Icon Payment Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Icon Payment SolutionsMisrepresentation

I have an existing POS system with credit card sliders on the machines. It is Softtouch software and never had any major issues. I thought I’d give ICON a chance and change them to my credit card processing company. An ICON technician called and said he could do the changes to my POS software but only for $1, 000. After I said no, I thought the whole thing would be dropped. A month later I found debits taken from my checking account for lease ($163.57) and a monthly charge ($37.20) from the Merchant Services company. I contacted the MS company (an ICON address listed) and they agreed to credit the amount back -- which they did. They said to contact the lease company for the other amount.
After multiple messages to ICON, when I finally talked to a person, I thought the response was a little prepared and practiced (as though she has said it many times before.) This caused me to check the internet (finally) and I found out the severity of my mistake. You will find they are rated F with the Better Business Bureau and have many bad blogs on multiple sites. Some with situations very similar to mine. Their website actually reads no charges on setup, but that is not true.
They will not reimburse the money they took from my account, even though they never did anything to earn it. There is no lease, although they contend there is and intend on taking a cancellation fee. I will have to take them to small claims court to get my money back, but it appears they are used to that. If anyone asked me about ICON, I would tell them not to be associated with this company. Not worth the couple of pennies in profit.

Icon Payment Solutionsscam - dishonest practices - non payment to employees

Icon Payment Solutions is a merchant servicing company based out of Mesa Arizona. They hire reps all over the country, and train them to practice dishonest sales methods to achieve sales. They get merchants to sign lease contracts telling them that they have the option to back out when in fact once they sign they can only back out of the processing not the lease on the equipment. The guys who run the company Jon Cannon and Sean Mecham promise big commissions when in fact the checks that they write bounce! I don't know how these guys sleep at night knowing they are scamming innocent business owner and salesmen trying to make a living to provide for their families. These guys have huge homes and expensive cars due to their dishonest practices. The truth is if you guys worked this hard at an honest living instead of a dishonest one you could be very successfull and not have to scam people.

Icon Payment SolutionsFalse sales claims/fraud

BEWARE OF ICON PAYMENT SOLUTIONS AND IPAYMENTINC.COM The sales rep told me my rate would go down to 2.08% if I switched my credit card processing to them. Said that included the key-pad processor for $48/month. Told me I could cancel the contract at any time with no penalty and also said they would pay the $195 early termination fee from my old processor. I specifically told him we needed a $15, 000 per transaction limit. He wrote $1500 on the contract. My company sells large equipment. $1500 per sale is ridiculous. The way I discovered the $1500 limit was when I ran an $8500 charge through and noticed it didn't hit our account. Had to call to find out what was going on. Was contacted by their fraud department (Regina). This person couldn't care less about assisting me in a timely manner. Long story short, it took TWO WEEKS to get the funds to our account. And they contacted our customer which made us look bad. I sent all the paperwork they requested to get the limit changed to what it should've been in the first place. One month later I recieved a letter saying our limit had been increased to $4000. This company doesn't care about what their customer's needs are. If we were to continue using them it would put us out of business because we wouldn't be allowed to collect money for our sales (by the way, they also put us on a $15, 000/month limit. For a company that sells an average $50, 000/month and has NEVER had a charge back in it's history!!). As far as what the salesman promised: 1)they never paid the early termination fee from my other processor 2) the processor equipment is a non-cancellable lease and it's $54, not $48/mo 3) the huge savings I was supposed to get was a total lie. Instaed of paying 2.08%, including the lease, I've paid 5% one month, plus the lease, and the latest statment is 10%, plus the lease. This company is only interested in making as much money as possible. They're not there to provide good service to thier merchants whatsoever.

• To
          tosp Jul 07, 2011

I was a former employee of IPS and I agree with you all the owner cares about is money he spends the money so fast that when I received my final check I was charged a return item chargeback which means he didn't have enough money in the account to pay me which was only 405 the people that work there are paid to much which means that he is paying more then he has just so people will work there. Some time in june there was an incident where he had to put a hold on his cards so his wife wouldn't spend all the money so his employees will get paid this company is so messed up that they really don't care who they do business with, If I were you I think you should find a new processor just to be safe.

Icon Payment SolutionsFraud

We where contacted by Icon Payment Solutions via phone and offered some very attractive rates for our credit card processing, we agreed to meet with their Senior Account Executive Robert Lewis. Robert reviewed our past months statemnets and proclaimed that he would be able to save us a substantial amount if we would switch to processing through them. At that time I informed Robert that everything sounds ok however we MUST BE ABLE TO PROCESS THROUGH OUR POS SOFTWARE AS REQUIRED BY OUR FRANCHISOR. Robert made a call to his office and then informed me that it would not be a problem and that his company did it all the time. Robert even noted on the agreement that the "Deal was subject to being able to process through our POS software" Robert even went as far as having a letter faxed to me stating that I could cancel at any time with out any type of penalty. As of today 4/7/20011 a full two months later we are still un-able to process through our POS software, not only that we have had our checking account debited over $200.00 for processing and for a lease on equipment that has never been installed! Numerous calls, e-mails and faxes have not been responded to. Calls to First Data have not been responded to as well thrrreir reply simply is that only Icon can cancel the lease. I will be contacting the BBB, as well as local law enforcement and state attorney's office to formally file a complaint for fraud and possibly wire fraud. These type of people need to be stopped!

• Ro
            Robert Lewis 27 Aug 23, 2011

Frank

This is Robert Lewis. I do not feel it is my fault as our deal was subject to what you and I agreed to. When I found out what was happening, I made every atempt to do what I could in my power to make sure our deal was what we agreed to. Since I am not in the office to flick a switch and make it right for you I dont know what else I could do for you. I am on your side Frank (glass dr.) and my rep is very important to me. Also because of you I started calling my old clients and found out that they were running into some of the same issuse that you were. When I found out that I was being screwed like everyone else I left the company right away. I will not be attached to a company that is screwing people. They even stopped payment on my last check. I did find out how to get out of your lease and you need an attorney letter sent to Icon and First Data
            Frank this is not how I do business and if there is something I can do to help you just let me know

• Fr
            frank spac Aug 04, 2011

I, too, am being screwed by ICON & Fdgl. They're salesman came into my shop stating his company is used by Wells Fargo Bank and said I qualified for direct transactions as his company monitors transactions going thru the bank, because the bank is a 'middle man' and ICON is the company they use. The lower percentage, the early cancellation re-imbursment, the equipment charges were all completely FALSE! I have no contract from Fdgl, and trying to contact these @%! at Fdgl or ICON is harder than hitting the lottery..3 times in a row! At the time he came to my shop, I was in not-too- good health, and my manager tried to listen to him while taking care of biz., though it's no excuse, I usually would ignore this 'Heaven Sent' solution...Fdgl charges $98. @ mo. & ICON is 2.30% & climbing...and surprise!...They never re-imbursed my early cancellation fee...But it's only been 18 months!>>Would I enjoy bringing these 'waste-of-life' p----s to justice?>>> MORE than hitting the lottery 5 times in a row!!! Maybe even 10!!!GRRRRRRR!~~~~ Sleepless in Santa Ana

Icon Payment SolutionsNO LICENSE

ICON payment solutions had their license revoked in Arizona on 8/10/10. Didn't file their annual report. Why did some guy Robert show up at my office in Ft Lauderdale today? He stayed for 3 hours. I would NOT sign anything until I did my research. This guy was pissed off when he left. He even called his boss and they tried a different approach with me. I still wouldn't sign anything. Sooooo glad I didn't sign.

Icon Payment Solutionsdishonest

I was sold a bill of goods that didn't come close to being true. My rep. <who has never called me back> told me that his co. would save me $250 to $200 a month. He also stated that he would cancel my currant contract < he never did> The equiptment is junk it is celular which we get horrible service always dropping the transactions. they promised 1.25 rate but are running 80% under non compliant at 4.40 rate. we are a small indepentant rest. with a average $25.00 check I am going to drop them like a hot potato but they also sabotage their 1st date rip off equiptment so no other co.can use. this whole ordeal has cost me much stress not to mention the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.any solutions out their <not icon>

Icon Payment SolutionsFRAUDULANT CONTRACTS

Icon Payment Solutions contacted me over the phone to congratulate me on qualifying for "wholesale pricing" on my credit card processing. Intrigued by the offer I set up an appointment with Jenny Haskett, sales rep. At our first meeting she offered on a credit card machine, 1.8% processing fee and NO per item charge. WOW! This is great - I am going to SAVE over $200/month on fees.
              At this point I didnt need any equipment as I am in business for 12yr and already had all the equipment I need to process credit cards. I told her I was not going to sign any papers without my husband looking at it. She said I have to drive alot to come back just to get signatures so why dont we do the paper work and I will give you some time and when you call me I will turn in the paperwork. She didnt leave me with a copy of my papers but promised she would email me the contract. Guess what she never emailed me my contract nothing and the next thing I know is I have recieved equipment that I never asked for and a transaction into my checking account. I didnt authorize any of it.

Unfortunately I researched ICON Payment Solutions AFTER I signed the contract and found some disturbing posts on the internet. ICON called several times to "activate" my machine. I refused to do so until I received a copy of my contract. The copy never came and I NEVER even plugged in the machine.
              I finally after calling Icon constantly two days in a row I got someone to email me a cancellation letter which they did and I signed and faxed back but I was told that I was still obligated to the lease with FIRST DATA. I am not aware of me signing any lease for equipment as I did not need any. I called First Data and they gave me the run around as well. Saying I cant cancell the lease as they have already paid Icon for the equipment. Now I do not have a merchant number or a lease number with them and they just wont do anything about it.
              I told them I was cancelling the contract and they said the contract was non-cancellable.
              This contract was attained through fraudulant means and I contend that the contract was never valid. I will be filing with the attorney generals of California and Arizona to alert the public of this ongoing SCAM. Please beware of anyone calling from ICON Payment Finance Group . I am POSITIVE that if the original signed contract ever emerged I could prove that it was ALTERED.
              I would really appreciate it if you would look into the amount of complaints on the internet against this company and do something about it.

• Sc
                  scam on a large scale Apr 13, 2010

Hello everyone who has been scammed by icon and first data,

There is a gentleman who is suing them and would like to know if you all would like to join him. I was contacted by him and the more people we have the stronger the case will be. His name is jason and his contact number is [protected]. Anyone who would like to do something to get these crooks punished please join and call Jason.

• Ha
                  Hardwood FD Apr 12, 2010

Icon promised us a bundle rate of 1.67 percent in compare to the 2.25 we were receiving. We have just received the first month statementy and we are being charged 4.25 percent discount. This is for alsmot 100k monthly credit card processing. Not to mention they sold us on leasing a credit card processing machine. Icon and their employees are ### lying pieces of you know what. Never sign anything with them. You will be sorry. Avoid Icon Credit Card processing with all means. Have an attorney go over thier contract before signing it.

Icon Payment Solutions — Dishonest/Thieves

We met with Jon Cannon their sales rep. who went over all of the charges and fees. We process with Quick...