Pet Supplies Plus Complaints & Reviews

Pet Supplies Plusrefund

Returned unopened puppy training pads. 14 dollars. They insisted on returning it to my debit card. That is what they say they did! My bank has no record of the transaction. I was not told to expect a delay in the funds being returned to me! Still waiting. Giving them 5 days then I am contacting BBB and make complaint at local police department.I will just choose to do business at Petco.

Pet Supplies PlusUnlawful Termination

Was terminated at company meeting in front of entire staff; was presented by management with a false report on me having bad attitude, when I provide the best in customer service. They also wrote statements defaming me to make me look like a bad employee and, since I've no write ups, because I'm a good employee, they had to manufacture a complete page of lies to try to cover their own butts legally. They are crooks. Brandy Schlegel is the general manager of that store. Robin is the assistant manager, they are both guilty of wrongful termination and falsification of documents, not to mention owe me lost wages and damages from being unjustly terminated in front of my peers. If I had the money for a lawyer, I'd sue this company into oblivion.

Pet Supplies PlusAnimal Neglect

Several months ago I wrote a letter of complaint to the headquarters of Pet Supply Plus because on countless occasions I have witnessed the birds in that store being neglected in the sense that they have little or no food, filthy or no water, and many of these birds had untreated diseases/illness. Today I stopped in again to check on the situation and nothing had changed---these birds are living in horrid conditions. BOYCOTT PET SUPPLY PLUS

Pet Supplies Plusunhealthy animals

I just had my son's youngesst guinea pig die today. The guinea pig was not healthy when I bought him, which I didn't know until it was too late to return him for a refund. This is not first unhealthy animal that I bought from Pet Supplies Plus. I have gone into the store to consider buying an animal and found that the animals had no fod or water. I will not buy my pets from PSP ever again. I am going to register a complaint with their animal buying department tomorrow. When doing business with Pet Supplies Plus, do so with EXTREME CAUTION.

• Me
    metalicgecko Jun 09, 2010

I completely disagree with this statement although maybe one or two stores may have this issue the majority of the stores have some of the happiest and healthy animals unlike a petco or petsmart who contrary to what you see just kills their animals if they are sick behind the scenes... I recommend if you ever have a issue go to www.petsuppliesplus.com and there is a contact page... I received a response and a solution to my answer in TWO days from the owner of the store I shop at.

AngryShopper1987 Apr 26, 2011

If you actually read the receipt there is only a 7 day guarantee when you buy live animals except for feeder fish, mice and rats which have no guarantee since they are food

Pet Supplies PlusAnimal Abuse

Today i witnessed something so disturbing, i almost puked! I walked into Pet Supplies Plus of Lima Ohio and my heart broke in two! I stood there, watching this defenseless Canary being horrifyingly neglected. Its beak was never attended too, so it became horribly deformed! Then i took another look, and saw its nails. ALMOST A HALF AN INCH LONG! OMG! They are never suppose to reach that length, being a CANARY! Overall health was sickening. He/She could barley keep their eyes open or keep balance on my finger. It was so sick and scared, i could feel the fast paced heart beat against my hand. And to top it all off, this poor bird was being picked on by the other canarys in its cage. I saw this bird, in the same condition about three weeks ago to January 22, 2009. I told the assitant manger what was wrong, and that this bird should not be treated like so. He promised to do something about it. I thought things would get done. Unfortunatly i walked back into the store today (January 22, 2009) and saw that the bird was in the same condition as three weeks ago. SO I ASK YOU NOW, TO NOT STAND FOR THIS ANIMAL ABUSE! TO TAKE ACTION AT ONCE!!! When I say take action, i say stop purchesing stuff/animals from Pet Supplies Plus. The less we buy from them, makes it harder for them to keep business. Which means if we make it so they can't keep their business, less animals will be ABUSED!
This may sound stupid to some of you. But these animals are gods creatures. Made to be loved and respected. Which PET SUPPLIES PLUS IS DOING NEITHER OF THESE THINGS!

STOP THE ANIMAL ABUSE! Please have a heart for these defensless, loving creatures!

Melissa Marie Vaden
[protected]@hotmail.com Please e-mail me if you are willing to help!

• Bi
    Big Steamer Jul 24, 2009

I purchased a sick Tomato Frog from them and it died a couple hours later. :( Although when I was little I bought 2 perfectly healthy lizards and seen very happy birds singing in there.