phonepages.ca Complaints & Reviews

phonepages.catelephone listing company

This group phone and ask you if you want to renew your contract with them, at which time you assume that your company must be dealing with the yellow pages people. A quick search reveals that this is not the group you think you are dealing with and when we phoned to complain, we find out that the "renewal" is of a free year of listing that we had not signed up for. So you in fact were not previously a client. The renewal is a $300 plus charge. This is a very clever scam. We now receive notices from them every week. They were instructed to remove our listing. This has been ignored and the harassment continues.

phonepages.caUnauthorized Renewal

They call claiming to talk about your recent renewal. You have no idea what their talking about. Aparently they spoke to you or someone else a year ago to get a subscription. Last year they caught you off-guard, at a busy time or intimidated you etc. and you paid for the ad. They have a recording and "supposedly" sent the "contract" to you in mail, email, fax or whatever. You cancel. But, the ad started 4 days ago, so you have to pay the cancelation fee of $300. If you don't it will revert back to $5oo and go to collections. $300 for 4 days of advertising of an add the renewal of which was an "assumed sale" because You didn't call them 2 months ago to cancel.

Google "Phone Pages" and scam, to get more details and see posts from others that they are trying to take advantage of. If even 10 people get intimidated into paying that's 5 grand in their pockets.

I reported them here, to the Better Business Bureau (which they are NOT members of - they lied about that as well), phonebusters and the RCMP.

Please investigate this before paying. If enough people complain the authorities will have no choice to shut them down. Unfortunately some companies don't "own" any of the assets and just start up again immediately under another limited company using the same staff, phones, customer lists etc.

How can you be sure these arn't the same people that have ripped you off in the past??? I have received calls or paid for adds from about 8 different "on-line advertisers". Maybe I am in the wrong line of work!!!

• Be
    Beave Mar 26, 2009

I was also targeted by this scam! They got me at a busy time. Convinced me somehow that I am "renewing my ad". And got me to agree to be added to their site. They then got their "confirmation department"(or whatever they called it), to contact me and confirm my subscription to their website. Both conversations were recorded, but they only told me they were recording the second conversation and therefor "by law" can only play for me the second conversation! How convenient to them, play only the conversation of me confirming the order, and not the conversation were they scammed me! They charged me $195 for 1 year of service, which I guess is not a bad deal if I wanted this service, and if I cancel they will charge me a $150 cancellation fee! When calling them, they guy on the phone was very rude and would not help me at all. I have submitted a complaint to the BBB, with no response... I promptly canceled this service, asked them to remove me from their website and told them I will not pay any cancellation fee as it had only been a week since I signed up, have received absolutely NO business from their website and they scammed me. Approximately 2 weeks later I received a fax stating my current unpaid balance with interest. I checked, and they have still not removed me from their website. I responded again asking them to cancel my service, reverse my charges, and stop contacting me. I refuse to pay them, not because I can't afford to pay them, but because I believe I don't owe them a penny.

• Ec
    echostore Apr 21, 2009

This company called my business and asked my wife if she was interested in a listing on their website and she responded that she was and that she had the authority to make this decision. She did not have the authority to make this decision and when she advised me of this offer she had accepted I immediately tried to call the company to cancel. Because I did not have an invoice number I could not speak to anyone. I waited for the invoice to arrive and called the company and told them to cancel this service as it was not wanted. The company told me it was authorized by my wife at which time I explained that she was not authorized to make this decision and they told me thats my problem. I sent them a fax after my conversation notifying them to cancel my service. Today I recieved a bill again stating I am overdue. Nobody returns my calls from this company. I also stated that I wanted my listing removed as I do not want to be associated with this company.

• Uk
    Ukeeboy Aug 24, 2009

Wow! The message from echostore is exactly what happened to me! Now they are threatening to call a collections agency against us! Fat chance that's gonna work for them! I did talk to a woman and she was a cow about it. I even offered to send the legal documents to here showing that I was the only owner and the only person to have authorizing authority...which she promptly cut me off ever time.

What a bunch of crap!

• SPG Consultants Oct 02, 2009

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,

• Wh
    whatdotheywant Mar 23, 2012

We too have had a huge problem with this company. We advised them we would contact our lawyer & the RCMP. They have since backed off, not sure how long this will last though.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices