for. Futhermore, even if I got the job, I should be able to get something much better with RD International. They would show me how to access the hidden job market which would allow me to get jobs that pays $60, 000 and more. Needless to say, after the heavy sale tactics, I ended up giving my credit card and lost $6, 000. After one or two other meeting with my counsellor I was discouraged at the amount of homework they wanted me to do. I had no time for it neither. I then Googled RD International and found out I had been scammed. I did not want to waste anymore time on their homework and meetings since I knew based on the reports I read that it would be wasted time. I asked for a refund without success. I just gave up on it and took the lost. I wished I would have Googled first before going to that fateful second meeting.

• Su
    sublymonal May 20, 2010

This company is now posing under the names ESI Careers and Job Success! Avoid at all costs!

• Do
    doublelucky Oct 04, 2010

hey, my fellows. I owe you a lot, for everyone who has written these comments!!!
    You saved me a lot of money and prevented from such a headache. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

• Gw
    gwada Jul 24, 2011

problems with RD group international guyana; have you get experience with this company
    is anyone knows the general management of rd-group and the phone number to join them

• Co
    Community88 Aug 15, 2011

Thank you everyone for your comments about this organization. I was also called by them. They actually lied as they said they received my resume for a position I applied for. Later I called them and asked them how they got my resume and they said I was referred by another company but would not tell me which company. Tlhanks to all of you sharing your experience you saved me the drive to downtown TO and expensive parking but mostly saving me from laying out money I don't have right now. If you do a reverse look up on their address and phone number, they also go by the name Toronto Pathways.
    By the way, how do they afford the expensive rent on Bay St.?
    Thanks again everyone for sharing your comments.

• Ra
    racaman Aug 07, 2012

thanks all for the heads up - I had an appointment for tomorrow but I cancelled it and told them not to call me.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices