Low Pay Card Complaints & Reviews

Low Pay Card — Chris Lane

My son received an unsolicted 'credit card' from Low Pay Card. The only thing he authorized wa...

Low Pay CardUnauthorized billing

I'm a single mother and I live on welfare, I got suckered into this free credit card, then come to find out it is for vitamins and only the products they sell. I never gave authorization to anyone and now my bank account is $382.00 in the hole and the bank is holding me responsible. I called the 1-800 number and I never get anyone the message hangs up on me. Finally I called a different number I found on the book and the lady told me to wait and I'll get my Welcome Packet with a cancel form that I have to fill out. She said that I would get all my money back once I sent it in. The packet never showed, now I can't get a hold of anyone and owe my bank $382.00, I can't afford!!!

• Pe
    percy wallace May 06, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF/SCAM. I NEVER SENT OFF FOR THIS CARD. IT ARRIVED IN THE MAIL WITH MY NAME ON IT.. SO I CALL THE PLACE TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. AND TO CANCEL IT JUST IN CASE IT HAD BE SET UP IN MY NAME... THESE PPL ASK FOR THE CARD NUMBER AND NEXT THING I KNOW. I LOOK AT MY BANK STATEMENT ON LINE AND THEY TAKEN OUT 79 DOLLARS. AND THEN THEY TOOK OUT ANOTHER 130.00 DOLLARS WITHOUT MY CONSENTING. I TRIED CALLING THE COMPANY SEVERAL TIMES AND ONLY GET A MACHINE THAT HANGS UP. I EMAILED THE SITE AND ASK FOR CANCELLATION AND I ONLY GET AN EMAIL THAT STATES THEY CANT DO CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS REQUEST ON LINE.
    THIS IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF/SCAM. I HAVE NEVER USED THE SITE. GO TO YOUR BANKS AND REPORT THIS CRIME HAVE THEM INVESTIGATE... LET STOP THESE CRIMINALS BEFORE THEY GET OTHER HARD WORKING PPL FOR THERE MONEY..

• As
    Ashley May 12, 2008

they have done me the same way. I never applied for this card. I didn't even know what it was. I called to see what it was and they just put me on hold?

• Al
    Alexis Aug 05, 2008

This person is totally correct. These people are total scammers they lie and steal. Dont trust them people they are rip offs i asked to cancel me once i found out they might be scammers and they me they were going to charge my account 79 dollars. these people you cant get in contact with them until their good and ready and they act like they dont know anything about PLEASE PEOPLE CONTACT THE BBB AND REPORT THEM THEY ARE RIPPING OFF OUR HARD EARN MONEY AND ITS PITFUL FOR PEOPLE TO STEAL FROM ONE ANOTHER.

• Sh
    shanelle Aug 29, 2008

Yes!!! This LPC company has taken money from my acct without Authorization, my bank won't do anything, please be careful they are ripp offs!!!

• Su
    Susan Mar 24, 2009

I wanted to get a credit card and one of those sites came up that was $19.95 processing fee for a credit card so I got approved. The lady called me to confirm everything and got my bank account information. I can't remember the lady's name but she told me at the end of the conversation it would be a $79.00 processing fee and $120.00 toward the card from my account. I told her I didn't have that kind of money and that the website said $19.95 for the processing fee and that was it. She said no and argued with me so I told her I had wanted to cancel the order then because I didn't have that kind of money in my account. She said thanks and hung up on me. I had e-mailed the company, called the company, and so on and had gotten charged for the $79.00 and the $120.00. I called for the 9th time and spoke to a guy named Ryan and told him that the lady hung up on me and that I had wanted it canceled and the whole story of what happened. He told me 'well, we've already sent the membership kit to you so there's nothing we can do.' I told him I had canceled in the first place but got hung up on because I didn't have the money and still got charged which caused my bank account to get closed. I talked to my bank and they told me to call the company and talk to one of them to get my money and I told them I have already e-mailed then, called 9 times, and then when I received the kit I had wrote a letter saying I wanted my money refunded to me. I was checking my online bank account to see how much money I had because my rent is due and notice I had $99.00 taken out of my account. I looked to see who took it out and it said the Low Pay Card Inc. I have e-mailed then several times, and called and they will not refund my money for something I didn't want to order. So totaling everything they pretty much stole $298.00 from me causing me to not be able to pay my rent and messing up my whole bank account. So I would really like to have that money refunded back to me like I had asked in the first place. I have a son to take care of and having low life companies stealing hundreds of dollars from me. Thanks.

• Wd
    wd6988 Apr 28, 2009

I agree.I got my card about 2 weeks back and activated it and they didn't say anything about an avtivation fee or any money being required from my bank.All they said was it would take a while to get confirmation from my bank.So I look and it says a 25 dollar check return fee because I didn't have the available funds.Funds for what?Does anybody know a site or place where you can report these people as frauds?If so email me at [email protected]

• Ks
    ksp9271 Jul 02, 2009

You'll think your applying for a credit card of sorts... They took $120.00 cancellation fee out of my checking account... I immediately called to cancel - and they said I couldn't cancel until I got my welcome packet in the mail w/ the refund request... I finally got the welcome packet 2 weeks later... immediately filled out the refund form and sent it all back... The paperwork said it can take up to 21 days... so after 21 days I called and asked where is my refund? They said you don't get a refund or you can pay another $190.00 and then we'll reimburse/refund you!!!

ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME!!! SO I'M OUT $120.00 BUCKS!! DO NOT USE LOW PAY CARD!!! ITS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!

Karen/Rochester, NY

• Mv
    mvalentini Jul 23, 2009

July 23, 2017
    ATTENTION!!

THIS COMPANY MUST BE STOPPED
    THEY ARE LITERALLY ROBBING CITIZENS

I am one of thousands!! My financial institution informed me of crediting thousands of customers daily. YOU MUST READ!!

LOW PAY CARD – is pretending to be a loan company offering to advance cash to citizens needing a loan, ultimately denying the loan once they’ve gathered all bank information.

Once they’ve acquired all bank information, a follow up email advising that your account will be deducted processing fees which total over $300 knowing that the customer will decline or cancel the process. Once the process is declined, they will give a cancellation notice and advise that there will be no refunds.

The company is extremely misleading, provides absolutely no services what so ever for the customer and will continue deducting funds from the customers account even if the customer cancels.

I am not the only one this has happened to, my financial institution Bank of America advised that this is happening to thousands of innocent people daily and the company refuses to give important information regarding their organization.

My bank contact for verification is Beck Coste: at 843- 416-2730 to verify this information. This company needs to be shut down!!!

My name is Marcee Valentini 3266 Morningdale Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
    And my contact number is 843-884-0753

I am acquiring a list currently of all customers that this has happened to and will follow up with that information in the next six weeks!!!

Please look into their process of acquiring these accounts and their practice of misleading customers to get into their bank accounts.

THIS IS CRUTIAL INFORMATION AND SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO IMMEDIATELY!!

They operate under the name Low Pay Card and their addresses are as follows:

P.O. Box 21804 Los Angeles, CA 90021 as well as
    7853 SW Cirrus Drive Beaverton, OR 97008
    And their website is: https://www.mylpcard.com/

When a customer calls once the funds have been removed, they are very rude, offer no information and refuse to return the funds. Not only that will continue removing funds from the account even if cancelled!! PLEASE ASSIST!
    if you want to discontinue the membership.

Response to several customers like this one:

I received a catalog on the 13th of the month and the 14th was the cut-off date for canceling. One of the rules of cancellation is that all the 'stuff' that is sent with the catalog has to be received back within 30 days. I believe they plan that so you can't get out without being tied up in their contract.

The fraud department of my bank is working on getting part of it back, but I'll probably be stuck for $120.00.

• Ko
    Kosterdahl Aug 07, 2009

I totally agree with this, me and my boyfriend had got this card because I really wanted the marine saber for my dad. I ordered the saber about a mth before christmas and never got it until 2 months later. They have been taking and incredible amount of money out of our bank account ever since, leaving us overdrawn on our checking account, and with no money to pay other bills. This place is a complete crock of ### they need to be shut down and made to reimburse all money taken.

Low Pay CardScam and cheating

I did not realize they were going to go into my checking account numerous times and when I tried to cancel over phone was told I had to wait to receive welcome kit before I could cancel. Well, I have not received the kit yet and it has been 3 weeks since that conversation with a csr. After visiting their website, I discovered that I could cancel over the phone but was told that I could not do so. This card is a scam and I hope by writing this letter I can prevent someone else from falling for this scam.

Low Pay Card — Scam alert. Ripping off people's bank accounts.

This is the latest fraud scam cooked up by the same hustler/thieves that gave us the real estate debacle...

Low Pay Card — Scam and rip off!

This outfit collects $400.00 for which you get nothing but a card and a catalog to purchase their junk... NOT...

Low Pay CardScam and cheating!

This is the worst credit card company I've ever witnessed. Each call renders you on hold for 20 minutes each time! I canceled membership shortly after receiving the catalog, because I did not care for it at all. I have been waiting for over one full month for this company to reimburse me for the initial membership fee, as I canceled within the 30-day trial period. It may only be $120 but I did not make them wait for them to begin the membership, I am tired of waiting and getting the run-a-round from the representatives of this company.

• El
    Elena Maria Hernandez May 23, 2008

I learned the hard way that Low Pay Card was a scam. Those people are thieves. I was desparate enough to call them and activate my card. When I read the letter it did not look professional. It had my name printed on it and what not. If anyone gets a card from them BURN IT!! I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I wanted my processing fee refunded. They refused it. When I wanted to extend the charge, they refused by calling me a liar. This made me realize they are thieves! and their business is a complete scam. If they do not refund this fee within the next week, I will get a court order on them!

• Tw
    TWhite Jun 22, 2008

Thanks for the confirmation about the Low Pay Card. I read their Terms and Conditions and thought "this has got to be a scam." There is no way I would pay any activation or processing fee when I can have a REAL credit card with NO fees. But anywho I did my research. Thanks again for your posts and confirming my suspicions.

• Al
    Alexis Aug 05, 2008

these people are total scammers and when i tried to cancel my membership they said well 79 dollars will be taken out of your account and i said no said said do you agree i said no and she said mam we told you this i said you didnt run the phone converation back and after i wouldnt bow to her she got mad and hung up i dont apprectiate people trying to take my money that i work hard for people contact the BBB like i did on these frauds and we will soon get revenge on them

• De
    Derwin White Oct 28, 2008

I am from Baltimore, Maryland. My girlfriend got a letter by the mail from My Low Pay Card and she asked me about it. I looked at the letter and I was supicious about it because there were no major credit card company logo like visa, amex, discover, or mastercard on it. I knew that something was very wrong about it. I did research online it before I touch that strange company card. Thanks goodness I found this website by typing My Low Pay Card on Google.com search engine. I read all of the rip-off and scam company website. I burned the card with fire, literally like Elena Hernandez stated in her story above. Thanks goodness I always investigate any strange mails I get from the mailbox and also protect my families and friends :-)

• Ca
    carneypoole May 21, 2009

i looked into the better business bureau and there is no such company . i even went to my bank so i coulde cancel the my debit card and my bank said they don't even have this company on file. no address or email address or phone number they gave me the one eight hundred number and it was disconnected. to anyone who gets this card it is a scam thank god they didn't get my money yet since i reported to my bank .you can get the money back ask your bank about an affiviate saying it's a bogus company contest it thru your bank and they will look into it at least national city did and they repoted this company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices