Mbcontact.com Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Mbcontact.com — Thieves

I was attempting to buy my very first purchase on itunes. I was directed to the company MBCONTACT.COM which...

Resolved Mbcontact.comFraudulent Scam Websites

BEWARE - THERE ARE NO UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTIONS TO ITUNES - anything else is a scam!!!
wanting to download some TV and movies from i tunes for a trip and never having done this, i googled itunes downloads. I ended up with 3 yr unlimited access VIP membership for itunes - which seemed to be a great deal for $59.86 Trying to access the site they then email you with password etc... i realized nothing was working. Upon calling Itunes to find out how this should work, I was informed that MBConacts has NO affiliation with itunes and there are no unlimited subscriptions - it doesn't exist.
My alarm bells went off and i googled MBCONTACTS to find a slew of other unhappy troupers who had been scammed by them and fell into the same trap. After disputing the charge and confronting them via tel and via email. I have received confirmation from MBContact that the subscription has been canceled and the money will be refunded! I hope it will otherwsie this will be a further scam of theirs and i will not rest!

• In
    IndianaGuy Apr 01, 2009

iTunes is pretty expensive - it's about 99 cents per song. I would like an unlimited membership. Were did you get yours at?

Resolved Mbcontact.comunauthorized charges

Started by getting charges on my VISA credit card and I have contacted the credit card company. My VISA account has been credited but they continue making charges to the same account.

• Ro
    Rob Feb 23, 2009

I went online to update my Spybot Search & Destroy software using Google. I was connected to a website falsely using Spybot in their title (spyware_remover=spybot. I downloaded the software charging $47.76 to my debitcard.

My security system (Avast) blocked the software from being activated warning a Virus.

I sent the MBcontact.com an email notifying them and requesting a refund. They have promised to refund the charge. I haven't received it to date. I just wanted to warn any unsuspecting person of this.

• Su
    Sue Hughes May 14, 2009

Has anyone actually been able to contact these people? I did not authorize payment to my credit card but it came thru authorization accepted. I immediately contacted my credit card company and they said that it was showing only minutes after this happened. I have been trying to get ahold of this company for hours now to make sure they cancel this purchase with no luck. My card company says that when my next statement comes in, I have to file a dispute paper in order to have it removed from my account.

Resolved Mbcontact.comItunes

My son went onto the site thinking it was legit, used my credit card without my knowledge, I found him doing it, canceled the transaction and to my surprise I got a bill the next day deducting the amount, I have tried with several emails to get them to cancel before it went through, alas to no avail, I though right they've finally took the money, I might as well let my son use the 3 year membership and the products, being itunes, nothing, he or I can't get nothing from this website, these people are parasites, they are destroying whatever there is good about buying online, and something must be done to stop them, surely it is illegal what they are doing, anyway I am 33 pounds out of pocket, but I'm hioping what comes around goes around and may these people rot in hell for what they are doing, thats how strongly I feel about this...thank you for letting me vent a bit

• Aj
    Ajhalllpn Jan 04, 2009

I noticed an email from mbcontact "confirming" a purchase I do not recall making, stating my credit card was billed $46. I smelled a rotten fish! I clicked on a "Click here to continue" web address, which contained a reference to Ipod in the address string, and was brought to a slick looking site, claiming the were a 3rd party billing company. There was no hint of what I supposedly bought. However, before being able to "track" my "purchase", I was instructed to click on "Agree to Terms and Service" in order to continue on. Subtle warnings stated they knew the IP address of my computer, and its geographic location, and they would fully prosecute "Fraud attempts will be prosecuted"Alarms bells going off!! I did not go further by accepting and agreeing to their terms and services. I will be contacting my credit card holder to see if payment can be stopped, or at least deauthorize MBContact.com from accessing my account in the future. Will also block mail from this site. Finally, I will contact the State of Maine's Attorney General, E-fraud Division. Relieved I'm not the only one bittin by this nasty phish, and I appreciate the suggestions, comments, and experiences you all offer. Good luck to all. May these guys spend a bit of time in an old, dank, decaying penitentiary.

Resolved Mbcontact.comAccount Company (Fraud)

After alot of research I found out that MBContact.com is a accounting firm that has been hired by as many as 600 web sites that are either on the level or scam companies. I typed in I Tunes.com and was re-directed to what I thought was I tunes to down load music. I had bought tree years of music finding out that that was not true. I called right away to get a refund and contacted I Tunes and reported at least the company that takes the money out of banks for the real scamers. I Tunes said that when your browser takes you to other web-sites that means you have what they call a WEB-BROWSER HI-JACKER VIRUS. MBCONTACT.COM said that they would refund the money with no problem. I contacted my bank and they said they were going to cansel my VISA as it has now been compromised and the scam companies store them in there data base and use them at a later date. So canceling your card payment must be permenant. George A Romero

Mbcontact.comSpoof Site

This company is spoofing Google Earth and selling the software that is available free on Google's site. I believed that I was purchasing a copy of the Google Earth Plus software, and the company charged $68 to my card. But their download area only offers the free version of Google Earth. There is no trace of my order with Google, and they are not an authorized vendor. You will be able to tell that you have been redirected to a spoof site because their sales site goes under the name MBContact.com. They have a fake download and members area. It is a good looking scam... but a scam nonetheless. Research indicates that they come from the UAE.

• Mi
    Michael E Davis Jun 08, 2008

I thought I was buying the latest version of Google Earth but all they had to down load was the same version that is available for free from Google The original link came from:
    http://dailyonline-news.com/[email protected]

with the attached email

New Navigation Features added in Google Earth 4.3
    Go Here to watch video
    Fly to your house, type in an address, search and zoom right in.
    Searach schools, parks, restaurants & hotels. Plus driving directions.
    Tilt and rotate for 3D terrain and building structures
    Go here to also explore the universe
    Search and find different star constellations.
    Locate and find comets, asteroids and other heavenly bodies.
    A new perspective from our tiny planet.
    Go here to enjoy Earth 4.3
    Have a Great Earth Day!
    Steven Nantel
    Sales VP

C.Hickey Sep 17, 2008

I too was sucked in to download the latest version of google earth and was shocked to find £34 taken from my account when in actual fact I had only agreed to a years subscription about £9 I thought because it was google that it was genuine, and of course you get nothing and no answer when you try to contact them please beware

• Ra
    Rae Dec 29, 2008

www.itunesmao.com is another one of MbContact.Com's fraudulent websites for unlimited iTunes downloads for subscription fees.

I filled out the information needed for a year subscription, has the transaction processed, and tried to proceed to the final webpage to download iTunes and came up with a 404. Ultimately I ended up being forced to cancel and reissue my credit card and spend the next six months worrying about possible identity theft.

Criminal action like this needs to stop and as many people as possible need to know about it.

• Ra
    Rae Dec 29, 2008

I felt the need to add:

To anyone else who has unfortunately fallen prey to MbContact.Com I recommend you also cancel your credit card (in case they attempt to charge you more then once), call your bank and make sure all accounts are accounted for and have them take security measures to monitor any possible suspicious activity, as well as call the three credit bureaus and report possible identity theft and have them monitor your credit activity so they can inform you if any new cards are issued in your name.

Here is MbContact.Com’s own list of websites from their personal host. http://46-165.bluehost.com/ <--ALL THESE WEBSITES ARE FRAUDULENT!

Post this information in your own personal livejournals, facebooks, and myspaces and let your friends know! The more this is passed around the less chance MbContact.com has of duping more unsuspecting individuals like ourselves!

• Kr
    krisone Feb 22, 2009

I was very lucky and realised within 30 mins it was a scam and thru' my bank and contacting MBCONTACT I was able to get my dosh back, as it hadn't actually left the bank, but it will take 10-15 days before I get it back. Also lookout for HEINIKENBOTTLING offering one million pounds give awawy and '[email protected]' This also opffers #780, 000 for a input of $275, be aware as they also come under other guises. Check out the E-mail Address if it seems real and if not it generally comes back as postmaster undeliverable.

• Da
    Dawn CAMERON Mar 03, 2009

Forced to subscribe and pay for 3 year unlimited VIP access for ADOBE Acrobat Reader from Adobe website which has proved incompatible with my operating system. Have tried to cancel and request refund of payment of USD $66.74. Adobe has no record of my purchase. It appears confirmation received from mbcontact.com, NOT Adobe, although Adobe DOES IN FACT APPEAR at the bottom of ONE (1) PAGE I did print out.
    Seems that Adobe website has been compromised by mbcontact.com.
    I am still trying to get a refund for my monies paid.

• Bl
    bluehost victim Mar 03, 2009

BLUEHOST.COM IS AS FRADULENT OR MORE, FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS AGAINST BLUEHOST.COM AT http://www.saltlakecity.bbb.org/
    BLUEHOST.COM MISLEADS THEIR CUSTOMERS BY PLACING A SERVICE AGREEMENT AND HIDDEN THEIR TOS TERMS OF SERVICE, BLUEHOST.COM ATOMATICALY CHECKS YOU READ THEIR TOS, WHEN IN FACT IT SEEMS IS REFFERED TO THEIR SERVICE AGREEMENT.
    I PAID $ 900 TO BLUEHOST.COM FOR 48 MONTHS AND AROUND 50 DOMAINS, THEN WITHOUT REASON THEY CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT
    BLUEHOST.COM JUST CLAIMED BECUASE I VIOLATED THEIR TOS, SUCH TOS, I NEVER RECIEVED, BUT EVEN AFTER I READ IT, THEIR WAS NO VIOLATION, I ASK PROOF, BUT REFUSED TO SEND ANY
    BLUEHOST.COM ARE THIEVES, BEWARE.
    FURTHERMORE, BLUEHOST.COM HAS SEVREAL VIOLATIONS OF LAW IN THEIR TOS (TERMS OF SERVICE, BUT ALSO EVEN VIOLATIONS TO THE FIRST AMMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION
    STAY AWAY FROM BLUEHOST.COM, JUST TYPE BLUEHOST.COM COMPLAINTS ON SEARCH ENGINES AND YOU WILL SEE THE AMOUNT OF HARM TO BLUEHOST.COM CUSTOMERS THIS COMPANY HAD DEFRAUDED.
    BEWARE OF BLUEHOST.COM STAY AWAY

• Rj
    rj4you May 25, 2009

I was given a reciept for the credit card and i got the earth website. The above website came with login and password. The website http://membersareame.com/ is not available or does not exist. I have tried several times on Firefox, Internet Explorer and on Google and not one of them can find the website. I would like a full refund or an explanation as to how to retrieve my extra feature and use it.
    Ron Kirkpatrick
    [email protected]

• Bl
    bluehost hater Sep 27, 2009

they suspended our manga website because of some TOS thingy too !! And the website just had been activated for 1 day..less than 24 hours time..they suspended our account! damn! Give back the money my friend paid for the host!! stupid cheater bluehost!!

Mbcontact.comspybot scam

I wish to report the activities of mbcontact, and their quasi-download sites of legitimate software. Last night I fell for their ‘2008search-destroy’ scam on Spybot software, costing me £17.91 GBP. Apparently they are busy using everything from Google Earth, Grisoft AVG, Spybot and many other legitimate company logos to hook people in. My bank has absolutely no interest in pursuing this matter as a fraud, and neither can the UK police do much either. I have reported this to the FBI site IC3, who will action this report of fraud.
Whilst no company seems too worried about their identity being misused, mbcontact.com will continue to generate millions of dollars from their reputations. I am very interested in what they are doing as a victims of this crime in proactively dealing with these scammers. I am intent on taking the following action:
I will purchase the domain name ‘www.mbcontact-fraudsters.com’ with the sole aim of making a website alerting the dangers of this criminal outfit. It will include a bulletin board giving warnings and details of their latest scams. One section will deal with how companies and banks respond to dealing with mbcontacts activities, and what steps (or lack of) they are taking to bring the guilty parties to justice.
The site will strive to identify the people and their home addresses, photos etc. behind this scam. A Paypal account will be set up for people to donate to a fund so that a bounty can be offered on their capture and prosecution. My point is if no organisation will do anything about this situation, then individuals must take control of the internet.

• Da
    David Clark Oct 09, 2008

I to have been caught by this scam. Contacted my bank and informed them and they stated that I will have to wait until the 9th of November and if I have not received the product (no chance) they will then pass it over to there fraud dept. Advice by the bank is to use a credit card and not a debit card as one is covered by the credit card and is able to get the monies back

Christine Oct 16, 2008

I've been stung by this today too. Ironically I only caught onto it after I had eventually downlaoded SpyBot and it blocked the company's URL otherwise I would have given them my details all over again! I'll be calling my bank to tell them, I know I won't get my money back, but I just don't want them using my details again...Gutted!

• Bh
    B Hunt Oct 30, 2008

Like you others I was scammed with this on Oct 8th - didn't know until received my Master Card bill to-day. Phoned Master card & they are sending me a letter to complete - after they receive it back, they will credit my Account with the $72.31 Canadian.

Found a phone # for this ??company?? 1-866-903-4555 & spoke to them saying I wanted a credit for the amount they charged my Master Card, said they will credit it within 5 to 6 business days - we will
    see, guess I have to see if they stand by there word.

• Ph
    Phil Mar 14, 2009

Just downloaded Spybot for US$35, but it was an old version which even after downloading updates didn't bring it up to the current version.
    Credit card hasn't been debited yet, not sure if I have a claim
    I'm sure that the Spybot developers aren't seeing any of this money.

Mbcontact.com — Fraud

Deducted from my Visa account. July, 17 68.74 USD TEL: [protected] Aug.05 66.74 USD Tel: [protected] Aug...

Mbcontact.comitunes download

Advertised a download and membership to itunes. There is no such "membership, and the download "itunes 8.1" was never downloaded onto my computer. There is no such download. I called them and they were very abrupt and rude, said they would refund my $29.88. I put a dispute on my credit card. They would not let me speak to a supervisor. I also told them about this website and that there are a lot of complaints about this same thing.

• Pa
    pacot Aug 11, 2008

I payed for dowload Nero 8 ..tyey never gave me the eserial number .
    They dont answer to mine complaints .
    Y paid and y have NOTHING

AVOID Them !

• Ru
    Russell Nov 18, 2008

It's bad that people try to take advantage of others . Here I'm trying for days to get a little girl some music on her ipod and the whole time i'm feeling stupid because things aren't working out right. Turns out that the itunes store isn't affiliated with offers from other entitees . All I needed to do was go straight to itunes create an account and buy from them. What a rip off. $49.95 for what?

Mbcontact.com — Fraud & scam

Ordered 8.1 update for Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe website which proved incompatible with my operating...

Resolved Mbcontact.com — AVG update

Cant get any responce from mbcontact.com they took the money for a AVG upgrade but this i now no is not a AVG website