JobFox Complaints & Reviews

JobFox — Possible Criminal Charges

Rob is the COO of Jobfox. Basically, what happened is in February, Rob ran out of capital. HE KNEW that...

JobFoxUnable to Cancel and Remove Resume

This web site does not allow you to cancel your account - only "inactivate it." Additionally, once you upload your resume you'll never be able to delete it and clear their system of your personal information. They also have someone without your permission, review your resume and send you personalized feedback trying to get a large sum of money from you to rewrite your resume. This is a privacy invasive company with lecherous business practices.

JobFoxResume Incorrect/Incomplete

Jobfox refused to continue to work on my resume as well. I only paid them two payments and told them I needed results before I would pay another cent - which I never got. Like everyone elso on this board I got ripped off - now I am dealing with their collection agency who states they are a law firm which they are not - Brown & Joseph who states I just have to pay or they will continue to post a key derogory on my credit report for the balance of $297. I consider Jobfox guilty of internet fraud and I intend to pursue this - if they have really done over a 100, 000 resume then they have probaly ripped off over $400, 000, 000. We need to band together to stop this company from continuing their scam. There are numerous complaint boards with this same situation - there must be well over 1, 000 complaints. By the way Jobfox is owned by the same guy that owns Careerbuilder - guess we know why he has two sites. Email me at suzanne.[protected]@yahoo.com and I will update you on our we are proceeding against this scam - I am a second year law student and this is not going away Jobfox until you do the job you stated or refund all the individuals you have ripped off.

RESOLVED

I was a main party to a class action lawsuit - go to https://www.google.com/#q=suzanne+werden+jobfox They were stopped from continued action.

JobFoxWon't unsubscribe

I've opted out several times over the last few months, and no matter how many times I do this, JobFox won't respect it. Instead of leaving me alone, they continue to send emails-- no matter how many times unsubscribe. Ironically, they advertise themselves as knowing what it takes to help you land a job. Considering they don't even understand how to *not* alienate potential customers, I find this a little on the hard to believe side. Honestly, it is a little on the annoying side. There should be a place in *** reserved for companies that do this.

JobFoxSubstandard Quality and Service

JobFox seemed like a good idea. Initially it worked well getting the information on available jobs and the "eye candy" associated with my resume. Unfortunately as of late, the site has slowed to a crawl, the leads have become advertisements, and it seems as though they are becoming awfully picky about what you are allowed to see with your subscription. I have read the complaints and I agree with many of them. The site is not worth the investment. Moreover the "resume' re-write" is also not worth the investment. here I thought I could have a "Pro" do something for me that maybe I wasn't doing right - they basically stripped my Vitae down to nothing and asigned me the task of re-writting my cover letter - something they offered to 'throw in" at no charge. After sending them a pile of information I was turned lose to fend for myself. Thanks but no thanks. The site ranks right up there with "Career Builder" - oh yeah that's right same people developed both sites from what I heard. What a surprise. SUBSCRIBER/BUYER BEWARE

isabellaswan Mar 14, 2011

Jobfox started using an affiliate program which is why there are so many advertisements. Recently they have put themselves in the social recruiting ring.. a little too late IMO. Every social recruitment group you try to subscribe to never gets back to you if you ask for an invite. One would think that Jobfox would try to encourage job seekers to join any network to help get a job. But apparently it's about the $$$$$$

JobFoxUnable o cancel account

I became a JobFox member during my search for a job in the technical field. However as I found them to be not useful, for quite some months now I have been trying to contact them to stop my subscription. I managed to talk to one person who said that they would be contacting me to cancel the account. But noone called back and they continue to debit my account every month for $29 automatically from my checking account.
          JobFox's "privacy notice" and "terms of service" notations do give a telephone number to contact them, but several attempts over a 6 month period have resulted in just one contact with this company and silence after that. When I call, I am told by an automated voice that no one is available to take my call and that if I leave a message, someone will call me back as their answering service mailbox "is checked regularly" and my call will be "treated with the utmost urgency" and I will "received a return call within the next business day." 'Silence of the lambs or should I say wolves here !
          I have no alternative now other than seek legal help to sue Jobfox.
          I am wanting to cancel my Advantage account, as I am effectively receiving NOTHING for my $29 per month charge, but I am unable to cancel this automated draw with JobFox. I am also talking to my bank to blacklist this unscrupulous business entity that is preying on job seekers.
          The government should definitely send out a squad to hit these guys hard as they are predators in this current economy.

isabellaswan Jan 28, 2011

I called my credit card company to have them put on their watch list. I also asked my cc company advice on how to have this company investigated for fraud. Suing seems drastic but if you have to threaten to do so, maybe they will finally listen. good luck!

JobFoxScam

Lately I got a resume critique from Jobfox. The resume robot ripped me a new one about my resume. I am so upset by the way they criticized me so I called up the number of my resume writer. That was 10 days ago and all I have been able to get is an answering machine. But lately I got tons of emails from Jobfox trying for me to have a resume writer. Now I know why they were so critical of my resume.

I think that sort of tactic is not very nice for people out of a job. I don't got $400 to have a resume written even if I get the private service and cover letter.

Jobfox scams people. On the internet all of the sites that are positive for Jobfox are from Jobfox people created web sites to make them look good. It's funny that there are so many complaints out there about Jobfox but all of the websites that are created by Jobfox have good reviews.

I do not like it when I feel I have been scammed and I feel like I have by Jobfox.

isabellaswan Dec 27, 2010

Jobfox is a scam. Don't take what they say about your resume seriously. It is a robot that writes it and they make sure they rip you so you'll be desperate enough to sign up for a new resume.

JobFoxFake Job Openings

As a professional jobseeker I am well acquainted with the good and bad in the jobsite universe. Lo and behold, I went to apply for a position from Indeed and was redirected to Jobfox. Some poor employer paid Jobfox to advertise their position; or Jobfox has scraped the jobs as was mentioned in an earlier post. I was forced to create an account to apply for the position.

The profile is remarkably similar to linkedin. (Anyone know of affiliations there?) At any rate I now have a profile and am solicited for their premium services regularly. I also receive listings of "New High-Matching Job Opportunities".

After ten minutes research I found that two of the jobs listed in the email did not exist. In fact I had applied for the positions some six months ago.

Thus, Jobfox is advertising jobs that do not exist tosolicit out-of-work people into spending their money into their fake service.

There are no Help, Site Search, or Support links readily available to unpaid accounts. After a brief dig I ran across the FAQ page (available only when not logged in) with their support email - [protected]@jobfox.com where I am requesting removal of my account and deletion of my information.

*HINT* - if you ever want a job site, or any other site for that matter, to delete your account and data, it is highly recommended that you first log in, change every piece of information you can to false data, and delete everything you can as well.

Change your name, address, zip code, telephone, and any other PII so that if they keep and sell your information later it is unusable.

sammycat13 Jan 26, 2012

they also sell your info to spammers!

• Et
                  Ethelle Dec 09, 2010

Thank you for your comments about Jobfox. They claim not to have any expired/old jobs listed on their site but they can't prove it. Despite Jobfox's increased efforts to prove that they are not a scam, they are a scam. Trying to delete your account: Jobfox does not delete any accounts. They make it "inactive" which means they will still send you resume writing offers about 6 times per week with the same "one time only" offer but they have changed the subject. I have asked a recruiter to look into Jobfox on an employer side, and he said they never post jobs with them even though they are bombarded with solicitations from Jobfox on a daily basis. Stay away from Jobfox. Not only are they a scam but they a email spammers.

JobFoxJob board

What is it with job boards, like JobFox? They, and others like CareerBuilder, have a pay-to-play program in place that urge you to cough up a hefty fee, or a monthly recurring fee. They claim that your resume will be pushed to the head of the line, or that their resume-writing service will up your chances of getting that job.

Just how many pay-to-play participants can you support before the fee is just a waist of money? And what happens to those who refuse to pay? Do they fall by the wayside? Are their resume's even seen? I know CareerBuilder does forward your resume and cover letter, due to acknowledgements direct from prospective employers. JobFox, however, serves as the middleman, and you hear nothing from the prospective employer - just a generic e-mail stating that the job opening isn't there any longer.

As for JobFox's resume writing service, they're persistent in pushing their $400 - $700 service, with claims that vast improvement are just around the corner. Professionals, in my neighborhood, have only seen minor changes that were needed.

Job hunters beware.

isabellaswan Dec 07, 2010

STAY AWAY FROM JOBFOX...
                    JOBFOX IS A SCAM!
                    DO NOT USE JOBFOX.
                    IT IS A SCAM, INDEED!

JobFoxresume

Ok I was looking for something else, and then I find out somebody complaining about Bakos.com, and saying that Resumeedge.com is better... yes, you are right is better. Avoid jobfox.com also. I paid up to 350 dollars for a resume and a cover letter, mediocre job, they didn't have any idea of my market Architecture, they added so many things I didn't said I did or knew. After complaining, because they have a policy of non returning the money to unsatisfied costumer, I finally got at least something decent. And then three months later.. jajaja... the same woman that sold me this service, send me an email telling me that she has review my resume, and she found a lot that need it to be change, she actually copy and pasted them in the free review she did for me. And what a coincidence... is the same crappy resume you guys wrote to me, and the same crappy lines you added to my resume... Awful group of people. I always has done it with resumeedge but this time I wanted to try something different, bad idea.

JobFoxService sucks

The use of this recruiting tool seeks profit above service! I caution all to avoid the Jobfox organization based on a service that cannot perform and yet they are allowed to continue charging unsuspecting consumers!

sack1234 Jul 11, 2011

This place is truly a scam. It bases your "targeted" searches on past experience despite education or resume. Most people rarely get a job directly related to their degree until they graduate. So my searches came up as retail sales and cashier despite my degree in mechanical engineering. How exactly is this better than other job search websites? And then when I tried to ask them how it could be fixed; they essentially said you don't have experience in that field of expertise so go elsewhere to look for a job.

• Co
                        Cornelius Anthony May 27, 2010

I agree with the above statement. Jobfox is stealing! It is wrong what they are doing to people who are looking for employment. I have tried contacting them two strait months waiting for a callback but so far Jobfox have not returned my calls. I tried the bank route but so far I will see what happens at the beginning of next month.

if a rep from Jobfox get thismessage cancel my account.

C. Anthony
                        [protected]

• Po
                        porkchop2678 Mar 12, 2010

Hello this comment is for Jobfox customer service

I was attempting to search you jobs, but kept getting an error message saying my email address was incorrect.
                        Well, I beg to differ. I have used this one for 7-8 years and see no reason to change it now. So, I will use some other job search entity.

regards
                        r.parker
                        [protected]

JobFoxpoor resume writing service

The jobfox resume writing service is pitiful.

The writers seem uninterested and is very disconnnected from their "sell" of reviews.

Avoid.

• Ph
                          Phenu Feb 07, 2011

Thanks for writing these reviews and comments regarding jobfox resume writing service. I was faced with whether or not to take their offer on this service, however I decided to do a little research (like I normally do) before giving up a huge amount of money. Thank you, now I have been educated on their "superior value resume writing service" and not lost $349.00 as requested for the service.

• Do
                          Do What You Know Feb 01, 2011

The first thing I do is do a search on the company with the BBB. When I find complaints, I copy the web address and reply, "Thank you for the constructive critism and being straight forward [as with jobfox], but please elaborate on the <web site of the complaint>. Thank you - Me

• Ju
                          Juanita B Jan 20, 2011

I also fell for the Resume scam!! The resume had grammer issues and bars which computers can't read. When I contacted the person whom had written my resume she responded back by offering a rewrite which I agreed. After 3 days I received notification that the resume was all done. I logged back into my jobfox account and reviewed the resume. After reviewing the resume and sending it to a friend whom works for an hr dept, we both notice that there were one or two words changed and that words throughout the resume was spelled incorrectly which could have been fix by a simple spell check which every program has! Don't waste your money!!!

anothervictim1231 Dec 06, 2010

I fell for the 'resume rewrite'...it came back rearranged at best. Nothing unique or catchy...as stated above...'unscannable'. I was better off just doing it myself. Further, their cover letter is a 'copy and paste' that can be found anywhere & everywhere on the net...keep your money...you're better off to invest it in a class on resume writing that this service.

• Mb
                          M Benavides Sep 04, 2010

@Writestuff,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm unemployed since last month and I'm looking actively everywhere for a good job. As a result of getting into all sort of job boards, I have received many offers to help on my job search. This week I received an extensive resume review (a sales letter) form a "Jobfox Resume Expert" which really concerned me. Honestly I started to consider to buy their resume writing service but after reading your posting I'll walk away from Jobfox. Thank you again for saving me $324.

M. Benavides.

• Wr
                          writestuff Aug 05, 2010

Jobfox is a giant FRAUD. They prey on unemployed workers trying their best to find a job.

Their resume rewrite is a COMPLETE WASTE. I sent them my resume, and they gladly took $299 from me, but failed to deliver back a professionally rewritten resume as promised. Instead, I got back a resume that was merely re-arranged and reformatted -- BADLY. They added lines, or bars between sections -- which any hr professional worth their salt will tell you not to do. Computers can't scan bars and will kick your resume out -- un-scannable.

Then when you call to request a refund, your call goes to a voicemail box that says it is full. Yes, full of messages from disgruntled customers who got scammed by Jobfox out of their unemployment checks, and received nothing of value in return.

Jobfox is a SCAM. I tried reporting them to Master Card, and they suggested reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Buyer Beware -- Jobfox is a SCAM!

JobFoxGet Hired Center

Jobfox has a "Get Hired Center" once you login. On the left side of the page you will see
                        "Apply to Matched Jobs (50)" indicating the number of job matches for your profile.

When you click on the hyperlink
                        "Apply to Matched Jobs" you will see
                        "Review Matched Jobs & Apply"
                        You will see a button
                        "Apply Now"
                        below the job description.

Upon clicking the "Apply Now" button you are taken to a screen that states in big letters
                        "There are two easy ways to apply for this job" …the Basic or Advantage way.

I choose "Standard Resume Submission: We send your resume to the employer."

I click on the "apply Basic" button at the bottom of the screen, upon which a confirmation note displays:
                        "Your resume has been successfully submitted. "

I am very proactive in my job search. A few days later, allowing time for transmission and processing, I call some employers and find out they are unable to verify receipt of my resume. Jobfox did not provide much more than the:
                        Company name and "About the Company"
                        "Job Title" and "About the Job"
                        City and state

I had to Google to obtain company address and phone number. Has anybody else had a similar exerience?

I expect my resume to be submitted 100% of the time. I am disappointed.

• Ha
                            haveibeentricked2 Feb 16, 2010

uh-oh. just signed up yesterday.

• St
                            Still Jobless Jan 18, 2010

YEP, total scam - I first realized this was a scam when one of the questions was, "what is the name of your mobile phone carrier?" Many "other" job websites revert you to this type of page, probably to collect personal information, as you all know, that you cannot continue to the "next" page unless all questions or blanks are filled in. PLEEEEEEase!!!

• Th
                            thevincenzo Nov 06, 2009

I agree, the apply now button never works. Even with jobs that I am a "match" for, I still can't apply. All they want is the money for the "upgraded" account.

isabella swam Oct 28, 2009

Jobfox is garbage. Period.
                            Look at some of the other complaints written up here.
                            I suggest you stay away from it before the suck you in and send you TONS of spam emails promising you services they don't actually provide.
                            No matter when I apply I get a message saying that I am not a fit for the job but to look at the others to apply to. I got them from the matched jobs!
                            Look around the web to find what other applicants are saying about the company.

Hope that helps!

JobFox — Unable to contact

I became a JobFox Advantage member during my search for a job in the technical field. According to JobFox...