Nowland Pomeranians Complaints & Reviews

Nowland PomeraniansBad Dog Breeder

We decided to get a Pomeranian puppy from Kim Nowland after my mother's dog died of cancer 2 weeks ago. When I first called Kim I asked her the price of the puppy and she said well how much do you want to spend? I told he I paid $850 for mine and she said $800 without papers.

As it started getting closer to time to get her we found out that she had never been to the vet. She said 'I'm not going to spend $30 for a shot when I can spend $3 and do it myself" We asked the dogs weight and she said she really didn't know. I later found out you have to know the exact weight to give a dog shots and deworm it so we thought something was up right there. At 7 weeks my Mom asked her how many shots she had and she replied none. After talking to other breeders we found out that she should of had a set of shots already.

When we asked about overbite and underbite she said "Who cares it is just a pet"

I found out also from several other breeders that akc rules state every litter is to be registered & every puppy goes with registration papers.

When we found this out and asked her she said at it would be $1800 to just get a registration.

I got my Champion Sired Pom for $850 with full breeding rights.

She said she wouldn't drive the puppy to us also without fulling paying her first. She lived a few hours away. My mom was going to pay extra money to have her delivered and she wouldn't bring her until she was fully paid first.

Since the puppy did not have a vet report and this breeder would say one thing one minute then the opposite the other we decided to question her more.

This is the exact letter that was sent to her:

----Original Message-----
From: >
To: nowla3 <[protected]@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 16, 2012 3:49 pm
Subject: (no subject)

I want vet check becauseonly a vet can tell stuff like open fontella & other things that can make any dog need special care. I also want fecal test. Also I found out that I can still get papers but you can put limited registeration on it that is usually what breeders do with dogs they are selling that are AKC but dont want dogs bred. Otherwise a person buying a puppy would have no idea what kind of pup they are getting.

Rose

and here is her exact reply:

From: [protected]@aol.com
To:
Sent: 4/16/2012 6:11:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Re: (no subject)

Sorry she died.

Kimberly Nowland

Then even after receiving this message she emailed my Mom AGAIN and told her that the dog was going to be $800 for a Pet without papers but if we had wanted papers she would be $1800. THEN she said" I GUESS NEITHER ONE OF US HAS TO WORRY ABOUT THAT NOW"

After this we wrote her back asking when she would tell us and that we were being scammed.

So then I get this message from her:

I hear your talking ###. Watch what you say. I have no reason to sue you at this time but you [censored] with my business I will have a lawyer so far down your throat you will choke to death. I am not selling the girl without papers. That is all there is to it. I told you that from day one. No reason to get pissed about it. OK. I certainly could not care any less. She does not need to go anywhere. If I register her I have a dozen homes to place her at. I just thought your moms story was a sad one and the sister has a bad bite so she this litter is not what I would consider an AKC quality litter and I will by no means be registering a pet litter out of a pet ###. So the deal is dead. Dead dead dead. K Never Mind Sold her LOL

BEWARE OF THIS BREEDER!!

All we wanted was a female Pomeranian for PET only and spayed. We have no desire to breed her yet we wanted a dog with good lines and a good history of health.

Kimberly Nowland Jun 27, 2012

This person is not the kind of person I am willing to sell to. I refused to sell her a baby and the rest is her cry baby act. Yes she paid 850 or so for a girl but she is 8 1/2 to 9 lbs. The puppy was for her mother who's dog was put down for having cancer. It did not die. It was cheaper to replace it than treat it. The lady is also allergic to dogs. So my ruling is as I said. NO DEAL. So try to discredit me all you want. I will not be bullied into selling you one of my loved babies. This girl was not being sold with breeding rights because she was only going to be 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. I have the right to refuse to sell a baby into a bad situation. Period.
    www.nowlandpoms.com

Kimberly Nowland Jun 27, 2012

Please note all the rest of that stuff I know nothing about. Just someone being childish because I would not sell them a dog. All babies have to be vet checked. Papers do not make a dog a full bred. Quality breeders do. I only have one male and I only have one breed. This person knows little to nothing about AKC or about dogs. I have to say I certainly made the right decision on that one. (:

TinkerPom Jun 28, 2012

Actually we told you right away that our dog had to be put down because the cancer could not be cured. The Vet even said she didn't have long to live and that she was in a lot of pain, so the best thing was to put her down. My mom cried and cried for days and is still upset over it, so how dare you say she did it because she didn't want to pay for it. We had also told you that we paid a lot for the dog in the first place AND also had paid to get both of her knees replaced. So if you thought this about us then you would of not even went forward with planning on selling us the dog. We had this deal going for a few WEEKS and talking most days so you knew from the beginning about my mom's dog. You told my Mom YOU wanted HER to have the dog after hearing everything. So don't try to act like she had anything to do with it now. Another thing I should of known was strange is when I FIRST talked to you and showed you My Dog I asked you how much the dog you were selling was and you then asked me "Well how much did you pay for yours?" What kind of deal is that?

My dog is not no where near that weight, she is 6.6lbs because she is fat LOL not because of her overall size. Funny how you liked my dog so much until this happened. My Dog has much better lines than your dogs do. Her father is Ch Three Sons the Family Guy. Along with Grandparents BIS BISS Ch. Valcopy Wakhan Valentino, ROMX, ROMX HOF BIS/BISS AM Ch Finch's He Walks on Water . Other lines include Jan-Shar, Lil Darlins, Chrisendo, Sungold, and many others. So nice pathetic try on insulting my dog.

My mom never said she was allergic to dogs so I do not know where you keep getting that. She said if there is a lot of fur all over it bothers her. She told you she wanted a pom now because after I bought a pom and she had her every day while I am working that she seen that if the dog is brushed it is fine. I told you this and again you had no problem selling us the dog. We did not want breeding rights, but you did not even register the Litter with AKC which is not right. You told us she is AKC but we wouldn't get papers, but you didn't register her with AKC to begin with.

After we talked to other breeders we know we told them we weren't going to get papers because you don't want the puppy bred. They told us we could still get papers but they are limited. This is email my sent you and she saved all emails...(I want vet check because only a vet can tell stuff like open fontella & other things that can make any dog need special care. I also want fecal test. Also I found out that I can still get papers but you can put limited registeration on it that is usually what breeders do with dogs they are selling that are AKC but dont want dogs bred. Otherwise a person buying a puppy would have no idea what kind of pup they are getting.)... after sending you the email A FEW MINUTES later you sent my mom back a letter saying ..."She died" We had to laugh after we posted this complaint you went in and changed your site it now says they that all pups will have check ups so you even know we were right in wanting check up.
    You didn't know the dog's weight at any point you said you needed new scale and even forgot her age a few times. We talked for a few weeks and at no time did you have problem with us having puppy. Whenever we asked a question you came back only talking about Money. I have since had two different people contact me and tell me that they got dogs from you that developed Black Skin Disease. We have a much better Pom now and one from a Breeder that no one has bad things to say about. I have email proof of everything I have said and posted. You wrote a letter to my mom after I posted this and said "###" WOW you are real professional aren't you.

Kimberly Nowland Aug 04, 2012

No matter the lies you keep posting I will never sell you a dog. You put your dog down. You said it and I did not make it up. Your mom is the one who said she is allergic to dogs. I did not make it up. I would not change things on my site to suit you. I change them because obviously you are putting out lies and I need to clarify it. The deal died. The puppy went to a good home the next day with a young lady who wanted her and was way more qualified to take care of a tiny. Your mom told me the weight of your dog so are you calling her a liar. It does not matter. I still find you unqualified to own one of my dogs. I have that right and responsibility to my dogs. So write your long winded letters it is what it is. Grow up. As for the "C" word. You are earning that now aren't you. I think you blew the deal for your mom. I think you hurt her and are trying to make it up by lashing out at me. Get over it. Everyone does not have to like you.

Comments

Kimberly Nowland Jul 26, 2019

@Kimberly Nowland PS I never said I liked your dog. Ever. And the dog with the cancer and bad knees. Maybe that is who you should have been writing about. Not someone who cares enough about her pups not to just place them with unrealistic people who try to discredit you because they are mad that I won't give into their demands and no if I don't register a litter I don't have to nor am I obligated to give you AKC papers ever. I am in control of my pups and no one else. Don't go through life being so hateful to people. If you got called the C**t word it is only because you earned it!

TinkerPom Aug 23, 2012

Once again I have the email proof and you have nothing. Believe me I would not want one of your dogs, especially after hearing all the complaints of Blackskin disease and your unprofessionalism. My mom never told you my dog's weight I did. How can you remember my dog's weight when you can't even remember your own dog's weight or their date of birth? Both of which you didn't know. A breeder without a working scale? I never heard of such a thing. Once again my mom never said she was allergic. Also when you told us that the puppy was "mad" because you took her out of her crate and she wasn't use to that, we knew you were a crate breeder. No thanks. We are glad we seen your true colors before getting a puppy from you.
    Plus the rude emails and arguing with your husband on the phone while on with my Mom? All very strange and red flags to not buy from you.

• Tj
    TJ Sheltie Feb 11, 2013

Just one more comment - black skin disease is a huge source of frustration for all pom breeders. There is currently no genetic testing that is available to predict it. It is a virtual crap shoot every time a breeding is done. The best a breeder can do is to research the dogs behind the mother and father, hope all the information they have been given is the truth (as to whether there has ever been any BSD back in previous generations). Even if there has been no evidence of BSD is previous generations, they still need to pray they do not have two perfectly normal looking parents who end up to be carrying the gene for BSD. No buyer should judge a breeder on whether they have ever produced a dog with black skin disease.

The national club helps to fund research by various veterinary schools at the present time, but right now, there are NO tests a breeder can do to prevent breeding a puppy who has it. The only good thing about BSD is that the affected dogs are usually perfectly healthy in all other aspects, they just have less hair and need to wear sweaters !

• Be
    Bec Drakenhall Jan 29, 2016

Good grief. One is an illiterate, spell check challenged buyer who just wants to get a cheap deal and conceivably breed substandard Poms (why else the "breeding rights"), and the other is an irritated seller who thought this was going to be a quick transaction disposing of a runt. Yes, $1800 sounds about right - and for that, some scrupulous Pom breeders will not even permit full registration. Anyone who spends $850 is not getting an AKC breed standard Pom. Sum total - you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Nowland PomeraniansBEWARE OF THIS BREEDER

We decided to get a Pomeranian puppy from Kim Nowland after my mother's dog died of cancer 2 weeks ago. When I first called Kim I asked her the price of the puppy and she say well how much do you want to spend? I told he I paid $850 for mine and she said $800 without papers.

I got my Champion Sired Pom for $850 with full breeding rights.

This is the exact letter that was sent to her:

Sorry she died.

So then I get this message from her:

BEWARE OF THIS BREEDER

TinkerPom Apr 22, 2012

Well you are more than welcome to comment and I will respond. She has a business so everyone can just go to her website and see her email address with their own eyes. If her email address was not posted on her site then I would not of listed it. She has continued to contact us and nasty emails. One she sent simply just said "###" Wow real classy.

• Co
    Concerned Party 156 Jun 06, 2012

Congratulations Kim for not selling these people that puppy.People THINK they can push you in a corner and that you will do what they want, even if it is not in the best interest of the puppy. YOUR LOSS AS SHE HAS BEAUTIFUL DOGS. EVERY BREEDER has the right to stop a sale if they deem it not in the best interest for themselves or the puppy. BREEDERS deal with this every day, yet you are trying to ruin her reputation with a negative report, SHAME ON YOU!!! That is all I have to say. Don't worry about this report or any others that may be posted, anyone that has half a brain can see where the problem is. !

• Tj
    TJ Sheltie Feb 11, 2013

Not well handled by the breeder. I would have explained my position on shots and worming and then gone from there. I don't always take a litter to the vet, but that is usually because of my own inability to bet there (and we are not required to by law in my state, unlike some other states). I do give a health guarantee also that states if a vet finds anything wrong, then I will take the pup back or make amends of some sort. I do agree with the breeder on some things, why waste money on a vet visit for the vet to take 5 minutes to barely check over each puppy and to give it shots - I have a stethescope and listen to each one, I have a thermometer and can check temps, and I know what "normal" is supposed to look like. I also can do float tests for fecal parasites at home and I know how to give shots. Been doing all this for over 30 years, probably much longer than some of the younger vets!

There are varied opinions about shots and it sounds like the buyer talked to some breeders who do "what has always been done" and give 3 or 4 sets of shots by the time a pup is 8 weeks old. The current proven regimen is better for the puppies, and that is to not give shots as young as we used to and also to not give so many, as it has been proven to be damaging to their immune systems. It is perfectly reasonable for a breeder to be giving shots themselves - just ask that they give you the sticker off the vaccine vials - that is what I do and what most of the reputable breeders I know do also. That way there is proof of the shots and exactly what was given. I typically will give one shot at around 7-8 weeks and a second shot at 14-16 weeks and be done until the 1-year shot. I also don't like to let my puppies go before 10-12 weeks, but that differs with each breeder as well. Rabies I hold off as long as possible, according to state laws, the later it can be done is better for the puppy. Most vets don't like the reduced number of shots because then they don't make money. I also do not give all the "extra" shots being promoted either - Lyme, canine flu or kennel cough, among others. These just further add to compromising the immune systems, but help make money for the vets. I suggest to each new puppy owner that they do their research and decide on their own. As far as worming, I do those routinely at certain ages and most breeders do as well. They will usually be listed on a card your breeder gives you with the date and what was given. These are given according to a span of weight (poms are easier to do than bigger breeds, as they generally all fall into the same weight span as babies), so this breeder did not need to know the exact weight of the puppy to be able to worm her either.

As far as registration goes, AKC is not fond of unregistered litters, as then they don't make any money. I can't remember not registering a litter, but with poms, sometimes you get only one puppy in a litter and if you know, as a breeder, this puppy is going to be a pet and not compete in obedience or anything else a pet can do, then it does cost a lot to register a litter of just one puppy. Normally the basic registration cost is figured into what we charge already (it can cost the breeder around $100, more or less, to register an average-sized litter). Limited registration just means that the puppy cannot be bred, but it costs the breeder the same.

Overall, it sounds like both sides got a little testy and flew off the handle at each other. I also think that had the buyer got some better explanations, she may not have been so upset. Also, had she gotten some better information as to why we give shots at home, why it is okay, and why we give the number of shots we do now, then maybe she would not have felt she was trying to be scammed or cheated. Better communications would have helped, maybe not have resulted in the buyer getting a puppy from this breeder, but at least would maybe have resulted in the buyer not having been left with such a bad taste in her mouth!

By the way, I do NOT know either the buyer or the breeder personally. I just happened to have read this interaction after having "googled" the breeder, and felt compelled to do some explaining, just so other people can maybe be better informed in the future before thinking someone is a horrible breeder !!

Kimberly Nowland Jul 26, 2019

@TJ Sheltie Noone gives 3 or 4 shots by 8 weeks the pup would be dead. This was explained but everything fell on deaf ears. I told her we give the shots at home because it is safer, we deworm at home and that is based on weight of baby.
    Yes, I got mad but not until she posted a negative report that can never be taken down without paying tens of thousands to this site. I love and care for these babies. You can give a 4 week old a parvo but that is one vaccine. It does not cover the many diseases that need to be covered. At 4 weeks this puppy was the size of a newborn pomeranian. No way was I about to give her a shot that I thought could possibly put her down. I played it safe and she grew up to be a beautiful healthy adult. I did the right thing for the baby not the demanding unreasonable lying wanna be buyer. How can I scam her when I refused to even sell to her. Thank you for your evaluation. I care about these babies and there health and safety comes first. If they refuse to understand I just can't fix unreasonable people. Nor do I have a ton of time to waste on them.

• Su
    suzsch Jan 08, 2020

Received a pomeranian from Kim Nowland and Nowland poms. It has been an exceptional dog!! Clear health and beautiful!!