MyContractor.com Complaints & Reviews

MyContractor.com — faulty business practices

On September 6, 2008, my wife and I entered into a contract with My Contractor.com to have our backyard...

MyContractor.comSTAY AWAY FROM mycontractor.com

We picked out Mycontractor.com from San Jose's Tapestry Art Festival based on all the glory services that they provide such as free design with software and estimate, flexible schedule, and no payment until satisfied etc. They sent a man named Kevin Kawley to our house. He spent 3 hrs talking about what the company can do, taking measurements, and showing off his company's reputation. What disappointed us is that the "Software" they use to design is "PEN & PAPER". The guy said he doesn't know why people at the show said there's software b/c they don't have it. And then when we went on to the work schedule, he said no way that they'll work around the client's schedule. They work 8am-4pm and that's it. If we can't accommodate that, go get a handyman. Continue on to payment, only the last 10% of the project that will be paid upon job completion, not the whole project cost. He promised to get back to us with an estimate in 2 days...NEVER HEARD FROM THE GUY. We called him and he said he did send it but he can send it again. We believed him...waited and waited a few more days... he disappeared. A couple days later, someone else from Mycontractor.com called and said Kevin Kawley got fired and apologized blah blah blah. They said Kevin never passed along all the measurements so they would have to come to our house again in order to give an estimate. I told my husband to forget it since they're flaky. They kept calling and calling us all week, begging for a 2nd chance. My husband felt bad and agreed to give them another chance. We purposed came home early on Fri to wait for them, guess what, NO CALL NO SHOW. They don't have business with us yet and they're already this bad. Not in a million years that we would go with this company.

Joe Oct 25, 2008

I was one of the sub-contractors for the company ...They dont pay there subs causeing them to put liens on customer homes . I dont recomend MyContractor for nothing

MyContractor Customer Care Feb 12, 2009

MyContractor uses software by Reno Works, an industry leader and partner, to design many of our projects. Many estimators and customers prefer to hand draw their projects, or hand draw the initial design and then use a computer to create more detailed plans.

Kevin Kawley, the representative named above, is no longer with MyContractor.

Most sub-contractors are paid in full at the completion of of our jobs. Unfortunately, sometimes subs are not paid in full due to warranty issues or other quality control measures. Once a job has been completed, inspected and has final permits signed off, we will release any outstanding monies owed.

• Cl
    Cliff Feb 19, 2009

These guys are schiesters. The only way to get even with them is to show up at the home and garden shows and stand in front of their booth and let everyone know how they conduct business. I have a full schedule from Concord to San Jose to do that very thing this year. We have posted complaints with the Better Business Bureau with not much success. Painful lesson since we have a kithchen that basically will need to be redone. No shows no response to calls as you have all indicated. Got to hit them where it hurts...new customers need to be warned in person whenever they set up shop at the shows. We had the no show after the work, after the payment on what was supposed to be the point where they agree for the corrections.

MyContractor.comSafety and labor issues

There are several issues I have dealt with when it comes to this company. First, they over charge but will pressure you when they arrive at your house for that free estimate. Secondly After I finally got the slimeball who came out for my estimate out of my house I discovered that this person happened to have a criminal record that consisted of felonies revolving around drugs and violent crimes. I also discovered that this sales person was not even on the mycontractor license. This really got me heated! Now that I have done work with a reputable company... this mycontractor.com keeps calling me several times a week! If I can give one word of advice... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! and do a little research on the people that are associated with it!! To have a guy like that in my home... around my children still makes me angry! I trusted this guy to be in my home... and I trusted this company to insure the safety of my family... FAT CHANCE they did!

MyContractor Customer Care Feb 12, 2009

All MyContractor sales representatives are California State License Board licensed representatives. Because no sales representatives of ours are names in the above complaint, we can not accurately respond to these unwarranted comments.

We are proud of our team of industry professionals including designers, project managers and our office staff. It is unfortunate that someone would post these comments without speaking to us regarding one of our employees.

MyContractor Customer Care Feb 12, 2009

Mark, please contact us at our office to further discuss.

salesguy Mar 12, 2009

They are liars! Dave Loetz, Pete Maiorana, Jeff Thompson, and especially Gary Iskra (owner) are frauds, and have ripped off customers and employees alike. Stay away from these people, they are only interested in lining their pockets and stealing your money. MyContractor.com is no longer in business, but I can assure you that they will try to start up again under another name. Don't let them con you!

• Th
    the watchman Mar 19, 2009

It would not suprize me if the concord office did shut down. I was and am stil owned $8, 800. I know a roofer who is out $34, 000. these are very bad people. I can not believe the State does not shut them down.

MyContractor.comAbuse/non payment

Manager was verbally abusive on many occasions. Payment for services I made to company were not made to me as promised.

• Ri
    Rick Ladendorf Jul 08, 2008

As an ex employee, I am owed a significant amount of money from MyContractor.com for unreimbursed business expenses. Promise were made for months, both written and verbal and yet no payments have been made. I am filing in Small Claims court today for $6, 000 with an additional $16, 000 civil suit coming later this week for product sold to the company which have never been paid.

MyContractor Customer Care Feb 12, 2009

Mr. Rick Ladendorf was released of his services with MyContractor.com in 2008. There are no outstanding claims between MyContractor.com and Rick Ladendorf.

We have no record of any individual, past or present, named "Shane". We also do not have any outstanding claims by any current or ex-employee in PA.

• Th
    the watchman Mar 19, 2009

My Con Dot com does not pay its contractors, the company is based in PA but has several offices all over, Concord Calif is where I had the misfortune to meet Bruce Hosmer and David Loetz, who lie, steal and cheat there contactors out of the money they owe them. I to had to resort to a complaint against there lic.

Lesson learned, google search anybody you are going to do business with.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices