Rafter 6 Quarter Horses Complaints & Reviews

Rafter 6 Quarter HorsesRipped Off

I put a deposit on a horse and have a email from Christina saying I would get my money back if I didn't purchase him. This horse I was told had no bad vices -- he sat back when tied for one.
Even with the email saying she will send my money, I have just as many emails saying she sent my check and I never got it. She has several compliants that people have filed with the BBB, and has the lowest rating that a business can get. Now she moved to Lockhart?
She will hear from me and instead of her only having to pay me the 500.00 she owes, I'm slapping my attorney fees on top of it. I would not recommend anyone do business with her.

Rafter 6 Quarter HorsesDeceptive Trade Practices

Traded a APHA horse for a 2d barrel Horse for my 13yo, daughter rode her at their place of business horse did fine...made the trade! Got the horse home and my 13 yo tried to ride her at her 4h event and the horse was nuts and blowed up. Had a horse trainer ride her, the horse was nuts. Sold her to a profession well known barrel racer who sold her shortly after because the horse was nuts! When Rafter 6 was contacted about the situation and advised we wanted to trade horses back they said they had already sold my horse and that the horse had been beaten by its previous owner to make raun the patterns per Christine's assistant. Later talked to Christine and she claimed we had blew the horse up and they would not trade the horse back for anything they had. Wanted records to prove she was a 2d horse but would not and could not provide. Wish I had an attorney that would take this case. If you know of one, let me know.

Respond

Rafter 6 Quarter HorsesChristina Beaver

I attempted to purchase a pony from Rafter 6 Quarter Horses for use in a riding lesson program with small children. According to Rafter 6 Quarer Horses, the pony was gentle, obedient, rode English and Western, jumped, and would be suitable for my program. They required full payment in advance inorder to hold the pony until I could travel to see the pony and finalize the purchase. After they received my money, they stopped all communication with me and refused to return phone calls. I drove several hours to their ranch. The pony was difficult to catch, and it took 10 minutes to get a bit in his mouth; so thghtly was his jaw clamped. He was tense and nervous, and acted as though he might have been abused. When we attempted to ride him, he bolted, throwing my friend off in the process. I told Christina that I did not want the pony and that I wanted my money back. At first she told me that that's what I got for buying a pony sight unseen. Then, she drafted a document stating she would refund the money to me. Her mother called me, telling me she had done a bank transfer to my account, but this was never done. To date, they will not return my calls.

• Br
          Brenda D. Sep 21, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me -- they needed a $500.00 deposit to hold the horse, this horse was supposed to be bomb proof -- it was tied to a tree and saddled when we got there, terrible terrible feet,
          and I could never get my refund back -- even though I have in writing that she would refund my money, her Mother said the same thing -- the 500.00 is a scam, they get you so excited about a horse then make you believe it is going to sell if you don't give them the money, and then they don't make good on their promises. I heard the check was in the mail, my Mom mailed your check -- which I never got. I would never purchase a horse from this place, EVER!

One day Christine will have to answer to a higher authority for all her wrong doing. I hope it was worth it. I finally had to let it go and said well, I donated $500.00 to charity.

Rafter 6 Quarter HorsesDeceptive Trade Practice

Found guilty in Bastrop District Court for Deceptive Trade Practices. Evil people. Can not be trusted. Contact me for full story

• Co
            CowgirlTina Jun 13, 2009

I had planned to go out to her ranch for the summer and work. I ride barrels & other speed events on my own horse, and she offered me a job working with and training some of her horses to sell. I went out there two years ago, and didnt have any problems like the ones I see being complained about now. Are these new problems?

Rafter 6 Quarter Horses — Deceptive business practice

Complaint against Rafter 6 Quarter Horses Red Rock TX. I have been making payments on a horse and now find...