iGavel Complaints & Reviews

iGavelQuestionable practices/ Fraud

I have shopped this site over 4 years purchasing 5 items, all of different categories. This site has always been a thrill, even if only to observe the various auction pieces.
Within the last year i had noticed one paticular bidder, (How could you not- the ID, HAHAHA. Not only imature, but rude & arrougant.) The ID has since changed twice. First to 'silverking' & now the buyer is simply, 'winner'. This buyer has started bidding on nearly everthing pertaining to gold or silver. It is understandable that some would invest in these pieces, although I have to question if this buyer is paying the premium' of 20%???. If that number is added to the winning bid, the price of the items are nearing retail. Plus then you have the added cost of shipping/handling/insurance.
This buyer will bid coins, watches & clocks, jewellry, silver & virtue at tens of thousands per auction.

I am sickened by the 'In your Face' attitude portrayed by the ID Igavel has allowed, but also the fact that acquiring a fine piece at a decent price is no longer available to anyone. I wonder how many others have observed this and feel as i do.

• Ni
    NickThorn May 09, 2013

He is a pretty strong buyer, but he certainly does not win all silver lots, and indeed he does pay the buyers premium as does everyone who bids at iGavel. He actually pays around scrap weight, usually, maybe a bit over, deifinetly not retail pricing. I'm sorry his user name offends you. He usually picks up, so shipping is not an issue

Nick Thorn
    Vice President
    Litchfield county auctions

• Da
    David Gainey Sep 24, 2013

I notice the things for sale on igavel are broken or drilled vases, paintings you could not give away, and stuff that can not be sold at regular auction sales, or the estimate is so over inflated to make you think you are getting a deal.It is hard to compete against people who have unlimited funds. Please go buy somewhere else, an let a few of us collectors get a piece every now and then. my other big complaint is the shippers they have got you over a barrel and they know it. They specifically take advantage of the Igavel buyers I know I pay these pack and ship folks 200.00 an hr. Ridiculous amounts of money for a do nothing job

iGaveliGavel is the worst auction service ever!

iGavel is the worst auction service ever. They are incompetent and liars. To start of with, they left the package containing the items I sent to them to be auctioned sitting at the post office for an entire month before finally getting up off of their lazy butts and claiming it.

I checked, both at my local post office, and at usps.com, and the maximum the post office keeps packages that were sent certified mail, which mine was, is 14 days, then if the package is not claimed, the package is sent back to the original sender on the 15th day. Which means that IGavel had to make special arrangements with their local post office to allow them to keep packages for more than twice as long. Which means that they have to do this regularly. They then proceeded to drag their feet for another 2 1/2 months, with me calling every couple of weeks and not getting anywhere; before finally calling and saying that they were not going to auction off my items. During this time, I had just bought a new house, and my plant went on strike. I'm dying over here, and their playing around. The items that I sent to them were two pieces of high value jewelery. The sorry excuse that they pulled out of their butts for why they wouldn't auction off my jewelery was that it was too new. I filled out an online form before I sent them the jewelery and specifically included in it that the jewelery was new; I still have the email I got back from the president of IGavel to prove it. To top it off, they charged me $45 to send my stuff back to me. Whatever you do, don't ever get involved with IGavel.

• Ig
    igavelislame Jan 15, 2010

BUYER BEWARE!

iGavel customer service SUCKS!

They claim a "guaranty" A LIE! They are slow, lazy and refuse to stand by their buyers!

jonmarks Jan 31, 2010

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH IGAVEL SINCE IT'S INCEPTION.

• Sc
    Screwed seller Jun 10, 2014

Probably good if you want to buy, but totally sucks from a seller's perspective. I had higher quality lithographs than identical ones that sold elsewhere for $2800+, yet mine sold for $45 to $145. I nearly died! I cannot believe I used them. I should have known since when I dropped off the lithos, he asked for 3% more commission than he did on the phone.
    I would have done much better on ebay.

• Tj
    tjxyz Jul 05, 2016

I agree with the previous sellers. There was a great deal of double talk that went on, and I too found their initial promises to be lies. Igavel does not do a good job monitoring the behavior of their representatives. I will never use them again and warn others who are thinking about using their services.

• Jr
    J.Reynolds27 Oct 31, 2016

I have both bought and sold through Igavel auctions and I could not disagree more with the above comment. All my interactions were conducted professionally and in a timely manner.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices