Liebherr Complaints & Reviews

LiebherrCustomer service

I bought an expensive Liebherr fridge freezer seven years ago for £799. The freezer unit stopped freezing and Coolectric sent an engineer who fitted a new part, costing £216. In fitting this part, he damaged a pipe so now the whole FF is now not working properly. The engineer said the Liebherr FF must have been a defected product originally for the pipe to be damaged so easily. The engineer took back the part they fitted and gave me back £140. Liebherr have offered a discounted fridge freezer as part compensation. However, I am now without a FF totally and have to buy a new one because of someone else's negligence / defected appliance. Doesn't seem right somehow? Coolectric were very sharp when I shared my grievance so naturally wont be dealing with them again. Based on this experience, don't buy a Liebherr - there are better machine and customer service elsewhere.

1 Response
    • Am
      Amjad Mohiyidheen Dec 25, 2020

You are too lucky man you have used the refrigerator for 7 years !! I too purchased a twin door liebehrr refrigerator then from the very next day onwards it is not working properly, only the top freezer is working with over freezing. Lower portion can use as a wardrobe!!
      Then i complained to service centre after a a long waiting they had came and informed me that i am the culprit, becoz i bought a manufacturing defect product, to resolve this issue the want some modification in the freezer defrosting system, the comedy is that even though i modified they are not sure about future working

Comments

Liebherr — Malfunction

No answer from Liebherr after two messages to the company in the US and Germany - Can you help? I have...

LiebherrSpares

I've been trying to get the door slide for my Liebherr Premium Bio Fresh fridge. Eventually I have found Coolectric who have it but they can only sell it to me in a spares pack for £39.20 + surcharge for credit card and P&P. For a cheap bit of plastic which costs no more than 50p this is a complete rip off. I will also throw 90% of the spares away so what an environmental waste. The fridge is only 6 years old. There has to be an easier way...

LiebherrBad Aftersales service

I amwriting to complain about the aftersales service I received regarding a Liebherr fridge I had purchased 2 1/2 years ago in Greece. The model concerned is CNesf 4003 and the service department is "Service One" in Koropi, Attica 19400.
      On 26th July, a Liebherr technician came to check the problem as my fridge had the temperature of 17 degrees cent. and all the food was getting spoilt. My fridge was taken away on 30th July and returned on 9th August without being replaced by another one. Therefore, I was without fridge for 2 weeks for a replacement of its motor ( A procedure that only needs 90 mns).
      I was extremely disappointed the aftersales service of your company and I hope you will take this into consideration.

1 Response
          maayan Apr 17, 2012

we bought a fridge before moving into our new house.An hour after they put it in it started a big noise.we couldnt use it.I am now still trying to get a replacemant.Its been 2.5 weeks.I Was without a fridge for our big holiday passover.I am so so so dissapointed.The service is up to ### i can't believe it.i will never recomant to anyone to buy liebherr

LiebherrDefective Liebherr Fridge

I bought a Liebherr fridge CBP 36560, after 3 years of service, its compressor broke and freon leaked. The change of the compressor and the location where the freon is leaking and the repair cost half the price of the fridge, and the service does not give any guarantee the freon will not leak in the future. I am appaled that such a seemingly serious company produces fridges that need to be replaced after 3 years of service.

3 Responses
          • Do
            Donald Bragg Jul 24, 2019

My 24 inch stainless refrigerator stopped cooling and alarm went off, shut refrigerator off and threw out everything. I called for service and waited two weeks for repairman to check unit and explain it has evaporator leak and it is not replaceable and it is common for this liebherr refigerator. Called liebherr they would allow 30% discount on new refrigerator. What would I want with another PIECE OF JUNK? SAVE YOUR MONEY DONT BUY LIEBHERR ! THIS IS THE WORST REFRIGERATOR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

Sakis Yann Aug 26, 2013

I bought a LIEBHERR CN 4003 - INOX (1200 EUR) after 3 Years & 4 Months the Refrigerator is out of order due to swollen inside walls.
            It is not possible to repair the refrigerator . The commends of the people in charge in Greece and Switzerland was "BAD LUCK".
            Liebherr should be sued for a deceitful advertising!
            Advise all to avoid buying Liebherr appliances

• Re
            RenaD Aug 18, 2011

Bought 24" freestanding Liebherr fridge.
            After only 2 years and 3 months of service the "sealed system" broke beyond repair!
            Offered 40% discount on a new fridge
            Liebherr fridge is the least reliable of all fridges I've ever owned
            Liebherr should be sued for a deceitful advertising!
            Advise all to avoid buying Liebherr appliances

Liebherrscam in Egypt

I have purchased 6 Liebherr side by side fridge freezers in England, in Spain and in France for my properties in the last 3 years all of them have been of excellent quality.

On 22nd September I purchased model no 7253 BioFresh from your agent in Cairo www.burnertechedgypt.com

They delivered today [23/11/2009] the model 7252 instead of 7253 it is clearly marked on the box and the model number is stamped in the fridge. 7252 is not BioFresh, the salesman he told me that I was stupid and it was BioFresh and was the model 7253. Due to the fact that I already have 6 of your products I know what is and what is not BioFresh.

I am not very happy at all as Liebherr is a very good and well respected company that your agent in Egypt is trying to sell me a lower grade model which is not BioFresh and is trying to pretend that is it BioFresh.

I would like to speak to someone about this Company. I have taken a number of photographs and would be happy to send them to you. I am very sad that the Liebherr name is associated with a Company that does not act in a professional way. I have emailed Liebherr and am waiting for their response.

I live in an expensive development in Hurghada and all of my neighbours have heard me talk about Liebherr and want a fantastic product it is. They want to purchase Liebherr fridges and freezers but they will not if the Company acts not in a professional way.

Zoe Shutler

LiebherrDefective wine cooler

We purchased a $2300.00, 48 bottle wine cooler from Expo Design Center, in Los Angeles that did not work upon removing the unit from the crate. We called Expo Design and they said to call Liebherr Service Center. After the trouble shooting suggestion failed, Liebherr sent a local service representatives out to our home three separate times chasing what they thought was the problem. The relay switch, then a sensor, then the electronic panel board. They wanted to replace the compressor, it was at that point that we said enough and returned the unit to Expo Design. After all, we purchased a brand new unit, not a rebuilt unit. Liebherr refused to replace the entire unit with a brand new unit; instead they wanted to rebuild a lemon in my home...